Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]

Go down 
+4
Brieanne Devereaux
Evaine Moonblood
Jim Hawkins
Minister of Magic
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 am

"Of course it is.." said Brie, stretching for quite a long while before situating herself so she didn't feel any more disoriented than she already was. She looked at Todd for some time, trying to figure him out. "You seem so happy and carefree, Toddy.. always making jokes. Don't get me wrong, it's cute, and I find it highly uplifting, but here's my question.. are you really happy?"

She sat her chin in her palm, her eyes heavy and her tone laced with irregularity as she continued, "I mean.. everyone has a mask they wear, whether they know it or not. There's always that one thing you hide from the world, and you don't want anyone to know.. some keep it that way, some don't. Heck, I'm just off my rocker right now, but I think I'm making sense."

((YAY IT'S GOLD! And yes, Brie is in tune with the crazy psychiatrist side of herself now xDD She's gonna be all Dr. Phil-ish.))

Last edited by Brieanne Devereaux on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:46 am

((yay to Dr. Phil-ish xD!!))
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

Todd stared at her for a few beats, caught completely off guard by her question. He decided to lower his voice so that Professor Rivera wouldn't hear them. "I, uh, think so..." He hadn't thought about it before - nor did he particularly want to talk about it. Being 'happy', or even pretending to be, was better than being all doom and gloom, wasn't it?

He heaved a deep sigh. Suddenly, the idea of being by himself at the moment seemed like a very good idea. He didn't like this kind of thing at all, and had to restrain himself from looking somewhere else. "Yeah, okay, Drunk Bri. Why do you even care?" he demanded, not caring, for the moment, how harsh he might sound.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

"Am I not supposed to, Todd?" she snapped, frowning, "Am I not supposed to care about how you're feeling? Hell, we haven't even been friends for a week yet, and you guys know more about me than my parents. I've been a blabbermouth, and I just wanted to open up a chance for you guys to vent.. starting with you," she reinforced, her glazed-over eyes shining in the light. She realized her voice was getting a little loud, and she quieted down to a whisper, "I'm drunk, I know that. I'm not myself, I know. Y'know what, I'll just shut up now. I'll shut up."

She slid down in her seat, frowning as she looked out the window, her brown eyes filling with tears.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Todd blinked, watching her rage for a moment and hoping she wasn't being loud enough for the professor to hear. He lowered his voice further, almost as if to compensate for her outburst, and whispered, "Okay, I'm sorry. You...you're right. I just don't...talking about stuff is not my thing at all. You surprised me." He took a deep, calming breath. "Again, sorry. I know you're trying to be all friendly, but it's just not...easy." He dragged a hand down his face, frustrated with all these social tics. A prime example of why he'd had very few friends last year.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Brie turned back around, looking at Todd with soft eyes, her whisper still in effect "..I'm being hotheaded again. I apologize.. but really, Toddykins, I know stuff bothers you already. You can't keep holding stuff in and not letting it out. You will go INSANE from doing that.."

She crossed her legs, yawning, a slight smile on her face, "I'm not myself at the moment, Toddy. I surprised my own self as well," she reminded him, putting a hand on top of his, "Don't be frustrated. We've got your back."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Todd nodded slowly, running an anxious hand through his own hair. "Yeah...yeah, okay." He continued working his jaw, though, simply because that was one of his nervous impulses and he could not possibly think of a good reason to stop. "Uh...thanks, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Brie nodded, closing her eyes while doing so, "Anytime, Toddy.. anytime.." she whispered, twitching her nose. Her head was starting to hurt, and it was getting mildly annoying. She rubbed at her temples, the pain getting exceedingly worse as she did so. 'Dammit,' she thought, chewing on her lip to keep quiet. "..When are we gonna mess with the boggart?" she quietly asked, her right eye twitching from the pain.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Evaine was still in her depressed staged, hearing what Brie said made her smile a bit but she was still thinking of her father. If that thing could show him it would make her happy but her fear was loosing him and to see him die again if front of her. Eva mumbled "I don't want to see him go.." she cried, whipping her tears away, she looked up at Todd and Brie "Todd something the matter you look..like hell." she said placing her hand on his desk
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:53 am

Todd allowed himself to tune out for a few more seconds, but Eva's voice eventually made it through his daze. "Hmm?" he murmured, shifting his brown eyes in her direction. "Oh, nothing important, man. Just being the emo little gnome that I am." He could have commented that she didn't look the best for wear either, what with her crying, but he decided it would be insensitive to bring that up.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:52 am

Brie was looking-- well, more like drunkenly glaring at Evaine, her eyes heavy and weighed with the alcohol she had accidentally drank earlier in the day. She sighed, sitting her chin in her hands, "Moonie, it'll be okay. We'll all be okay," she reassured despite her unconvincing looks.

She then lulled her head in Todd's direction, her vision slightly modifying itself as the colors blended together, "..You're not a gnome," she said, running a hand through her hair,"..You're.. you're Toddy. Toddy Hot Cross Buns."

(OOC: Toddy hot Cross buns.. so could be used as a nickname. Might be ;D AHAHAHA!)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Todd glanced down at Bri, trying to fend off a smirk; accidentally inebriated was definitely not something to laugh about. "Seriously, man. Sobriety potion on aisle four, please," he muttered under his breath. At her new...'nickname', Todd's eyes widened fractionally. "Oh, my gosh. However true that may be, you need to, like, never be drunk again. Even accidentally. It's too much crazy to comprehend."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:11 pm

"Noooooo.." she managed to drawl out, her head slipping out of her palm and onto the desk, her forehead cushioned by her arms that were now folded on the desk, "..I don't wanna drink some nasty potion.. why would you even say that poppycock?"

Brie looked over at Todd, frowning, "What, you can't handle my craziness? Can't handle my NORMAL craziness. Nobody can," she said, adding a '..cause I've got too much that comes with me to handle,' under her breath for emphasis.

The girl sighed, looking at her desk, "It isn't my fault I'm like this, Toddykins. I'm dysfunctional normally, yes, but like this.. anything and everything can come out. Hell, you don't even know half of what I've been keeping from you guys. Some things just don't need to be said."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:48 am

Aimee had been sat quietly between Maggie and Moses, wondering when class would start properly, nervously looking around the room and wondering what her boggart would turn into. It isn't always your worst fear, sometimes, it is just a fear... Thinking, she worried over what it would be, she sincerely hoped it would not be one of her sisters lying dead in the middle of the room, neither Alice nor Anna were in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff so neither were here. She sighed and bit her lip a little, she liked most creatures, but not boggarts.
Back to top Go down
Alliss Rivera
Admin
Alliss Rivera

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:01 am

"Well done, Emily isn't it?" Alliss looked down at her, impressed that a first year possessed this knowledge, she assumed someone must have told her before class began, it was too unusual. Smiling nonetheless for the moment, she moved onto the practical. "Right, so, to introduce you to Defence Against the Dark Arts, I have indeed placed a boggart in this wardrobe and would like you all one by one to confront and defeat it." She clapped her hands and a red rug appeared on which the students could line up.

"The annunciation is Riddikulus," Alliss pronounced it clearly and with her wand, she moved it circularly in the correct movements. "Please proceed in alphabetical order: Aimee Sanders, Anise Kan, Brieanne Devereaux, Caleb Button, Carson Barrowman, Emily Castle, Evaine Moonblood, Hiccup Wolfe, jim Hawkins, Jiquelyn Divino, Margaret Thompson, Moses Vargas, Nani Pelekai, Pippalene Filch and finally, Todd Cross. Thank you."

As she spoke, the students alined themselves into the correct order and when she saw the first Hufflepuff girl was ready, she opened the wardrobe and released the boggart into the silence amongst the students.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:11 am

Emily smiled brightly at the teacher... And nodded as the teacher reconized her... Then her smiled turned into a perfect 'o' on her mouth when from nowhere a red carpet lined into the ground. Then she but her lips as she entered in line, and gazed briefly to Moses and Pippa, a bit far behind her. She listened very carefully to the teacher as she spoke the propely annunciatio, and she started thinking furiously on what could possibily fears her the most.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:17 am

Standing in line Evaine's stomach was in nots, she left like she was going to pass out, Oh why did it have to be a boggart, first day and it had to be that. 'Riddikulus yeah, I already knew that.. can't think of anything funny about seeing my father dead..' she thought sighing she looked at the first year hufflepuff 'Emily' was her name. Yet behind her was Hiccup and Jim 'Just hurry up say the damn word so you can go on your marry way.' her thoughts of her dad clouded her mind, biting down on her lip she tried not thinking of her dad. Remember brie was still tipsy she bite down harder 'Oh Brie i hope she'll be okay, Brie's the 3rd person to go.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:43 am

Aimee gulped as she realised she was the first one up for the boggart, without much warning, Professor Rivera opened the wardrobe. She didn't even see the boggart before the space around her turned dark. She couldn't see a thing.

"I can't see!" Aimee blinked slowly, panicking a little before she realised it was simply the boggart playing tricks on her. Taking a deep breath, she repeated the spell and thought of something funny. "R-Riddikulus!" With her first try, the darkness remained and she began to shiver as she became more and more afraid. Closing her eyes for a moment, she re-opened them slowly and said the spell again with more force and a clear idea of how to beat the boggart.

"Riddikulus!" Aimee completed the wand movements correctly and the darkness disappeared as a my little pony came galloping from the tip of her wand, it's horn glowing vibrantly. Aimee laughed at the pony which snorted at the dark boggart and she smiled to herself. Proud of her achievement, she moved to the side, shooting a grin at Maggie and Moses.
Back to top Go down
Alliss Rivera
Admin
Alliss Rivera

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:45 am

"Well done Aimee!" Alliss nodding encouragingly to the sixth year, though in one of the older years, she always saw Aimee as a first year, after all, she was rather small. Smiling, she awaited the next person.

[To avoid all the fears being the same, i.e: Someone they love dying, I am banning that fear, to ensure range, please pm me requesting that as your fear and the first few, I shall accept.]
Back to top Go down
Minister of Magic
Admin
Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:18 am

[I give permission to skip Anise Kan, so Brieanne Devereaux, it is your turn.]
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsau.rpg-board.net
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:53 am

Brie blinked as she realized it was her turn, frowning as she pulled her wand out, her senses still a bit fuzzy. 'Where the hell is that Anise girl?' she thought angrily, looking over at the boggart with questioning in her eyes. She stepped forward, watching the creature while it decided what to turn into, and Brieanne's eyes widened in fright as it shifted.

It was a Hippogriff. A black, red-eyed Hippogriff.

As she prepared to say the spell, it changed its mind, obviously sensing a greater fear within the Ravenclaw's soul. The boggart took shape of herself, crazed and drunk with the desire for evil power.

The crazed Brie's body was curvy and hourglass-shaped, her hair cascading down to the middle of her back, tangled and shiny with the underside dyed a blue-black. She looked mature and vivacious, although one thing was startling: she had the tattoo of a Death Eater on her arm, and she was perfectly content with it.

Brieanne, however tipsy she may have been, gripped her wand and practically growled, "Riddikulus!", laughing slightly as the alternate version of herself turned into a snowman. She moved over to the side of the room, still slightly shaken by what she saw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:08 am

Caleb gave a half smile to Maggie then proceeded forward towards the wardrobe . This was it , he had to do it . He took a big gulp and awaited the worst. He let out low breaths but remained focused. He had to do this, he knew what it would be .

Then it came , he tried to focus . At first the image of him and his mother was flashed before him . It was the younger version of himself smiling looking up at her . His mother was exactly how he thought she would be , long dark hair and dark eyes. He smiled as he watched the scene. But then it was gone . A mist surrounded his feet and instead of the two figures there was placed a tombstone. He gulped as his eyes were reading what was on the gravestone. It was his mothers. He knew that.
The mist felt like it was choking him , everything felt increasingly real . He could feel the pain. He never got to see her or feel like he’d known her . The hours of training trying to find leads to where she had gone had failed . He had failed – it was all his fault . The tombstone illuminated all that clearly . He would never find out.

He snapped at himself , he had to do this . To prove he could save her that was what he had to think. Something funny his mind ticked away ... something funny. He got it he closed his eyes tightly and thought hard and long . When he had pictured it , he knew it was time.

“Riddikulus!" He shouted pointing his wand. He felt the surge of power that made his knees weak. When he opened his eyes a zombie appeared before him and began doing a strange dance moves. He smiled he had done it but he knew that all the pain and suffering was still there . He slowly made his way back to his seat.

(( I think it's Emily next ))
Back to top Go down
Minister of Magic
Admin
Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:37 pm

[This class is lasting much longer than anticipated due to inactivity in the post, so you can now post in whatever order facing the boggart, just make your character next in line and the class shall end midday English time tomorrow -> 8th May. Thank you.]
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsau.rpg-board.net
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:17 am

It seemed like everyone was facing their boggart okay, even though they all got a bit scared at their fears. Jim still felt a little nervous though, his palms getting sweaty as he stepped up. His fingers clenched anxiously around his wand, the zombie that Caleb had faced suddenly sensing that somebody else was approaching him. There was a blur of movement, and then the zombie was gone entirely. Instead, there was a small group of clouds, hanging lazily in the air. But then they drifted away, revealing a pale, full moon. Jim's eyes widened slightly and he swallowed. No doubt all the other students were looking at him funny, wondering that the heck was so scary about a full moon. Of course, it made sense that that would be Jim's greatest fear, because of what he was. He had to get rid of this thing before people started asking questions. He pointed his wand at the moon and yelled "Riddikulus!" That did the trick. The full moon vanished, turning into a big, fluffy marshmallow that bounced up and down on the floor. Jim gave a weak chuckle, pushing his hair out of his face as he stepped back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:08 am

Maggie watched Caleb face the boggart. She felt bad for him. She wanted to help him somehow. She started to play with her hair as she looked down, feeling she was somehow intruding on something personal to him. She lifted her gaze when Caleb came back to his seat. "Well done." She said giving him a small smile. She watched Jim face a.... white ball? She frowned, what was that thing? When it came her turn she got up and stepped before the boggart. It instantly turned into a bat, flying towards her, aiming for her hair. She ducked before pointing the wand at the little creature. "Ridikkulus!!" She said loudly consentrating on the image that she wanted the boggart to take. The bat changed into a bright pink color before as bright yellow spots started to pop on it. The bat and the spots then started to change colors like christmaslights. She laughed at the bat, turning around and walking back to Caleb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]   First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Class of the Year [Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next