Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}

Go down 
+4
Waycca Louise
Jim Hawkins
Todd Cross
Dean McCoppin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:05 am

Dean took a deep breath as he reached the pitch, with his class in tow. He had set up the goals earlier and the caffeine was now working its way through his system so he was in a much better mood than he had been when he rolled out of bed.

“Okay, I’m going to split you up into two teams, “ he said dropping the ball on the ground and rolling it under the ball of his foot and turned to the Ravenclaw girl in the wheelchair.

“Since you’re injured, you can be the referee, if you have any questions about the rules of the game just ask.”

“Team One: Mr Cross, Miss Castle, Miss Boleyn, Miss Pelekai. Team Two: Miss Moonblood, Miss Thompson, Mr Hawkins. Since the teams are uneven we will shuffle you around periodically. Okay, now Split up and decide who will start in goal.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:16 am

Todd glanced irritably around the pitch, wondering how a game of football was going to be at all educational. He supposed he didn't have room to complain, but he didn't very much like sports - or the heat, for that matter. His eyes flicked over to Brie when Professor McCoppin mentioned her and he had to fend off a worried frown.

His attention was grabbed by the teacher once again when he began assigning teams. It seemed that his remaining friends had been split into the other team. He wasn't too torn up about it at all, and figured that at least this way he'd be able to try and concentrate on the game. He moved toward his teammates.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:20 am

Jim tried to remember what his mother had said about football. Was that the sport with the round ball that people kicked around? Professor McCoppin did have a round ball in his hands, speckled with white and black as if it were a dalmatian. Oh, right. He remembered the sport now. His mother had shown him a couple of pictures of football players, who wore colorful jerseys and short shorts, depending on the weather. Jim always thought the sport was a little weird. Why not just pelt other people with the ball? It sounded a little more interesting to him. But, he shrugged, deciding that he might as well participate. He gave a smile in Evaine's direction, glad to have her on his team. He vaguely remembered Margaret from Defense Against the Dark Arts class, although he hadn't spoken to her extensively.

Last edited by Jim Hawkins on Sat May 26, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:24 am

((Ooh, wait. Are we playing European football(with the checkered ball) or American football(tackling and shoulder pads, pointy brown ball)?
EDIT: Pretend I'm on Todd's account. Or not. Bleh.))
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:28 am

Football was the game he chose to pick? Evaine bit her lip she didn't know much about this game or how to play, she knew some muggle games but not this. This might be inserting she thought crossing her arms she glanced at the Maggie. Giving her a light smile before walking over Jim who was on her Team "Hmm Hey." she said getting closer holding her hands behind her back "do you know anything about this.. game?" she asked laughing a bit nervously
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:46 am

((UK football aka soccer, my brother has played since he was little so I know more about it than I do about American football, besides it's more authentic Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:49 am

((Alright! That's what I figured, since they're in the UK.))
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:49 am

Emily walked slowly to the quidditch pitch, holding Maggie's hand tight into hers. She had never been there before, and she looked amazingly to the pitch, feeling herself a tiny point surounded surrounded by the bleachers. She recognized the ball under the teacher's foot, and she remembered watching some of that games with her father. She sighed disappointed, seeing that Maggie wasn't on her team. She didn't know ot talk with any of the people she was meant to play with... But she knew she wanted to play as striker...

OOC: Yey!! I know many things about soccer!!
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:27 am

Brie gave the teacher a dulled look, somewhat disgusted with the term 'injured'. "Well, alright then.." she muttered, sighing as she spoke to the teacher again, "I might need a little guidance as far as the whole referee thing goes.. don't play a lot of sports."

'Actually, I don't play ANY,' she thought, particularly annoyed by her limited movement, 'They want to break me down. I hate to admit it, but it's working.. this is killing me. I can't handle being limited. I'm a free spirit.. I need to move, to breathe.. to fly. And I can't in this damned wheelchair.'

She wretched herself from her thoughts, doing a quick overview of the teams, honestly not feeling like being awake at that particular moment.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:37 am

"Just keep an eye out, " Dean advised, "Only the player in goal can touch the ball with their hands, and its a low contact game."

Dean felt bad for the girl, she looked like she was going absolutely crazy, stuck in that chair. The other students had split up and were talking amongst themselves, hopefully deciding on positions. He would give them a few more minutes of discussion time.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:07 am

((Ah, European football, gotcha. I wondered the same thing right after I made my post. XD I went back and edited it.))

Jim glanced back at Evaine, who seemed a little nervous about playing this sport. He didn't blame her. Most wizards didn't know the first thing about muggle sports. "The main point is to kick the ball into the other team's goal," he explained. "Technically, you're only supposed to touch the ball with your feet, but my mom's told me about players that hit the ball with their heads, so I'm not sure about that rule. Sounds too hard anyway. I'd probably just end up hitting the ball with my face instead." He gave a little chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm

"Wish I could just skewer my eye with a toothpick right now, actually," muttered Brie, nodding almost lifelessly as she wheeled herself over to an empty spot on the fild so she had a clearer view. She loved the nature surrounding the Pitch -- the trees, the water. Everything about it just sang peace and tranquility, and that's what she needed.

Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:30 pm

(( Okay so UK football got it <33 and sorry my post are short and I'm not on .. damn back D: ))

Evaine rolled her eyes at Jim's last comment then playfully punch his shoulder "You and your always thinking the worst of things Jim." she said flashing a smile at him. "I just hope, I don't mess things up." she rubbed her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:32 am

Nani walked in the pitch following the class and the teacher.. Football? she raised an eyebrow watching the ball in the teacher's hands.. She was nervous, she played it only a few times in Hawaii with his brother and his friends, he was good at Muggle's sports, she was good only at surfing since it was like fly..

When the teacher said the team she blinked at them and came near them.. two Ravenclaws and the little girl of Hufflepuff.. "Well.." she started.. "Someone of you have already played football?" she asked at them trying to help to form a sort of team.. "I've played when I was little.." she added to clarify her knowledge about the game..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:50 am

Todd glanced over at Nani and nodded curtly. "Me and my brothers used to play it a bit," he murmured. Though he'd never been fond of the sports, it had been something to do over the summer. "I mean, I guess I know the basic rules tan's all. Doesn't mean I'm particularly good at it..." He actually wasn't sure how he'd do. Any time he played it before, he was a child. Being the youngest, his brothers had most likely gone easy on him the majority of the games. "You can't touch the ball with your hand - feet or head only. Gotta aim to get it into our goal. Plenty simple, really."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:07 am

"That's a start.." Nani smiled at him.. "At least you know the rules.. Favorite role?" she asked at him trying to relax the ambience.. "Anybody else?" she asked at the others smiling.. "And I played football with my brother too!" she winked at him just to prove that her level wasn't really good..
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:21 am

Emily felt a little more comfortable, and she started smiling shyly thinking that for the first time in Hogwarts she could feel a little ''normal''. She liestened to the ravenclaw boy, and nodded with her head, then she listened to Nani, and she felt comfortable enough to speak.

''I-I played a few times, just me and daddy... But I know the rules, and watched it sometimes on the TV... And I think I could play on the strike, since I'm small, and a little flexible, I could pass the other easily'' She stated, and hold her hands on her back, smiling sheepish at the others.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:01 am

Nani smiled at the young girl.. "Good!" she patted on her shoulder.. "We have a strike!" she said proudly.. "We need a goalkeeper, one in defense and maybe another strike.." she considered counting on her fingers..

She was exalted, teh team was growing up and everybody seemed interesting in it.. In the end was like Quidditch ..somewhere.. She chuckled.. "I'll pick the last role!"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:23 am

"Oh come on Eva, you'll be fine," Jim said, nudging her slightly with his arm. "Besides, it's not like we're playing for the Quidditch cup or anything. It's just for a class. At least we're against friends who we know won't pummel us to the ground or anything." Of course, being trampled was the least of Jim's worries. Nani's Quidditch experience would probably come in handy during this game, and Emily was small enough to dodge between the bigger kids if she wanted to. He could see them talking to Todd not too far away. No doubt he was trying to organize them to benefit their team the most. "So...any suggestions on how we should organize ourselves?" he asked Evaine and Margaret. "Since there's only three of us, we'll have to have one person as the goalie while the other two fight over the ball with the others, I suppose." He gave a little laugh.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:09 am

Evaine playfully stuck her tongue out at Jim after he nudge her, laughing she flicked his nose "I know it's just class and not Quidditch but i can't help it when i think negative." she gave Jim a soft smile before twirling around. Eva wished Todd was on there side but no matter it sounds like this was going to be fun "So...any suggestions on how we should organize ourselves?" Jim asked, "I'll be goalie!: Evaine said raising her hand up in the air "besides Jim your fast enough to fight over the ball." she winked at him then looked at Maggie "That's if Maggie is alright if I be goalie?
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Todd smirked slightly; at least everyone seemed into the game. It would make it a lot easier to get organized and all that way. "I suppose I'll be goalkeeper?" he suggested. "It's the one spot I don't, y'know, totally suck at." He glanced around at the other team. A bit of competitiveness had entered his system, and he was rather excited to start the game. He hadn't exactly expected himself to he so enthusiastic. It would make this more enjoyable, at least. He glanced at his teammates and grinned. "Let's hope they're the more terrible of the two teams," he muttered to himself as he looked back over at their opponents. Not that he really cared who won; the competition just felt refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:50 am

Nani smiled at him.. "Great!" she chuckled.. "I'm sure we'll be great during the match!" she winked at them..They were almost ready to start and that made Nani really excited.. She rubbed her hands giggling at the idea of the match.. "Good, good.." she giggled to herself.. She liked to rival with other people and maybe win..
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

“Is everyone ready?” Dean called from the center of the field. He waited for the students to join before setting the ball on the ground.

“This is just for fun, but I will be watching so remember, NO contact.”

With that he stepped away from the checkered ball and let the students start.

((OOC: If everyone is cool with it, I’m just going to end the class with a quick description of the game. I just want to make sure that nobody had their hearts set on playing it out.))
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:20 am

OOC: I'm cool, if only you includes Emily making one goal! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:21 am

OOC: That's fine with me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}    Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}  Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Studies Class One Continued {Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next