Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts

Go down 
+6
Molly Starkey
Brieanne Devereaux
Jim Hawkins
Evaine Moonblood
Emily Castle
Alliss Rivera
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:34 pm

(( XDDD she's not his fiance XDD Brie is XDDD))

Zuko chuckled as the slightly geeky young man tripped on his words, giving a gentle smile he waved a hand "Dude, your fine. I was just curious what you needed"
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:44 pm

(yeah I know, that's who I meant for Molly to be looking at (though I suppose I didn't really specify. xD))

Molly continued to smile, but honestly tried not to let the laugh that was bubbling up in her throat out; she didn't want to really embarrass Jim any further. Her smile grew into a toothy grin, showing off her pearly whites - not as threatening now as they were in her little yapping dog form. "Aw, well that's good to hear. If any one gives you trouble, just point 'em in my direction. I'll give 'em hell for you, Sleepy!" She paused for a moment before continuing.

"Zuko look, I think I have a little fan club," Molly teased a bit, sticking her tongue out and giving a slight chuckle. "No, but are you guys into Quidditch?" She asked; she always enjoyed talking to fellow Quidditch fans - whether they played or not didn't matter, though she would probably urge them to get on the broom and try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Hiccup said with a smile as he wrote down a tip on the Boggart, "Hey Zuko. Need help with Care of Magical Creatures again?" Hiccup finally wrote the last piece of info he needed on the Boggart and said with a smile, "Man that Boggart must be five years old considering it's been shaking alot in the wardrobe. The more it shakes, the older the Boggart is." Hiccup said with a slight smile, "I'm into Quidditch but I prefer to ride dragons than broomsticks."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Still leaning over Jim Eva giggled that he was tripping over his words 'it's cute when he does it.' "Hello my name is Evaine Moonblood, Nice to meet you Jim's told me some what about you, it's a pleasure meeting an Quidditch Chaser. " she said, smiling. Molly looked very pretty and she seemed nice for what she could tell about her, Eva blinked looked at the boy 'huh he almost looks like Holli a little.' she shrugged it off "Yeah I'm into Quidditch but silly thing is that I'm scared to get on a broomstick.." she rubbed the back of her head. "Dragons!" her eyes sparkled at that word, jumping over Jim she ran over towards the young boy "Did you say dragon?!"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Jim gave a mental sigh of relief. It looked like he hadn't pissed off Molly's friend. He considered that an accomplishment. He nodded at Molly. "Yeah. The matches here are pretty cool. And intense, too. It's kinda nice to get excited over that instead of worrying about homework." And of course, most of the players themselves were pretty cool too, with their skill, agility, the ability to spot the Golden Snitch a mile away.

He glanced at the other boy. "You ride dragons? Seriously? I thought they tended to be vicious and eat people at a moment's notice. Or is that just something that old wizards say to keep us away from them?" He laughed a little as Evaine hopped over to the boy in a flash. Maybe she really liked dragons? It certainly seemed that way from the look on her face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Moses shivered a little at Causer's description of his fear. "Mio dio (my god)" he said with a shake of his head. At the other's question, he chuckled a little. "Who's to say? It is supposed to be our greatest fear. It can make anyone seemed... how you say... screwed up?" Moses titled his head to the side. The Italian frowned when his hands were slapped,a small glare forming. That could be considered a breech in treaty. he thought before defiantly rubbing hands again with a smirk. Let's see how you like that. he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Zuko chuckled at the young man with the pony tail, waving to him and his companion "Hey, Name's Zuko." blinking at Molly her burst out into laughter "Oh it won't last, theyll figure out what a psycho you are eventually." he laughed sticking his tongue out playfully before blinking once hearing Hiccup, turning to him and grinning in relief, clasping his own hands together and bowing his head in relief "Thaaaaaannnkkkk you Hiccup, I will OWE you big time!!" he chuckled with a sheepish smile, always greatful for the boys assistance.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Boggart? Molly's eyes wandered to the front of the class where there stood a wardrobe, shaking rather violently. Why had she not noticed it before. She was slightly relieved that her face hadn't exactly paled. She was afraid as to what the Boggart would take form of in front of her. She feared many things, but none of them seemed to be physical objects. She was just hoping it wouldn't be what she had a feeling it might be.

Shaking her head, she looked at the younger boy - another Hufflepuff by the looks of it - and smiled. "Oh yeah? Dragons, huh? That's quite impressive for a young one like you - actually, kind of impressive for anyone, really." Molly mused. She had never seen a dragon up close, but she could imagine that it was magnificent.

"Really? Is it the heights?" Molly questioned the other ravenclaw girl, Evaine - the one not engaged to Zuko. "I know a few people like that." She glanced over at Jim. "Tell me about it; but Gryffindor is gonna win this year," Molly said cockily with an emphasized wink.

"I am not a psycho, Sparky!" Molly gasped, pressing her hand to her heart as if she had been incredibly offended. "How could you even suggest such a thing! YOU'RE SO MEAN!" Molly put her head in her hands and pretended to sob. She was quite the little actress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Hiccup said with a smile, "Dragon aren't dangerous and they get scared just like we do. My best buddy is a dragon and his name is Toothless." Hiccup then looked at Eva and said with a smile, "Yea I did say Dragon but I think Toothless is probably in the forbidden forest right now. He goes near lake to get some fish to eat." Hiccup chuckled and said as he looked at Zuko, "Yeah, after you saved my butt in Potions. I set your hair on fire and you didn't speak to me for a week."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Eva glanced back at Jim "That's what they all so say about wolfs, but not all poor creatures are mean. Some of them are kind." she said, Eva never believed what her parents or teachers said about the bad things creatures are or what they might do. Her eyes light up once again cupping her hands together, she smiles "Can i meet toothless sometime please but why is his name toothless?' Evaine asked with puppy dog eyes, she was like a kid in a candy store. Shocked back to her old self the ravenclaw turned her head looking over her shoulders at Molly "Yeah kinda, my sister pushed me off a broomstick when I was about ten. Been scared ever since." she sighed
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:24 pm

"Isn't that what every team says every year?" Jim asked Molly. Then he laughed. "Kidding, kidding. But I see your point. You guys were pretty good last year." He laughed again at Molly's dramatic acting. "Hey Zuko, maybe you should convince her to start a drama club," he joked. "She could be the leading prima donna."

He nodded at Hiccup. "Don't they say that about most animals, though? Kinda hard to believe that they're scared of us when we're five times less threatening than they are. Physically, at least. But I do see your point." He smiled at Evaine. "Eva, I had no idea you were so interested in dragons," he said. It looked like he learned something new about his friends every few minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Hiccup said with a smile as he looked at Eva, "You'll see when you meet him." Hiccup looked at Jim and said as he opened his own Care of Magical Creatures notebook, "I mostly live were there are alot of dragons and where I live dragons are friends. Sort of like a pact with them but they know where they stood there ground and only to defend themselves when they feel threaten. But what I want to do is make sure no living magical creature gets killed just because they say they're dangerous when they are only protecting themselves." Hiccup knew in his heart what he was going to do, maybe change the view of wizards and witches how magical creatures act. Hiccup said with a smile as he closed his notebook, "And Toothless is the first step towards my dream."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Evaine grinned at Jim, "Well there is a lot of things you don't know about me yet Jimmy-kins. For starters I have a pet tiger at home, I don't judge people and I always keep a secret even if it's very personal.." she smiled back at him "My Patronous is a Dragon, something about the creatures people say are bad interest me, I guess I'm weird." she giggled, hearing what the boy said she smiled with pride " That's so amazing, I love your dream count me in! We need to show people that not all creatures are bad like our parents tell us, they just need some kindness*winks* By the way my name is Evaine, nice to meet you." she said to the boy holding her hand out towards him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Hiccup shook Eva's hand and said with a smile, "Hiccup Wolfe." Hiccup was happy to found someone who understood him.
Back to top Go down
Akasha Wynters

Akasha Wynters

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:10 pm

((I'm so glad that I noticed this thread before class started, or else Akasha would've ben very late XD))

Akasha walked into the DADA classroom silently, her hood covering her face and her bag close at her side. She avoided the gazes of the other students as she made her way over to the darkest corner of the classroom, her footsteps soundless. Locating a good seat, she sat, and took out her books.

She was glad that she wasn't late for her first class of the school year, since that wouldn't have looked good on her record. And it would have been ridiculously irresponsible.

After she took out everything she would need, Akasha leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes, listening to the buzz of conversating students.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm

''Nice to meet you, Molly. I'm Emily'' She said joyful to the girl. Then she just observed everyone socializing with the two Gryfindor boys...even the tired boy, which Molly started calling Sleepy... And she couldn't help but smile when Hiccup came closer. She rested her elbow on his shoulder, and looked down to his notebook, and he offered to help on Care of Magical Creatures, and she smiled brightly hearing him speaking so passionately about his dream...

''You know you're a freaking nerd, don't cha Hic??'' She said joking to her friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:10 pm

'A Bogart?!' She looked at the closet, feeling a bit nervous. People would be seeing what the other was scared of. She started to think about what she should do with her fear.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Brie didn't say much at all for a while, being in too much of a trance to even notice how many people were in the room. She stood there in dilence, rubbing her arms, hoping that something would happen and class would be dismissed before it even started. She didn't know what was wrong with herself -- she had taken her medicine for anger when she first got up. 'Could just be a vibe,' she thought, smoothing out her knee-length dress again, a force of habit.

It was then that her engagement ring started glowing subtly, the girl immediately trying to rip it off. She looked around, tears welling up in her eyes as she spotted Zuko, and another Gryffindor girl beside him. They looked as if they were talking about her, and she froze. "What, are you telling her how I'm your stupid fiance and how stupid it is to be engaged by our guardians? Huh, Zuko?" she said, her sense of hostility and vulnerability showing through.

(OOC: I MISSED SO MUCH! ;x; In case anybody wanted to know, m'name is Deanna, aand I'll most likely go by this name on chat. XD just sayin. Haha c: )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 am

(Ooc: Wow, I'm so late!!!! affraid )

Don had been suprised not to find either Aurora nor Jason in the bedroom this morning. He had been looking for them a little before giving up and heading to DADA class. He knew Aurora was someone who could do mostly anything to get what she wanted but that was not her type to skip class. He walked by the classroom door and look around to see if she was not here.
She was not. Don frowned. He didn't really cared being late but Aurora's absence disturbed him. It was not normal and he started to fear for her, without being able to know exactly why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:23 am

( OOC: What shall I say? XD )

Lyn entered the classroom. She couldn't wake up her roommate this morning, so she decided to go on her own. Her view flew around and she searched for an empty place for herself. She found one a bit aside the others and walked to it. Jiquelyn sat down and layed her head on her hands, waiting for class to start.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 am

"Perhaps," Molly said to Jim with as smile, "But I've got a good feeling about it this year. We're gonna kick ass." She then snorted, picking her head up from her hands that she had pretended to sob into. "Of course I would be; I'd be the lead in everything, darling, we'd sell out every night, and I'd be a star!" Molly flourished her hands. She tried not to put too much emphasis on star, because she didn't want another one of her bad puns to show through - she was thinking how it played off of her last name; Starkey / star.

Molly turned her attention the the young Hufflepuff boy and smiled. He really seemed to enjoy his dragons - and so did Evaine apparently. There seemed to be a cute, innocent friendship bubbling there and so Molly turned back to the girl Hufflepuff she had met. She introduced herself as Emily. "It's very nice to meet you, Emily, even if you're working under Moses," Moll stuck her tongue out playfully.

Molly looked up and over at the girl that Zuko had pointed out earlier as his fiance. Perhaps she was as nice as Molly thought as she voice held a bit of hostility in it. She figured that this type of arrangement must be really painful and difficult, which is probably what had her lash out a bit at Zuko. Taking a small deep breath, Molly gave her a small smile before resting her hand gently on Zuko's shoulder. "Sorry hon," she said to the girl, "it was my fault. He was just clarifying it for me; no harm was meant and I deeply apologize." Molly told her. Of course it hadn't been the whole truth, but it was going to have to do. Molly decided the best way to deal with this is with niceness and if that didn't work, well, Molly really didn't want to get a detention the first day...
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 am

Evaine gave Hiccup a small smile before sitting back down next to Jim "you think I'm weird for what I believe in Jim?" she asked, biting her lip she looked at his blue eyes. Eva blinked for a moment before looking towards Brie, she never seen her act that way than again it's only been a day. 'I wonder if she's alright.' Eva thought, she looked at Zuko hearing Brie say fiance 'never mind.' she rubbed her arm not knowing if she should say something or stay out of it,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 am

Caleb eyes widened when a Bogart was mentioned , making him feel abit on edge. He knew what would come out that wardrobe for him , well he guessed. He looked nervously around the room hoping to be able to escape fron the lesson - there was no hope. He would have to be brave .
" Are you sure it's a Bogart? " He questioned helplessly.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:54 am

"Clarifying? For what?" Brie asked, her gaze hardening just a tad, "I don't go around telling people who my fiance is. I don't want to be pitied for being forced to do this, and I'm pretty damn sure Zuko doesn't either. But, Hell, I could be wrong," she said, biting her lip afterwards. She still was very sensitive towards being regarded as his fiance, yet she didn't want to come off as a mean person. Her feelings just got jumbled up sometimes.

"I just don't want everyone to know... our business," she said quietly, the air around her softening quite a bit, "That's all. All people should know is that I'm engaged, and so is he. I'm just trying to help him. Certain people don't need to know," she said, looking up at Molly, "It's okay.. but don't go around talking about it. We don't need people messing with us because one is engaged to the other.. you know?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 am

Evie eventually walked over to where Evaine had joined the overs after sorting out her bag.

" Hi " She smiled noticing some familiar faces and few she didn't seem to no. She tugged at her robes awkwardly as she realised she'd chosen a bad time to come over. She hoped she'd feel welcome instead of appearing rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next