Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts

Go down 
+6
Molly Starkey
Brieanne Devereaux
Jim Hawkins
Evaine Moonblood
Emily Castle
Alliss Rivera
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:34 am

Emily's mouth opened in surprise.... ''A real boggart???'' She exclamed as she curled next to him.... ''I've never believed that, even with the scariest stories my grandma told about about them hidden under your bed to grab your feet when you get up off the bed into the middle of night....'' She chuckled softly... ''What do you mean when no one knows his true form?? Isn't it supposed to be a monster???''

Last edited by Emily Castle on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:36 am

Carson strolled into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, not too early and not too late. Glancing up at Professor Rivera, he gave a little nod, then moved over to the edge of the room. There was already a circle of people chatting away in the middle, Hufflepuffs by the look of them. Grinning he dropped his bag next to an empty seat and sat on the desk, one foot on his chair, one tucked up underneath him.

Last year he would have come strolling in, welcoming all the first years and catching up with all the older years, but he just wasn't up to it right now. So he just sat and scanned the room. Already quite a few Hufflepuffs, a couple Gryffindors, and a Ravenclaw. They were going to have a full class this year. He grinned as the younger kids started chattering off about the Boggart. He wasn't really a fan of them, but Professor Rivera wouldn't put the students into any real danger, so...

Nonetheless, he turned his back to the quaking wardrobe in the corner. He'd rather not deal with a Boggart, if that is what their first class was going to be on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:43 am

Fionn shrugged. “mam always said it was a sort of fairy. The ones who helped make the earth, they were charged with the negative things. Anyway, over time they became so old they simply forgot what they looked like to begin with. But mam also said that if you found the true form of a boggart you could make them good and have their eternal loyalty. I heard once that their true form looked like the Northern Lights…”

he shrugged. “although that’s just muggle stories, so I doubt they’re very accurate. Of course, they’re Irish stories so they might be more accurate than most…the Irish do have a habit of getting some things right” he looked pensively at the wardrobe. The last thing he wanted was everyone seeing the thing that scared him the most. Not that they could replicate it easily, but still…although having them see what made him laugh wasn’t that bad…hmm… “are you a muggle born too, Emily? Fantastic! Where are you from?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:52 am

Aimee Sanders stumbled into the classroom, she had ran most of the way there, terrified on being late to the first class, but finally she had made it and relaxed. Clutching her books to her chest, she made her way into the room, the first thing she noted was that there were no chairs... never a good sign in a defence class. She wasn't all that great at defence practical. Sighing, she noticed Moses, Fionn and Maggie, her face lit up into a grin and she skipped over to stand by them.
"Hello Moses, Fionn, Maggie!" Aimee chortled as she approached them, noticing some others there with them whom she wasn't entirely familiar with. "And hello others!" She grinned.
It was then that she noticed the wardrobe, oh great. Boggarts. She cringed as she thought of her worst fear.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 am

Emily listened carefully to Fionn as she explaned about the buggarts according to the Irish, and she smiled sweetly to him, as he asked about her being a muggle born
''Yes, I am... I'm from a little village near Liverpool, altough mom is from America...'' She said a bit shyly, and kept smiling to the man.. Perhaps she could take easy on him with her first prank....

Then, she smiled brightly to the girl that came next to them... ''Good morning!''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am

“really? Carvahog for me” he said brightly. She lived right on the border of Ireland and England. Lucky her. “you’re mom’s American? That must be fun” he gave her a smile and grinned at Aimee. “hey! Good to see you love! How have you been doing? Since the train ride?”
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 am

Jim cautiously poked his head in, then sighed in relief. It looked like he wasn't late yet. He and Bri had taken separate paths to get to class and it looked like he had gotten here first. He hoped she was okay and not brought down by any bad thoughts about her arranged marriage. He looked around for a familiar face and quickly spotted Evaine. Although he did notice Fionn there as well. Hoping he could escape his notice for the time being, he quickly made his way over to Evaine, sitting down beside her. "Hey Eva," he said, smiling. "Any idea what we're doing today? Hope it's nothing too physically demanding. I feel beaten already coming down all those stairs." He gave a little laugh.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 am

Evaine giggled, hugging Evie in return "Im great, I made three new friends." she smiled "How you been, last time I saw you we was on the carriage." Eva laughed, rubbing her index finger against her nose
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am

Brieanne slipped into the classroom, seemingly oblivious to all the chatter. Her eyes immediately went to the shaking wardrobe, and she bit her lip as her mind pondered as to what could be in there. She shuffled to the wall parallel to the wardrobe, smoothing out her dress again.

She noticed that there were countless Hufflepuffs in the room, and they all seemingly knew each other. She reminded herself to go mingle once she felt comfortable, but Brie decided to sit in her shell for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am

Evaine bit her lip "I don't know yet , can't really year with the first year students, and other people talking so load." she laughed "I was scared that you and brie got lost, speaking of brie where is she?" she asked looking at Jim concerned about Brie "I know she has lots of things on her mind but I kinda worry about her being alone." sighing Eva laid her head on Jim's shoulder " Oh Jim this is Evie." she said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am

Maggie heard Aimee come in, her face lit up more. "Aimes!!! Good to see you!!" She said as she hugged her. "Do you know what we are doing today?" She asked whispering to her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

''Yes, she is... And dad is from here, so he brought her to live here...'' She said to Fionn, and then turned to Hic taking his notes... He was kinda of a nerd, and that would be useful on the tests.... Then she looked around in the room, seeing new faces around... A boy caught her curiosity, he looked tired, and Emily wondered why left him like that.... Then she started staring him, trying to figure it out what could it be....

Last edited by Emily Castle on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 am

Jim looked up when he heard the classroom door open again and lo and behold, there was Brieanna. It looked like Evaine was talking to some other girl at the moment, so Jim started waving his hand to get Brieanne's attention. "Bri! Over here!" She looked nervous, like she felt out of place, and Jim hoped she would get more comfortable sitting with people she knew, like him and Evaine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:24 am

Fionn grinned. ‘that’s awesome!” he looked over at the new students in the room and narrowed his eyes slightly at Jim Hawkins. He’d deal with the kid later. He looked back to Aimee and Maggie and grinned. “hey, Aimee, I heard we were going against a Boggart today, what’s your opinion on that?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am

Pippa sat back, simply listening to the different conversations around the room, and looked with interest at Jim and Brie. Seeing that Emily was occupied, the redhead jumped up and bounced over to the two, smiling brightly. “HI! I’m Pippa Filch. You guys excited? We’re going against a boggart today!” she giggled and looked at them. “who’re you guys?”
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

Jim noticed the younger girl coming over to approach them, and he prayed to God that he wouldn't look too weird. The last thing he needed was for the first years along with the majority of the student population to think he was a creep. "Um...hey there," he said, giving a little wave. "Pippa Filch?" He remembered Fionn mentioning that Filch's daughter would be attending school this year. "Oh, yeah, yeah. Um...I'm Jim. Hawkins." His eyes widened for a moment. "Wait, a boggart? Isn't that the monster that turns into whatever you're afraid of most?" He wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Seeing a person's fears revealed a lot about them. and Jim had a pretty good idea on what his fear would be.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:44 am

Bri made her way over to Jim and Evaine, casting her gaze over to the side, "Guess you're faster than I am," she said, folding her arms around her stomach. She didn't know what it was about that wardrobe, but she was severely dreading having to deal with whatever was in there. She didn't want it to be a Boggart. If it was a Boggart, and rumour said so, she would have to deal with being ridiculed for being afraid of Hippogriffs.

..and she didn't want that.

"Hi.." she said quietly, looking at the small Hufflepuff student whose name was Pippa, "I'm Brieanne.. nice to meet you, dear. You're really enthusiastic.. that's a nice trait. I'm guessing you're excited about starting classes?"
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 am

Evine turned her head smiling at Brie, she decided to let Jim talk as she tried blocking the first year students voice. She never had a problem with kids screaming, hyper, talkative ways before but Eva wasn't feeling like herself at the moment." "daddy.." she mumbled going into deep thinking, taking out a piece of paper from her drawing book and a pen. Eva began to draw flowers alive and dead, her father's face, and a lake, mostly she started drawing anything that popped in her mind. Evaine over heard Jim's and Pippalene's talk, breaking her pen Eva wanted to get out of the class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 am

[[ x-x may late bird Zuko poke in? ]]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 am

((XDD Only if Carson can talk to him!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 am

“oh! Hi to both of you” Pippa smiled happily. “yea, well, I didn’t think I’d be allowed since, you know, dad’s a squib and all? And squibs aren’t liked. And he’s not really popular around here” she smiled and rubbed the back of her neck. “I guess people think I’ll be like him…? But yes! I’m really excited about this class, cuz I know I’ve got fears, but I dunno what I’m afraid of most” she beamed at them. “I know what my funny thing will be though. Mrs. Norris in the clown outfit I made her wear when I was three” she giggled. “I’ve got a picture of her in it and everything and boy does she look silly! And mad. Yea, she really clawed my hands up over that one” Pippa bounced on her heels and looked from one to the other. “you guys look like you’re going to pass out. You going to be ok during the class? I could always ask the teacher if she can let you guys stay with dad during the lesson…”
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:07 am

"Huh? Oh no, no, we're fine," Jim hurriedly assured Pippa. "Just...first day nerves, you know?" He hoped that would be a good enough excuse. Pippa seemed awfully cheerful mentioning that her dad was a squib and that people thought she might turn out like him. "You seem kind of the opposite of him right now," Jim said. "I don't think I've ever seen him smile or look excited, except when he's managed to land a prankster in detention."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 am

'Guess i can try facing my fear sometime.' Evaine thought crumpling up her drawing before laying her head over her hands "I rather be flying than facing a Boggart." she mumbled her greatest fear was watching her father be killed, she didn't want to go threw that again 'I got Brie and Jim so i shouldn't be so worried.' "Are you alright Jim?, Brie?" she asked not bothering to lift her head up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:34 am

"I think I'm like him, but I've never seen him around the students before. he and I have the same sense of humor" she giggled. "yea, he really hates troublemakers. it's cuz you guys all have the ability to learn magic and really be a part of the magic community, and he can't. it really bugs him" she shrugged. "he's always said you guys take it for granted" she looked at the girl with her head on the table. "I think the better question would be are you alright" she told her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 am

Emily saw Pippa walking down to the boy who looked tired. Then she turned her gaze to Hic again, and after class she'll ask Pippa what was the problem with that boy.
Man, Hiccup could be so boring taking all that notes, and he didn't even look at her... She turned around, and pouted, bored. Moses and everybody and talking, and Emily felt kinda of lonely...
The wardrobe moved again, and she got very curious. She walked next to it, and looked the around. The wardrobe shook violently again, and once it stopped, she came closer, trying to listen of there was any noise in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts   First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Class of the Year: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next