Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] Empty
PostSubject: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:17 am

Jessica read through the letter in her hands over and over again, ignoring the impatient shrieks of the orphanage's owl Tribbles. What with her being the eldest child in the orphanage, Madame Ginnithrift had wanted a letter just to affirm that everything was alright and that other children in younger year groups had arrived safely. Tribbles nipped the corner of the letter to urge her forward.

"I really hate you, you know?" Jessica snapped at the owl who only looked smug at the acknowledgement of his efforts. With a sigh, Jessica gave in to Tribbles' demands and folded the letter back into an envelope, sure that Madame Ginnithrift would be satisfied with the information given. "And don't bother me again," she ordered as the finished tying the letter to Tribbles' foot and gave him a gentle push until he flew out the window.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:16 am

((Hi! ^^))

Nani was walking into the Owlery.. even if she didn't have an owl ,she liked to go there and watch the landscape.. so different from the one she could see at her home.. Her thoughts were interrupted by the verses of owls from the tower ,while she saw an owl flew out from a window.. "Someone is already there.."

She came in and looked around ,she jumped as soon as she saw that there was already a girl in.. She smiled to her and walked to the window..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:31 am

[[Hey ^_^]]

Jessica whipped her head round when she heard a new presence in the room. She recognised her vaguely as a Hufflepuff, which would explain why they hadn't spoken previously. The girl smiled at her before walking towards the window, just looking out of it to survey the landscape. Jessica was unsure of how to proceed, feeling as if it would be rude to simply walk away.

"You're... you're that girl on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, right?" Jessica asked, thinking of any topic she could.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:41 am

Nani turned to her but she opened her eyes watching her face, she didn't notice it first! Nani swallowed and trying to hide her surprise she smiled at her..

"Y-yes.. " she smiled giving her hand.. "I'm Nani.. Chaser in the Hufflepuff team!" she smiled a little proud.. In the end why shouldn't she be happy of her role?! "You're a Gryffindor.. right?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:45 am

It didn't escape Jessica's notice that the girl was surprised to see her face. Probably should have brought my scarf up again. At least she didn't stare for long. Jessica smiled a bit.

"Oh, yes, I remember now. You're really quite good." It was a generic statement but the manner in which the girl's smile brightened made it clear that the statement was well appreciated. "Yeah, I'm in Gryffindor. Name's Jessica."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:44 am

Nani smiled at her.. hopefully she didn't notice her face.. or at least is what she thought..
She looked out of the window and pointed at the owl that now was really far from them.. "Is yours the owl that flew before?" she asked curious.. "I've never had an owl.." she smiled embarrassed.. She didn't even know why she was embarrassed of that but she couldn't help but blush..
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:47 am

Jessica snorted at the idea. To have enough money to keep an owl was one thing, but Tribbles was a viscious little creature that she hadn't much patience for.

"No, it belongs to the orphanage. My orphanage, that is. I was meant to send a letter the other day actually but kept putting it off." Jessica looked again at the girl who seemed quite interested in the scenery. "If you don't have an owl, what are you doing up here?"
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:07 am

Nani blinked at the girl.. in effect that was a due question.. "I-I just watch the scenary!" she laughed scratching her head.. "This is the perfect place to see it!" pointing at the window.. "And I like to hear the cry of owls!"

She felt really stupid.. her question probably annoied Jessica.. She cleared her throat and bited her thumb.. "Well.. " she didn't know how to continue the conversation.. loquacity wasn't her best quality..
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:20 am

"You're absolutely mad, I can't think of anything worse than an owl screeching," Jessica said with a shudder. She saw that she seemed embarrassed, though, and smiled assuredly as she continued. "Dunno why you'd settle for a view up here. I thought you'd be able to see for absolutely miles on your broom?"
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:28 am

Nani blinked at her.. the owl's cry was a noise that was so funny to hear! She giggled all the time she heard one.. it was so different form the birds that were in the Hawaii.. She smiled a little amused by her reaction but hide it.. "Yes.. I can see it from my broomstick.. but I like to.. to go!" she laughed.. "I don't know if you understand what I mean.. It's just that when I fly I don't stop! I just go!" she laughed moving her hands to mimic the speed of her broomstick...
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:54 am

Jessica could not help but arch an eyebrow at her exciteable behaviour, but it was more out of surprise than any of her usual derision. It was nice to see someone who could get so excited about something.

"I've never really tried out flying," Jessica confessed, deciding it was the best subject to direct the conversation to. "The lessons in the first year were always a bit dull."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:56 am

Nani nodded.. "Yes.." she smiled.. "In effect those lessons were really boring.. especially when you.. well.. I.. I was waiting to start with the action!" she laughed thinking at her first lesson.. "Even if my firts time in the real action wasn't the best!"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:02 am

"Action on a broom always leads to a broken bone, by the looks of it," Jessica said with a shudder. Even the classes had led to enough sprained wrists and broken toes to last a life time. "What happened to you in the real action?"
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:22 am

Nani chunckled.. "It was my first Quidditch match!" she preferred to underline it.. you never know what people could think.. "I was in the team for a month.. and that was the real first match.." she paused just to watch her expression, to see if she was still intereste.. She breathed and contined, hoping to not bore her.. "Well.. during the match three bludgers hit me!" she laughed scratching her head.. "Five days in the infirmary!"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:36 am

Jessica's eyebrows raised alarmedly upon hearing this. Three bludgers? Just one of those things was enough to put her off setting foot on the Quidditch Pitch let alone actually playing the game.

"And you went back on the pitch?" she choked in disbelief
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:50 am

"Yes!" she said quiet, like it was a natural thing.. "Why shouldn't I go?!" she smiled.. "Nothing can stop me!" she laughed pretending to flex her muscles..
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:53 am

"Well I can see that," Jessica laughed, shaking her head. All that determination... how was this girl not a Gryffindor again? "I guess you've learnt to avoid the bludgers by now at least?"
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:05 am

"Yes! After five years I finally manage it!" Nani laughed.. It was a hard work, but she did it.. "Yes.." she smiled.. "Do you like fly?" she was curious to know something else about this Jessica without asking directly..
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:08 am

"I like watching it, if that counts," Jessica replied, thinking for a moment. "If that. I guess Quidditch is fun to watch, but I can't help but get a bit of a vicarious ache watching people get hit by bludgers."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:16 am

Nani laughed.. "Mmmh.. I don't think that can count!" she paused smiling.. "But.. I can give you a point! It's fun to watch.." she nodded giggling.. " ..and participate in the pain of the players is good!" she winked at her..

"But I guess this isn't your favourite sport.." she laughed softly looking at her.. "What.. what do you like to do the most?!"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:48 am

Jessica thought for a moment. Hobbys had never been a particular worry and hadn't cropped up much in conversation before.

"I dunno... I just sort of study most of the time. Haven't really got any favourite activities." As she said it, Jessica suddenly realised how depressing a thought that was. Perhaps she really did need a hobby...
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:58 am

((Sorry if I reply only now! >.< I was busy with school! ^\\\^))

Nani blinked.. "Really?!" It was strange that she didn't have any kind of occupation in her free time.. "H-how can this.. I mean why?" maybe she was too much curious and annoying so Nani bited her lips after talking.. "I don't want to be a meddler!" she quicken said.. "If you don't want to reply.. I-I can understand.." she smiled..
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:08 am

[[D= I know what you mean, I've not made a YouTube video in aaaaaages because of school work, so distracting >.<]]

Jessica tilted her head at the flustered reaction to her dismissal of hobbies. Perhaps it was more embarrassing than she originally thought to be so boring.

"I guess I just didn't have much of a chancce to do anything other than study," she said with a shrug. "It's not that big a deal. I think. Just means I won't have to work as hard later on, I hope."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:27 pm

((I'm happy to find a kindred soul! XD At least I am not alone! XD School takes away almost all my free time! DX))

Nani smiled.. "Yeah.. maybe you're right.. But.." she paused looking at her.. "But after school what do you think you'll do? I mean.." she smiled biting her thumb.. "..you won't study lifelong!"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:35 pm

[[It really sucks >.< Come June 1st though I've got a nice mega long holiday practically, will only have one more exam to study for and then it's FREEDOM]]

"You know what they say, you never stop learning," Jessica said. "So I guess you should never stop studying either?" She paused for a moment, thinking. "I don't know what I'm gonna do, actually. Might become an Auror. I dunno. As long as it's something big, I don't really care."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]   Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]] Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters Home [[Tag- Anyone]]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next