Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] Empty
PostSubject: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

(PLEASE NOTE: In this thread, Brieanne hasn't been to school in a little over a week. She didn't tell anyone where she was going or why, so if you wanna find her and see what her home life is like, be my guest (: The picture I used for the Devereaux estate is Tryon Palace, and it's actually 15 minutes away from where I live ;D)

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Brieanne sat outside in the estate gardens, playing her violin quite solemnly. Her father had forbidden her to leave the grounds on account of business, and so she obeyed. She was feeling strangely sick lately, and her father wasn't sympathetic by any means. She still did everything around the house, plus cleaning her own bloodstains from certain incidents, and it was wearing on her. Not once did she complain.. she knew better than that.

She missed her friends, but she didn't feel like trying to go back. He wanted her here to expose her to evil, and it had been happening every night until the break of dawn. Dozens of handsomely clad Death Eaters and their prisoners would make their way to the estate, cackling and screaming ensuing from their poor victims. It was like the New Year's Ball, just masked.. and even more heartwrenching. Brieanne was forced to be the hostess of the event, dressed to the nines for bloodshed. It was all becoming common for her, watching people be brutally killed, their corpses burned in her own fireplace.. and she couldn't do a thing about it.

This night, though.. she just sat outside, strumming notes on her violin, watching the lit candles grace the grounds that she knew would never cleanse themselves. The light illuminated her face and the elaborate red dress she had picked out, it defining the slight bump that was her stomach.

Last edited by Brieanne Devereaux on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 am

Todd had opted to walk instead of using a broom or something to get to Brie's house. He liked going through Hogsmeade, and a broomstick required too much balance. Brieanne had said she lived near the school, but he hadn't imagined that such a huge house could be in Hogsmeade. He became less sure as he approached the mansion that it was a good idea, but he needed to know if she was alright and he wouldn't be getting anything out of Eva or Jim.

He spotted her, finally, playing some kind of string instrument - he couldn't tell what kind from this distance - and dressed in red. "Oi," he called, jogging over in his coat. She seemed to have gained a little weight the past few days, but for some reason it only seemed evident in her stomach. "Where've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:13 am

Brieanne dropped her bow from fright as Todd's voice reached her ears. "..Places," she answered, a shocked look on her face, "Look, Todd.. it's great to see you and all, but my father has bunches of Death Eaters in the foyer. It's not safe.. that's why I didn't say anything about where I was going.. I didn't want any of you to come." She looked up at the top right window, the bulky shadows standing in a row around the lanky figure that was her father. She sat on a marble bench, putting her violin in her lap, "But.. they won't know you're here unless I go inside.. and I'm not."

She looked at the flowers surrounding them, then looked back up at his face, "Won't you get in trouble for being out so late?"
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:51 am

Todd followed her gaze to the windows of the mansion; the size of the place was still shocking to him. He could make out silhouettes moving in one of the upper floors and a chill ran up his spine when he realized they must be Death Eaters. Wouldn't they get a kick out of a half-blood like him?

"I don't think I'll be in too much trouble," he replied, studying her face in concern. "The teachers are all still feeling pretty festive, so they probably won't even know I'm gone. I just...had to check on you. Are you okay?" Every time he asked that question he knew it was a stupid one, but it felt mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 am

Brieanne bit her lip, her eyes floating down to her lap, "I, um.." she started, wringing her hands together, "I've been alright. Had a couple of sick spells, but.. I think I know why," she finished quickly, running a hand through her hair.

Why was it that every time she saw Todd, she felt the urge to just jump up and kiss him? It wasn't like she had permission to.. but she felt like she had every right.. and that wasn't the case. "I'm perfectly fine. I mean, I have to be, right?" she said, casting him a smile, "So.. have you talked to Penelope anymore? She seems like such a sweetheart."

She didn't know why she mentioned Penny, but it just came out.. and it felt weird, saying her name. She wasn't evidently jealous, but she wasn't approving either.. she was just neutral. Brie really did think Penny was splendid, but there was always that one part of her that was mad as hell that she was back.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:33 am

Todd managed to smile at her. Brie was trying to be strong; she was good at that. He felt a pang in his chestwhen she mentioned Penny. "Ah, not since the ball, no. Been trying to catch up on my sleep - turns out staying up until four AM all Christmas break playing Guitar Hero isn't the best way to prepare for school - so I haven't been talking to much of anyone," he murmured, realizing too late that she might not know what Guitar Hero was, living in the wizarding world and all. "I hope whatever's making you sick stops soon. It'd be nice to have you back at school, you know." Of course, it wasn't exactly her choice to stay here, what with her uncle being a sadistic jackass and all."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:46 am

Brieanne looked at him oddly as he mentioned Guitar Hero, the name sounding oddly familiar to her. "..Oh! Is that the little rockstar game with all the pretty colored buttons on it? One of my other friends kept talking to me about it.. it sounds kinda odd."

She wringed her hands together once more as Todd said something about school, looking back up at the window again, "Well, um.. I don't know if I can go back, to be honest," said Brie quite calmly, looking at Todd, "I don't know if I'm right or not, but.. the sickness isn't gonna go away. It's been here for three months.. and Father said it's gonna stay for another six, but I don't know how.." She was really hoping he got the message just by the little hints she had woven into that sentence. God forbid she actually had to come out and say it..
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm

"Yeah, it's really cool. I waste a whole lot of perfectly good time that way," Todd replied, bobbing his head slightly.

His eyes widened. No, she couldn't mean - no. Because he knew would have happened to her for that to be possible and...no. "Brie..." he breathed, shaking his head. "A-are you sure? N-no, I..." He trailed off, at an absolute loss for what to say next. Should he say he was sorry about it? This was a human being in her. Could he be sorry for a baby's life? No, but he could be sorry about what happened to her. Sorry and so, so angry. All the could think was, He's not going to get this one, then.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Brie sat there for a while, feeling as if she was just a statue in that very space for just a few moments. There were times that she didn't even think she was breathing, and yet she found herself still alive. When her father told her that she was with child again, that was one of those moments.. those moments where she wished she had someone to just hold her, someone who wouldn't dare to hurt her. That strong, badass girl that everyone met during the first half of school? She was long gone.

"You know, Todd," she started, looking back up at him with a half smile on her face, "This is all becoming a part of my regular life. It's not.. uncommon, or unexpected.. I just brace for the worst and roll with it now. That's how I have to be.. roll with the punches, take whatever life throws at me. Just gotta accept the fact that my life's never gonna be at least half-normal. I'm always going to have something in my way, something hurting me, something.. I can't get over."

She sighed, shrugging her shoulders, "It's not anything bad, but I just need to tell you one thing before you decide to leave. Okay? Until then.. don't feel sorry for me. I've had enough of that.. and you don't need to spend your time worrying about me. You have your own things to think about."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Todd moved to sit beside her, brow furrowed in worry. "It shouldn't, though..." he murmured, shaking his head. "It shouldn't be a 'normal part of your life'. You don't deserve what he does to you or...any of it." He pursed his lips, letting out a long sigh. "Worrying about you has become one of the things I'm best at. Can't quit now, can I?" Besides, his problems seemed dwarfed in comparison to hers.

His eyes flicked back to the silhouettes in the windows and felt a rage bubble up in him. He wanted to march in there and punish them for what had happened to Brie, but he knew that scenario would always end in his being tortured by the Death Eaters, at the very least. He turned back to her, features softening slightly. "What'd you need to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 pm

"It shouldn't be, I know, but there's plenty more people dealing with the same, if worse, things.. just to keep everyone else safe," said she, her entire body feeling weak as she prepared for what she was about to say.

Her mind was telling her not to do it. Nothing she felt needed to escape the labyrinth that was her heart, but she wouldn't listen. She was stubborn, broken, and all she wanted was relief.. but she knew she wouldn't get it with the words that were going to come out of her mouth. Brieanne looked Todd in the eyes, her own filling with unstoppable tears as she parted her lips.

"I don't know what to do with these.. feelings," said Brie, her voice shuddering with every syllable, "I feel like some type of whore or.. homewrecker, or.. just someone horrid. I just.. I just can't handle holding it in any longer. It hurts so bad, knowing I have these feelings and.. they're not necessarily returned."

She breathed in deeply, her facial expression turning into a pitiful teary one. There was this terrible feeling in her gut.. this nervous, hurting, heartwrenching feeling.. and she just wanted it to be over with so it could go away. "I can't keep acting like I really don't care about you, because I do. I care a lot. Enough to just.. I don't know, dammit!"

Her words caught up with her, and the tears fell, her eyes still locked on Todd's, "I don't care about anyone else like I do you. Not even Evaine or Jim.. I just, I just freaking love you, Todd. I love you.. And I know, I KNOW it's not gonna work, but I honestly can't deal with it. Seeing you everyday, wishing I could just.. fucking kiss you and everything would be okay.. but it's not. I understand that.. but I just can't lie to myself about this anymore."

She bit her thumb, breaking the gaze that she had going to wipe her face, trying to compose her racing heart.

Why did she like to hurt herself so?

(I think my feeling box broke. No more feelings for Deanna aka me~)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 am

Todd stared at her for a moment, letting everything sink in. She loved him? He had to stand, suddenly, his emotions too much to handle sitting down. He paced in a tight circle, lips pursed and trying hard to meet her eyes. "I...shit, Brie," he murmured, a tiny bit of panic shooting through him.

To say he had no feelings whatsoever for her would be a lie, so he could never say that. But...there was always that hanging over his mind, clouding his thoughts even now. He could still vividly remember being with Penny, remember kissing her - of course, there had been that kiss with Brie, hadn't there? He'd been perfectly content to just wait for Penelope to remember loving him, but no, of course everything would complicate itself, force everyone's feelings into a tangled mass of heartache.

"I just...I told you I can't guarantee anything," he managed at last, voice cracking slightly as a wave of emotion crashed over him. "I don't...I don't want to do this to you, and I probably sound so stupid and selfish because I do have feelings for you, but I just...damn."

He had absolutely no idea what to do. His heart was being stubborn and he knew it. He sat down beside her again, feeling exhausted suddenly and forcing himself to meet her gaze. "I don't know what to do, Brie. I don't want to do anything that'll make your life suck more, but I have no freaking idea how to feel about...everything. Tell me what to do, because I have no idea."
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:04 am

"I know you said it. I know, I know, I know.." Brie said quietly, looking at the strings on her violin she still had in her lap, "You don't have to do anything. This is just me letting go of stuff.. and I.. ugh fuck I can't DO THIS--"

In a swift motion, She wrapped her fingers around the instrument she was just playing not so long ago, feeling the cool wood against her hand before flinging it as far as she could, watching it snap in half. "No, no, fuck it. If anyone's being selfish right now, it's me. I wanna be all sentimental and just tell you to not even care about my feelings, but I've been doing that for too damn long. You know how hard it was to stand there in that pretty gown, acting like I was actually happy, watching you light up over her that night? I've been sitting here for the longest time masking my emotions, ignoring what I really want, hurting myself mentally.. and I'm literally. About. To lose my damn mind just from not having you."

The fierceness and unadulterated pain that was in her voice could have been enough to break down even the stoniest of hearts. As she poured out more of her inner emotions, more just came out. It was like she was a waterfall, a neverending, suffering waterfall. "I feel like I'm becoming some fucking Mary Sue that's all like "Oh, my feelings! Nobody cares about my feelings!" THIS is why I never talk about my feelings OR what I want. You want to know what I want you to do, Todd?"

She took a breath, closing her eyes for a moment as she tried to calm the raging soul within her, "This Brieanne right beside you, the one that loves you? RIGHT NOW? She wants you to think about the reality of things. It doesn't even matter about what's going on in MY LIFE, just your feelings. I'm not the only one that's been hurting myself.. didn't you say I didn't deserve this? You don't deserve to be hurt either."

Brie put a hand on top of his, her eyes depicting pure longing, "I know what you said and what you feel, Todd Bruce Cross, but after everything that's happened.. me, you, Jim, and Evaine included.. Merlin knows I deserve you."

(so much angst.)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am

Todd closed his eyes for a beat, taking a deep breath and finally reopening them. "I...Brie, I need to go think, okay?" he murmured. His thoughts were too clouded, too bunched together right now to do anything other than panic over the given situation.

He gave her hand what he hoped was a reassuring squeeze before he stood up once more, winding his scarf around his neck. "You...you deserve a lot, Brie," he sighed, gazing grimly at her. "Better than me, definitely, but...shit. I just...I gotta go. I'll think everything over and...you try to be okay. Okay?"

He put his hands on her shoulders for a brief moment, looking her in the eye. "And if that doucheass prick does anything to you or your baby, I'm going to come right back here and do something incredibly stupid. That is a promise." He nodded, once, and turned to leave the mansion that looked so hugely empty and cold.

((The feels are attacking. Make them go away, Deanna T.T))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am

Brie nodded, looking over at the window, "Go on," she said simply, looking back at him when he put his hands on her shoulders. If he just leaned in, if this wasn't just her mind talking to her, if her dreams actually came true..

"Don't come back.. you don't need to do anything stupid," said she, turning towards the window, "I'm sorry for all this, Todd.. I should've never told you."

She looked back at him again with teary eyes, shuddering as her name was hissed from one of the upper floors. "Dear Anne," her father called, his eyes being lit up by the candlelight below, "Your unannounced break with your uninvited guest is over. You are needed on the second floor.. our guests require entertainment."

Brieanne closed her eyes, wiping away the remaining tears on her face before turning to face the window her father was staring out of, "I'll be there in a few moments, Master.. please forgive me for taking advantage of your hospitality." Her father closed the window, Brie taking another glance at Todd.

'Don't leave me here.. no, no, NO,' she thought, shaking the thoughts off as she put a hand on her stomach, "Goodbye, Todd," she said, turning again and walking towards the doors.

(..I think I just made the feels worse. DX)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

((Yes, yes, you have. The feels have torn me limb from limb. I want Todd to drag her back to Hogwarts, but I have a feeling she wouldn't go.))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 pm

((The feels haven't been so kind to me either D: She'd go if Todd begged her to, only this once.. she has to go back sometime. for Rose to attack her again)
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Todd grabbed her wrist, determination taking over. "No," he murmured, shaking his head. "You need to come back to Hogwarts. Now. You know that whatever they're going to do is something terrible, and I'm not letting it happen. Come on."

((Terrible post, but I'm suddenly feeling awful, so sorry!))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 pm

((Aw.. D: Feel better hun!! Sending get well magic to you <33))

Brie looked back at Todd, then at his hand on her wrist. She couldn't just leave.. just disappear? Her father would-- and, all of a sudden, none of that mattered."..Okay," she said breathlessly, looking back up at the window, "Okay. Let's go, though.. quickly. He's gonna get suspicious.."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 pm

((OH, THE HEALING PROPERTIES OF MAGIC! I FEEL THE EFFECTS ALREADY!))

Todd couldn't restrain a smile and he nodded, tugging her toward the road, back through Hogsmeade, and all the way to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

(YAAAY!!!! Can I just say that I cannot wait for Penny to get her memories back.. moredramaismorefunandequalsmoreangst. <3)

Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:43 pm

((Ditto on that! The more drama, the more battered my feels are.))
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm

(..and then all of our feels will blow up in our face because of the heartbreaking angst and drama, BUT IT'LL BE OKAY IN THE END when Brie finally realizes she no can has Todd c: ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]   A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Hell of A Place To Be [Brieanne's home]
Page 1 of 1