Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

"Um," Dean looked down sheepishly, "I'm not sure, its my first year teaching. I only know what I do cause I've lived most of my life as a muggle, not including the seven years spent here at Hogwarts."

The question was a difficult one, Dean himself preferred to be taught hands on but he had no idea what he would like about teaching.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Belle laughed along with Miranda. "True enough, but I don't know if cats are much better. My mother had one, liked to shred everything with its claws. I always thought that a fish would be the best pet for me. No shedding, no claws, no mess. Too bad they don't show that much affection." That was the one drawback of having a pet that wasn't a mammal. They didn't exactly rub up against your leg or lick your face like other pets did.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall." Belle remembered her. Not the friendliest of teachers, although she did teach her subject well. "She was interesting. I remembered wanting to learn how to turn into a cat when I first had her class. Then I learned how much work it was and put the thought out of my head." Becoming an animagus was a difficult task. And usually, people started to learn how to do it when they were young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

"First year?" Eli blinked, Wow. He, himself, had started earlier in this career. He let his fiery red eyes glance around the room again, he really felt out of place. Everyone was... well at least ten years older than him. It didn't seem like anyone was close to him in age.

"What made you want to teach?" He asked, almost wanting to start a boring, mundane conversation so he wouldn't have to think.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm

"Nothing," Dean replied, "Dumbledore approached me about the position, I guess there was no one who wanted the subject."

He shifted slightly against the wall, pulling his hands from his pockets and folding his arms across his chest.

"I'm a mechanic, like my father, motors are easier to handle than teenagers."
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Now with a drink in hand, thankful for something to fiddle with and sip occasionally, John nodded at the woman who now introduced herself as Miranda. "Care of Magical Creatures? The only other class I'm horrible at," John laughed. Really, animals and plants were not his thing. He'd stick to spells and on occasion, potions. "Oh, well, this is my son's first year and I hadn't really had much of a steady job before - plus being home by myself would drive me crazy, so Dumbledore offered me a spot. I couldn't resist." John shrugged.

"Yes, becoming an animagi is hard, though the rate at which it's rumored there are unregistered animagi - and for so young, it's incredible. I never did the transformations myself, but my focus on Transfiguration deals with them, so I've studied them quite often," John smiled. He felt perhaps he was talking too much about himself, but it was the only thing he really knew how to do in these situations.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm

She laughed at John's remark. "People's talents lie in different areas. I, for one, am terrible at transfiguration. I always wanted to be an animagus," she sighed wistfully. "To be closer with those I work closest with. But....I never really had the uh..the talent." She smiled sheepishly.
Son he had said son. Her heart twanged painfully. She had always wanted children, but as things were... She tried to push the painful memories away before asking, "You're a father! How wonderful!"
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm

John nodded; most people didn't have the talent to be an animagus - even those who were in Transfiguration and even then most chose not to - the transformation was long and hard and could often end very badly. Those who were lucky enough to do so should really thank their lucky stars.

John smiled, oblivious to the slight change in Miranda's temperament. "Yes, for eleven long years," John said lightheartedly. He enjoyed every minute of raising Peter. He may have been young when he had him, he was only around eighteen when he was born, but he loved him dearly. Plus, he was the only reminder of Anne-Marie he had. "He's a sweet kid, though," John clarified after a bit, taking a tiny sip of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

"Ooo, that would be interesting," Belle said to Miranda. "It'd be helpful in teaching your students how animals act and stuff when you've interacted as one of them. Pity I can't do the same with plants. Although it might be boring to just be a flower that sticks out of the ground and photosynthesizes all day." Belle did love plants, but she wasn't sure if she liked them that much. Besides, she didn't like staying in the dirt all the time. She needed time away from it sometimes.

"Ah, came here to look after your kid?" Belle smiled at John. "Who knows, maybe I'll have in my class. I can threaten to send him to your office if he acts up." She laughed. "I'm just joking, I'm sure he'll be a wonderful student."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:05 pm

"Nothing made you want to teach. You just... were asked an did? Needed a bit of spice in your life?" Eli asked, trying to understand Dean's reasoning for his choice. From the information he had gathered, there was no logical reason unless the man had a problem saying 'No!' to anyone. And Eli seriously doubted the man had an issue with saying no.

[[ Going to bed, night everyone<3 ]]
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:37 pm

"The headmaster wouldn't have asked for my help if he didn't need it. And to be honest I'd like these kids to understand that while muggles don't have magic, they aren't weak and they aren't stupid."

Dean shrugged, "and I suppose a little spice isn't a bad thing."
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Miranda chuckled. "Oh yes, life as a plant would be super exciting..." She grinned good naturedly at her colleague. Then, before she could stop herself, she asked,
"What's it like? Being a parent?" She fought the desire welling within her, the longing. Children, such a blessing to the world. She had dreamed of being a parent for years, but maybe, just maybe she could live vicariously through John. Or at least get a glimpse of what it was like.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:57 pm

John began to feel more comfortable, easily falling into a casual conversation about his son. It seemed right and it was definitely something he could talk about for ages without confusing the likes of everyone in the room like he tended to do. "I did... that make me a bad parent? Am I doing that... what do they call it... uhm am I being a the Muggle contraption, a helicopter? Hovering?" John joked a bit, a small laugh forming in his throat. Maybe he was... maybe he was here more to keep an eye on his son than to pursue a career... maybe even more to pursue a love life; he wasn't sure, but he hoped being here didn't harm his son's development as he grew.

"He wouldn't act up, but you might have trouble getting his head out of the clouds," John chuckled. "He takes after his father in that aspect, though, so sending him to me is probably a bad decision."

John was slightly taken aback by the question that Miranda posed, but only in a way that he was unsure about how to answer. Unlike facts, this dealt with personal feelings and those were hard to form into words sometimes. "Well," he drew out, contemplating his exact wording for once. "It's great, I suppose. Uh, there's nothing like it. It's hard the first couple of years, especially when you're on your own and you have to get up every hour and you never have a good night's rest, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I enjoy watching him grow, you know, picking out pieces of me or pieces of his mother. Watching him grow, I think, is the best part, especially seeing his mind expand with knowledge. Haha, I'm getting a little sentimental now, aren't I? Sorry," John chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:52 am

Well, everyone and everybody seemed to Guglielmo relaxed and not so confusing as it was at first so, he decided not to annoy public and turned around, seein' his ghost brother lonely standin' and lookin' in the window. Man grinned, closin' his eyes for a moment, and put his right hand into a pocket of jeans, taking a glass of champagne in his left, and then stood next to Wolpe Jr. sayin':
"Hasn't changed, is it? Years went by, but Hogwarts'll always look as it was when you first arrived here as a littl' child." Wolpe sighed and took a sip of champagne."And now we're all grown- up, but in different position," Guglielmo made a littl' pause, "And all could be the same if not a business of yours, darlin' brother. Dead business of yours."
Professor of Astronomy noticed that Bartho became a littl' angry and shocked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

Again and again... His brother knew weak places of ghost, and that was annoying. Listening to his monologue, a full of pathos and sarcasm, Bartho tried to stay calm. When it was finished, Wolpe Jr. looked at Guggy, answerin':
"Is that all you can say, Guggy - guy? And no that silly - annoying stuff that John and I shouldn't save this woman?," House Ghost raised his left eyebrow,"And now here's my answer, Guggy. Yes, sometimes I blamed myself at it, but," he pointed at Guggy's chest, "Isn't that your fault too, Guglielmo? You might heard woman's screams and shoutin' for help. And what have you done? Nothing. Nothin' but stayin' at home and readin' some damn book."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:13 am

Eli nodded to Dean, somewhat at a loss for what to speak about. Would it be too soon to ask more personal questions like where we was from? Maybe, but he was a blunt guy when out of his element.

"Were you previously a student here?" Eli hadn't been, he was curious as to how many of them had actually attended the school.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:24 am

Dean nodded, "yeah, its been about twelve years since I was last here."

He shifted slightly feeling a little awkward, 'Come on Dean just try to be social.'
Back to top Go down
Belle Mallery

Belle Mallery

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:07 am

Belle laughed. "I was the same way when I was young. I was daydreaming more often than anything when I was a kid. Drove my teachers up the wall until I finally got my act together and started focusing." It did seem easier at times to look outside a window then listen to a Potions teacher drawl on about how many ways to make a Shrinking Solution.

She smiled politely as John described his life as a parent. It did sound interesting. Belle wished she could have kids someday, if she found the right guy and all. Maybe Hogwarts could be the place to do that, if she was lucky. "There's nothing wrong with sentiment," she said. "We all get sentimental about one thing or another. It's just how we are."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:20 am

Eli blinked, that was a long time.

"I never was a student here." Eli chuckled, awkwardly. Dean was probably more of a quiet person like him. Well, quiet when he wasn't nervous.

[[ /lame ]]
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:18 am

Dean stared at Eli for a moment, the conversation they were having was pretty pointless and slightly awkward. If the other man's body language was any indicator, the potions professor was no better with people than he was.

"You're a nervous talker aren't you?" Dean asked bluntly deciding to screw manners since it seemed neither of them could hold a decent conversation without feeling awkward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:21 am

"Obvious, right? Yeah, I'm just a nervous speaker. I'm a lot better at talking with his hands." Eli could easily have taken down everyone in the room within less than a minute. But that would bring up Arena memories, ones which he tried to desperately to keep in a box and never let anyone see that him again.

He was a vicious warrior in the ring.

"Actions speak louder than words."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:28 am

"I suppose that's true in some cases," Dean nodded, "but sometimes acting without discussing it with people is frowned upon."

"And if you babble when you're nervous you sometimes say things you shouldn't," Dean had learned that the hard way having been a nervous chatterbox when he was younger. His father had taken him to church to meet some members of his extended family when he was about six. The cluster of aunts, great-aunts and cousins had made him nervous and he had blurted out something that had made his great-aunt Abigail cry. The awkward apology and the lecture from his father had taught him not to speak unless he was sure of what he was going to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:32 am

Eli nodded, there was a point in that.

"I've never really been all that great at speaking. I wrote a novel, best seller, which still surprises me to this day. I find writing is a lot easier to convey words than talking face to face... I do enjoy texting or writing letters more than talking on the phone." Eli shyly admitted.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:44 am

"How old are you?" Dean asked in surprise, he had a hard time believing that a man barely out of his teens was a teacher AND best selling novelist. It made him wonder what he had been doing wasting his life hidden away underneath fenders.
Back to top Go down
Sitka Pelekai

Sitka Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:47 am

(( Shocked I'm late! XD Sorry!))

Sitka smiled walking to Miranda.. "Hey!" he smiled cheerful at her and the group.. "How are you?!" he smiled giving her a pat on her back.. Then he looked at the others and smiled cheerfully.. "I'm Sitka.. the doctor.." giving a glance to everyone.. The place was filling..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:11 am

"I'm twenty-five. But... yeah... I know I don't look like it. People think I'm seventeen or even eighteen at the most." Eli shrugged, it wasn't an uncommon question for him. He had always looked younger than he really was. Maybe a blessing but he didn't honestly card. Until he got carded for trying to get into a rated R Movie. Now that was annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)   Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Party?! In astronomy classroom?!(Tag: teachers and students)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next