Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig Rivera

Craig Rivera

Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} Empty
PostSubject: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Craig slipped silently into the Slytherin common room. He loosed a sigh of relief, seeing it deserted. He held Juliette tight in his arms. He couldn't believe he was doing this, going out of his way to help someone.
"Get a grip, Craig," he muttered to himself.
Well...he thought looking down at the unconscious girl, whose head rested against his chest, it seemed he already had a grip...He sighed and looked for a place to set Juliette that wouldn't be too conspicuous. He didn't want to leave her out in the open for any passerby to notice. But he also refused to go up to her dormitory. Finally, he spotted a couch in a dark corner. He quickly strode over and lowered her into the soft cushions. He softly brushed blonde hair away from her young face.
Back to top Go down
Aileen Quinn

Aileen Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Today had been a most unpleasant day. So many things going wrong and driving her anger to new levels. The few good things, the small victories, were no where near enough to cover it. First it had been the nightma-memor-nightmare that awoken her to feeling so cold. Then the cold shoulder from Juliette and the reminder of the previous night. The rest of it was filled with avoiding other reminders, including avoiding Rose and the hospital wing. Hiding away in the library to do school work had been an ideal plan in theory. But it ended up reminding her of painful and bitter memories while fighting with a stubborn and annoying Ravenclaw. Every victory she had gained over their argument was short lived and not enough to satisfy her from the horrible day she had been having.

The trip down to Hogsmede did not help any at all. It brought memories of the shrieking shack, and having to spread it in the filthy Hogshead. Asami Sato provided interesting company for a time, but even that turned south. And then there was when she returned to dormitory. The run in with Aquata was... most unsavory. Really she should have expected the other girl, he came to mind at least twice that day,t eh first time even mentioned when that Ravenclaw dare insinuate Aileen was some kind of slut. Oh had that comment made her blood boil. And the heated argument with the true Slytherin Slut only infuriated her more.

So there she was, in a secluded corner of the common room, reading a book to try and sooth her frantic nerves. There was something soothing with reading. It made you absorb the written world while you forget the one you're actually in. She didn't know how long she had been in there, only vaguely noting when it grew quiet as each hour passed. Blue eyes took in the words printed on the page and simply let herself forget.

That was until she heard the common room entrance open and the mumbled deep voice that gave the tall tale sign that it was someone older than a student. Quietly, she lifted her head to inspect person who entered, only to see the Potions Professor carrying something to the couch. Upon the sight of blond hair, blue eyes widened as her book gently shut without a sound. When it was revealed to be Juliette's face, Aileen rose form her seat and walked softly over to the two.

"What happened?" she inquired, her voice a soft whisper to not disturb her sleeping friend. It couldn't have been a potions accident or a hex from some student brawl or else the blonde would have been in the hospital wing. The very thought nearly made Aileen shudder. But there was no way Juliette would just fall asleep anywhere, leave herself in such a vulnerable state. So what had occurred?
Back to top Go down
Craig Rivera

Craig Rivera

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Craig jerked his hand away from Juliette's face when he heard the movement from behind him. Damn....things just were simply not working out for him tonight. He quickly pulled himself together before turning slowly to face the slytherin girl. He stared evenly at the dark-haired young woman. He swiped a lock of black hair away from his own face. This simply would not do. Rumors were sure to abound if word of this situation got out, and students liked to talk. But...he would not jeopardize Juliette's trust by telling anyone what had just occurred. At least...not without a reason.

His eyes met Aileen's briefly. "It is none of your concern, Miss Quinn." he said in an almost cold voice. "Leave her be. She needs her rest."

He kept his eyes on her, waiting for her to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Aileen Quinn

Aileen Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm

As the professor turned to face her, she brought her gaze away from her firmed and to the man. His face cold, calm, and collected. This was a face she knew well. She seen it on her parents, their many associates, and on herself whenever she caught her reflection during a time she was keeping guard. Yes, this was the universal mask all pureblood Slytherins tended to have it seemed. The very first mask she ever learned to wear.

She barely registered him moving a lock of his raven hair, her blue eyes flickering back to her friend as she awaited an answer. When she got one, her eyes snapped back to him as she frowned. The only sign of her displeasure, but on the inside she was sneering and fuming. Who was he to say it was none of her business! Juliette was her friend, and the closest one she ever had!

Blue eyes narrowed lightly, but she kept herself cool of head. This man was her professor. He could take away house points, though doubtful to do so of his own house, and assign her detention at any form of back talk. Still, this could not be left to rest. "With all do respect Professor Rivera," she said calmly as her chin raised up lightly to show she was standing firm, "I do believe it is my business."

How many nights over the last seven years had she comforted the other as she wept over a mother who gave no love? How meant times did she hold the other? Stroke her golden hair? Be the mother the girl craved? It was her very right to know what happened. "Juliette is my closest friend I have this school. As a Slytherin, that's not something easy to come by, as I'm sure you are aware. You do not know what I've done for her these last seven years." Taking her cold gaze off the man, she looked back to Juliette and stepped closer to the sleeping girl.

Softly, she placed her hand on top her hand and gently stroked through the golden locks. "She likes to have her head petted. Even when she's asleep." she said off hand manner, her hand continuing its motion. Tearing her gaze away for her friend, she looked back at the man who brought her in. "You brought my friend in here unconscious. I think I have every right to know what happened to her. And should it have been by your hand, then may you be faster at drawing your wand to obliviate me and wipe my memories before I draw my wand to lock you in place and report you to the headmaster."

Yes this man was her professor, but if there was any threat to Juliette she was going to step in. Blue eyes looked at him with a mix of coldness sand calulation. The eyes of a snake watching the other's next move. Waiting to see if she needed to strike.
Back to top Go down
Craig Rivera

Craig Rivera

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Crqaig raised an eyebrow at Aileen's reaction. Barely controlled fury raged in her blue eyes. How interesting....for all of Juliette's talk of feeling so unloved, this one seemed to care about her quite a lot. He tucked the information away in his mind. It might come in handy later.

As a Slytherin, that's not something easy to come by, as I'm sure you are aware.

Yes, he did know. He knew all too well the loneliness that came when one grew hardened to the world. He had been fifteen by the time he learned to create that mask Slytherins wore all too well. That initial separation was hard, as these girls obviously knew. But in the end, it was worth it. It made you stronger, . And that was something he needed to teach them. When you learned to gain control over your world, nothing could hurt you ever again. His face hardened.

He narrowed his eyes as Aileen approached the sleeping blonde. He barely contained the urge to block her. What on earth were these urges coming from? That was what had gotten him into trouble in the first place.

Without any trace of emotion he responded, "I'm afreaid I am still not at liberty to discuss the night's events with you Miss Quinn. If you knoew Miss Valentine so...intimately." he smirked. "Thhen you know how she feels about her privacy. When she wakes, perhaps she will oblige you. I, however, will not."

When she mentioned the memory jinx, his hands clenched into fists ever slightly. "That charm is an abhorrent one, Miss Quinn, and I do not appreciate you implying I would employ such a lowly tactic. Your memories will remain as they are."

He loathed that charm with every fiber of this being. He had seem too many people walk away with holes in their lives, and he even had a few holes of his own. Of course, it was all part of the world of manipulation. But it was a line he refused to cross.

"I am sure your skills are quite admirable, but to not bother to think you could overcome me." His eyes flashed. He was being far too emotional. This was getting dangerous...
Back to top Go down
Aileen Quinn

Aileen Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 am

Aileen felt herself bristle at the man's words, anger taking hold of her at his arrogance and smug appearance as he smirked. Oh but this was a Slytherin through and through, but the young viper refused to loose to this battle. Even if he was a professor. Smiling charmingly at him, she continued to pet Juliette's head as she spoke. "Oh but I do Professor." she said calmly, as if those words hadn't aggravated her. "Which is why I have not spoken a word of what I know of Juliette to 'prove' how close the two of us are. And I trust she will speak of the event on her own time after she awakens.

Blue eyes darkened a little as she titled her head to the side. "But she's not awake, now is she professor? No, instead she's unconscious upon this couch. And the only one who has any clue as to why she's like this is refusing to speak of the incident." As he spoke of the memory charm being horrendous and not something he would do, she scoffed a little. "Forgive me if I insulted you for such a suggestion Professor, but it was a possibility. What do I know of you other than that you are my professor and a Slytherin? When push comes to shove and circumstances make themselves known, one must do what they must for self-preservation. Do you truly expect me to believe that you are so high and noble as to never use that charm if it meant to protect yourself? Or perhaps someone close to you that did the deed that needed to be forgotten? I do not believe such a person exists. Not in Slytherin at the very least."

Turning her attention back to her friend, she watched as her hand moved from the top of her head, down the the side as the pale flesh moved against the golden locks. "Is that a threat Professor?" she asked, as he claimed she was no match for him. "Or a promise?" Blue eyes looked up to him as they flashed dangerously. "I do not need to overcome you, there are other means to make sure you are dealt with even if you take me down."

Turning back to Juliette, she gave a simple shrug, as if this conversation wasn't as dire as it actually was. "Of course this all means nothing if you are not at fault in anyway. But you must admit, it is suspicious Professor." Her charming smile turned grew as her eyes became colder, looking at him one last time. "To bring her in here unconscious, looking about to make sure no one was at witness to her placement on the couch. You refuse any explanation, not even a lie. So very suspicious." A small chuckle left her lips as if it was all amusing. But it wasn't. "What ever could it mean?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}   Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen} Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, that didn't work... {TAG: Juliette and Aileen}
Page 1 of 1