Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:32 am

He snorted, "No, you roast the beans and then grind them into a powder. when you add boiling water the favour is infused into the water." he explained as he hobbled over to the machine to start another pot. He really needed to get a bigger one, the one he currently had only made two cups at a time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 am

Waycca blinked, moving out of his way and leaning against the counter as she watched. "Oh," she murmured. "Muggle stuff seems really complicated. Like, with a wand you can just say, 'Here's a stick, and it's going to make you be able to do some trippy stuff, but no one except the people who make them know how. Have fun!'"
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 am

"But the problem with magic is that sometimes it can be unreliable, if you mispronounce one word in an incantation then you can blow yourself up. With muggle things they have safety precautions put in place to make sure that doesn't happen and you can always tell when something is wrong with a muggle object."

He had made the mistake with magic more times than he could count, and had found that he would rather do it the muggle way even if it meant taking longer.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 am

"Okay, touché," she relented. "Do you live in, like, a Muggle house, then? You can't have had all this stuff just lying around before you took this job." Or maybe he had; she'd never been an expert at interpreting a person.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am

"Yep, a muggle house in a muggle neighbourhood." He replied, starting the machine, "It was actually nice and quiet. Though I did buy most of this stuff since I couldn't just take some of the appliances."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:07 am

"My aunt used to live in a teeny Muggle neighborhood, before I moved in with her. Can't get her to stop talking about it, so I reckon it must be pretty cool," Waycca conceded, gaze swiveling to the coffee maker and watching it intently, as if expecting it to do anything more than drip coffee into a pot.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

He let her watch the machine for a moment before shaking his head, "Ypu know its not going to do anything else. It makes coffee, that is its only function."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

Waycca glanced back up at him, slightly embarrassed that he'd caught her staring. "Well, that's a given considering it's a coffe maker," she muttered. "But...well, you made it sound a tad more exciting. 'Chemical reactions' or whatever. Now it's just dripping anticlimactically. Kinda got my hopes up, man."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am

"I'm sorry to have disappointed you, but it is a muggle device and they do tend to take their time," He said, "A good turkey dinner can take hours to make in a muggle oven."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am

"Wow," she said, wandering over to his desk and perching on it where he had previously been. "I think I might be too impatient to live like a Muggle." She still hadn't finished her own cup of coffe and had made it her goal to drain it before she left; it was going growing cold, and she didn't think it would taste much betterif it lost its heat.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 am

"Patience is a virtue, you know that right?" He asked with a raised brow, "Every now and then its healthy to wait for things."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 am

Waycca leaned forward slightly, head cocked to the side. "So you're saying Muggles are healthier than wizards and witches just because everything they own perpetually moves at turtle speed?" she mused, taking a last sip from her mug and glancing down at it. "Do you want me to...wash it?" she offered hesitantly.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 am

"Nah, thats the one thing I like to do with magic," He shrugged, "It also seems to be the only way to get out grease stains."

He took the mug from her and set it on his desk.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Waycca smirked, straightening. "You'd know all about grease stains, huh, Mr. Mechanic?" she mused. "I guess I'm gonna head on soon, since it's getting kinda dark and I'll be late for my annual kitchen raid if I don't mosey on down."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am

"Like I said, don't get caught this time Miss Louise," He warned, "otherwise you'll end up with detention."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 am

"Mhm, oh, yeah. Just like last time. I'm incredibly frightened, especially since the house elves are always so eager to give their crap away. Have a nice afternoon, Dean!" Waycca mused, practically dancing to the door and tossing it open before slipping out; she really preferred dramatic exits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]   Just Checking In[Tag: Dean] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Checking In[Tag: Dean]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4