Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}

Go down 
+4
Evaine Moonblood
Emily Castle
Nani Pelekai
Miranda Melgrove
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Jim gave Valerie a look. Did she seriously just suggest that out loud? Luckily, Evaine didn't seem to notice it and he pushed the matter aside. Although she did seem a little off-balance with Valerie's eagerness. "Don't worry Eva, Val was like that when I first met her," he said, smiling a little. "She's nice, though."
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Emily's eyes widened excited hearing the word mermaid... So there where creatures just like 'little mermaid'... She smiled a little, remembering the story Eva told her. Thinking of Eva, she looked for her with her eyes, and saw her with a girl, and Jim... She turned all her focus to the teacher... Seeing Jim left her frigtnened, and she needed to put herself together and strong if she wanted to have a talk with him...

She wondered of what more creatures could live on that lake, if it was like the sea, it could have, obviously fishes, and turtles, and sharks, and crabs and so on... But these were animals that muggles were used to know... She started thinking of magical creatures that she never thought were real, like mermaids... She thought of sea serpents, and other creatures. A picture of the last movie she watched before coming to Hogwarts came into her mind, and she exclamed out loud without thinking.... ''The kraken!''

OOC: Jim, I never watched Sherlock, but I'm thinking of doing it on my vacation.. I heard it's a great show! =)
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Eva looked back up at Jim holding her arms out for a hug with a small puppy dog pout while Valerie started playing with her hair having fun
--

"Yup yup!" Val said smiling from ear to ear then looked at jim pointing her finger down "sit puppy.' she said then giggled putting Eva's hair up into a messy bun then started putting flowers of different sades of colors in her hair "pretty, pretty pretty." Val singed.

--

"are you sure she is alright I'm getting scared now." eva said wondering what Val was doing "Whhhatt!" Val cried "So i had like ten candy bars before coming down here, hey keep calling to me!" she laughed as Eva sighed

(( i was to lazy to get on Vals xD)
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

'Oh god. I can't do this. Slimy, tentacles, wet, bulgy-eyed things don't get along well with me. Nope. Brieanne Chrysanthe Devereaux is not having this.'

Brie's stomach tied into several knots as students started throwing out different answers to the professor's question, the girl just sitting there awkwardly, keeping her gaze on her hands. She figured, if she didn't open her mouth, she wouldn't have reason to get close to the animal. And, if her reasoning was wrong, well.. she would just get the hell outta there as fast as she could. She gave Pippa and Emily encouraging looks, wanting to let them have chances to speak and all that other exciting first year stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

((OOC: Emily, watch it, watch it, watch it. It will be the best decision of your life. Very Happy))

Jim sighed, but he did give a small smile and gave Evaine a one-armed hug while trying not to make a big spectacle of himself. He could just picture Emily and Pippa breaking out into song, going "Jimmy and Eva, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G," at the top of their lungs. "I'm not a puppy," he muttered. Again, people always seemed to associate him with cute things. Why couldn't be likened to a panther or a dragon? Now that would be something worth being proud of. "Where the heck did you find ten candy bars?" he asked, wondering if Valerie kept them all stashed somewhere in her room or if the kitchens had them lying around somewhere. They were known to be stocked on almost anything.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Evaine giggled hugging him back then flicked his nose "What scared the girls are going to start calling us a couple?" eva smirked at Jim as val got done messing with Eva's hair. "But your cute and cuddly like a puppy like Eva.' she smiled at Eva. Evaine blushed looking away "If he says he's not a puppy then he is not a puppy." she gave Jim a wink.

"Where the heck did you find ten candy bars?" he asked, val smirked pulling out three from her pocket "I have some under my bed. I always send my money on candy." she laughs "want some?"
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Emily glanced the encoraging look that Brie gave to her and Pippa, but she wasn't sure if she would said so the teacher could hear her.
But on potions classes, she said something stupid, but it turned to be clever, and she won points for her house. She smiled widely to Brie before said to Prof. Melgrove... ''Is there a tiny possibility of a kraken living here?? It's like a big octopus or squid...'' She smiled shyly to Prof Melgrove, hoping what she said wasn't so stupid as it sounded.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Miranda looked thoughtfully at the girls. "I suppose what muggles call a...kraken...could be another name for him. " She raised her voice for all of the class to hear. "I'm sure many of you have heard rumors of the Giant Squid that lives right here in the school lake. He's been here for more years than anyone knows for sure. So, tell me, what, if anything, have you heard about your neighbor?"
She looked carefully from student to student, making eye contact with each of them. She concealed her worry for Brieanne. Though, she was seriously considering doing something to regain, Evaine, Pippaa, and Valerie's attention.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Jim didn't say anything, but he did end up blushing a deep shade of pink. It seemed like Valerie was on board with the whole "Jim and Eva are adorable" bandwagon like Brieanne and Todd were. But he did smile at Evaine's comment. "Thank you," he said. "Besides, I prefer cats to dogs. They're a bit quieter." He didn't say it, but dogs reminded him too much of his werewolf nature. And dogs seemed to sense it at times. They were a bit more friendly with him than other animals, as if they knew he could turn into an animal that was kin to them. "I'll pass," he said, waving a hand. "Too much candy at one time gives me stomach aches."
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

"isn't that the same squid? You showed miss belle and i?" Evaine asked looking at Miss. Melgrove "or was that something ells?" she tilt her head she glanced over at Jim "your welcome, I have to stick up for you since your always helping me.". Val looked at the teacher "I think i heard about it but I'm not sure." she spoke then stood up "Isn't Eva pretty Jimmy." she smiled then twirled around before sitting back down in front of Jim . "Noo more candy for you little girl." Eva laughed.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Emily blushed deeply, and tried to hid her face looking to the tip of her shoes while she felt her face burning... She waited paciently, and listened to all the other students said about the giant squid. Feeling normal again, she looked up to the teacher, and continued participating in the class.
''I didn't hear anything about it, either... Is it dangerous??'' She asked shyly.

Last edited by Emily Castle on Wed May 30, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Jim found himself laughing at Evaine and Valerie's antics. It looked like they were getting along alright, despite having very different personalities. Although he looked up at Emily's statement and felt that he shared the same sentiment as her. "Yeah, it's not gonna, like, eat us or anything, right?" He hadn't heard of the giant squid eating anyone, but it was a big creature after all. It looked like it could eat the whole class in one gulp if it felt like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:50 am

Pippa turned her attention to the teacher after finally realizing that they were really starting. she giggled. "usually they don't go near ships, they eat fish normally. but like everything if you frighten them or get on their territory they'll attack you. dunno if they actually'll eat you though. uncle never mentioned that when he told me about them" she jumped on her tip-toes. "will we go out on boats to see it up close? or are we going to stay on shore?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:14 am

Brieanne sat there, absorbing snippets of conversation going on around her. She was feeling slightly squeamish, but she tried her best to shake the feeling off. Then, she heard someone mention going on a boat, and she spoke up. "Um.. we're not REALLY going on a boat OUT THERE, right? Not in the open water.. right, Miss Melgrove?" she asked, biting her lip. Brie already didn't like being in contact with big creatures, but going out there NEAR THEM? That was going to have to take an army to get her out there.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:27 am

Miranda smiled encouragingly at the students' answers.
"Yes, Miss Moonblood. There is only one giant squid in the lake. There wouldn't be room for more!"

[b}''I didn't hear anything about it, either... Is it dangerous??''[/b]
"He is most certainly not dangerous. And THAT is why I wanted to focus today's lesson on him. He hasn't been given an actual name and is referred to as only the Giant Squid. There is no need to be afraid of him. He is quite docile. And ten points to Hufflepuff Miss Filch, you are correct. he eats only sea creatures. While other Giant Squid MIGHT attack you if threatened. Our particular squid will not harm you at all. Now, that's not to say if you try and play a prank on him, he won't give you a fright." She let her eyes rest on Miss Filch and Castle in turn.

"Um.. we're not REALLY going on a boat OUT THERE, right? Not in the open water.. right, Miss Melgrove?"

Miranda smiled sympathetically at the obviously uncomfortable Ravenclaw. "No, Miss Devereaux. Luckily, he is large enough that he can come close enough to us. And I will be monitoring everything. And I will not ask any of you to do anything you don't want to. That will never happen in my class."
She turned her attention to the class at large.
"Now, everyone pull out your wands. We're going to summon him, so you can each meet him."
She waited a moment for each of them to pull out their wands then strode down to the edge of the lake, gesturing for them to follow.
"Stick the tip of your wand into the water and say 'Lumos'. The combined light will draw his attention."
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:27 am

"Thanks! I'm happy to see you too.." Nani smiled at her while she hesitated to hug her.. Now Miranda was the teacher not her brother's friend.. but how could she don't hug her? After all the time spent together at the Hawaii..

She laughed.. "Yes! He tried some new tricks but Grandma didn't like it!" she laughed thinking at those scenes..

Then she stood up watching the others students coming down.. She smiled at them and at Brieanne.. "Hi.." she smiled at her.. "I'm ok.." that was all the things she said, not a lot but in the end she didn't know how to start a conversation.. But she was wondering why she was on a whellchair, not her affairs obliously.. She glanced at Jim and waved her hand to say hello to him..

Then Miranda started her lesson.. Wait! Was it about the Giant Squid of the lake?! Nani shuddered.. even if she lived near the sea or was in the school more than five years she had never had the oppurtunity to see it.. She giggled and stood listening Miranda talk.. She took her wand and waited for the other to do the same..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:39 am

It looked like Pippa's experiences on a ship were coming in handy. Jim figured that she would know a bit about squids after traveling on the sea for a lot of her life. He gave a wry smile, feeling a little proud of her. Although she seemed to be the only one, besides Professor Melgrove, to not be afraid of the creature. Brieanne seemed terrified and Nani seemed a little grossed out at the idea of some big slimy creature coming towards them. Jim wasn't sure if he felt totally safe around the animal, but he doubted that Professor Melgrove would be the type of person to lead them into danger. He pulled out his wand, which he realized needed a good cleaning once class was over. He could see fingerprints all over where he usually held it. "Shall we go?" he asked, smiling a little at Valerie and Evaine and gesturing towards the edge of the lake.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:48 am

Emily got less tensed when Prof Melgrove told the squib wasn't dangerous, and she began to like the creature. She listened closely what Pippa said. She'll probably knew something about it, and Emily wasn't wrong. Pippa got ten points for Hufflepuff, and Emily smiled to Pippa, proud of having such clever friend...
She got a little offended, a bit more embarassed qhen the teacher left her eyes on her and Pippa... Did her fame was already spread among the teachers?? But she was a good student, at least on classes time. And after all, Emily would never play a prank on such creature like the squib, she loved animals, and carresing them and playing WITH them, not AT them...

Though, she smiled at the teacher when she said to take the wands... She said the spell, and the little light from the tip of her wand started dancing into the air while she moved herself next to the lake, excited to meet the Giat Squib.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:10 am

'I'm liable to pass out. I am totally liable to just pass out and come to tomorrow. It's a squid. A giant, creepy crawly, messy, slimy, squishy, HUGE squid. I don't do well with squishy things. I swear if that thing tries to grab me, I'm gonna have a panic attack or a heart attack. And I will die. Right here. In front of everybody and Merlin. I. Will. Perish.'

Brie's mind was in panic mode. She reached for her wand, feeling the familiar crystal on the end of it as she gently pulled it out of her pocket, inspecting it for a moment before rolling her wheelchair forward just an inch. The closer she rolled herself, the more scared she got, so it was only natural for her to just stop a few more feet away from the edge than everybody else did. She bit her lip, quickly saying, "Lumos!" and smiling as the dash of light made its way to the tip of her wand, blinking. "..I'm not getting any closer to the water than this," she declared, pointing her wand towards the water, "Nope. Not any closer."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:26 am

the red head beamed. ten points for Hufflepuff! she shifted and scratched her head sheepishly. "I only locked Mrs. Norris in the room of requirement ONCE" and why would she go after a giant squid? she sighed in disappointment. "aww...I'd love to see him out in the water..." she missed being on a boat, but judging the reactions and faces of the people around her, callling the creature to them was probably a good idea. she pulled her wand out, although new it was already a little chipped and worn, and placed it in the water. "Lumos~!" she sing-songed, and glanced at Brieanne. "it's not going to hurt you, I promise. if a wild one didn't hurt my uncle's ship, I'm sure a tame one really won't!" she gave an encouraging smile. "miss Melgrove, can I pet it? will the squid let me, you think?"
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Emily was laughing delighted. She'll meet a giant and yet docile squib... But then she saw Brie back them, and she looked like she saw a ghost. Emily didn't want to see her that way, so she walked back to the ravenclaw girl, and said gently, with a fondly smile...
''I think it's better the view from behind... If we were among the crowd, and everybody saying at the same time, no one couldn't understand each other...'' She giggled, and carefuly sat on one arm of the wheelchair.

Last edited by Emily Castle on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:07 am

Evaine jumped up from the ground as it was the same squid her and Miss. Belle meet, her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree pulling out her wand from her pocket. She grabbed a hold of jim's hand running over towards the lake, once they got there Eva let go of Jim's hand jumping around while she twirled "yay~" the girl has a smile from ear to ear happy to see the creature again. Everyone ells was in the back not sure about this creature, glacing over she saw Pippa "Lumos" she said smiling happily waiting for the squid to show up.
--

Val bit her lip not sure about the squid seeing Eva smiling dragging Jim with her she just stood there in the back next to the girl with raven-black hair "H Hi." she said waving at her.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

"Okay, everyone. Make sure the tip of your wand is IN the water, otherwise he won't be able to see it very well." She waited for everyone to comply, well everyone except Brie, that is. "You can stay right there, Miss Devereaux, this incline is a little too steep for that chair. Just mind you pay good attention."
The lit wands cast an eerie glow in the calm waters of the lake. They waited in silence for another heartbeat. Then, there was a strange ripple that extended from the middle of the lake. Miranda straightened, pulling her wand out of the water. "knox." she said. "Alright, he's seen us, now. All of you take just a couple steps from the water........Good."
Slowly, a single tentacle breached the lake's surface to wave in the air, much like the human greeting. Miranda smiled. She only hoped the students enjoyed this as much as the squid would. The head bobbed on the surface some 20 feet away. But two more tentacles snaked it's way towards them.
"Now, a giant squid's most important sense is that of touch. See how it's eyes look like they're on either side of his head? IT makes it difficult for them to concentrate on a single creature or event. So, it learns the most by touching. If you'd like, you can step forward and "Shake hands" with your neighbor," She said with a grin. ""And tell me what you see and feel. Like I said, he won't hurt you and he's very gentle"
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 am

Whem Prof Melgrove said that they needed to put the wands into the water, Emily whispered ''Nox'', and kept her wand on the pocket of her robe... She stayed by Brie's side, and waited for the Squib to show... When she saw the tentacle showing from the water, she gasped excited, and as the creature showed up, she stared amazed at the Giant Squib...
''I never thought he was so giant...'' She said in awe to Brie... ''It's even cute...'' She looked upon the squib and then to Brie....
''Prof. Melgrove, is the squib a girl or a boy???'' She hasn't heard if the professor had commented about, and Emily didn't mind asking, she was just much curious...
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:08 am

Brie quickly said the Nox spell, storing her wand in her robes. As Miss Melgrove told her to remain where she was, she groaned. There was another limitation she had to deal with.. but she was never gonna go any closer than that to begin with. It still irritated her, and she sat there chewing on her lip as the ripples started to show in the lake.

"..Oh my Merlin," she breathed, the color draining from her face as the squid showed itself. She knew it wouldn't hurt her, it was just the fact that it was huge and slimy and it lived in the water. She preferred fire. She didn't know why, but she was wary of anything that was water based, except for snow. Like, if it came in contact with her, she would be extinguished, just like the fire she loved producing.

Brie 's eyes widened as she took in the squid, trying her hardest not to start screaming at the top of her lungs. She was SUCH a weenie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next