Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] Empty
PostSubject: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 am

Neffie hiked up the stairs to the owlery, lost in thought. Hogwarts was such an odd place, fascinating really. Filled with so much magic. Of course, her home in Egypt was filled with magic as well, but that was more of an ancient kind. True, Hogwarts was old as well, but it was also filled with young, unbridled magic, something her family would never allow.
The slytherin party had been enjoyable, not thrilling though. She had played the drinking game but...it was just harder to get drunk when you were well, older. She smirked to herself. She might only be a fourth-year student, but she was one of the oldest creatures in this damn school! Her fist clenched but she forcibly relaxed her entire body.
"Relax..." she mumbled. "That's why you're up here, remember. Some peace and quiet."
She glanced at the stacks of owl nests. Most of them were out hunting. Like her, they were creatures of the night. A brown barn owl flew in through one of the gaps in the stone work. She reached out a pale hand and stroked it gently.
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 am

anyone care to chat with little Neffie?
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:21 am

((I volunteer! Very Happy))

Asami would rather not send a letter back to her father right now, but she felt she had to at the moment. He had gotten her a bunch of new things before she had left and she figured she had to send him a thank-you letter. It was good manners, after all, which was what she had been taught all her life. She hated them now of course, but there were days when she felt she had no choice but to go along with them. She tapped her letter against her thigh as she entered the owlery. To her surprise, she wasn't the only one up here. Nefertiri was here as well. Asami didn't know her terribly well, only that she fit in well with the other Slytherins around her, which was fine by her. And Asami thought she was kinda hot. "Hey there," she said, giving a smile at the girl as she made her way inside. "You sending a letter too? Or just hanging out with the owls?"
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

Neffie turned slowly. She had heard the footsteps coming up the owlery steps, though she still couldn't smell her. The owls' stench was far too strong. She had been hoping whoever it was would ignore her, but no go. At least it was a Slytherin. She eyed the girl up and down. She was definitely pretty. Neffie swept her long, black hair behind her. She stared evenly at the girl.
"Most people don't come up here at night," she said simply. "I like the quiet once in a while."
While she loved to party, age came with a certain loneliness. And on nights like these, her thoughts always seemed to run away from her. She needed the time to pull her mind together. And while SHE could see perfectly fine up in the dark tower, she knew the human couldn't.
"And what are YOU doing up here at this time?" she asked suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

"True," Asami said, nodding in agreement. Even though she didn't need much quiet, Asami did need some time to herself after partying hard for a couple of nights in a row. Although usually her quiet time just meant sleeping off any hangovers she might have gotten. She raised an eyebrow at the suspicious tone in Nefertiri's voice. "I'm just sending a letter," she said, holding up the envelope. "If I put if off any longer, I'm bound to just forget about it and end up tossing it in the trash. So, here I am." She turned her head back to the number of owls, thinking over which one to pick.
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 am

Neffie raised an eyebrow. "That dreadful huh?"

She knew the feeling. It was how she felt about writing home herself. She liked her freedom thank you very much. She eyed Asami looking over the owls. Neffie knew the owls better than most. It was probably because they were both creatures of the dark.

"Use one of the elf Owls." she said casually. "For a letter that small, he'll be quick. They're so small, they don't usually get a lot of work. And, believe it or not, most of these guys like to have something to do."

She continued to gently stroke the elf owl perched next to her. "Here, use Lenny."

[xD lenny. yes real creative....]
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

"You have no idea," Asami replied, cracking a smile as if her daddy issues were something every teenage witch went through. Maybe they did, but that didn't make it any easier for her. She glanced up at the owl Nefertiri recommended. "Wow. Didn't know you knew so much about owls. Show it off in class and you can become Professor Melgrove's favorite." Some students were concerned about that kind of thing, after all. They always strove for their teachers' approval, went to great lengths to show off. Asami hadn't hung around Nefertiri long enough to know if she was like that. Some popular kids sucked up to teachers like that so they could get away with more stuff during class. Asami herself had done it a few times throughout her years here. It was hard work most of the time, but the payoff was usually worth it. She tied her letter around Lenny's ankle, and soon, he was up in the air, flying off to deliver it. Asami was just glad to that she had gotten it all over with. Now she could ignore her father for a while longer until she felt compelled to correspond him again.
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:40 am

Neffie snorted. She would rather spend a week in the forbidden forest than suck up to any teacher. "Definitely not gonna happen, considering I'd sooner eat most of the creatures Professor Melgrove usually brings out."

She knew Asami was friends with her sister, Akasha. So it shouldn't be that big a deal to bring up her less than kosher eating habits. It was a fact of her life, or death. She watched the owl fly off into the night and looked longingly off after him. How she longed for the freedom of the night, rather than being stuck within the castle walls. It was stifling.

"That party last nigh was rather dull. I would have expected more from the slytherin common room." she said without much emotion.
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am

Asami laughed. "Maybe you should do it sometime in case things get boring. Entertainment is always needed in classes these days." Although truth be told, she sometimes forgot that Nefertiri was a vampire. She acted pretty human for a creature that could live to be over a thousand years old and drank people's blood. "Me too. I thought it would get a little more interesting," Asami agreed. "Looks like I'll have to hit up a club this weekend to find some fun. Sometimes the local wizards can be a bit more interesting than the ones around school."
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Neffie rolled her eyes. "Ain't that the truth. But no. I'd rather not let that particular side of me loose with that many people around, if you understand me..." she raised a single eyebrow. While it was generally pretty easy to control her urges, when she was in that mindset for blood, her urges were much more difficult to control.

She shrugged. "Perhaps." In truth, she desperately hoped that there was more fun to be had in Hogsmeade. "I sure hope they are. If I don't hook up with someone soon, things will get nasty" She grinned darkly and flashed a smile.
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:47 pm

"Oh, yeah, good point." Asami tended to forget about things like that. She could afford to lose control because she was human, but for vampires, it was a different story. If they lost control, their bloodlust might get out of control. Asami hadn't actually seen Nefertiri or Akasha like that though, and she wasn't sure if she wanted. "Ugh, you and me both. It's been ages since we came back from Christmas break and I still haven't found a cutie to flirt with. Did all the exciting people leave this school or what?" She sighed dramatically, as was her habit.
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am

Neffie nodded grimly. She and Akasha managed their more......animalistic instincts...quite well. Though, she couldn't say the same for the rest of her family.
Neffie raised an eyebrow. This girl was a partier? and yet friends with her sister??
"How the heck..." she began dubiously. "are you friends with my sister?!" She laughed lightly. "Yes, they must have. I'm going to have to find other sources for my entertainment soon..."
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

Asami shrugged, but she still smiled. "What can I say? Your sister has a good sense of humor. She makes me laugh. And she lets loose a little more once she gets comfortable with someone." Of course, Akasha was practically tame compared to Nefertiri. Asami knew that the Slytherin vampire got a lot wilder than her sister. "Other sources?" That caught Asami's interest. "Care it let in on what those might be? I might want to join you. You wouldn't want me wallowing in boredom, would you?" She made dramatic puppy-dog eyes.
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Nefertiri laughed dryly. "Akasha??! A sense of humor?! You're kidding right?" Humor was one of the last words she'd associate with her sister. She snorted. "She's my sister and I have yet to see dear Akasha 'let loose', as you put it. I have to practically drag her to any party to have any fun!"
She rolled her eyes. "I don't understand it..."
She grinned wickedly. "Yes, well when I finally find them I'll be sure to let you know. But not until after I have my own fun!"
She leaned back in the window, resting her elbows on the sill. "So...what are YOU doing for fun lately?"
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 pm

((Oh my God, I forgot all about this. I'm so sorry. T_T))

Asami shrugged. "Maybe she acts differently around people," she said. If Akasha ever acted weird, Asami usually assumed it was a vampire thing. "Alright, fine, have your own fun. But be sure to leave some fun for me," Asami said, smiling. "Wouldn't want to wear out any cute boys that happen to be there." She sighed in answer to Nefertiri's question. "Seems like the closest thing I find to fun is hunting around for it. There's nothing to do. Either everyone's uptight this year or I'm losing my touch, and I highly doubt it's the latter."
Back to top Go down
Nefertiri Wynters

Nefertiri Wynters

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am

Neffie rolled her eyes. "I guess it's possible. Unlikely...but possible." She listened passively to Asami's words. She grinned, her teeth shining in the moonlight. "Don't worry, when I find it, you'll know." Her eyes flashed red for a moment at the word' hunting'. Barely suppressed instincts flared to life in her gut. She supposed it was no wonder her parents had been reluctant to let her go to school. She had never been quite as...tame...as her sister. And her sister still wasn't considered completely tame by the wizarding community. She took a deep, shuddering breath.
"Yes," she said in a low voice. "things do seem to be different this year. You should hear everyone's frantic hearts. They're so noisy." She grimaced. "But just a few more years...hopefully Akasha's staying out of trouble." She shrugged.

Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Asami blinked. It looked like Nefertiri's eyes had flashed red for a moment. But when she looked again, they were gone, and Nefertiri was her usual self, if a bit more melancholy-sounding. Probably another vampire thing, she thought. That was usually the conclusion she came to whenever Nefertiri or Akasha did something out-of-the-ordinary. She laughed. "I bet that's amusing for you," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]   Creatures of the Night [OPEN!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Creatures of the Night [OPEN!]
Page 1 of 1