Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}

Go down 
+4
Evaine Moonblood
Emily Castle
Nani Pelekai
Miranda Melgrove
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} Empty
PostSubject: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Miranda strode around the lake to the spot she had told her students. A blue bird rested on her shoulder, watching her surroundings curiously. She was definitely ready to begin teaching. While her summer had been fantastic, full of travel and intrigue, it was nothing compared to watching young men and women learn about the creatures around them. Today, she wanted to introduce them to a creature most of them knew, and many feared. They saw him day after day, poking a tentacle or two out of the lake's water. Some of the older students, of course, had realized how docile he really was, but it was just as important for them to know all about the squid they shared the grounds with.
She looked across the grounds towards the castle. They should be arriving soon enough. She had sent owls to each of them over the past few days letting them know the location of today's lesson. She turned to glance across the lake.
"You better behave today," she half whispered with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Nani Pelekai

Nani Pelekai

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:38 am

((First for the first time! XD))

Nani walked down to the place where Miss Melgrove said by her owl.. She already knew her thanks to Sitka but not as he knew her.. She giggled a little and kept walking wordering what she was going to teach today.. Luckily her house had this teacher, she had hear that the other Care of the Magical Creatures teacher was a little crazy and she didn't want to mess things up even in this class..
She arrived at the place looking around and saw only the teacher.. Was she the first?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:10 am

The bird on Miranda's shoulder gave a small tweet, alerting her to the approach of someone else. She turned around to find...Nani!
"Nani!" She exclaimed, hurrying forward for a hug. "It's so good to see you!"
She stepped away from the girl, smiling. She was a young woman now, there was no doubt. She had gained a bright air of confidence in the last year.
"How was your summer? Your brother tells me he was up to his old tricks again!" She laughed with a wink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:36 am

Pippa giggled, skidding to a halt beside the teacher and Nani. "hi!" she chirped happily and grinned at the blue bird. "so! what're we learning about today? nixies? centaurs? unicorns? merfolk?" she spoke rapidly, looking around curiously for the subject of today's lesson.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:00 am

Emily walked by herself to the place where the class was going to be... She glanced over the forbidden forest, and she chilled slightly... She still wanted to go over there and explore, but due the past events, she would only go with someone she would trust very much...
As she got closer to the black lake, she heard some voices, and she hoped she wasn't late... But one voice stood from the others, and she ran to where she tought the person was...

''Pippa, you abadonned me!!'' She said playful, and pocket her head... ''I'll have a conversation with Mr Filch, he doesn't let me have any time with you anymore!!'' Then she hugged her friend tight, and glanced to Prof Melgrove. She chuckled lightly broking the hug, and greeted her...
''Hi, Prof Melgrove. I hope I'm not late!'' She smiled sweetly to the woman... She was very happy she was her teacher, and if wasn't her, perhaps Emily couldn't be among them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:33 am

Miranda shifted her attention to the young Hufflepuffs.
Smiling warmly down at the two of them she said, "Why hello, girls! Miss Castle, it's good to see you again. I trust you are fairing better than our last encounter? And Miss Filch, you will soon see!" She said with a laugh. "We'll just wait a couple more minutes for the rest of the class to show up."
Her eyes lit at the lightheartedness of the girls. They were so full of energy and excitement.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Evaine just made it as she took her shoes off walking up towards the group, smiling at the teacher she was glad it was Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, not slytherin. Heck Gryffindors would even do but it seems like some of the teachers liked putting Ravenclaws with slytherin alot. "Hello Miss. Melgrove." she waved then glanced seeing Emily "Hi Emi.". Evaine needed to thank her about what happened with leroy, Emily was the big part of the reason she got away.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Emily smiled brightly at the teacher... ''Yeah, I'm much better now... You really saved me, Prof Melgrove!'' She said as casually she could, and walked to the teacher to give her a hug. Before walking away from the hugged, she said quietly next to her ear... ''Thank you! Thank you so much!! I own my life to you!'' And she gave her a sincere glance.

She tilted her head to see who had come, and she smiled widely seeing Eva. ''Eva!!'' Emily ran to her, and gave her a tight hug. She took her hand, and walked next to Pippa... ''I think I didn't introduce you properly... Eva, this is Pippa, my best friend since forever, and Pippa, this is Eva, my older sister since I got in Hogwards!!'' She giggled at the way she introduced the girls, and felt like herself again, even better.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:03 pm

'Why did I wake up this morning. Really. WHY DID I WAKE UP. I'm already in a flippin' wheelchair. IN A WHEELCHAIR. I do not need to have a mini heart attack in this thing.'

Brie's thoughts were rushing back and forth through her tired mind as she rolled herself towards the lake, tension building up in her body as she got closer. She had an inkling as to what the lesson-- no, torture session was going to be centered around, and she was scared out of her honest mind. 'I've already gotten stuck in this damn mud once,' she muttered, jerking on one of her wheels, "Ah, shiiiit," she growled, rolling her eyes as she got back on track.

She got closer to the group, smiling weakly at the teacher. She seemed sweet, but Brieanne had never taken the time to actually have a decent out-of-class conversation with her. "Hello, Miss Melgrove," she said, looking over at Evaine and the others. She spotted Nani and smiled. Brie hadn't seen her since school had started. "Hi, Nani," she said, hoping she wouldn't freak out over the fact that she was in a wheelchair, "How've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Jim was pretty happy to having lessons with Professor Melgrove this year instead of Professor Hawthorne. The latter could be pretty eccentric when it came to teaching her students. He had only spoken to Professor Melgrove once, but she seemed a little more calm and level-minded than the other teacher. By the time he got down to the lake, there were a good number of people there already. He spotted Evaine and Brieanne near each other and smiled in their direction. He also spotted Nani and he gave her a little wave. He hadn't seen her much since she had given him and Evaine some flying tips. And it looked like Pippa had arrived as well, standing out with her bright red pigtails. He gave a brief "Hi," towards Professor Melgrove before going to join Evaine and Brieanne.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Pippa giggled "I'm sorry~! I've just been getting in trouble with dad lately" she smiled and hugged her friend. "I'm so happy to see you though!" Pippa let go and turned to her teacher, tilting her head. "can we see now?" no, class hadn't started. bus she was so excited! she looked around curiously at the other girls. "hey Em, pranked anyone lately?" she looked at the dark skinned girl in the wheelchair. "I wonder if she's ok, Em...let's go talk to her and cheer her up" she skipped over to Brianne. "Hi! I'm Pippa! are you alright?" she waved at Jim as he approached and then turned her attention back to Brianne
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:19 pm

''It's alright, silly!'' Emily shoved her, and turned her glance where Pippa was looking... ''If you had been on muggle class, you wouldn know her... She's Brieanne, but I don't know what happened to her...'' Emily said in secrecy to Pippa. ''Let's go there!'' She said joyful. Brieanne semmed a little better, and Emily was more than happy to cheer the girl up...

''Hi, I'm Emily...'' She introduced herself, widening her eyes slightly seeing Jim approaching them. She shook her head, and turned her attention to Brie.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Brieanne gave a slight wave to Jim as he came over, blinking as two younger girls approached her as well, "Wow, I must have a fanclub or something," she commented, chuckling nervously. She blinked as the girls introduced theirselves, obviously impressed with their giddiness. "Well hi there, Emily, Pippa.. nice to meet you two. I'm Brieanne.. call me Brie for short, okay sweethearts?" she said gently, giving them a warm smile, "It was very sweet of you to come and, um.. check on me. Really, really thoughtful of you two. I'm just fine, thank you. Really made my day."

The two girls seemed sweet enough, she concluded. It almost made her want to cry because nobody had ever spontaneously been compelled enough to check on her, and the fact that they were almost complete strangers to her just made the deed even more jaw-dropping. She shook herself out of her thoughts, directing her next question to the entire surrounding group, "So.. are you guys looking forward to the class?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Jim tried to remember the name of the black-haired girl that Pippa was with. Emily, was it? He remembered her vaguely from his Defense Against the Dark Arts class. She seemed a lot like Pippa: cheerful, smiley, like nothing was wrong with the world. Although he didn't miss the way her eyes widened when she looked at him. But he just shrugged it off. After all, the majority of this school still thought he was a freak, despite him making some friends this year. He had had to deal with it for his first four years here anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Pippa smiled at Brianne. "hi Brie. I'm glad you're feeling better, I don't like seeing people get hurt very much" her sunny face clouded for a moment before clearing again. this girl looked like she was going to cry, she should be happy so the girl wouldn't cry. "yea! I am! I've seen lots of magic creatures with my uncle, but really learning and studying them is going to be brilliant!" she giggled and jumped to Jim, giving him a random hug. "hi Jim! how are you?! this is my friend Emily! we grew up together"
she beamed at him and at Emily. "he's a friend! I met him in the owlry"
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Evaine smiled as Emily ran up hugging her then dragged her over to meet Pippa but before she could say anything they spot brie and ran towards her. Eva lightly smiled then sat down on the grass watching the other students chatting and having a fun time as for her Eva just held her knees lowering her head down trying to find a quiet place to go. She didn't even spot Jim at all, she could hear his voice but Eva just sat there thinking to herself about things, sighing she closed her eyes blocking out everyone's voice for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:04 pm

''Our pleasure, Brie! Nice to meet you too'' Emily said with a sweet smile to Brie. She thought the best she could do was spreading her happines around. And Brie looked a bit bright with their approaching.
When Brie asked about what they expected from the class, Emily said, glancing from Brie to the lake, and then back to Brie. She avoid eyes contact with Jim the best she could do... ''I swan on the lake once, and saw something stranger, yet funny, on the waters... I'm very curious at what Prof Melgrove will teach us today...'' She said smiling fondly to Brie.

Emily didn't dare to look to Jim, even when Pippa introduced them and told her he was a friend....Where was Maggie when I need her?? She thought, feeling a bit nervous now... She took a deep breath, and looked to Jim in the end. She really needed to face him sometime. She wasn't a fearful person, and she looked into her blue eyes and said shyly... ''Hi...'' She said shyly, and waved her hand weakly... Then she saw red eyes and widened hers. She hid her face with both hands, hiding the fear on her eyes, and sat on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Boleyn

Valerie Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:07 pm

valerie skipped down the hill towards the lake as she wondered if she was late or not, seeing that there was already a somewhat large group formed the blonde walked up passing some onf the students as she spot jim "HII!" she yelled waving her hands then looked around at the other students seeing a girl with ravenblack hair sitting by herself? "Eva?" she wonder seeing she looked scared about something walking up toward her Val sat next to the girl "Are you alright?" she asked
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Miranda couldn't help but smile as the younger girls approached Miss Devereaux. From what little she had seen of the Ravenclaw, it seemed she could use the two little rays of sunshine in her life. Though, she WAS surprised that she was in a wheelchair. Sitka was a fantastic healer. Noone had ever left him incapacitated.
She returned Emily's tight hug. "Don't think anything of it, sweetie."
She returned Mr. Hawkins's hello and continued to watch the students interact. This was actually a vital part of teaching. You had to learn the dynamics of any class before you can truly KNOW how to run a particular session. It looked as though the majority of the class had arrived by now. She glanced at the still water, wondering if she should wait another minute or not.
She loved her students more than she could say. A genuine smile seemed frozen on her face.
She waited a moment then decided she would start and anyone else who showed up could just fall in. All of the students knew she wasn't a stickler for being on time.
Glancing at the blue bird on her shoulder, she muttered, "Care to get everyone's attention, Gladys?"
The bird loosed a piercing whistle that startled the assembled students.
She smiled out at them as they turned to face her.
"We're going to get started now, and if anyone else is coming you can catch them up, right? Well, first question. Can you tell me what creatures live in the Black Lake?"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:38 pm

"Well, that's a nice mentality to have about classes, Pippa. Interesting. I guess this class will be okay.. I hope," Brie said, adding '..'cause I'm already in a wheelchair. The only thing worse than that is death or bed confinement for life.. and I don't need that.' in her mind. She smiled warmly at Emily, noticing the similarities between them quite quickly. "You two could be soul sisters.. are you close friends?" Brie asked, trying to get mind off of the 'people getting hurt' comment made by Pippa.

Honestly, she didn't remember her first year. One, particularly because it was Hell in a building, and Two, it was the start of the downfall of her life. She just blocked out any and every memory of her first two years. She would do the same for every other year except for the fact that she couldn't. Her uncle, or rather, FATHER made it physically and mentally impossible to do so.. and it sucked.

Brieanne jumped a bit after the bird let out a whistle, biting her lip as she kept her shaking hands in the comfort of her lap. The Black Lake? Ah, hell.. this was not going to be for the faint-hearted type of lesson Brie had wanted after all.

Last edited by Brieanne Devereaux on Wed May 30, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emily Castle

Emily Castle

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:47 pm

A piecing whistle took Emily away from her numbness... She stood up from the ground glanced everyone around her, saying shyly to Brie... ''I'm sorry about that, Brie... It's a memory that came to me... And yes, Pippa and I are very close. We are friends since we used diapers'' She laughed a little, and bit her lip after, and glancing around seeing the group, and not spoting Maggie. She was afraid, and she didn't like to feel like this... She needed to talk to Jim, alone if it was necessary... Perhaps that could be better for her, it would help her being stronger... She glanced to Jim, not seeing his eyes... ''I need need to talk to you after class, Jim...'' Then she turned her attention to Prof Melgrove... She didn't know what creatures lived on the lake, and she shut her mouth to not play the dumb.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

((For some reason, Emily's reaction to Jim reminds of BBC's Sherlock, when Sherlock goes in to question a little girl and she starts screaming as soon as he enters the room. I'm such a Cumberbitch. XD))

Jim gave a little wave to Emily in response, although his stomach twisted in an uncomfortable way when he saw her suddenly hid her face with her hands and sat on the ground, as if she was frightened. What the heck did he do? He glanced at Pippa, wondering if she had any answers. He looked away for a second, noticing that Eva was off by herself, almost in the same position as Emily. Valerie was already with her, but Jim worried if Evaine was worrying about something. Maybe Leroy? Or her mother? "Yeah, sure," he said to Emily, barely acknowledging her request to talk to him as he made his way to Evaine. "Eva, you okay?" he asked softly, reaching to place a hand on her shoulder. "Are you feeling sick? You shouldn't be outside if you're not feeling well." He looked up at Professor Melgrove's question, wondering what exactly she had in store for them. "Uh...mermaids?" he guessed, hoping that she hadn't picked them to study in their first class. Mermaids were known to be vicious creatures, and not very attractive, either.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Miranda noticed Devereaux's twisting hands. But there was no way to make her feel any less uncomfortable at this point.
"Uh...mermaids?"
She smiled approvingly at the Ravenclaw boy. "Correct, Mr. Hawkins. Though, they prefer to be referred to as Merfolk as there are more than just females down there." She glanced around at the rest of the class. "Anyone else? I know there's one that you all should have noticed by now!"
Back to top Go down
Valerie Boleyn

Valerie Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:22 pm

"Why don't you sit next to her placing your arm around her? maybe that would make her feel better? Val asked raising her eyebrow at Jim then smiled at Eva "can i play with your hair please, oh please!!' she asked cupping her hands together.
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Evaine lift up her head smiling at the blonde giving her a small wave before Jim came over asking if she was alright "Just a little tummy act, no need to worry Jim." she gave him a small smile "I don't want to go back inside." she pouted not wanting to see Leroy as Val told him to sit next to her. "can i play with you hair!" Val begged with her eyes lit "Umm sure?" Eva said a little shocked that someone would even want to play with her hair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}   First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff} Empty

Back to top Go down

First Care of Magical Creatures Class {Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next