Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:17 am

Jessica winced slightly. "Great, another Boggart just hanging about, just what we need. I guess it's better than dead bodies, though... maybe. It might be fun, though. Do you still know how to get there? Might be something else to get me out of the library, eh?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:10 am

"I haven't gone in there for years! and...I just broke through a window. probably boarded up now, it's been a while" he grinned slightly. "sure, we can check it out if you want to" anything for her. unhealthy devotion? probably. but who was going to call him on it?
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:14 am

Jessica grinned a little wider. She couldn't help it though she tried to stop herself.

"Great! I'll hold you to that. Didn't know you'd go so happily, though. After all, ghosts," she said, raising an eyebrow. Perhaps it was a little silly of her to assume there were ghosts in there, but hey, there were ghosts drinking tea a couple of corridors from her bedroom every day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:25 am

shrugged, although inside he was getting a little nervous. "hey, I doubt there are any. after all, there weren't when I went in last time. unless they're killed there, it's hard for ghosts to effectively haunt a place" at least....that was what he'd read in books, and Fionn really hoped those books were worth the money he'd spent on them. as in, right about the ghost thing.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:31 am

"Well, I'm sure someone was killed there. Or at least near there. Or maybe a few bugs." She laughed a little when she saw the nervous look in his features- a little cruel to do so, perhaps, but she couldn't help it. "Come on, they can't hurt you. I'll make sure of it," she added with a wink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:37 am

he gave a theatrical shudder. "you're so mean" he grinned at the promise, tilting his head. "isn't that a little...backwards?" the image of hiding behind Jessica wouldn't go away and he couldn't stop laughing at it. "but thatnks, I'll remember that" Fionn gave her a thankful smile. "you were hungry" he looked in amusement at her empty plate. "good thing I dragged you away?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:05 am

Jessica looked down in surprise. Huh. Guess I was a little hungry then

"Maybe you just don't eat quick enough," she said, reaching for her Butterbeer. "Maybe I'll concede to going to the Great Hall more often then. I didn't really realise how much time I spent in the Common Room or the Library." Considering I'm not even working half the time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:23 am

He rolled his eyes. “you know that’s not true” he was one of the fastest eaters, even at some points sacrificing table manners for speed. “yes, this is what I’ve been telling you. You don’t need to spend all your time holed up in the common rooms or library” he had a feeling she did it more out of the need to hide than the need to study. “how are you, Jess. Really. You barely go out anymore, and that scarf is practically glued to your face when you do” he finished off his meal and drank the butterbeer. “it’s not healthy, believe me”
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:28 am

"It's cold outside!" she said defensively, feeling herself blushing. "I'm just testing out reactions one at a time, okay? I don't have to be a Gryffindor and just march around like nothing's happened. It might not be healthy but it's nicely slow and sensible"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:52 am

"it's 70 degrees. too warm for a scarf" he was being mean and he knew it. he didn't want her angry at him but he couldn't help it, even though he was being hypocritical. "I don't think even the stupidest Gryffindor does that. and if you stay that way for years? will you wear it for the rest of your life?" Fionn glared at her then sighed and held up his gloved hands. "you're becoming a little like me and I don't want to see you like that"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Jessica stared wide eyed at his gloves when he held up his hands pointedly. She was still a little shocked at his tone, but suddenly felt a little frightened for him. They were meant to be some sort of fashion statement...

"There's nothing wrong with you," she said quietly after a moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:25 am

he put his hands down, smiling a little bitterly. "no, I just have a bad attitude and a mean streak. just for clarification, I might be bad at transfiguration, but I didn't turn my hands into claws or anything. it's....well, I guess in some cases it would be worse than that" he shrugged. he wasn't going to show her yet. or ever, if he could get away with it. "all I'm saying is be proud of who you are, you're you no matter what you look like. the Jess I know hasn't changed at all. why? because I never paid attention to her looks, just her mind" he began drinking the butterbeer again, mainly to hide the deep blush. he'd never said that much of how he felt. about anything. but she really needed a pep talk...
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:45 am

Jessica smiled a little warily in return, trying to at least look positive. She forced herself to look away from the gloves, certain that he didn't want them questioning. And of course, she wouldn't question it... yet.

"I was thinking scales rather than claws," she said with a force laugh, though she bit her lip nervously. "Fine. Fine, I won't wear the scarf anymore. Much. I'll try." Jessicca took a sip of her Butterbeer again, blushing. She had to admit that Fionn really did know how to embarrass her at times. Not cruelly, of course, but she felt quite thoroughly put in her place. She pushed past it though and laughed nervously. "You know, for a bully, you're really into these pep talks of yours."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:50 am

he grinned. even though his hands were a tough subject, that comment was kind of funny. "wolf paws? I've still got opposable thumbs, but that would be kind of cool..." he snickered and shrugged. "hey, who says I give them out to everyone? I've never really wanted to, you know, hurt you or Molly. you're my two best friends pretty much. and my only friends... anyway, not the point. you needed a pep talk" he shrugged and smiled. success! she'd stop hiding behind the scarf. "if anyone give you trouble I will hurt them Jess. they've got no right to judge"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:07 am

She couldn't help but smile. It was somewhat flattering to be considered one of his friends if such a group of people really was as elite as he said.

"You can try, but I think you'll find I'll beat you to the punch," she said. "When people say things, I expect to be the only person exacting revenge." Jessica stretched slowly, feeling suddenly the most relaxed she had felt in absolutely ages. It really was such a lovely place to be considering the length of time she'd spent working either in the library, or the Common Room, or the orphanage. "You know, I've missed Hogsmeade. We don't have anywhere to go in the summer, it's all rather dull. I don't suppose it's the same with you- I'd kill to take a look at all the Muggle stuff, Muggle Studies really doesn't cut it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:28 am

He scratched his head. “I live in a really small village, not much to see, but I guess it would be cool for someone who’s never seen it…if you want, you can come home with me during breaks. I’d offer to Molly, but her grandmother and the fact she’s always putting me in a skirt…” he shrugged. “and I wouldn’t worry about language barrier or looks, most people speak English and trust me, you wouldn’t bring out a lot of attention, we’ve got fairy hills” any person with strange appearances were ‘fairy-touched” or “fairy-born”, even among the “not superstisiouis” people. “and believe it or not, but muggles know about a rare genetic disorder that causes someone to grow hair all over their body. As long as you pass it off as that, they wouldn’t freak out, although the kids might ask you what it’s like living with fairies..” he chuckled. was this coming across as desperate?
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:42 am

"Fairies? Huh, I like it. I mean, I'm guessing they don't mean real fairies, but it sounds kind of... nice, I guess," she finished lamely with a small laugh. "Must be awfully boring up there if you'd really want me as company. I might not put you in a skirt but I know for a fact I wake up at least an hour earlier than you do and I would ensure that there weren't any of those silly things you average people call lie-ins. And I'll also have you know that living with fairies resigns me to a certain amount of secrecy, they won't get a peep out of me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:51 am

He laughed. “well, I think it’s boring but you might like it. My brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews would like you a lot” he grinned. “maybe you’d like my brother’s auto-repair shop. Seeing a car or whatever I guess would be cool..” he shrugged. “mm…I wake up early at home, I’ve got my own jobs and stuff I do. So if you want to explore in early morning, I can join you. And so will my little siblings, probably” he laughed. “no, not real fairies. In Irish stories, a good few are lightly furred and have tails” he paused and let that sink in for a moment. “well, don’t mind them if they make up stories and ask you if they got it right” he chuckled, and shrugged again.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:00 am

Jessica tilted her head slightly and furrowed her brow.

"Auto-repair? But if it's automatic then why is there a shop for it?" She'd never understand Muggles... "Really? Well, I can't disappoint them if they ask me then, I shall have to be one of those fairies. Might be the easiest story to blag my way through," she said, laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:06 am

ohh...right... "automobile shop" it's for cars. they break down and people need them fixed" he laughed. "that for the kids, but for the adults, I'd say go with the rare-genetic disorder because every muggle knows, magic doesn't exist" he laughed even harder. "only the kids seem to know the truth, but they lose it as they grow up, it's kind of sad..."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:12 am

Jessica sighed, a little forlorn. "Shame I won't be seventeen for ages, wouldn't you love to see the look on their faces if they did believe in magic? Guess it wouldn't be a good idea, though. There's enough panic in the wizarding world, I guess Muggles are far easier to spook." She finished off the dregs of Butterbeer left in her mug and sighed theatrically. "Shame really they don't know about magic, can you imagine how much this stuff would make?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:27 am

He laughed. “well, my family knows, but they’re sworn to secrecy. And…” he scratched his cheek. “it’s…complicated. You’ll see what I mean when you come. They believe and they don’t. they’ve got plenty of scientific things to explain why some people act or look the way they do, magic has no place in their world really” he shrugged. “it’ll be a good learning experience though. Maybe you should ask for extra credit in Muggle Studies if you write a paper on your experience in my village-not that you're bad at it, but extra points never hurt anyone” Fionn finished his drink off and sighed happily. "brought some home once, my sis has been trying to figure out a variation of it that doesn't involve magic ever since. I'd say the butterscotch concoction she came up with over the summer is pretty close"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:31 am

"If anyone can even come close to this stuff, I don't care what the Hogwarts student list says, that person is absolutely magic," Jessica said. "That's a little odd of them. I mean, I've heard some of the stuff Muggles do- it's magic, even if they're going to call it science. Have you ever watched one of those teleboxes? There's people inside them! If that's not some sort of Muggle magic then I don't know what is."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:01 am

“well, even if she is, it’s not like she can really say anything at home...” he shrugged. Then gawked at her for a moment before laughing so harnd he was half laying on the table struggling to breath from the force of his laughter. He knew it was probably mean but he couldn’t help it. “that…that…oh man…you know how we’ve got spells that make illusions and stuff? Yea? That’s all a tellie is. If you took it apart, there wouldn’t be any people at all. And…I don’t know how to explain how it works for you to understand it” he couldn’t stop laughing, and people were staring. It was like listening to his four-year-old niece explain how a phone worked. “sorry, Jess. I…I can’t help it. I’m just so used to this stuff…I am showing you a phone and a gameboy during break” he took a deep breath and sighed. “I’m not making fun of you, trust me”
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:08 am

Jessica narrowed her eyes slightly. "Fine then, how does a tele-thing work? If it's not just a spell." She poked her tongue out before laughing as well, shaking her head. "I'm not even going to think of asking what a Gameboy is, I'm pretty sure it's not what I'm thinking. Seriously, I'll never understand how you can keep hold of two worlds in your head, I can barely handle the one!" Really, when Jessica thought about it, it was quite an amazing feat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)   just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

just a butterbeer? (tag Jessica)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next