Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} Empty
PostSubject: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am

Molly entered the dorm room with little energy. She was wiped out from the day's events and couldn't wait to get to bed. She was half looking forward to classes and half dreaded them, knowing they'd be much harder this year than before. At least John was her Uncle and that Transfiguration's class was one of her best subjects - that would be an easy Outstanding. The rest, except for maybe Defense Against the Dark Arts, would be a little more challenging. She really just wanted to have fun and play quidditch, to be honest.

Being the first one in the room, Molly scanned to see which bed she wanted to claim. There was a window bed that she contemplated taking, but in the end she took the bed closest to the door. Why? Because it would be easier to sneak in and out at night and not wake up the other girls. With a large grin, Molly placed her trunk at the foot of the bed and flopped down with an exaggerated huff. The bed's were surprisingly comfortable here and the sheets were always kept clean and smelled nice. Propping herself up on her elbows, she glanced around the room once more and wondered who she'd get stuck rooming with this year. Hopefully people who wouldn't mind her and vice versa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Alice walked into the dorm, personally glad to be back at Hogwarts, but hating the flight of stairs she was forced to take again.

She had no energy since she first got on the train. She had a feeling it would be a long year.

She looked up and smiled at Molly. "Hey, Molly." She said, waving and walking over to the bed by the window.

It was always easier for her to sneak out as a cat through the window at night, especially nights of the full moon.

She pulled out her schedule and looked it over. She would have to remember to meet with her sisters when she could to discuss the days of switching.

She could play her sisters roles very well, and they could play hers as well, even Aimee could, when she stepped into the role.

Alice only knew of a few who knew about the switches; as far as she could tell, the teachers have yet to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm

When Alice walked in, Molly sat up fully. She crossed her legs and rested her hands in the small space between them so as to lean forward slightly. A small smile crossed her face. "Hey Alice," She greeted in return. Generally, it was hard to tell the Sanders sisters apart, but seeing as they were in the Gryffindor dormitories, it was safe to say it was Alice.

Molly cocked her head to the side for a moment, pondering in silence. She got along with Alice alright, as she did with most people. She hadn't really made friends with her all too much, more like acquaintances over the past few years. They were both good in Transfiguration, Molly remembered, but that might have been one of the only things they had in common. Either way, everything would be civil in the dorms so far; though, now thinking about it, Molly got along with most of the Gryffindor girls - enough that she didn't fight with them anyway.

"How are you doing?" Molly asked casually, looking in Alice's direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Alice looked over at Molly. "Good, had an exciting time on the train." She said, her voice hinted with sarcasm. "How about you? Do anything exciting this summer?" She asked.

"Looking forward to Transfigurations this year?" She asked, knowing Molly and her were both good at it, which always made it fun when you were with someone who enjoyed a class too.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Molly hinted the sarcasm and nodded, wondering who she had sat with to get that response. She shrugged it off and smiled once more. "Same, pretty much. Didn't do all that much, you know, just hung around, played quidditch, the works," Moll told her. No need to go into full detail, most of it was spent taking care of her grandmother, going through a few nurses before finding a good one, Ted. She picked up on some odd jobs here and there just to make sure that they wouldn't completely run out of money, even though her grandmother had quite a lot in the bank and a good retirement plan.

"Oh yes," Molly smiled widely. "I haven't really bothered to look at my time table yet, but I'm really hoping to get Jo-Professor Smith." She knew she would have to remember to call him Professor Smith instead of John, Johnny, or Uncle John. Didn't need him spreading around her childish nickname - that was his threat, after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Alice smiled. "Mine was okay, the usual of trying to get out of having to where the same things as my sisters. It's really hard to dress individually when your parents want you to show off how identical you look." She said, shrugging.

"He's your uncle, right? He's pretty good, I enjoy his way of teaching and he's helpful if you have a question." She said, remembering all the times she studied in his class.

Alice also had him to thank for her getting the note into the restricted sections for the paper for his class.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

"Oh man, that must really suck," Molly chuckled. She wondered to herself only for a slight second what it would be like to have a brother or sister, but then she always had Peter - he was close enough to a brother. Though, identical sisters would definitely be weird. Molly didn't think she'd like it as much.

"Yup!" Molly smiled. "He's a little odd... and his head is always somewhere else, but he's always helped me before - even when he wasn't teaching - with Transfiguration. Perhaps that's why I'm so good at it..." Molly trailed off, resting her finger on her chin. Whatever the case, she was glad she was good at Transfiguration. That made it possible for her to become an animagus - which gave her quite a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 pm

"It does." Alice said, shrugging.

"Even if his mind is elsewhere, he's good at what he does." She said, knowing she had him to thank for a lot of things.

"Planning any pranks yet?" She asked, with a sneaky grin, knowing how Molly was the Queen of pranks.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

"This is definitely true," Moll smiled at Alice's comment about John. She leaned back on her hands and stared up at the ceiling for a moment before Alice asked if she was planning any pranks. A known fire lit up in Molly's eyes and she smirked devilishly before glancing back at Alice.

"Always, darling, always," Molly laughed. "Not sure yet which one I'm going to do for my first one. Something big, I'm hoping. Bought quite a lot of materials and had to sneak them into my trunk without letting anyone know I had them. Gotta figure out who I want as my target first." Molly told her. Either she'd do a harmless one during dinner, target one house in general, a group of people, or just one person. With all those choices, it was quite hard to decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Alice let out a little laugh. "Can't wait to see what you do. It's always a treat seeing one of your pranks. I bet if I told you to try to avoid me, you would go after me, won't you?" She asked, with a knowing smile.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:45 am

"Aw, well, you flatter me," Molly laughed, scratching the back of her head. "Nah, don't worry, I wouldn't target you... yet." Molly joked. If she did make her the subject of one of her pranks, it would probably be something innocent - she did, after all, have to share a room with her for the rest of the school year.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 am

Jessica stumbled into the room and cursed inwardly. Great, last. She unravelled the scarf she had forced herself to wear the entirety of the feast, smiling as warmly as she could towards the two girl. They had been talking before she entered the room and seemed to be getting along quite nicely- it was a nice change to see a peaceful room after the train ride over and the feast.

"I'm pretty sure I got lost last year too," Jessica said. "All these years and I'm still not used to the stairs changing."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 am

"Hey Jessica," Molly greeted with a smile. She snorted slightly and nodded. "I know; you'd think we'd all be used to them by now... but they're such a pain in the butt. Especially if you're running late for class and the stairs decided to take you in the opposite direction! Sometimes I think they do more harm than good."

Molly laid back on her bed, resting her head in her head; her elbow propped up on the soft covers. She let a small yawn pass her lips, nothing all too much. "So how was your summer? I hadn't gotten a chance to ask on the train."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 am

Jessica shuddered involuntarily at the question. It certainly hadn't been the best of summers.

"Not too bad I guess," she lied, sitting on the edge of her bed and bouncing slightly, getting a feel for it- far better than the ones in the orphanage. "We had a few new kids come in a few weeks before I came back, really little and all but spiteful little brats. I've been living under the delightfully creative pseudonym 'Ratty Rat' for the past six weeks."

She fell back onto the bed, relishing it. It was good to be home.

"Still, no more of them for a while. How about your holiday? Both of you, that is," she added, giivng a quick nod to the triplet. She made a mental note to herself to stop referring to them as such, but it was a force of habit by this point
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:15 am

Molly nodded slightly. "That's a shame," Molly noted, "But I suppose kids will be kids." Though, she was sure they were probably displacing. After all, to be sent to an orphanage didn't always put people into a right state of mind. Molly was fortunate enough to have been taken in by her grandparents after her parent's died and even then, she felt that perhaps her Uncle would have if they didn't. She was unsure of how her father's side of the family would have done - she knew she had two uncles and an aunt, but she had never met them. Molly was lucky, that's what it came down to.

"Eh, you know, just a simple summer. Nothing all too special, but it was good. I'm a bit glad to be back, though," Molly smiled. She wouldn't go into much detail, same as before. And she was glad to be back, but she was starting to worry about her grandmother. She should send her a letter tomorrow. Though she'd have to write two - one as Molly and one as Helene; Ted would separate them accordingly to her grandmother's mental state.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 am

"Those stairs led me right to Flinch once when I was running late to class once in my first year.... Not a please experience." She said, with a slight shudder.

"Summer was okay. Mom was trying to figure out how to get Anna to style her hair more similar to Aimee's and mine again... That was basically the highlight was when Anna fighting off Mom's enchanted hair brush and scissors." She said, with a slight laugh.

"In all honesty, I'm just really glad to be back here... I love my parents, but I do need the space, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Molly snickered. Yeah, meeting up with Filch was scary. He wasn't all too fond of students, Gryffindor's especially. Molly smiled warmly as Alice continued on. She looked down and traced patterns on her blanket. She couldn't help but wonder what that would be like. She shook off the thought.

"Yeah..." Molly nodded, though she didn't quite know what it felt like. She let out a long yawn and stretched. "Well, girls, I'm hitting the hay. G'night!" She told them. Before she could even go to bed though, she moved into the bathroom and changed into her pajamas. She slipped under her covers then and the second her head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.

///////////the next morning////////////

Molly let out a soft groan as she awoke. She sat up tiredly and looked about groggily before forcing herself to get out of bed and go get ready for classes. Moving as if she were a zombie, Molly grabbed her uniform, towel, and other necessities and headed toward the bathroom.

Molly took a relatively quick shower, long enough to wash her hair twice and get all the suds out - which was hard because she had so much hair. Being a little more awake now, thanks to the shower, Molly brushed her teeth, dried her hair, and got dressed into her robes. She stared into the mirror for a moment, wonder what to do with her hair. She could put it up like she always did... or she could leave it down. She didn't quite want to do either and decided to change it up for once, putting her hair into pigtail braids. It looked decent, she thought, and left the bathroom and back into the dorm room.

With the others still slumbering, Molly moved quietly toward the door, opened it with quite ease, and slipped off to go down to the common room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}   First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly} Empty

Back to top Go down

First Night of the Year at Hogwarts {Jessica, Alice, Molly}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: