Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And now the wheels of heaven stop,

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

And now the wheels of heaven stop, Empty
PostSubject: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder.

Gwyneira had been enjoying the ball somewhat when everything had gone rather blank. When Neira regained consciousness, she noticed that she was no longer in the ballroom. She sat up, a little too fast, and noticed there were two younger boys unconscious in the room. Oh Merlin, she hoped they were okay. After checking their vitals, Neira sat down and closed her eyes, rubbing her temples. Here were the things she knew: they were in a cell, she couldn't remove her mask, her wand was gone, and their outlook did not exactly look bright. She bit her lip, almost willing herself to have a vision, but she knew that they didn't work that way. She just wanted to make sure she or anyone else down here had a future to go to.

Gwyn played with the engagement ring on her finger, glancing down at it. "Oh, James, perhaps... I should have stayed with you," she murmured to herself.
Back to top Go down
Tony Rogers

Tony Rogers

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Tony woke slowly, a sickening, familiar throbbing in his head. With the silence around him, it was hard to equate, but he was almost sure he'd felt the same way when he'd woken up in Billy's arms with a corpse in the corner of the room and a furious Irishman attacking them both. The same, scratchy-dry throat and spinning headache. He pressed a hand to his mouth and rolled on his side, determined not to let bile rise out of his throat. His heart was racing and he could hear nothing as blood raced through his brain, sending his heartbeat rocking against his skull.

No no no, this couldn't be the same. No, it couldn't!

He began to breath deeply and calm himself. After a few moments, his heartbeat slowed and his stomached managed to settle somewhat. That's when the dank, thick scent of moss and condensation hit his nose. Cautiously, he opened his eyes to the thick stone walls of a dungeon. Bars lined one side of the room and two people lined the other side. A woman and another boy about his age.

At the sight of others, Tony quickly sat up and leaned against the wall of their prison. His dance clothes didn't allow him much room to get comfortable, so he sat as curled up as he could manage, his hands in his lap. The woman was already awake, and when he caught her gaze he dropped his eyes to his hands, suddenly nervous.

"H-how... What--" He paused, not even sure what he wanted to ask first. What had happened? Why were they there? What was going on? Where was Billy? He swallowed and tried again. "Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Gwyneira's head snapped upwards towards the now awake boy. A sympathetic smile formed on her face; she had to try and keep calm. She wasn't sure exactly what was going on or how things would end - which made her anxious, as seeing the future was a gift of hers.

Gwyn stood up and moved over to the boy, kneeling down to him, her red dress poofed out over her. "Shh," she told him, a bit calming. "Look, I will not lie to you." She bit her bottom lip. "I am... unsure as to where we are, why're we're here, or how we got here." She wanted him to be calm, yes, but she did not want to keep the situation from him. "What I can tell you, though, is I will try to do everything I can to get us out and keep us safe. Okay?" These students were her responsibility and she would die before she let these kids get hurt.

"My name is..." she paused. With the enchantment, giving her false name would not dispel it. She'd have to give her true name to become recognizable. "I'm going to tell you a secret, okay? You can't tell anyone else. My name is Gwyneira Baines." She smiled softly. "Though you probably know me as Professor Sinclair. Who're you? Tell me about yourself." She figured it would keep him a bit distracted if he spoke of himself, and it would bide their time in here until something happened - good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Tony Rogers

Tony Rogers

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Tony couldn't help his slight flinch when the woman sat beside him. She was probably perfectly charming, but this wasn't a situation where he was keen on figuring things out about strangers. Still, she didn't try to hug him or patronize him with one of those "everything's going to be okay" lines. He appreciated that. Everything wasn't going to be okay. First they'd had all those dead bodies and students in the hospital wing, and now he was lying in the dungeons with strangers and there was no way out.

As she settled beside him, Tony tugged at his trousers and managed to fold his legs beneath him. It made him sit a little straighter and it made him feel a little less scared. Though not much.

When she mentioned a secret, he'd expected something a little more... Well he wasn't sure, but it wasn't a name. Still, he nodded. "Professor Sinclair." She was the Divination's professor, though Tony only knew her by name. When he'd taken Divination it had been with the old professor, and it certainly hadn't been his class of choice. He dropped out as soon as he could. "I'm Tony...Rogers. You don't know me." And there wasn't much to tell, besides.
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 am

Gwyn couldn't help but notice how incredibly quiet this boy was. Talking did not quite seem like his strong suit, which was fine. She wasn't always so talkative herself. She offered him another calming, small smile. "It's nice to meet you Tony Rogers." He didn't say much else, and she didn't force him. "It's a pleasure to meet you, though certainly would have been better under other circumstances."

Neira's green-ish brown eyes wandered over towards the door. She wondered what was out there; who was out there. Who was doing all of this. She initially pictured her stepmother, Jezebel, but figured she wouldn't go through all this trouble just to kill her. No, it had to be someone else and for a bigger purpose. What and who, though, were really beyond her.

Gwyn close her eyes, willing to have a vision once more, but the result was still the same. She let out a somewhat frustrated sigh; what good were her visions if she couldn't predict their outcome?
Back to top Go down
Tony Rogers

Tony Rogers

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 am

Tony returned the professor's smile, though with a little less confidence. He didn't know where they were or why or where Billy was. If he could only find Billy things would be better. Not fixed or okay, but better.

Instead he sat silently, tapping his fingers as the silence grew uncomfortable. He didn't like lots of noise, but in a situation like this he'd rather have it than not. Eventually he decided to study Professor Sinclair. She seemed focused and lost in her own thoughts. Intensely gazing forward. She was the Divination Professor, so she was probably trying to "see" something, right?

When she let out a frustrated sigh, Tony gave a forced sort of smile. "No luck?" They didn't know anything, did they? They didn't know where they were or why or who put them there. Or maybe most importantly the boy in the corner, still unconsious. He suddenly gaped at the thought. "Professor, you don't think... The boy in the corner--could he be one of..." One of who? The people who put them there? "...them?" It was a long shot at best, but Tony didn't want to ignore any possibility.

((Written on my phone, so sorry for any grammar/spelling errors.))
Back to top Go down
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Gwyneira's eyes opened and she glanced over at Tony. A small, somewhat sad smile appeared on her face. "None whatsoever," she told him. What use was she? How in the world could she save these boys from whatever might be out there? She was determined to do that, very determined to keep them safe.

When Tony spoke again, Gwyn glanced over at the unconscious boy. She shook her head. "No, I do not think so. I think whoever is behind this is out there... being very-" Gwyn cut off as she felt something seize her body. It was as if she had lost control. She was being pulled to her feet and her limbs were moving without her consent. After a moment, she realized what was happening. She was dancing. It was a spell - someone had cast a spell into cell. They were playing with them, as if they were toys. It was sickening.
Back to top Go down
Tony Rogers

Tony Rogers

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

The moment Gwyneira--Professor Sinclair--disagreed with his theory, Tony felt a blush of shame bloom over his face. No, of course not. The other boy was as much a prisoner as they were. He dropped his gaze and was about to berate himself for jumping to such a silly conclusion when the professor's sentence was suddenly cut short. He glanced up just in time to watch her rise to her feet, all jerky limbs and flailing elbows before she was dancing some awful form of...of jig.

"Profe--" Before he could even call out her name, a sharp, metal cord seemed to tug at his spine and Tony sprung to his feet, flailing as he tried to balance himself without success. Whatever had bewitched the professor had gotten him too.

"T-the one behind this," Tony spluttered. His limbs seized and spasmed out of time with the rest of his body. His breaths were short and harsh. "You said out there--this is them. This is--" he couldn't managed the rest of it. Beneath him, his feet seemed to dance faster and faster, robbing him of the little air he'd managed to suck in. They couldn't have been dancing for more than five minutes, but already his limbs were sore and aching and his hairline grew wet with sweat.

There had to be a way to break this spell. An enchantment or a secret word or something. As he danced, he managed a few awkward slaps to his hip, but he couldn't manage to feel his wand. No, it was unlikely anyone would lock them up and then let them keep their wands in their cells. Still, there had to be something. "Do you--" he huffed, "--know any-any spells--" Huff. "--to break this?" Huff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And now the wheels of heaven stop,   And now the wheels of heaven stop, Empty

Back to top Go down

And now the wheels of heaven stop,
Page 1 of 1