Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
John Smith

John Smith

Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa Empty
PostSubject: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 am

{because Shae told me to make this for reasons unknown to me~}

John was in his room, getting ready for the ball this evening. He was actually rather excited for this evening. It was such a magical idea, where no one would know anyone. Plus, he had such a beautiful black bow tie to wear... and a top hat; top hats were cool.

His costume was rather simple, just a black suit with a white mask. And a cane, a pretty rad cane. He liked canes, canes were also cool. John sighed in content. He wondered slightly to himself what Vanessa would do; it wasn't as if ghosts could wear masks or anything. Though, maybe that played in his favor. He could annoy her without her even knowing. John couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. Oh yes, tonight was going to be much fun. He couldn't wait.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:27 am

[I love my power...]

Vanessa had spent her day anticipating this moment, when she would rush to John's dormitory as soon as it reached the time told by Ana. She had been warned to not go after him too early, and, despite disliking it very much, she obeyed. She didn't want to risk upsetting time too much, and she was already ripping apart a great deal of the future by doing this. She had to leave at least some of the future undamaged, she unfortunately owed Ana that much. It had been ridiculously difficult to not simply chase after him all day but she knew that this was the time when she needed to intervene, that the rest of the day he had been entirely safe and she needn't have worried. She'd asked Ana enough times to be certain of that. Still, she couldn't help but be terrified for him all the same.

She reached the door to his dormitory and did not consider pausing or calling out to him. She simply went through the wooden door to find John, as soon as possible, calling out his name. As soon as she was certain he was safe, she'd calm down. She wondered if it was evident in her face just how frightened she was.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 pm

[I was going to say use your power wisely, but then I rethought it... and started laughing. Razz]

John had bent over, making sure that hadn't been a spot on his suit. Really now, he had to look spiffy. He glanced over at the clock and wished it would move faster. He wanted to get dressed already, but he didn't want to get dressed too early. He moved over to the floor length mirror on his wall and tried to do something with his hair, but realized how futile that really was.

It was then that Vanessa flew into his room, calling out his name. He glanced at her in the mirror, his eyebrows knitting together when he saw her face. Something was off... something seemed wrong. John turned around, a look of concern on his face. "Nessie, what's wrong?" He questioned her, moving closer. He didn't like seeing her like this and wanted to fix whatever was causing it.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 pm

"John?" She stared at him, almost in disbelief, transfixed by the sight of him, for several seconds. She exhaled, releasing a breathe she had been holding. "You're alright." She said, blinking rapidly, as the corners of her lips flickered upwards in what would have been a smile had she not felt such overwhelming fear. The same fear prevented her from moving, and for a while she could only hover there, with a half relieved, half terrified look on her face. Then she drifted closer to him slowly, staring at him intently.

She glanced at his hair, momentarily, noting how messy it was, as usual, but that wasn't important. Not right now. She bit her lip before speaking. "You... please, don't go. To the ball, I mean. Please." She said, desperately, certain that he was eager to attend and certain that she'd be unable to prevent him from doing so. She had so little faith in herself, which terrified her. Surely, he was looking forward to the event. "Please." She was unable to speak properly, even. And that frustrated her. This was important.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 am

John blinked for a moment, his eyebrows only furrowing deeper. What in the world could she mean by that? Of course he was alright, why else wouldn't he? Vanessa never freaked out about nothing, so she must have known something, but it didn't look as if she was going to tell him. John crossed his arms over his chest. "Of course I'm okay," he reiterated his thoughts, "why wouldn't I be?"

John's face softened as she moved closer to him. He tilted his head to the side slightly. "Vanessa, why? It's just the masquerade ball. Come now," he reached out, gently moving a strand of her hair away from her face. "why don't you tell me what's wrong." He never said once that he wasn't going to go. It was the masquerade ball after all; he had been looking forward to it for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 am

She felt like bursting into tears, at how innocent he seemed, because he did not know all that she did. And he wasn't supposed to know. She wasn't supposed to know. The only reason she did was because if Ana hadn't told her, Vanessa probably would have hurled her off the astronomy tower. Ana had warned her not to tell John, although Vanessa could not see how it could damage the future anymore than she would when she did what she intended to do. It was simply a precaution, her swearing to secrecy. But Vanessa did not have the heart to explain to John, anyway. She doubted he would believe her, and even if he did, admitting it verbally would just cause her to get hysterical and useless. She had to remain calm, she had to concentrate on keeping him safe.

"You don't understand," she said, her voice several pitches higher than it normally was. "You can't go. You mustn't. Please." She didn't know how to make him understand without telling him, and she found that she was too panic-stricken to adequately explain, anyway. She could barely form a sentence. She opened her mouth once more, but no words came out. She swallowed, and when she spoke again her voice was just a whisper. "I can't. Tell you, I mean." She shivered slightly, as his fingers brushed against the space her head occupied, and she faintly felt the pressure of him moving a strand of hair from her eyes. She subconsciously leaned her head into his hand, silently enjoying the warmth and intimacy it provided, and wanting to freeze time forever so that he'd stay with her. "I wish I could explain better than I am now, John..." She said, raising one hand to find his own, the one still by his side, and her fingers traced the small space formed between his thumb and index finger. "I can't. And you wouldn't believe me anyway. I don't know if I can believe it myself, really, but I can't risk it. I don't want to lose you."
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:42 am

John blinked, taken aback bit slightly as her voice changed pitch. His lips parted slightly, studying her face. He wanted to know why she was acting like this, it was so unlike her. He wasn't used to this and that alone frightened him. "Vanessa," he took hold of her shoulders gently, but firmly. He stared down into her eyes, willing her to explain. She could not just tell him to not go to the ball without some sort of explanation. "why can't you tell me?" He questioned her, his voice soft. What did she know that he did not.

John felt her take hold of his hand. He bit he inside of his cheek; what did she mean by losing him? She would never lose him, ever. "Vanessa, you're not going to lose me. Why would you think such a thing?" He questioned again. He was questioning a lot, but was afraid that he would get no answers in return and that was starting to worry him. Still, though, why should it only be him that doesn't go to the ball? His friends were there; his niece was there; most importantly, though, his son was there. "Look, I'm not going to be the only one at the ball. So whatever you're worried about, I'm sure it's nothing." He offered her a reassuring smile. "Molly will be there, Peter will be there, a handful of my colleagues and friends will be there. I was even hoping you would show, so I could tease you," he lightly tapped on her nose. "So why should I not go?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am

It was a small comfort when he placed his hands on her shoulders, as it obviously would be, the feeling of her being held and cared for, yet she still remained frightened. But as long as her eyes were fixed on him, he could not be ripped away from her, surely? She wanted very much to tell him what was going on, but she had promised Ana she wouldn't, and she honestly was scared of altering the future - she already intended to do some grave damage to it as it was. And, if what Ana said was true, and there really were serious consequences to those who meddled with time, then she was endangering John and herself in what she was doing. That was selfish of her. Of course, there was little they could do to her and even less that she truly cared about them doing to her, but if John was hurt in any way, especially because of her, well... it was too terrible to consider, and he was too perfect to harm. She knew that, if he really refused to listen to her, she would end up confessing everything she knew to him, even if he did not believe her. But she truly felt intimidated by the prospect of endangering him further by telling him what she knew.

"I've been forced not to tell you..." she said, quietly, "I promised I wouldn't. I really can't, anyway." She knew she was rambling but she couldn't seem to stop herself. She felt like she had to rush to get every word out. Because every second mattered, now. "No!" She exclaimed, as he began to reason why he should go. "No, you have to stay." She pleaded, as he tapped her nose. She loved it when he did that but now it felt inappropriate, almost hurtful. Like he was casually brushing her aside despite her obvious feelings. Not his intention, she knew, but it still gripped her like an icy hand running it's nails down her back, and yanking on her heart. "Just..." how could she begin to reason with him when she so badly wanted to avoid admitting the truth to him? "Stay with me, tonight. Please?"

[ohgodit'scoming]
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 am

John let out a small sigh, knowing that he was not going to get an answer out of her. He brought his fist to rest on his chin, his thumb gently brushing against his cheek as he thought. Obviously there was something major that Vanessa was not telling him about and he felt his heart lurch as she asked him to stay with her tonight. "Nessie, I told Peter I'd meet him down there... how can I break a promise like that to my son?" He questioned softly. If there was something so horrendous that was to happen, then he wouldn't want either Peter or Molly to be down their either, but who would listen to pleads without reason. It was becoming very difficult himself. He'd think she was playing some sort of game, had he not known Vanessa so well that he knew every inclination of her voice, every micro expression on her face.

[ short post is short... I'm sick D: ]
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm

['Oh dear! Feel better soon, my love.' She said as she was about to make it worse...]

Vanessa frowned miserably. She knew he wasn't going to listen to her. Why would he? She couldn't justify her reasons for wanting him to not go, and even if she could, Peter was there and he'd want to go look after him. Ana hadn't mentioned Peter at any point, so Vanessa could only assume he was safe, but still, she cursed herself for not asking about the boy. She had yet to properly meet Peter but she felt some affection for the boy already, simply because he was John's son.

But she could tell that John wasn't going to stay. "Please," she tried again. "I'm sorry. I..." how was she supposed to make him believe her, when she couldn't tell him the truth? Why couldn't he just listen to her? "I was told that something was going to happen to you, at the ball," she said, quietly, wondering if she had just done something she shouldn't. But she decided that all the blame was to be put upon Ana, for telling her, and for coming here in the first place. "Just you - Peter would be safe." She added, her voice shaking. She sounded crazy, and she had no proof. There was no way he would believe her. She, herself, wasn't entirely sure if she genuinely believed what Ana had told her - it was just too ridiculous - but she refused to take the chance and risk losing him. "I'm sorry." She blurted out, but wasn't certain as to what she was apologising for.

"Please don't go!" She gasped, and raised an arm, reaching out for him. She hesitated, though, wondering if he was already out of her reach. He certainly seemed like it. He was so determined to see Peter, and attend the ball. And what else could she do? If she couldn't tell him, then what? A wild idea rushed into her head and she floated closer to him, suddenly, placing her hands on his shoulders. Then she kissed him. It wasn't really romantic, as most 'first kisses' were supposed to be. It was more a desperate attempt to make him stay with her. But she could think of nothing else to do. And, if she was going to lose him, then her chances of kissing him were slim anyway, which was the kind of thought process she wanted to avoid but could not. Her grip on his shoulders tightened.

[Man. I've been planning this post for a while now and I am SO glad I've gotten it out of the way. It got overwhelming, trying to think of how I might write this. I still am not 100% happy with it but it's the best way I can picture it happening. Really, really hope you're not disappointed, Alix. Also, just to rub salt in the wound, despite most of what's been plotted being a combination of effort from both me and Chessie, this was my idea alone BECAUSE I AM A MASOCHISTIC MONSTER.]
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:08 pm

John let out a small sigh, scratching behind his ear as he thought. She said Peter would be fine, which he wasn't sure if he could believe that or not. It wasn't that he didn't believe her, it was just her knowledge of future events. He wasn't sure how she seemed to know or where she got her information from, whatever that information was. Something wasn't right and he didn't like not knowing what she knew. "So something is suppose to happen to me? Just me? More than one person?" If other people were in trouble, he'd want them to know as well. However, he figured she wouldn't tell him.

John's eyes snapped up to look at her. She was really, truly pleading and it really made his heart break. How could he honestly say no to her? "Vanessa, I-" he was cut off as suddenly she flew closer to him, hands on his shoulders and... lips on his. His eyes widened for a moment before he kissed her back. Her grip tightened on his shoulders and he could feel her worry. He pulled away, eyes furrowing as he reached up to cup her face in his hands. "Nessie... do you really want me to stay?" Well, that was a stupid question. She had only been pleading for him to stay for the past couple of minutes. Still though, how could he not if she was so adamant and worried about it. Still though, it made him worry about the others going to the ball more so than he was worried for himself. But that was John, always worry about others instead of himself.

[FINALLY THEY KISS! /narrows eyes suspiciously at Shae. I am now completely worried that John may die... I'm keeping my eye on you~]
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 am

"You're going to die." Vanessa squeaked. "You'll die if you go down there. You were the only one she mentioned," and the only one Vanessa cared about, "and I can't let that happen. I can't let you. Die. I mean. I can't. I'm sorry." She was shaking, slightly. She stared at him, with wide eyes. Somewhere in her subconscious she was reveling in their new found level of intimacy, and longing to simply kiss him again and again and to pretend that everything was completely fine.

She felt his hands take hold of her face, and she was forced to look at him directly in the eye, not that she wanted to look anywhere else. A glimmer of hope warmed her chest as he asked her. "Yes," she nodded slightly as she spoke, her hands still holding his shoulders. "Please, John. Then you'll be safe." And a small smile momentarily appeared on her face at the possibility of him listening to her. "Please, love."

[Why do you have such little faith in me?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa   Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for the Ball} Vanessa
Page 1 of 1