Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } Empty
PostSubject: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 am

Getting back into the swing of things after being distracted by the events unfolding across the school. With a quill rolling through his fingers, his couldn't help but wondering what these events would lead to. Jasper had almost been killed by his sister. Laura, he hadn't even found yet... he couldn't bring himself to find her either. He didn't know what to say... He didn't know how to go about this.

The blonde dropped his quill in his ink well, bringing his hands to rub his face. The Charms professor sighed, the noise echoing through the room as he peeked through his fingers and catch sight of the paper work that had accumulated since his hospitalization. He wondered if Jasper had this level of unkept paper work at his desk. He silently wished no, but had to know it was a yes.

Substitute teacher wizards weren't exactly fantastic...

At all.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 am

Vanessa had found that life in the castle was tense since the events that had unfolded a few days ago. She knew that in time the school would return to normal, probably too quickly, and she'd be left feeling more than slightly unsettled by the rapid change, as was the norm whenever odd things happened. But at the moment the school was quiet, gloomy, and it was hard to believe it was full of so many young students. Everyone was very solemn. Vanessa herself had been shaken by what had happened, although she had missed most of it - because nobody would come after a ghost. But someone had come after John, and that had frightened her. She'd nearly lost someone very dear to her - one of the only people who was dear to her.

She'd drifted into the Charms classroom with the intention of passing through it, but she noticed a professor working at his desk. She'd only seen him before once, at the New Years Ball, but never in a working environment. She didn't even know he taught Charms. She decided that now would be a good time to introduce herself to him, and get some idea as to who he actually was - mostly because she wanted to break the solemnity in the castle, at least for a short while.

"Oi, never actually met you before. Who are you?" She barked, drifting so she would be visible to him, rather than behind him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:46 am

Kris jumped, to put it less than gracefully. His bluer than blue eyes jerked up watching the opaque figure float. One of the class ghosts? Funny, he'd never seen her here before. with a cheeky smile, he folded his hands on the desk, every bit of unease disappearing on his end. Nothing like this bothered him anymore. Especially having grown up where this was the absolute norm. He almost felt bad for the muggle borns...

"Why, hello miss. I'm Kristopher Bell. The new teacher for Charms. And, if I might ask, who might you be?" Kris's smile never faltered as he state a bit straighter, years of etiquette training coming up in an instant. When a woman addressed you, you presented yourself accordingly. No matter if they were dead or alive.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:07 am

Vanessa raised an eyebrow at his antics. Nobody really talked to her like that, except perhaps John - only he just babbled incessantly. That was not to say she did not appreciate it, but it did seem slightly strange. She'd gotten used to teachers telling her to go away so when people openly spoke to her she always found it bizarre. She wasn't going to admit it, but she liked being referred to as 'miss', though.

She found it slightly aggravating when people didn't know who she was, she wanted to rise up and bellow, but she understood that of course he wouldn't know her and she decided against yelling at him. Especially since he'd been quite polite to her. Instead Vanessa crossed her arms, and said, with a smirk, "I'm Vanessa Corvus, the Slytherin ghost. You haven't heard of me? I'm quite offended."

Vanessa rolled her eyes as he sat up straight in his chair. "And there is no need to sit up straight and all that, I'm just a ghost."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 am

"Vanessa Corvus? I'm sorry, I never attended this establishment in my schooling years. It's only my first year here, any who. I apologize for not making myself acquainted with the resident ghosts, miss." The blonde looked a bit apologetic over the fact that he didn't, in fact, know her name. She must have been one of the more well known ghosts if the way she presented herself was anything to go by.

"Even if you are a ghost, it's still proper to present yourself accordingly. I'd rather not offend you, miss." His smiled became softer as he leaned back, ultimately taking her advice. The Charms' professor's mind wondered, wondering why a ghost would come visit him at such an hour.

"If you don't mind me asking, Miss Corvus... is there a reason for your visit? Or were you just in the neighborhood?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 am

Vanessa's curiousity peaked as he mentioned not attending Hogwarts. She crossed her legs into a sitting position, despite hovering in mid-air. She'd always been interested in travelling - she'd considered leaving and just floating around the world and exploring and since she was entirely ethereal she could do it to, but then she'd risk being seen by muggles and then the ministry might exorcise her. But she was babbling...

"Oh? So, which school did you study at? What was it like?" She would happily have asked him hundreds of questions... "Did they have ghosts there?" She decided to shut up after that. He'd probably find it annoying.

She considered his words, as she began to fiddle with her hair. He was outrageously, ridiculously well mannered and Vanessa hadn't encountered as such for a very long time. She had experienced it when she and her family would meet other ancient families - often when she was alive they would attend large dinnerparties with a collection of families where such etiquette was expected. But at a school, she didn't not expect it. Especially since, being a ghost, manners were not usually the top of peoples priorities when conversing with her. She couldn't help but flush slightly. "You're not going to offend me, I've gotten used to people not talking like this. Although feel free to continue calling me 'miss', it makes me feel like I'm some sort of imperial princess or something. You could even call me 'your highness', if you like."

At his question Vanessa paused, she hadn't come here intentionally but surely that would sound rather unimpressive, coming from an imperial princess and whatnot. She could always lie... but nothing appropriate came to mind. The truth seemed to be, disappointingly, the only option. "I was just passing through... didn't intend on staying here but figured since I didn't know you I might as well remedy that whilst you were here." What a dull answer. "So, what are you doing?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 am

Kris's twitched a bit at the female ghosts sitting while hovering. The twitch was more of him being amused by the action, though he didn't want to seem rude so he tried to squish the amusement he felt.

"I went to Durmstrang. It... was an experience. Hogwarts is a much freer school by far." The blond haired Charms professor spoke, remembering life at Durmstrang. He was a weirdly bright teen there, darkness couldn't get to him much to... his friend's displeasure. Kris shook his head slightly trying to get rid of the thought.

"That explains it." Kris tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, thinking of something for a moment the thoughts hadn't stayed in his long head long enough to come to fruitation though, "I'm doing paperwork. With the mess of the students and the recent violence I was... out of commission after trying to save a fellow Professor. I'm trying to catch up for the days I missed." It was a simple explanation. There honestly wasn't more to his thoughts. Kristopher sat up, grabbing his quill to make more signatures on the parchments that needed his attention.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 am

"Oh." Vanessa said, hesitantly, wondering what he meant by 'freer'. She'd heard stories, some of them barbaric, about things that happened at Durmstrang. She couldn't comprehend whether or not any of those things were true. It had always sounded like such an intimidating, even dangerous, school. "I was around when the Triwizard Tournament was held here... I met a few of the boys from Durmstrang. They sat on our table. I don't know much about the school though." She shrugged, disliking not knowing things, disliking him not telling her every single tiny detail - although of course he wouldn't.

Vanessa watched the teacher curiously. At the mention of the violence that had occurred previously she shivered, feeling a little ill. "I... was also caught up in all that." She said, trying to remain passive. She didn't want to mention John's name, just in case. She suddenly felt suspicious of the man sitting in front of her, and wondered if it was he who had cursed John, or if he had had anything to do with it at all. Well he had, he just admitted to it. But was he being honest? And he had hesitated. Her eyes narrowed for a moment, before she let it slide. She wouldn't act upon her suspicions yet, since she had no real proof, and since John wouldn't be impressed with her attacking teachers (even if it was for him).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 am

"Probably for the best." The words were honest and true. For others not alumni or currently attending the dark Death Eater riddled school it would have been a pleasure not to be reminded of its existence. Bringing it up, past or present, always lead to some sort of thing happening. It was like the uttered words were a curse of bad luck against others and yourself.

"You were? Professor Alexander and I were caught in the Forbidden Forest... I don't remember, I don't think I was conscious to be perfectly honest, coming back here. I was crucio'd and he..." Kris made a face, a disturbed face. He couldn't believe he was actually telling someone what happened, "Was pinned to a tree and being tortured with... arrows. It was..." Kris's stomach twisted at the thought of seeing that seen once more. The blood, the gore, the absolute helplessness of a man he... respected(?)... being done to him by his step sister. It was wrong. Kris hated it.

"How many do you think were effected by this? If even you, yourself, were effect, miss... I'd hate to see how out of control Hogwarts is from is leaders."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:52 am

Vanessa listened to him talk, noting the clear hurt on his face. He was upset by what he'd experienced - well, obviously, who wouldn't be? Everyone involved was surely upset, and frightened. That much was clear. She wondered why he was telling her all this, though. She barely knew him. She didn't know him. At all. So why did he feel the need to tell him about what had happened? Perhaps it'd be best to talk about ones feelings, she considered. But why with a stranger.

Well, in the end, everybody was a stranger until you allowed them to become someone.

"I have no idea what happened or why... I don't know the numbers and I can't begin to fathom them. I don't really want to, to be honest." She shrugged, wanting to avoid this subject. It wasn't exactly comfortable, and with someone she barely knew, someone who was spilling everything to her, she just felt guilty. She wasn't really the right person to talk to about this. Although, on the other hand, who knew more about dying than she?

"All I really know is that the people who were hurt were 'Messages'. I had thought there was only one Message but, evidently, I was wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 am

"Understandable." It was, to a point. Maybe it was the part of him that wanted to protect everyone. The part of him the tightened and tried to just be perfect for everyone's sake. For their lives and future. The blonde let the air saturate with unanswered questions that filled the better half of their void. Then Vanessa spoke, ruining their uncomfortable silence. For that, Kristopher was thankful. He wasn't the type for silence.

"All I really know is that the people who were hurt were 'Messages'. I had thought there was only one Message but, evidently, I was wrong."

There was a pit of fear the deepened in Kris's mind. There were messages, many of them? How many? Who were they? What did they do? The Charms Professor's fist tightened ever so slightly. The words were disturbing. Messages being brought out for what purpose? What reasoning? Laura had been ordered to kill Jasper.

Had anyone else fallen prey to this 'Message'?

"Have you seen anyone or anything suspicious going on besides these message? People, places, or things just off key?" They needed to know how many were affected. How many they had to call home and tell parents their children weren't coming home. How many times they'd need to write to a family telling them their child was injured.

Kristopher could hope there were only a hand full...

But messages tended to be wide range.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 am

"I... I only know one person who was hurt... and they didn't tell me anything about who had hurt him - them." She corrected herself quickly, trying to keep her voice even. She didn't want to tell Professor Bell anything about John. She wanted to keep him safe. She shut her eyes tight as her body flushed from the shame of her momentary lapse. She'd failed John. She simply hoped she'd not made her mistake so obvious, that Bell didn't notice.

When Vanessa opened her eyes again, she had fixed her face to appear expressionless, and she continued on as if she'd not accidentally exposed a small, vital detail about her John.

"All I can confirm about what happened is that I went and told Professor Dumbledore what happened. He went and dealt with everything." She said carefully, not wanting to give away the wrong information. She wanted to protect John, but she also wanted to protect herself. Talking about it felt dangerous - she was certain that someone was listening, watching... even if Bell was trustworthy, there was someone who wasn't, someone who had attacked John.

How much danger was she in? It scared her that she didn't know anything. She felt so lost.

"I don't know anything. I... had no idea anything was going to go so wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 am

The word usage and the change caught his attention though it wasn't something she wanted to share and he wouldn't pry. A person was entitled to secrets, in all honest the less Kristopher knew about a person meant the closer they were to being perfect in his books. Knowing information made imperfections. With a breath, Kris's eyes reattached to the deceased girl. She seemed to be regaining composure, whatever had happened to her must have been rough. He wondered who the he was, if only to help her. Part of the blonde just wanted to walk around the desk and just embrace her and tell Vanessa everything was going to be okay but he couldn't do that, in all honesty. She was but a ghost and he was but a man.

"No one does,miss... but I'm glad Dumbledore came back for this. Someone needed to be here... I honestly don't trust the Ministry with this matter either." Kristopher didn't trust the Ministry to begin with. Power was corruptible, if everything he grew up with was to be used as an example upon horrible example.

"Have you spoke with anyone else about this? I have been able to really find a teacher besides Professor Alexander for obvious reasons. I should probably attempt to do the tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 am

Vanessa glanced up at the man before, daring herself to trust him, because she really did want to trust him. She still had that naivete to hope that there might be some good people left... He was being so kind to her, and so few people were so kind, just for the sake of being kind, that she found herself wanting very much to have faith in him. But still she stood her ground, determined to not put herself, or more importantly, John, in any more danger. If there was any. Maybe she was being silly. She hoped she was being silly.

He looked so... at first she was going to suggest sad, but then she reconsidered. It wasn't sadness on his eyes, more like curiousity, a kind of sympathy she'd never really seen before. He looked apologetic, and almost guilty. She wondered if that was because of her. Or maybe, like herself, he was caught up in thinking about all he'd seen over the last few days. Vanessa hadn't seen much, she'd hidden herself away with Peter, who she'd managed to grab hold of out of pure luck. But even then, she'd seen enough to have been frightened. For all that Vanessa tried to convince everyone (including herself) that she was mature, she was still very much a child and this had proven it.

She listened as he spoke and said nothing, sniffling slightly. She didn't want to cry but she felt so vulnerable she couldn't help it. How pathetic. She wanted to agree when he said how he didn't trust the Ministry, but if she spoke she'd end up bursting into tears, so she nodded mutely, instead.

She shook her head when he asked if she'd spoken about it. She hadn't. She'd been completely left on her own. She hadn't had the chance to see John properly yet and even if she could, would he really want to talk about his being attacked? The only other people she'd interracted with were Dumbledore and Peter - and Dumbledore was busy and she had to be the grown up for Peter, since John couldn't be. So Vanessa had never been able to tell anyone. And she felt a set of fresh tears spring to her eyes. She didn't even know why she was crying - perhaps due to reliving the memories? Perhaps because this was the first time she was permitted to speak about things? She didn't know.

All she knew was that somehow she'd found herself wrapping her arms around Professor Bells torso and pressing her face to his shoulder, hugging him tightly to her. She had no idea why she did it, but she had... she'd hugged a teacher she barely knew and was currently crying on him. She was starting to get a little concerned for her health...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 am

Kristopher hadn't even been aware ghosts could make breathing noises like sniffles. Obviously the Slytherin House ghost could... and it was almost causing his heart to twist in pain. Ghosts could feel pain just as he could but they could give physical reactions to it? That bothered him to the point of figuring if he could touch her just to hug her, make sure she was okay. The sounds coming from Vanessa made it obvious she wasn't, in fact, okay... but doing something was better than nothing, right?

Within a moment the ghost seemed to just appear in front of him, wrapping her arms around the blonde Charms professor's shoulder making noises. He assumed if they could produce illegitimate tears, she'd be soaking his shoulder. All the man could do as awkwardly hold her back, words failing him as did everything else. The room was silent except for the strangled sobs being released into his shoulder by the forever teenage girl.

"It's okay... It's going to be okay, Vanessa." Kris tried to calm the sobbing ghost that adorned his shoulder. What were the proper words to speak right now to a ghost? Should he assume it would be the same way as calming down a teenager like Laura? Or was there a separate process for this? He didn't know... but he just hoped he wasn't doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 am

Vanessa shivered and withdrew her arms sharply, darting away from the teacher, blushing opaque and spluttering apologies. "I-I'm so sorry, sorry, that was stupid. I was stupid." She wasn't entirely sure what she was saying, she was just incredibly embarrassed that she'd done that. Thinking back, she'd done the same to John, last year, and she had hugged Riley a few times... since when had she become so affectionate?

He was talking, she was supposed to listen. She glanced at him, expression apologetic. "I hope it'll be okay." She mumbled quietly. She wished she could just fade away, right then and there. She was so embarrassed. She was still reasonably close to him, but if she moved away now would he think she was being rude. So she stayed where she was.

"The teacher you were with... Professor Alexander... was he alright? After what happened to him? I mean, if that's okay to ask? If you want me to go away I'd understand... I was just curious." She asked, tentatively, imagining the condition Professor Alexander was in, trying to imagine how Bell was dealing with it. "Sorry. About before. Again. I don't know why I did that."

(BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THEY WANTED HUGS ON MIBBIT.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 am

The sudden 360 of Vanessa's mood left Kristopher with a feeling akin to whiplash. One moment she was actually touching him and the next she was there but no longer hugging him. The man sat up in his chair, hands back on his desk trying to gain a foot hole back in the realm of reality. Kris wanted to say something along the lines of, 'It's okay, honestly.' but the words never left his mouth. He just kind of dumbly stared at her hoping a random mood swing wouldn't strike out at him.

"The teacher you were with... Professor Alexander... was he alright? After what happened to him? I mean, if that's okay to ask? If you want me to go away I'd understand... I was just curious."

"He seems to be." If the Alexander jumping out of his hospital bed and demanding he leave was anything to go by of course. The man was a hard one to figure out though..., "And it's alright to ask. I'm a teacher, I'm here to answer your questions, miss."

How many people had told her to leave after her arrival into their rooms? The thought struck him as odd but she seemed like she'd leave at the drop if he even barely began to ask. No, Vanessa was allowed here. This was her home, Kristopher was merely working here. What right did he have to tell her to go away? Plus, she was nice. There wasn't a reason for him to shoo her anyway.

"It's fine, Miss Corvus, really. I have a sister that does that all of the time."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 am

Vanessa still felt horrendously embarrassed, but she did feel slightly better. It felt nice to hug someone, despite how humiliating it had been, and despite how little she knew the man she had hugged. It felt reminiscent of family, of friendship. If she were perhaps less nervous, or less embarrassed she would have liked to hug him again, to curl up against him and cry into his shoulder, because she felt like she needed that. But she wasn't brave enough to seek out such intimacy and comfort, so she remained sitting beside him, mumbling apologies. But she did feel a tiny bit better, at least.

Her eyes widened slightly as the blonde man confirmed that Professor Alexander was okay. Then maybe her John was okay too? She was scared to toy with the hope that maybe yes, he was fine, but the alternative was equally painful. "I- Thank you." She said, and patted his hand meekly. Her hands then returned to her lap, fingers in a complex knot, as she bit her lip.

She couldn't help but smile slightly at his referencing his sister. She'd never had one but she had, at one point in her living life, wanted one. She had wanted her to be a little walking doll that she could dress up, once upon a time. She didn't want a sister for very long, but for a while the notion had entertained her. "I hope it's fine. I am sorry for... my misconduct. I hope you are being honest when you say you don't mind, and if you are, then I am very grateful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }   Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa } Empty

Back to top Go down

Paperwork { Kristopher Bell + the Lovely Vanessa }
Page 1 of 1