Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) Empty
PostSubject: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am

The long trek up the tower stairs had already made Todd's legs sore - a sign he hadn't been exercising enough during the summer, he supposed.

He made his way through the crowded common room, slightly annoyed at the loud voices of the first years. Sure, it was exciting, but did they have to be so noisy about it?

He finally got to his room. His things were already neatly piled on his bed, something he should probably be thanking the House Elves for. There were two beds in the room, and he noticed that whoever his roommate was(he hadn't listened to the prefects when they'd announced the dormitory situations), they also had their things there. The one with his things on it was opposite of the door. Too exhausted to even think about moving his stuff to the other bed should he prefer it(which he really didn't anyways), he quickly stripped himself of his day clothes and pulled on his night ones: a T-shirt and a pair of boxers. He pushed a hand through his hair. He had half a mind to take a shower before bed(trains rides and stations always made him feel disgusting), but was exhausted enough to put it off until morning. The next few minutes were spent pacing the room and wondering drowsily who it was who he would be sharing a room with.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Jim had forgotten how many steps there were leading up to the Ravenclaw dormitories, but he eventually lost track and just focused on making his way up. He wished he could just get his broomstick and fly up. It would make things a lot easier. He made his way through the common room, ignoring how some of the other kids stared at him. He kept telling himself he was used to it, but truthfully, he never was. He arrived at the room he was assigned to, wondering who his roommate was as he opened the door. To his surprise, it was Todd.

"Todd? Wow, we're roommates this year? Sweet!" He sighed in relief, thankful that he was rooming with one his new friends this year. It seemed like things were really turning around here.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Todd glanced up sharply when he heard someone come in, and grinned widely when he saw it was Jim. "Awesome! No jerks this year!" he said. He glanced over to his bed, cocking his head for a moment before looking back at his roommate. "Umm, so I picked that bed. Hope that's okay and all that jazz..." he said, scratching at an itch behind his ear.
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 pm

"Oh no, that's okay. I don't really care where I sleep, as long as the bed's comfy." Jim gave a little smile before heading over to his suitcase and unpacking. He could have done it with his wand, but it tended to be temperamental when it came to moving things. There was the particular incident in this third year when he made a globe fly through the air and hit his Charms teacher in the head. He considered himself lucky that he didn't get detention. "Man, what a day," he said. "I can't believe it turned out as good as it did. I was expecting a lot worse."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Todd decided to unpack the rest of his own things, which were just a few photographs he put close together on the nightstand. He looked fleetingly over his shoulder as Jim spoke, and he nodded, a smile on his lips. "Ditto. I figured there'd be more awkward silences and 'Eat Slugs' flying around," he agreed. He went into the bathroom to put away his toothbrush and toothpaste before coming back out and stowing his suitcase beneath his bed. "Wasn't really expecting to be getting along with so many people, especially girls like Bri and Eva."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Jim nodded as he slid his empty trunk under his bed. Being a typical guy, he didn't have much stuff. At least, compared to other women he knew. His mom always brought tons of stuff with her whenever she traveled. It always gave his dad a headache. "No doubt there will be some of that before the year is out, but yeah, I am glad there was none of that today." He nodded. "Yeah, they're really nice. I kinda wish I had met them sooner, you know? Maybe then, I wouldn't have gone through my first four years...well, alone." He felt a little weird, getting all personal like that. Sharing feelings and all wasn't very typical of him.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Todd raised an eyebrow but nodded. "Mm, yeah. It feels kinda bad knowing this is my last year and the first time I decided to make some friends," he conceded, fighting back a frown. He definitely wasn't used to this 'sharing thoughts' thing. "Suppose now is better than never, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 pm

"I think so," Jim said, nodding in agreement as he kicked off his shoes and sat down on his bed. "I mean, at least you can send us letters and stuff once you've graduated. And we can come see you. But at least that's not for a while now, and we have the whole year to have some fun and stuff."
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Todd murmured in agreement, going to turn on one of the lamps. "Yeah, I guess you're right. The first day of schools' been pretty great, so the rest of the year's hopefully gonna be just as awesome," he mused, flopping down on his own bed. "If we're lucky."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Jim nodded. "You look kinda tired. Should I stop talking and let you sleep? We do have classes tomorrow, after all. They probably won't be too forgiving and start assigning us homework sooner than later." Of course, there were some nice teachers in the school, but there were those few that seemed gleeful in having their students do lots of homework and essays.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 am

Todd shrugged, easing into a sitting position and leaning his back against his pillow. He fougt back a yawn as he nodded in agreement to what Jim was saying. "I don't care, he said with a shrug. "Though we should be getting to bed very soon. Like you said, there'll be heaps of homework tomorrow night and I don't wanna be too exhausted to do it." He turned on his side, eyelids drooping considerably., "So, uh, in case I drift off, goodnight."
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 am

"Watch us get an essay in History of Magic or something," Jim said, knowing that it was a good possibility. "Yeah, see you in the morning." He fell back onto his bed as the lights went out, everything going dark except for the crack of moonlight that shone through the window. Jim was lucky that a full moon had just passed. It would give him some time to get things straight and brace himself for his next transformation. He hoped he could keep himself in check, especially now that he had friends. He hoped they wouldn't be creeped out by how downhill his mood would go. He fell asleep, feeling slightly worried, but hopeful that things would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))   First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room)) Empty

Back to top Go down

First Night(((Todd and Jim's Room))
Page 1 of 1