Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux

Go down 
+2
Juliette Valentine
Brieanne Devereaux
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux Empty
PostSubject: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm

[BACKGROUND MUSIC WHILE READING THIS:

START IT BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING TO GET THE FULL EFFECT ;D]

Brieanne had been watching herself wilt the past few weeks she had been home for the holidays. The snow fell almost every day in Hogsmeade, dusting her father's estate with everlasting purity that she knew would never find its way into his heart. She wandered downstairs into the foyer, every room she passed filling her heart with unbearable memories.

Brie walked over the creaking floors, stopping abrubtly in front of her father's study. She immediately grasped onto the wall for support, her lip trembling, tears splashing onto the floor as she remembered who she had lost in that particular room.

'No, Master, no! Please don't take away my sunshine.. please,' pleaded a thin and gangly 16 year old Brieanne, her father holding her month-old son in his loose arms. The child was looking up at his grandfather in fear, turning towards his mother as he heard her voice, reaching for her.

'You are not allowed to be happy, Anne. You are my daughter and therefore a servant of the Dark Lord,' her father said, stroking his grandson's tuft of hair softly, 'And this boy.. my grandson.. cannot be alive.'

The heart-wrenching sound of breaking bone was heard over Brieanne's screams of terror, her father leaving her to cry in the room as he continued stroking Everett's hair, his tiny body now limp in his arms.

With tears still running down her face, she continued through the halls, the floor creaking with every step she took. It wasn't just her weight that was leaving the floor in pain. It was her burdens, her thoughts, her grudges.. she carried everything that had ever happened to her within her thin and weak body. From her feelings about Todd to almost losing her life due to the Sectumsempra curse caused by her former friend, it was all buried in her heart.

"Anne dear," called her father from behind her, the girl jumping out of her skin, "I thought I told you to stay in your room." Brieanne turned around slowly, falling to her knees and bowing to him, "I'm terribly sorry, Master.. I just.. had a hankering to--" Her father wrapped his gangly fingers around her throat, bringing her up to his level, "It doesn't matter what you had a hankering to do, Brieanne. I told you to stay in your god damn room. Didn't I?"

Brieanne was crying at that point, struggling for air as she nodded. Her father smiled. This was nothing but entertainment for him. She didn't know that he knew, but Lazarus Devereaux knew about her feelings for Todd, how she had been almost killed, everything.. and he was determined to make life worse for his daughter. She needed a cold soul to be one of His followers.. and she was well on her way to it.

After her father had let go, she scurried up to her room, quickly closing the door and locking it in one swift, shaking motion. "Think of your friends," she told herself, hyperventilating as more tears made their way down her flushed face, "Think of the people who love you.. think of.."

Her eyes caught sight of the carpet and the walls. They were both painted asickly green color, and there were multiple blood stains on them. Her blood. Every single stain had its own story, whether it was a drop or a splatter.

The big, germy looking one by her dresser? A badge from the night she was beat and taken advantage of.

The small prickles and clusters of dried blood to the right of her window? Reminders of the time her father hit her because she was in labor too early.

Every single room in the prison she called home was a homage to some painful memory of hers, whether it was significant or not. Every Christmas, she did the exact same rounds around the house, hurting herself by going back down roads she never wanted anyone else to travel. There were never presents or decorations hung, no Christmas spirit, no nothing, just the same dreary air all year round.. and she was tired of it.

Brieanne sat with her back against the door, holding a particular picture in her hands. Her fingers grazed over the glass, smiling at the moving image of herself and Todd throwing snowballs at each other at Jim's house. The memory made her happy, being with her friends for a short time during the holidays.. especially Todd.

He made her days brighter, her nights longer, and her life happier. All these feelings were more than true for her, but she knew he was conflicted. The kiss they shared made it even harder for them to figure out what they wanted from each other, especially with what Todd was facing. Brieanne wasn't selfish-- she wanted him to be happy more than anything.. but she wanted him to be happy with her deep inside.

As the sun set, she put the picture back on her nightstand, looking out of her window at the fallen snow, knowing that the next day, she would be back in Hogwarts.. The one place that she thought she was safe.

[ooc: This isn't as depressing as I thought it would be.. is it? D; ]

Last edited by Brieanne Devereaux on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Gaaaah... so depressing! D: Poor Brie!

-feels so weird saying this on Julie's profile but whatever-
Back to top Go down
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:17 pm

*sniffles* Don't worry Brie, Jimmykins is here for you!
Back to top Go down
William Princeton

William Princeton

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH TOT
The sadness!

*Needs tony cuddles*
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Awe D:

Brie has her Jimmy and Monnie to always be their for her.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:05 am

Oh, no! The music furthered the depressing experience. Now I wish to beat Todd for making her feel such things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux   A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux Empty

Back to top Go down

A Prison of Her Own Memories // Brieanne Devereaux
Page 1 of 1