Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Grand New Years Ball

Go down 
+39
Valerie Boleyn
Evaine Moonblood
Nefertiri Wynters
Miranda Melgrove
Craig Rivera
Jayden Andrada
Edward Once-ler
Ambrose Maguire
Jessica Landon
Belle Mallery
Aquata Lakeshore
William Princeton
Asami Sato
Penelope Baudelaire
John Smith
Akasha Wynters
Angela Alexander
Jim Hawkins
Molly Starkey
Aileen Quinn
Gwyneira Baines
Luciana St. Clair
Liam Hurst
Natalie McCutchen
Dean McCoppin
Vivienne Darkbloom
Laura Bell
Lianna Grey
Lexi Alvarez
Vanessa Corvus
Grace Wang
Juliette Valentine
Brieanne Devereaux
Waycca Louise
Rose Lestrange
Todd Cross
Jane Pevensie
Alliss Rivera
Minister of Magic
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lexi Alvarez

Lexi Alvarez

The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 am

Lexi smirked at Ambrose's flirting. " I don't really care what they think, I just care how lame this ball is. " She rolled her eyes at Ambrose's attempt to woo Luciana. Boy was this going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:56 am

"Oh come on, I'm surprised the ladies aren't lining up to dance with you," Ed joked, laughing. "You've got that lady-killer face that they love." He put his hands together like he was holding a video camera, getting a close-up of John's face. "Yup. That's a lady-killer face." He laughed again. "Oh, I'm teaching Astronomy. I finally have an excuse to use my telescope all the time now." He grinned, feeling proud that he could use the old thing to help kids learn rather than listen to his mother complain how it cluttered up the house.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Landon

Jessica Landon

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:57 am

"Look at you, the total charmer," Jessica laughed, poking her tongue out a little crudely. Then she smiled. "Blowing stuff up sounds exactly like something we should be doing right now. Can you imagine if the punch bowl just went flying through the air?" Jessica sighed. "Guess that'd ruin our chances to have a nice party later. You have to be well behaved at these things or they don't let you let yourself go." She paused. "I don't suppose Hufflepuff's planning something down in the dormitories? Though you seem a little too young to go, eh?" she added with a wink
Back to top Go down
Aileen Quinn

Aileen Quinn

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 am

A simple laugh left her lips at Julie's words. Yes it would be lucky if one was able to get her to dance. Aileen honestly couldn't recalled when she last seen the blodne dance. If ever. But that did not matter. Not at all. Upon seeing the look upon her blonde companion's face, Aileen gave a simple nod of her head before tucking a lock of black hair behind her ear.

Yes she knew of that look. Perhaps of the time she's known the girl she had come to recognize certain looks and cues. Or maybe it was just because it was Julie that she knew. No matter, the look was gone and the moment along with it.

Upon her question, Aileen felt herself take a small breath in before releasing it. The smile left her face as she looked among the crowds of students, almost as if she expected him to be there. But he wouldn't. She knew.

"No." she said, her voice holding no emotion. Neither did her face. it was all blank. Like a porcelain doll. "There isn't anyone I have my eye on." Not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 am

"With my company, dear Lexi, I'm amazed you could think it lame at all," he said, though he was still laughing. "It is perhaps a little... dull. But that's why you're meant to sneak stuff in. Not me, of course, I wouldn't do such a thing. I'm having a whale of a time as it is," he said, though rolled his eyes to show he was joking"
Back to top Go down
Angela Alexander

Angela Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 am

Angela let out a sigh before moving from her spot. Nothing too incredibly interesting was happening, nothing that could amuse her by watching. She was bored, and a little thirsty, so she moved silently through the crowds of people to get to the refreshment table. She tried desperately not to bump into people as she slithered through. Finally, she reached the punch and poured herself a glass. She brought it to her lips and wasn't all too surprised that it was spiked. Not that she didn't like it, to be honest, she thought it could be a little stronger. She had a high alcohol tolerance as she drank often with the small amount of friends she did have... not that they were here, but she didn't care too much.

Angela looked around at all the different crowds within the crowd. All the little cliques of friends. Maybe if she wasn't such a wallflower, if she had just had an ounce of outgoing in her body, she would have walked up to one of them and started a conversation. But that wasn't who she was. Ange was getting a little antsy standing by the refreshment table and considered going back to her spot in the back of the room where no one could see her.
Back to top Go down
Asami Sato

Asami Sato

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:03 am

Asami shrugged. "I guess even ministers need to take some time off every once in a while. Too bad most people aren't like that. They let their job consume them." Asasmi sipped her drink, feeling like her father was one of those people. Always too busy with work to remember that he had a son and daughter to raise. "Well, we have all night," she said, grinning. "Plenty of time to get the alcohol going." She glanced to her right, noticing Angela sipping the punch. That was her name, right? Or maybe it was just Angel. Anthea? Amelia? Asami couldn't remember, but she didn't seem to hate the punch too much. "See? She seems to like it," she said, clapping the girl on the shoulder, despite her being a total stranger. But Asami figured that any Slytherin was somebody worth noticing.
Back to top Go down
Luciana St. Clair

Luciana St. Clair

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 am

Lucie rolled her eyes at Ambrose, shaking her head at him, "And your perfected wooing is totally working on me. I'm falling into your clutches," she joked, a slight smile crawling onto her face, "No, no no, dearest Ambrose, being what I am just is a curse. Like, okay, I don't mind people looking at me, but when it comes down to drooling and shit, that's where I draw the line.. and I have no control over their actions. It's annoying."

[Gotta go to colorguard practice now D; Be back at like 8:30.. or in 6 hours. xD ]
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 am

John snorted and shook his head at Ed's antics. "Now, now, I thought it was you who had the lady-killer face? Or was that both of us? Because we had how many girlfriends in the span of our time at Hogwarts?" John teased. John hadn't had any. He was so focused on his studies and his head had always been up in the clouds that he never really noticed girls... except for Vanessa, that was, but after her passing he forced her out of his memory and continued on with his life... until now.

"Ah, Astronomy. The only time people didn't give me hell for my head being in the clouds," John joked. "But no, that's good. Glad to see you're doing something you enjoy. Transfiguration has always been my passion, so it's not too surprising I've ended up teaching it. Actually, I started here because my son goes here now - he's eleven. Oh, that's right, we haven't really been in touch lately!" John mentally slapped himself for forgetting so quickly. "I have a son now. He's probably around here somewhere, avoiding me." John chuckled. It was amazing, he though, how much they had grown up. It had been much too long since he had seen Ed.
Back to top Go down
Lexi Alvarez

Lexi Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 am

Lexi raised her eyebrows slightly, his shamless flirting was atleast making the ball a little more interesting. Lexi patted her bag at Ambrose's last comment, indicating the bulge from her hip flask. "Yes, this party really is the bomb," Lexi uttered the last words in an exaggerated manner. "What you say we liven this place up? Fancy a dance?" She offered noncommitedly.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 am

[[Tis alright Miss Lucy Very Happy]]

Ambrose smiled at Luciana, winking when he realised she had somewhat cheered up. He did not like fighting people's battles, but there was nothing better than cheering someone up. At hearing Lexi's words, he put a hand to his mouth, gasping theatrically. "My, my, and there was me thinking you were so sweet and innocent." He grinned and bowed a little, offering his hand to her. "A dance, dear? Well, you've twisted my arm"
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 am

[sorry for posting twice but just to update on where Brie is.. xD]

Brieanne surveyed the crowd, seeing Jim for a split second. She wasn't in the mood to be around people at the moment, so she just decided to move every now and then. Her father's actions were wearing away at her, and she was turning into a bit of a bitter soul. She just couldn't stand against him as forcefully as she used to, and it pissed her off that he took advantage of it.

The girl caught sight of Rose, her mood instantly worsening as she clearly remembered how the girl emotionlessly almost killed her. It seemed like her home wasn't the only place where her memories were killing her. Pissed off beyond belief, she sat at a table alone, fighting the urge to just flip the table over and call it a day.

(okay really i'm gone now xD)
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

"If I was ever called a lady-killer, it was probably a sarcastic remark," Ed said. "Beanpole practically became my trademark. That, and the klutzy bit. I think everyone was afraid to sit next to me at Potions. You know how I tend to make things blow up rather than simmer." Yup, that was Ed's school career in a nutshell: making things blow up, fly into a window, or accidentally knocking a professor out of his chair. Granted, that had happened only once, but it was still enough to make the teacher give him a look for the rest of the year. "Transfiguration? Sweet." Although Ed was more fond of watching other people do it rather than trying it himself. He had a habit of transforming ordinary objects into something dangerous. "Son? Wow. I feel old now." He laughed. "Is he running around the ballroom somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Angela Alexander

Angela Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:13 am

Angela had been in her own little world when Asami clapped her on the shoulder. She winced initially before looking up at the older Slytherin girl. She recognized her, as she recognized most people - though most didn't see her. "W-what?" She questioned, trying to get her bearings. She had said something about her not minding something... Angela looked down at the punch, assuming that had been it. "Oh.. oh... uhm..." her voice was small, much like she was and she bit her lip. People didn't normally talk to her. "Yes, it's not... too bad... could be... stronger, I suppose," Angela gave a small shrug.
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 am

Julie stood there and nodded to Aileen when she answered her question. Though she decided to go silent as she watched everyone else who were talking and having a good time.

Though it sickened her at seeing such bubbly people having fun. It made her wanna puke. God how she wanted to just leave this ball and just go have a party with her friends and get drunk. That's all she wanted to do.. Though she knew she would find some way to entertain herself while the ball was lasting.

"I wonder what some girls would do.. if I put scorpions in their laps.." She said low, low enough for only Aileen to hear.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 am

[[to Lexi, must be off for a couple of hours, speak then Wink ]]
Back to top Go down
Lexi Alvarez

Lexi Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 am

[okay no problem Smile ]

"Oh I am innocent, " Lexi replied sarcastically. She took Ambrose's arm and head out onto the dancefloor. She wouldn't have usually offered a dance to a slytherin boy, but the vodka was begin to sink in a little and if she didn't move soon, she was sure she would pass out from boredom. She wasn't an expert at formal dancing, now dancing sexy she could do, but slow dances just weren't her thing.

Last edited by Lexi Alvarez on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 am

"Yes, Beanpole. You're just a bit taller than me, thank Merlin," John joked. "Oh yes, if I remember correctly, I had to buy a new uniform the one year... half of it got singed off," John snorted, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jacket as he spoke. "Lady-killer definitely takes on a new meaning around you. But no, are you seeing anyone?" John questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you know, always enjoyed the beauty of it, I suppose," John smiled before looking around in attempts to find his son, who was no where to be seen. "I feel it everyday, Ed, the way my bones are creaking." He chuckled as he turned back to face his friend. "But yeah, he's eleven... I can't believe it. Though, not going lie, he wasn't exactly planned. Right out of school, I mean, I was just about seventeen. So, I guess we're not too old. No where close to Dumbledore," John laughed.
Back to top Go down
Edward Once-ler

Edward Once-ler

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 am

Ed winced, remembering that incident. He was just lucky John had still wanted to be friends with him after that. Dealing with a friend who had a habit of setting things on fire probably wasn't easy. But, that was John for you. And Ed was glad that they were still friends, despite not seeing each other for years. "Not really, no," he replied. "Been holed up in my mom's house for a while and trying to find a way out. Not much time for socializing." Not that his mother would ever support him if he ever found himself a girlfriend. No doubt she'd say something along the lines of "Ed, the only reason a girl would date you is if she mistook you for somebody else." Ed pushed that thought of his mind. This wasn't the time to dwell on things like that. He was at Hogwarts, at a ball, with a friend. That was more than enough reason to be happy. "Egh, God, no. Can you imagine me with a beard like this? I'd look horrible with it." He laughed, glad that he wouldn't reach that age for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 am

Mickey was shocked at how busy the ball was, students were swarming and splitting into their own cliques. He gave a slight nod to his Uncle Niklaus and then averted his gaze. He hated having his uncle so close, it meant he had to keep his behaviour in check. He hoped to dear god someone had spiked the punch, and upon tasting it a grin spread upon his face. "Nice, " he murmured contently. Now if only his fellow female students would sip up, this ball would get a lot more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Aileen Quinn

Aileen Quinn

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:37 am

Silence fell between the two soon after she spoke her words. Both watching everyone have their jolly times. Eventually Aileen grew out of her face of nothingness and the mask of a calm pleasant smile returned.It wouldn't do to have any other kind of expression at a ball. This was a place of joy and wonderment. No need to have others believe her to think otherwise.

Juliette muttered something low, and it left Aileen to believe she was the only one to hear. A small smirk graced her lips at it. "Why I do believe you'd get a variety of reactions. All of which would be most entertaining for you." she said, smoothing out her dress a bit. She herself cared less for scorpions, but Julie was free to seek her own kind of fun.

Blue eyes casted elsewhere as she scanned the professors she could see. "Is it just me or does Professor Bell seem... lonesome?" she commented before another caught her eye. A young brunette who seemed familiar but at the distance she could not fully tell who he was. He seemed quite pleased with the apparently spiked punch.

(ooc: She is referring to Mickey)
Back to top Go down
Craig Rivera

Craig Rivera

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 am

Craig stalked into the room, eyes watching the crowd of young people. He allowed a charming smile to spread across his face. His long dark hair was slicked back. His eyes scanned the crowded room. No sign of his sister. Good. No need to complicate the evening.
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 am

Julie tilted her head a little when Aileen spoke of the professor. A little smirk appearing.

"He sure looks lonesome.. I wonder if his sister is the same way." She said as she then went to look for the other Bell. And when she found her, she found her right next to a boy. "Well... she found a date.." She said as she looked around some more. "God I wish something exciting would happen all ready.. I'm about ready to go back to the common room and drink."

Julie said as she crossed her arms. Being bored like she was isn't something she usually liked. She was far too use to being active and destroying something or two.. Or being a complete bitch to someone. It was just her style. Though she was still amused at how that blonde girl she made fun of reacted.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am

Miranda glided into the hall, her violet gown sweeping elegantly around her. For once, she wasn't coated in dirt, and her face shone with a sparkling lotion. Her short, blonde hair was curled so it danced gracefully on her shoulders. Her hands twisted nervously in the front of her skirts. She spotted Belle and smiled, but then noticed she was talking with Dean....
She sighed and anxiously scanned the room for any sign of Sitka, to no avail. Plucking up her courage, she approached the chatting pair.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:50 am

John hadn't had much of an aversion to Ed, even after he caught John's clothes on fire. He hadn't had too many friends during his time here at Hogwarts, just enough to count on one hand. John was lucky that Ed could put up with his spacing out and occasionally not listening to whatever was going on. Jenny, another friend of his, had absolutely hated it when he had done that - though, she still remained close, but admonished him every time his eyes glazed over and his mind wandered off.

"Ah, yeah, it happens, but now you're here and the limitations are endless!" John gestured his one hand out grandly. He grinned before laughing and stroking his chin. "I don't know, Ed, I think you'd look dashing with a beard. I think all the teenage girls would fall head over heels for you if you had a beard," John teased.

"Hey, Molly," he called to his niece who was walking by to go grab some punch, "don't you think Professor Once Ler would look dashing with a long white beard like Dumbledore's?" He watched as his niece blinked blankly at him... probably wondering what the hell he was talking about, and who this new professor was.

"Uhm... sure Uncle John, whatever you say," she gave him a weird look before going on her way. John chuckled and turned back to his friend.

"See, I told you. Dashing. Now, go, grow a beard at once!" He grinned. It was nice to have someone to joke around with, though he did look like quite the spectacle, but that was just John Smith for you. He may seem crazy, but he wasn't... not really, anyway. For the most part. Depends on who you ask, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grand New Years Ball
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next