Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Grand New Years Ball

Go down 
+39
Valerie Boleyn
Evaine Moonblood
Nefertiri Wynters
Miranda Melgrove
Craig Rivera
Jayden Andrada
Edward Once-ler
Ambrose Maguire
Jessica Landon
Belle Mallery
Aquata Lakeshore
William Princeton
Asami Sato
Penelope Baudelaire
John Smith
Akasha Wynters
Angela Alexander
Jim Hawkins
Molly Starkey
Aileen Quinn
Gwyneira Baines
Luciana St. Clair
Liam Hurst
Natalie McCutchen
Dean McCoppin
Vivienne Darkbloom
Laura Bell
Lianna Grey
Lexi Alvarez
Vanessa Corvus
Grace Wang
Juliette Valentine
Brieanne Devereaux
Waycca Louise
Rose Lestrange
Todd Cross
Jane Pevensie
Alliss Rivera
Minister of Magic
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 am

Juliette pushed him.

"Stop flattering yourself. She is only enjoying the torture you're giving me!" She said as she continued to dance with him. She couldn't believe how much a ego this guy had. And how much he seemed happy that people smirked at him. It even annoyed her that he was like this. Especially since he never got hurt by her remarks.

Usually people would give her a glare and just walk off angrily.. But he just made it a joke. Everything seemed like a joke for him.

Last edited by Juliette Valentine on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:50 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 am

A light pink blush formed across Penelope's face and she gave him a smile. "Thanks. Yeah, that's true, but there are quite a few people here... I think it'll be less intimidating in the common room," Pen smiled. She did quite enjoy the common room. It gave her such a warm, cozy feeling and the fire always calmed her down.

Penelope's blush deepened suddenly and she let out another laugh. "O-oh, t-thanks. I-I got it for Christmas... f-from my sister," She smiled and then let out another laugh and looked down. "Yes, well, if you... you can borrow it any time you want." She couldn't help but think how nice it was to interact with someone outside of her family. She loved her family dearly, but this was nice. Though this stuttering... she found it quite annoying, but impossible to stop.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:54 am

"Yes, though you might have you avoid some of the people who'll be smuggling alcohol in there. I predict it'll get pretty rowdy," he replied, vividly remembering certain nights in that very same common room.

He couldn't help the smile that bloomed upon hearing her stuttering again. Oh, what an accomplishment it was to bring her to that state. "How very generous of you, Miss Penelope! You can keep the flats, though - I prefer heels," he mused, grabbing a cookie from a nearby refreshment tray and taking a bite, just to give his hands something to do.

((I don't know why it's so fun to make him call her 'Miss Penelope' but it is definitely catching.))
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:59 am

"Torture? You mean you're not enjoying it yet? Come on, I'm a wonderful dancer and an extremely conscientious partner- you should be very proud to get a dance with me," he declared, though smiled at his own ego. "I don't feel particularly tortured at all and you're being far meaner to me"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:04 am

Juliette scoffed at what he said.

"I should? Well that's interesting.. I think you should be honored that I even said yes to dancing with you." She stated with a little smirk. Before she looked away with a big smirk. "And you seem to be taking it very well.. Cause everything is a joke with you." She said as she looked back at him.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:08 am

Penelope shrugged. "Oh, well, it can't be too bad, though, maybe a little interesting," Penelope smiled. She would probably not drink, maybe something very, very light. She doubt she had a high alcohol tolerance.

"Oh, I try, Mr. Todd," Penelope giggled. "Oh, well thanks. I quite like these flats..." flats... "Though perhaps a... t-toga would look better..." Penelope paused, pursing her lips and furrowing her eyebrows. "Huh, that was weird. I don't even know why I said that. Haha." Penelope laughed, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. What a very odd thing to say... Penelope thought to herself.

[haha, I think it's cute. Miss Penelope and Mr. Todd. It's all very classy. xD
Annnd. I debated not putting the toga thing in there... but... I had to... it was just... the perfect opportunity... >3>]
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:09 am

"My dear, life is a joke," he replied. "Just listen to the music- it's hilarious that they think we enjoy this. It's hilarious that you segregate people because of their coloured badge. It's absolutely hilarious that Gryffindors have a further walk than we do to their common room." He grinned a little at his own joke. "Stuff's funny if you don't take it too seriously"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 am

Juliette was suddenly caught off guard with what he suddenly said. She looked at him with a surprised look as he kept talking. And she swayed there and kept getting surprised at the words he spoke. Nobody ever said that kind of stuff.. And it felt really weird to her. It also felt weird that she actually agreed with him!

"For once.. I agree with you." She said shortly as her face went back to it's emotionless state. Due to she didn't want anyone else to have seen her look.. Though she was lucky that she was able to change her facial expression fast before anyone noticed.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:17 am

He grinned widely when Juliette seemed to, at least for a moment, genuinely approve.

"Aha! I shall have to use this against you now if you ever disagree with me again. You agreed with me, even if it was only once!" It certainly was a surprise. "Maybe this means I'm melting that icy persona? I knew I'd win!"
Back to top Go down
Evaine Moonblood

Evaine Moonblood

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 am

"I know but sometimes it's nice having a home cooked meal. Hogwarts is great and all but it's starts to taste the same after awhile." she said, smiling a little then his hand slipped around her waist. Lately Jim's been wanting him close to his side, which she didn't mind along as he doesn't become the jealous boyfriend type that wont let her do anything on her own. Her head shot up when she music started playing "Oh looks like their break is over." she said with a grin. Taking Jim's hand she smiled at Jim ""Oh i thought you would never ask." she giggled.
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 am

Juliette saw his wide grin and immediately regretted saying she agreed with him. And even rolled her eyes once again at him as she looked away.

But ended up having to look back at him at the last statement.

"You can't melt that, because it's who I am." She said. "I'm a cold, heartless person. You can't melt someone's personality." She stated, before hearing the song had changed again..

"Okay.. can I get out of here? I'm tired of hearing this music. And I'm ready to go drink."

Last edited by Juliette Valentine on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:24 am

((I was literally JUST thinking about the toga thing. This pleases Todd.
Also it pleases me. SO glad you put it in there!))

Todd for one wouldn't be drinking much tonight. He'd had enough of that at the Sticks, even if it had been a while ago. He was going to try and be a bit more cautious about that kind of thing.

Todd blinked, caught off guard by the toga comment. But he hadn't told post-amnesia Penny about that... She looked pretty confused herself, and he realized the sliver of memory must have found its way to the forefront of her mind. A slow grin spread across his face and he shook his head, repressing a chuckle as best he could. "That's...wow. I happen to own one of those, now that you mention it. Probably should've worn it tonight."
Back to top Go down
Akasha Wynters

Akasha Wynters

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 am

Akasha grinned and nodded, joining the others on the dance floor, moving her hips, arms and legs to the beat of the music. Her dancing skills were something she took pride in and loved to show off. Soon, she lost herself in the beat of the music, her movements matching each beat.

After a few minutes of dancing, Akasha suddenly came out of her trance-like state. She sensed something. Or someone. They felt familiar...very familiar.

Looking over her shoulder at her group of friends, she said, "Hey guys, I'll be back, I need to go get something." Without explaining herself any more, Akasha walked to the exit, avoiding the many dancing or socializing students.

((Akasha has left the Great Hall.)
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 am

"Excuse me, I thought I was meant to decide when we stopped dancing?" He tutted and tried to look serious for a few moments, but the facade was broken fairly quickly and he shook his head. "If you hate it that much, fine. Now, by you mentioning that you wanted to leave, might I take that as an invitation for me to follow you? I hardly think the other girls will treat me as well as you do this evening"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 am

Juliette raised an eyebrow at him as she gave him a serious look. Telling him that she wanted to leave. Now. Though she watched how his serious face just seemed to disappear. Before asking if he could come along. And once again having to give him the roll of her eyes. God how many times did she have to roll her eyes at him?

"If you don't interfere with my drinking.. then yes, yes you can follow me. And I'm sure they can treat you better. But if you really wanna follow.. Then you may." She stated as she backed up and quickly started to head out of the Great Hall to go back to the Slytherin Common Room.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 am

[Bahaha. Yay! Because it reminded me of that convo and I was like, crap she doesn't remember it... or does she? Razz]

Penelope looked up at him, a look of surprise on her face. He owned a toga? Really? That was... "That's so weird! What are the chances of that?" Penelope giggled. She hadn't really put two and two together, that perhaps she was remembering something. Maybe because it hadn't been enough, just a word. Toga. "Oh, I think you would have looked quite dashing in it; you definitely would have stuck out, that's for sure." Penelope let out another laugh. She was attempting to picture Todd in a toga, and was clearly amused by it.

"Though, I hope you don't mind me asking, but why in the world would you own a toga?" She questioned him, the smallest feeling of deja vu. She blinked and shook her head for a moment, before looking back up at him with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ambrose Maguire

Ambrose Maguire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 am

Ambrose caught up with the quick moving Juliette and nudged her lightly with his elbow. "Okay, I'll admit, they'd treat me better. But my ears are already ringing, the common room sounds nice"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Valentine

Juliette Valentine

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 am

"Okay.. then follow." She said, before continuing to walk off.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 am

Waycca took her friend's absence as an excuse to retreat to the refreshment table for a break. All that dancing was starting to wear her out, further proving how out of shape she was. She poured half a cup of spiked punch, filling the rest with some pumpkin juice. Getting wasted before the common room party even started didn't seem like a good idea. She stood leaning against the table and glancing around the ballroom, content to just watch people for right now. She had to admit, though, she was curious as to what Akasha could have needed right at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 am

Todd beamed down at her, refreshed by the familiarity of this conversation. "My brothers had this weird party for me one time and made me pack it in my trunk. Thought it'd come in handy or something," he explained. He remembered having this exact conversation with her so vividly, and it struck him then how very much he hoped for her to get her memory back. "We may have had this conversation before, so the coincidental-ness is kind of fabricated." Was this the right way to tell her she was remembering something instead of just having a random word pop into her head? Either way, he was thoroughly amused.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 am

"Well, of course, togas come in handy all the time, silly," Penelope giggled. When Todd mentioned that they may have already had this conversation before, she looked taken aback. Her eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly and her lips parted as she looked off to the side. "R-really?" She questioned softly. She didn't remember... but, it made sense to her. That would explain why the word toga came up out of blue and the odd deja vu feeling she was getting.

Penelope looked back up at him with a small smile on her face. "Huh, well, I suppose something was trying to get through," Penelope told him, her smile growing a bit. It was something small, but even the smallest thing was monumental. Remembering about togas could lead to so much more, and for that, Penelope was glad and very excited.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 am

"Of course! For example, if you have the urge to wear clothes, but not pants of any kind, a toga is there for you! Much comfier than a dress anyway, I'd imagine," he conceded with a chuckle.

"Well, I suppose it was," Todd agreed, grinning widely. "Just another example of the usefulness of togas: slightly jogging the minds of young blue-eyed women. The possibilities with togas are just endless!" This, at least, proved that her mind was making progress, slowly but definitely noticeable and very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 am

"Oh yes, perfect clothing for the lazy," Penelope laughed. She finished off her pumpkin juice and placed the empty cup on the table behind her. "Yes, some dresses can be quite uncomfortable... I've definitely seen a few out there that look it." Penelope gestured to the rest of the room with a small shrug.

Penelope studied his face for a moment, and her smile widened a little bit. He was happy, and she was glad for that. She was glad she could provide some bit of normalcy, for the both of them. She blushed a bit and looked down. "Y-yes, togas truly do come in handy. Who would have thought?" She smiled, looking back up at him.

[and now I have to go to work. D: I dunwanna. -lesigh- I shall be gone for, like four hours? Fun times~ will be on later though. <3]
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 am

((Aw, bye dear! May your four-hour fun times be as fun as the title implies!))

"Mm, yes," he murmured, glancing around at all the poofy attire. "This bow tie is surely much more comfy."

"Apparently the ancient Olympians would have thought. Good on them for inventing the things!" Todd had long since finished his cookie biscuit((forgot they're in the UK)), and now was absently thrumming his fingers against his side in time to the music. This evening was going extremely well - far better than he could have imagined. Yes, Brie had looked upset, and he'd need to talk to her about that later, but Penelope seemed to be doing okay, and that's what he'd been hoping for.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grand New Years Ball    The Grand New Years Ball  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grand New Years Ball
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14