Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ordinary Day (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

Ordinary Day (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 pm

(trying to get Gracie going again... I swear shes not always a bitch)

Grace sat at one of the large tables in the library, leaning over the tabletop onto her elbow. Her dark hair was up in a loose bun and she wore a red camisole with navy blue skinny jeans. She always dressed as if it were summer.
She had a book on charms open but had a book of forbidden and forgotten spells from the restricted section open inside of it. She sighed and read on about curses that destabilize the mind and decision making process. The only decision she cared about was whether a person was going to kill her or not, and she doubted a confusion spell would really save her life. She flipped the page. Bouncing her leg under the table to a silent rhythum.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 am

[hope you don't mind me inserting Molly here. <3]

Molly, dressed in her normal sweats and much too big for her sweatshirt, strolled into the library. These were her normal library clothes and, surprisingly, she had been spending more time in the library than she had ever intended to this year and it wasn't even Christmas yet! Molly's long red hair was pulled back into a high pony tail and her blue eyes scanned quickly over the spines of the books. Actually, she wasn't even in here for her own accord. She was searching for a book for her Uncle, who was spending his time goodness knows where. Molly had an inkling that he might be seeing someone, but who was behind her.

Letting out a small sigh, Molly headed back towards the Transfiguration section when she paused, seeing someone through the stacks of books, sitting at one of the large tables. It was Grace Wang, she had recognized her from classes. They hadn't really interacted much and even then things didn't seem to get off on the right foot; however, she didn't know the girl well enough to hate her. Maybe they could get along... acquaintances maybe?

Pursing her lips in thought, Molly glanced around to see if anyone else was in the library - for no particular reason at all. Then, she moved forward, hands clasped behind her back. She stopped in front of the table and smiled at the girl, hoping to keep a friendly air about. "Hey, it's Grace, right?" She asked. She didn't take much note to what she was reading, though it looked like it was a Charms book from where she was standing. "Studying it up, huh?" It was idle chit-chat, but she wasn't sure what else to say. Actually, she was probably sure she'd annoy the girl - she tended to annoy everyone, she was beginning to see - and would probably be asked to go away. Either way, she'd try and that was all she could do. Plus, she didn't feel like looking for the book for her Uncle, not just yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 am

(of course not!)

Grace looked up, most people didnt just wander into a conversation with her and she was tensed to get attacked. She loosened her shoulders seeing that it was a red head she'd seen in a few of her classes.
"Yeah, your Molly right?" Grace asked slowly, to assure her name was correct. She pulled her book closer to her chest, she didnt know whether or not this girl was a snitch and would hate to get caught reading a book from the restricted section.

"I guess, I'd rather take the studying home with me. Theres tons of stuff to do around here and nothing to do over the holidays, but I can't risk getting in trouble for taking the books home again so," Grace paused gesturing to a pile of books in front of her, that she was eventually going to read, "I'm studying."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 am

Molly gave her a small smile and nodded. "Yup, that's me!" She watched curiously as Grace pulled the book closer to her chest. It was an odd movement, she thought, but she didn't dwell too much on it. No need to start asking questions or anything. She then glanced at the other books she had in a pile in front of her and let out a low whistle.

"That's a lot of books. But yeah, I guess they don't take too kindly to books being taken home," She let out a small chuckle. She wasn't much for studying at home, only ever in school and only when she really felt like it. No, she had other things at home to occupy her time. "I wouldn't know, not much of one to study; I get so bored easily." Molly shrugged.

"So, you're studying, uh, Charms? I quite like that class, though, I'm more of a Transfiguration kind of gal." Molly then held her hand up to her throat. "When I'm not getting choked by snakes, that is..." Molly let out a nervous laugh. The memory was still fresh in her mind, and she didn't particularly like it, but it wasn't as if she'd be scared for life from Transfiguration or anything.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Grace pursed her lips, "Oh, I actually like, never study, but I've missed so much class as it is... So here I am, trying to finish all the work I missed."
Grace then leaned back and placed the book on the table, the pages against the wood so Molly couldn't see what she had been reading. She narrowed her eyes.

"That was you?" Grace asked, remembering that day. She had been slightly amused at the time but she wouldn't tell Molly that. "And actually I don't really enjoy charms, mostly Defense against the Dark arts for me," Grace said, the stack of books in front of her all DADA, she wasn't lying. Offensive and defensive spells were her specialty.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm

"Ah, I see. Then we have more in common than I thought," Molly chuckled. She stood there for a moment before realizing just how awkward that seemed, and pulled the chair in front of her out. She sat down, crossing on leg over the other as a habit she had. She then took a deep intake of breath and looked down, nodding.

"Yeah," she drawled out, "That would be me. It was stupid, I admit, to go along with the idea. It just seemed fun. But whatever... I'm okay now, that's all that matters I suppose." Molly waved her hand about before giving a small smile. She didn't blame Malfoy, not completely anyway. She had gone along with the idea and it was as much of her fault as it was his... though, the first couple hours after her recovery, she had a strong dislike for the boy. It was only natural to want to blame someone, but her Uncle gave her a stern talking to and sorted it all out. She knew better.

"Oh, really? The only thing I'm better at than Transfigurations is Defense Against the Dark Arts... wait, no scratch that. Flying, flying is probably my best subject," Molly chuckled. In all seriousness, though, DADA was her second best class. She's been considering, for a while, doing something in that field after Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary Day (OPEN)   Ordinary Day (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ordinary Day (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1