Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} Empty
PostSubject: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 am

Eli could feel the internal magic build up that came with being an elemental user. If he didn't release it in intervals it could build up and become uncontrollable and lethal. And neither were all that safe for students.

So he found himself in a white tank top and training pants, both of course were fire proof. It wouldn't be good if he set himself on fire. Than again, he wouldn't burn but everything else would. And that would not be the best thing for anyone.

Eli just snorted while tossing his cloak under a tree as he used the rocks of parkour equipment. Running up them, launching himself into a back flip and landing with all too practiced ease. That was enough to get his body awake enough to realize it was training time.

Aka, fire time.

A right hook that propelled fire from his hands while and left hook came to push fire out that direction.

It felt nice to let out the pent up energy that made him a bit restless on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 am

Waycca was watching from the edge of the lake, green eyes wide in fascination. That muscular guy was doing some crazy stuff. She recognized him as one of the new professors - what was with all the new, incredibly young teachers this year, anyway? It was going to drive her mad, she was sure of it.

She wandered closer to the action; he hadn't seemed to notice her yet, so she didn't want to get in his line of fire, literally. "Got some cool moves there," she called when she thought she was at a safe distance, one eyebrow raised. "You a gymnast or somethig?" She wasn't even going to try and mention the fire. It was way too obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:36 am

"Got some cool moves there," "You a gymnast or something?"

Eli stopped in his movements, turning his body on the balls of his feet to face the female voice that had asked him if he was a... gymnast?

"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that term." He recognized her from is all female class, which that in itself was bizarre...

"Miss Louise, right?" He asked, using his hands as he spoke. A horrible habit that came with having English as a third (or second) language. If they didn't get the words they got the motions.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:19 am

She watched him swivel to face her and smirked. "Yeah, I'm Waycca," she replied, rather amused by his talking with his hands.

"Anyway, a gymnast is someone who's all...bendy and can do that flippy stuff like you. Except now I guess it's obvious you're not one if you don't know what it is." Oh, hadn't she heard that he was from somewhere else? China? She figured they had a word for it in that language but it definitely wasn't worth the time.

((Sorry for the short post, I suddenly seem to have feelings T.T))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 am

"The flipy stuff?" It took Eli a moment for it to click in his head what she meant. Gymnast was someone who walked a... what was it again? A balance beam or bean? Bean was a food so he knew that couldn't be right, it had to be the beam.

"No I'm not a gymnast." Eli chuckled out, trying to cover his failure in comprehending what the girl had asked. He still needed to release the energy as he spoke to Waycca so he let his hand crackle with a small, red flame. Red was the weakest fire. It slowly released the build up instead of killing it all like lightning.

Than again Lightning was seriously hard to control.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 am

Waycca's gaze flicked to a source of red - a fire spouting from his palm. "Woah, man...what's that called again? Bonding or...bending, yeah?" she queried. She vaguely remembered Molly asking about it in class, but she'd been so out of it that day it was hard to recall. "You can do that crap without a wand or anything, right?" Well, of course he could; he was doing right before her eyes, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 am

"In English yes this is called bending." Eli held his hand to the side and let a large burst of fire appear before simmering it down to the bold red flame that danced along his knuckles.

"yes, completely without a wand. It's genetic though but then again it's not a fun genetic ability either. Elemental magic is quite unstable. But do not worry, I'm in control. I've been practicing for years." Eli said with a shrug, many people seemed intrigued by the ability but after a while they were bored of it. Elemental bending without wands was a skill for war, not peace.

Unless you were an air bender, those people were seriously too level headed for their own good sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:41 am

Waycca rocked forward on her toes and examined it. When he let out the bigger burst, she could feel a bit of the head radiating off of it for the split second it was there. "Dude," she murmured. "That's pretty cool."

She glanced up at him and squinted, head cocked to the side. "How come I've never heard of you guys, then? Do they only exist in...uh, your...land?" Oh, geez, Waycca was sure she was sounding more offensive by the minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 am

Eli raised an eyebrow at Waycca before chuckling once more.

"Yes, it's more of an Asian wizard 'trick.' Families trained and used forbidden magic to create bloodlines abilities. Bending is one of the only ones that exist today." Eli used his teacher voice to explain it, trying his best not to sigh or sound a bit bitter about it all. Bending ruined people's lives.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 am

Waycca blinked, surprised she was actually right about that. They only came from Asia? How odd. "It looks really...well, beautiful. Do you...like it?" she asked hesitantly. He probably got asked about these things all the time and would likely soon grow bored of her questions, but her curiosity was gnawing at her. "I mean...uh, is it enjoyable? Or...painful? Well, y'know, painful to you, not the people you can...singe."

Last edited by Waycca Louise on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 am

(( I lol'd so hard omfg and I kept trying to save thinking this xD I kept thinking I was on word ))

Eli was surprised she found it beautiful. Most people thought it was destructive and only a means to an end. But could he answer her honestly?

"Sometimes... sometimes it's a little unbearable. Some moments I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't burn something and usually that's when it gets really intolerable. I can hurt people if I'm not careful... not that I try to hurt people but I can. Then there are the moments when fire lights up a dark place and warms people, when it restarts plant life cycles.

"It's a double edged sword, moments it can be enjoyable yet others can be painful," Eli almost sore the giant burn on his forearm had a sudden ache to it as he began talking about if he liked it or not.

"I cannot be burned by my flames or fires caused by my flames but others can burn me with theirs."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 am

"Oh..." Waycca murmured, processing all that. Then an idea sprang to mind. "Seems like a lot to deal with. I'm guessing a bunch of people talk to you about your bending thing. But what about...you? Like, I know firebending can't be the only thing you do. Any...um...hobbies?" She didn't want him to think she only saw the fire part of the equation. He was a person, too, with a whole personality and everything. She was sure the fire was only a part of his life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:14 am

Eli blinked, almost astonished. He had been asked about himself beyond his inherited ability.

"I... uh..." Eli almost felt suddenly at a loss of what to say.

"I'm a writer, I've published a novel that's on the best sellers list... I read, teach, and I train. That's... pretty much my, current, life in a nutshell." Eli stated. Would it for socially weird to ask about Waycca? Western Cultures deemed it weird for people of different age differences to unsafe for most parties.

Oh to hell with it.

"What about you? What do you do for fun?" Plus it would help him understand more of Western Culture...

Right?
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:19 am

He seemed a bit shaky at first, but he definitely got into the groove of things. Waycca grinned, nodding. A writer? That was definitely on her top five most interesting jobs.

She raised her eyebrows and turned her face toward the sun, eyes half closed as she thought. There were quite a few things she liked to do. But ones she found particularly fun were a bit harder to distinguish. She tilted her head back toward him and said, "I like reading, -you'll have to let me see your book sometime - lazing around, hanging with my aunt, and uh...I like learning things, I guess? But not specifically school stuff."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:29 am

Eli was surprised, not many children were readers these days.

"I have a copy translated in to English in my classroom, but I'm unsure if it would... be interesting to you. Some of the translation is... well... left to be desired." Eli stated but would be more than happy to show it. Not that she'd ever really know how much of that book was nonfiction. Not that he'd ever really want anyone to know how much of it was nonfiction...

"And I wasn't one for school either." Not that he actually ever went to school... except for college. And that was a harsh adjustment.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Waycca shrugged. "Most translated books are that way, but I'm sure I'll get the idea of it" she said, running a hand through her own hair. She'd definitely have to settle for the translation, though. She couldn't read any other language besides English(and Pig Latin but she hardly thought that counted).

"Yeah, I like hearing stuff about the real world, how stuff works and....fits together," she conceded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm

"Yeah, I assume you most likely would. Or at least I hope, it would suck if you didn't... but then again I must be doing something right if it's a best seller." Eli said with a shrug, not at all really caring. He was quite content with moving the conversation away from himself and more to other topics of interest.

"How stuff works and fits together. Seems like a noble thing to like. Bonds are something needed in all aspects of reality."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 pm

"Noble seems a bit an exaggeration, but it sounds pretty good the way you put it," she smirked. "You seem to put everything into a poetic perspective. Any interest in poetry, Mr. Writer?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm

(( you're the second person today to tell me I write poetically. xD ))

"Poetry? Not really. I could never stand to be confined to a standard plus I could never make anything under five thousand words long. Just not my style. And... Mr. Writer?" Eli said with an edge of confusion to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Waycca raised her eyebrows and poked him lightly in the ribs. "Y'know, 'cause you're a writer?" she ventured, wondering if he simply didn't get it or if it was another case of his being from another country. "Maybe Mr. Author would have been more accurate...?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:58 pm

(( I just found out who Susan Boyle was. ))

Eli almost attempted to deflect her hand on sheer instinct alone nut ultimately knew better than to actually touch the student; even in a self defensive way.

"Uh, or Eli or Professor Ezra works too." The fire bender was a bit baffled by why she was calling him Mr. Writer and Mr. Author. Neither were his name.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Waycca let out a laugh and shook her head in amusement. "It's just a nickname, dude! Fine, though, Professor Ezra." She peered up at him for a moment, studying him. "You're...interesting. Kinda odd, too," she murmured. "You ever taught before? Like... in your homeland or whatever?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm

"I lecture at a College. This is my first time teaching anything of the Wizarding arts." Eli admitted.

"though I seem to not be the only first time teacher which is incredibly odd. Did the teacher from last year all end up meeting their ends in some anticlimactic way? I'm unsure but it's odd that so many students skip class or teachers are too new." The fire bender thought for a moment before just going on to a different topic. He'd ask Jayden later about his thoughts on the situation.

"But I have around four years of lecture and I taught other fire benders how to control their abilities."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 pm

His rambling was rather entertaining - though, of course, she had always been pretty prone to that kind of thing."Ooh, cool. From college students to angsty teens," Waycca said, smirking. "But this has to be a different environment, right? You like this gig so far? Teaching at Hogwarts, that is," she added with a tilt of her head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 pm

"It's... different. If all the boys keep skipping class I'll have one class of all girls. Fun." The fun was as dry as the day was long.

"I'm just hoping girl won't start attacking each other in the middle of the class like I've heard happened in others. What's the point of petty drama, anyway? It's not like you have to see this person after Hogwarts... unless you go into the same profession, but anyway that's something up of philosophical debate." Eli let his hand exploded into a fire before it died down. He orange-hued irises looked at the hand. His eyes then flicked back to Waycca.

"Don't mind that, Miss Louise. It happens randomly sometimes if I'm not paying attention."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}   I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca} Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Honestly Not The Best Talker {Tag: Waycca}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next