Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} Empty
PostSubject: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 pm

(Takes place the Saturday after the first week of classes)

Dean yawned and rubbed his eyes, it was late in the afternoon and he had been staring at papers and small pieces of machinery all morning. He had wanted to get all the work he had needed done finished before Monday so that way he would have time on Sunday to get see about bringing his bike to the school. But it seemed exhaustion was catching up with him, he sighed and shoved his work into a drawer. He threw his feet up onto his desk and leaned back in his hair, he settled his hands over his stomach and closed his eyes. A little nap couldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AislingFairy89
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Waycca had been lounging on the grounds all evening, watching the sky all the while and waiting for it to turn that perfect purple-orange shade. However, boredom eventually got the best of her and she decided to find something to occupy her as she waited. She wandered the first floor for a while before coming upon a familiar door. Rather than knocking this time, she slowly eased it open, peeking into the darkening room in search of a certain dark-haired professor. She had no idea why, when she saw him snoozing away at the desk, she didn't leave.

The brunette took a few steps inside, letting the door fall closed behind her with a soft 'whump'. She crossed her arms when she got to the middle of the room, just standing there and chuckling at his sleeping form. She crept to the seat in front of his desk and leaned over it, a smirk laced in her features. "Professor?" she said, making sure her voice was a good few notches louder than normal conversation would require.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:06 pm

His subconscious mind heard the noises around them, but found a way to integrate them into his dream. A soft thump became the distant clatter of a wrench on a concrete floor. He shifted slightly when the noise reached his ears but didn't wake.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Waycca grinned, satisfied that it wasn't going to be that easy. She made her way around the desk, to the side on which he was and shifted so that she was crouching, lips right next to his left ear. "Deaaaan," she whispered. "The lovely Miss Louise has popped in for a visiiit." She wasn't sure where she'd gotten all the courage to be right next to him, but he continued to smell like coffee grounds. Maybe the scent got trapped in his teeny facial hair. She giggled at the thought, but quickly quieted herself.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

His hand came up and scratched his cheek as a brush of warm air tickled his skin. Once the irritation was gone, he settled back and slid farther down in his chair.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm

"Oh. My. Gosh," Waycca hissed to herself, shooting upright and glaring down at him. "Dean! Hey, dean! The coffee is running away! I repeat, the coffee is running away! Oh, n- it's taking my socks! The coffee has taken my socks, Dean!" she shouted, coming up with it as she went. "They've hijacked the car! They've put a whole in the wall! Coffe grounds, why!"

((I'm kind of...um...loopy...tonight.))
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Dean's eyes popped open when the shrill voice reached his ears, forcefully dragging him from dreamland. he jolted forwards and slipped out of the chair and onto the floor between his chair and the desk.

He glared up at the offending noise, "Why are you yelling!" he bellowed.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Waycca grinned widely, just taking in the scene of him on the floor like that. She stooped to a crouch, expressions still the definition of pleasure. "Well, I tried twice to get your sleepy bum up. I figured third time was the charm, so it'd better be impressive," she conceded. She honestly found Dean yelling rather amusing.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 pm

"Why did you have to wake me up," he groaned, running a hand over his face, "I was actually enjoying that nap."

He pulled himself to his feet and placed his hands on his lower back before leaning backwards and popping his spine back into place. Then he rolled his shoulders working the stiff muscles.

"Damn, why can't you just let people sleep like a normal human being might?"
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Waycca stood slowly. "I don't reckon I do a lot of things like normal people might," she mused, studying him as he stretched with a smirk plastered on her face. "Not my fault you have reflexes like a jungle cat, but joints louder than a depressed elephant."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Dean gave her a dead look, "Really, you're going to make fun of my joints now? Just after you woke me up?"

He sighed, "What are you doing in my classroom anyway? It's Saturday, shouldn't you be out doing something, anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Waycca shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest, mood growing a bit more solemn. "I was hanging out with a few compadres, but the sun was all 'I'm going down' and I was all 'Okay, I'll watch you!'. But then it took way too long so I started just walking and ended up here. So very sorry to disturb your slumber, sir, but I wanted to see if you were ready to quit yet after a week," she retorted, feeling rather childishly offended that he was so grumpy by her presence. Of course, she fully deserved it, but she decided not to think about that.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

"You realize the sun isn't going to go down for another few hours right?" Dean shook his head, "What attraction is there to watching the sun anyway?" he muttered, sitting back down in his chair, properly this time.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Waycca blinked, face falling a bit. "Oh." She circled back around the the chair in front of his desk, easing into it and raising an eyebrow at him. "Are you serious? It's beautiful! Poetic, even! It's a day slowly melting into night, the sun's daily cycle slowly easing to a rest," she said, trying to inject as much sincerity as she could. "And that's not even mentioning the science of it all! The chemicals of pollution and the sun's rays mixing together to form an ever-changing display of color. That is the attraction."
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm

"I'm chalking it up to a girl thing," he said waving his hand, "When I was in scho the only a time a guy even thought about the sunset was when he was planning a date."

"I'm actually impressed that you understand the science behind it though," he complimented, "that a very muggle thing to know."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Waycca shrugged noncommittally, smirk returning. "As I may have mentioned, my aunt knows quite a few muggle things. When I was fifteen, I commented on how groovy the sunset looked one day and she proceeded to lecture me about how human beings are butchering our planet," she said.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm

"I can't really comment on that," Dean shrugged, "I'm all about the things that cause the most pollution."

He pointed up at the mustang and grinned to himself, "I wouldn't be able to live without them, and besides, muggles are working on creating cars that run on electricity instead of gasoline, so the problem will be solved eventually."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Waycca raised her eyebrows, rocking back in her chair with her feet braced on the desk to see the car better. "Will they do that for your precious bikes, too?" she queried, returning her gaze to him and cocking her head.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 pm

"Some companies already have," he nodded, "but my guilty pleasure is the classics, I don't see the attraction to a bike that looks like a space ship. I'll take a good 1960's Harley over that any day."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:49 pm

"Oh, of course. Pleasure over the well-being of your home planet. Sounds legit," she trilled. "Can't say I'd expect much more from a man who'd value his car over his own life. You sure do have your priorities in order, hm?"

((Insert Jim face here.
Now I must sleep.))
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:54 pm

"Of course," he replied with a shrug, "I'll die eventually one way or another. The machines however will be around for a lot longer."

Yes, his reasoning was skewed, his father told him that on a regular basis, but that would never change his way of thinking. Not even Waycca's scathing sarcasm could manage that.

((have a good night, I'm going to TRY to do the same Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 am

Waycca nodded. "I reckon I can't sway you from that," she said, getting to her feet and wandering over to a window. She rested her elbows on the window sill and let her chin drop into her fists.

"How long 'til sunset?" she asked, glaring out at the sky. It still looked frustratingly bright out.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:39 am

Dean glanced at his watch and shrugged, "About an hour or two maybe. Why are you so dead set on seeing it anyway? the sun sets every day so it isn't like you can't see it tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:47 am

Waycca shook her head. "Yeah, but I might not wanna see it tomorrow," she sighed, absently running a hand through her own hair. "I didn't want to see it yesterday. I change my mind all the time. Nope, today's gotta be the day." She tapped the window with her fingernail to punctuate her point.
Back to top Go down
Dean McCoppin

Dean McCoppin

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 am

"Okay then, have fun with that, but if you're gonna stare aimlessly out the window waiting for the sun to go down, then I am going back to my nap."

He settled himself back in his previous position with his feet propped up on the desk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}   Nap Time {Tag: Waycca} Empty

Back to top Go down

Nap Time {Tag: Waycca}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: