Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

[tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? Empty
PostSubject: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 am

[set in Vivienne's estate a few days before Halloween. Posting order is as follows:

1. Viv
2. Rose
(just for the sake of my Rosienne feels, I kinda want them to go back and forth for a bit.)
3. Aileen
4. Juliette

So, just to keep it organized, that's what the order is. xD Kay, here we go.)

Vivienne sat in a velvet covered chaise near a window, her face cold and unyielding. She was still haunted by the news of Aurora's death, haunted by the mere idea of it. How could she die? Not that Vivienne doubted the potency of Avada Kedavra, but.. if she really loved Rose, how could she leave her behind? How could her soul bear the burden of hurting her?

Vivienne shook off her distressing thoughts and turned towards the door, patiently expecting visitors. It was getting fairly close to Halloween, so she took it upon herself to call a meeting to order. Honestly, she just wanted to see Rose, but it'd be odd to have her over and not have the others. Her father kept a close eye on her.. and even more so now than ever.

She heard the chiming doorbell ring, and got up swiftly, her dark green daydress trailing behind her as she opened the door, smiling at the first arrival.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 am

Rose had recieved the invitation to meet the vipers at Vivienne's place, and hadn't originally been all that up for it. She had been avoiding Evie. She wasn't sure why, but part of her felt as if she were betraying Aurora's memory when dedicating some of her time to Vivienne. It was an odd, unnecessary feeling but one she couldn't seem to shake. She had hoped it would wear off, it had been a couple of days or so, so far, it hadn't really budged. Nonetheless, as a part of the vipers, it was her duty to attend and discuss the upcoming Halloween. It was well known that the Death Eaters were planning something big, to hit Hogwarts hard, and that Bellatrix was involved as a key centre piece. Just what she needed, the others quizzing her on her mother's bizarre plans that she had no inkling of. The Dark Lord didn't trust Rose enough yet to part with information of this importance. Like she hadn't proved herself already.

Rose had been greeted fearfully by the servants who met her at the doorway but pleasantly by Vivienne's father who always seemed pleased to see his daughter associating with a member of the Lestrange household. She nodded and made polite smalltalk before heading to Evie's room. She knew the house inside out and soon found her own way there.

"Hey," Rose bit her lip rather awkwardly as she casually strolled through the doorway. She didn't know what to say. Had Vivienne heard about Aurora? Goodness knows, but she was sure the others would be here soon and maybe that would break the tension. Meanwhile, she'd just avoid Evie's eye contact as she leaned against the wall.

(Ooooops, totally missed the last two lines of your post xD Lets pretend she has a doorbell on her bedroom door... trolol x3)
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Vivienne's facial expression changed as soon as Rose walked through the doorway. The way she said that single word bothered her to the core. Her brown eyes drifted off, looking at the clean carpet. "You haven't been around lately," she said, hurt lacing her words, "You're avoiding me again."

She silenced herself, wetting her lips before parting them again, noticing how Rose's eyes were straying away from her, anywhere but her.. and that tore her apart. "Rosie, please look at me," she said quietly, adjusting her position in the plush chair beside the window yet again, "I know what happened with her, and I'm very sorry for your loss."

The words were there, but was she telling the truth? To put it simply, she didn't know herself. She was sorry for Rose's suffering.. all the tears she had shed and the pain, but Aurora's death? Not so much. It was a horrible thing to think, but part of Vivienne didn't care. Part of her was only concerned for Rose.. and the other part felt guilty.

"I shouldn't have to send out a formal invitation to see you. I should see you anyhow. I mean damn, Rose.. you're my girlf--" She stopped herself, then and there. She did it again. Her eyes retracted back to the floor, then back up at her, then back down.. Vivienne honestly didn't know why that kept slipping out.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Rose brushed her hair behind her ear awkwardly, twiddling a strand between her fingers and seeming quite engrossed in the simple action. Vivienne's words stung her, but she had not much idea of what to retort. She had been avoiding her, it was true and obvious - but nothing she could say would make any sense when spoken aloud. Her feelings confused her, she couldn't articulate them particularly well.

When Evie requested Rose to look her, she couldn't deny the pleading nature of her voice so instantly she turned her head and their eyes met. Silence. Not that many words were needed, her hands shifted, fingers interlocking with each other as she tried to overcome the barrier of tension between them both. When Aurora was mentioned, Rose had no choice but to look away. She couldn't bare the weakness of tears and she was sure they would overcome her if she had held their gaze. She just nodded, she didn't want to talk about the matter further.

"I know you shouldn't Evie," Rose bit her lip but managed to regain her strength and look her back in the eye. "And I am sorry." She half-meant the apology, a part of her would rather still be avoiding her, it was so much easier in some respects. "I've just needed some space to think." She explained before finding more comfortable seating arrangements as she placed herself onto the edge of Vivienne's bed gently.

Rose heard the 'girlf-' ending to Vivienne's sentence and shook her head ever so slightly, raising an eyebrow rather quizzically. She minded the reference, perhaps it was because Aurora's death was still so fresh, she had enjoyed it when hearing it before. It made her pause and try to analyse her feelings once more. No luck. She was still utterly confused.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Vivienne had to look into Rose's eyes just for one second and she understood. She understood everything in that one instant. Sudennly, she realized that mentioning Aurora was a bad road to take, and she retreated as well.

Frustrated with herself and almost wishing Rose didn't look back at her, Vivienne rose slowly out of her seat, going over to her closet. "If you needed some time away from me," she started, opening the door to the closet and stepping halfway into it, starting to change her clothes, "You really should've just said so." Her bare back showed for just a moment before she slipped on a deep purple blouse over it, accompanied by a sweeping black skirt.

After giving herself the one-over, she sat back down, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry," she said timidly, looking elsewhere, "It keeps slipping out." After a moment of contemplation, she decided to ask Rose a very sensitive question. "Rose.. you, um.. you know that I'm.. I'm a bit.. different when it comes to relationships, don't you? I-I mean.. I don't want to freak you out, but.. I am. I just wanted you to know.. I felt like I was ready to tell you, that's all."

Oh Vivi, you compulsive white liar.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:40 am

Rose was glad that Vivienne had decided to drop the topic of Aurora, leaving her to erase the painful memory from her own conscious thought. Yet, it only brought forth frustration as

"If I would have seen you to tell you so, it would not have counted as space now, would it? I would have had to confront you about it," Rose's hand began to play with a strand of hair, a general habit of hers when nervous, flicking it aside, she sighed and looked once more toward Evie. "But I could have sent a letter by owl, I will bare that in mind next time." She hoped Vivienne wouldn't push the matter further, she really did hate apologising - a flaw of her proud nature.

As Vivienne undressed, Rose smirked and raised an eyebrow, before looking down uncertainly. She was still rather coy, she hadn't admitted to herself the truth of her sexuality even now and was finding it difficult to come to terms with. That, and she wasn't sure what her families views were on such things. After Aurora, she wouldn't risk Evie aswell. Another wash of pain swept over her face before she masked it over with a look of indifference.

Rose waved away the comment about the girlfriend word, until she began to ask deeper questions. She paused, she had never considered Vivienne's reciprocation of her feelings before particularly, yes, she was aware they cared for one another as best friends - but she had never thought it could seriously be more. One of the reasons she had tried to deny her feelings, friends with benefits perhaps, but actual emotional and romantic entanglements... they were messy. Her mouth opened briefly, before she shut it and simply responded with a curt nod.

"I know..." Rose said in a distant voice. "And I am fine with it, as long as it is kept within the constraints of private affairs." Meaning, in less convoluted language, she would be alright with her preferences in relationships if she kept it out of public knowledge, as it was then, Rose would have to choose whether she wanted to live a life of lies and heterosexual arranged marriages, or trespass into the unknown depths of her own feelings.
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 am

"I don't want there to be a next time," said Vivienne firmly, folding her arms neatly against her chest, "That's one thing I don't want. I hate it when you keep things from me, Rose. I thought you would know that by now.. but no matter. It was a simple error."

"I know.. and I am fine with it, as long as it is kept within the constraints of private affairs."

Relief showed on Vivienne's face as those words left her friend's lips, but it was soon replaced with a slightly chilly expression. "I feel like you're asking me to hide a part of me from the world," said Vivienne, turning towards her nightstand. There were little oddities on it; hairpins, a small chest full of neatly wrapped bon bons, and a portrait of her father and late stepmother. If one looked closer, they could see that there was a bold red 'x' crossing out her face.. and it was all Vivienne's doing.

"I don't like being restrained, Rose.. I despise it.. but I have to be sometimes, for the sake of being loved. My father doesn't know about my sexuality.. and that's not the only thing he doesn't know about," she nodded over to the portrait, "I get what I want and what I desire. If I want someone gone and they don't let themselves out.. I do it myself. Father wants me to marry some.. haughty little rich boy and live a seemingly idyllic life, but.. I have my own plans."

She looked Rose in the eyes, putting a hand on top of hers, "As much as I don't like keeping secrets.. I'll keep quiet about my differences. But, you must understand this, Rosie.." she said quietly, reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind Rose's ear, "When I feel like the time is right to reveal myself to the others, I'm going to do it.. and I'm not asking for your permission."

(ughjustfreakingloveeachotheralready gosh)

Back to top Go down
Rose Lestrange

Rose Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

"Neither of us want there to be a next time, but neither of us can predict the future," Rose raised a finger as she made her point, before backing down slightly once more. She did so hate giving into anyone. "But, an error I shall try not to repeat nonetheless." She admitted as she slid gently off the bed and went to stand beside Evie, admiring her nightstand.

"Could I have a bon bon?" Rose gestured towards the wrapped delicacies, she always did have a weakness for the pink powdered toffee's. They were hard, but sweet all at the same time. She noticed the red cross through the woman's face, she was observant like that, but decided not to comment as it seemed personal, as if, just her noticing it was an intrusion on Evie's privacy, so she quickly averted her gaze.

"We all have to be restrained, we all have to keep secrets, no-one likes it, but it has to be done nonetheless," Rose stated bluntly, deciding this was a point she wouldn't let go of quite so easily. Vivienne exposing her own preferences, could lead to suspicions about Rose herself, and that she couldn't have. It was too soon, and she wasn't even sure she wanted to live her life so openly. It seemed a ridiculous thought, choosing to live her life forcing feelings she didn't have, but it was her choice all the same. Besides, she wasn't even sure how she felt, she wasn't about to ruin her prospects fighting for teenage confused and flaky ideas about love.

"Understood," Rose responded neatly, shivering slightly at Evie's brief touch. She did understand her words, they were perfectly clear and made sense. It would just depend on the exact timing to whether it made or broke their friendship, relationship, thing. She wasn't even sure what it was.

"Where do you think the other girls are?" Rose decided a change of topic was in order to lighten the mood. "And how about that bon bon?"

(I knooooow, theirfirstkissisgoingtomakemesquealiswear)
(Think the Viper's should join after Rose and Vivi's next posts? <3)
Back to top Go down
Vivienne Darkbloom

Vivienne Darkbloom

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Vivi nodded, simultaneously taking a small key from a drawer on the nightstand and unlocking the chest. "I figured you'd like one," said she, the girl smiling, "I knew they were a favorite of yours, so I made some myself from scratch earlier this week."

She sat down gingerly on her bed soon after, running her hands through her long tresses once again. She absorbed the sound of Rose's voice -- the sound that she loved dearly. She adored how crisp and flowy her voice sounded.. it was just like music. The inner workings of Vivienne's mind worked hard to process her words, and she couldn't help but blurt out, "Are you just telling me to keep the real me a secret because you're not sure about yourself? I know you Rose. I think I know you better than you know yourself.. but I don't think you're ready to accept that yet."

After feeling Rose shiver from her touch, Viv let her fingertips graze Rose's right cheek and the side of her neck, admiring how soft and supple her skin was. She was so engrossed in looking at Rose's face that she almost forgot to answer the question. "Um.. well, they'll be along soon, I suppose. Father told me he'd let me know if they arrived.." she trailed off, noticing her hand was now cupping Rose's cheek. After a moment, she looked away from Rose, placing her hand back in her lap.

(somuchromantictensionIcant. And yes ma'am, I believe that can be arranged <3)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?   [tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies? Empty

Back to top Go down

[tag: THE VIPERS] Well, We Meet Again, Don't We, Ladies?
Page 1 of 1