Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} Empty
PostSubject: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm

[shall we slow posters try to continue? Razz]

"I mean... you're pretty... I guess... haha, just not..."

Miranda chuckled. "Don't hurt yourself now, John. I don't think I'm ready for a relationship anyways.

"Yes, I quite think we may be too old for such games... plus, I'm... in a sort of relationship as it is."
Miranda raised an eyebrow. "A sort of relationship?" she asked curiously.

"Classes have gone.....," she hesitated, thinking about how the imperius curse had made her torture those cornish pixies. "well...for me. It is a joy to be able to wake each day to do something I love so much. As for resolutions?" she shrugged. " I always have a few." Her resolutions for this year had been quite personal. She had resolved to fight harder to move past Tony's death. "I resolved to journey a bit deeper into the forbidden forest this year. There are still creatures in there I have yet to meet.And I would so love to meet them all."

She leaned her head in her hands, eyes wandering to the clouded window, gazing into the blue sky. Her thoughts raced, blending seamlessly with one another. They jumped from Tony to the pixies, to the unicorns to the centaurs, and other creatures in the forest. The fingers on her right hand gently traced her left ring finger, vaguely remembering the feel of her engagement ring.

Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 am

[-snort- yes, that sounds like a plan xD]

John cleared his throat for a moment before taking another sip of his cold butterbeer. He was very good at digging himself into a hole, was most of his life. There were only a few who could deal with him. John then smiled once more as he put his butterbeer down onto the table. “Yes, the most interesting kind, I believe.” He wasn’t exactly about to spill his guts to her, especially about Vanessa. They weren’t exactly hiding their relationship, but they weren’t open about it either.

John could see her hesitation, but decided not to comment on it. He knew about keeping things secret and would not impose on her, not at this moment. Sometimes the curiosity got the better of him, but for now it was well sedated. “Oh, the Forbidden Forest?” John smiled. He hadn’t been in the Forbidden Forest since he was a teenager, sent in on a dare from Maxwell. He had detention for a week because of it. “That sounds quite intriguing, actually.”

John watched silently as she leaned her head into her hands, eyes wandering to the window. He watched as her fingers traced her left ring finger - the place where an engagement ring and wedding band would be placed. John used to do something similar after finally removing his a year after his wife died. John cleared his throat once more. “Uhm, so, have you ever been married?” He questioned not so subtly, but tried to look as innocent as possible.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 am

Miranda leaned forward, curiosity peaked. "Interesting? Oh do share," She didn't usually pry, she was just so used to people just opening up to her. It was a result of her warm and open personality. she just emanated trust.

She smiled mischievously. "You should join me on one of my trips sometime. Don't worry," she added quickly at the look on his face. "As a newbie I wouldn't take you in so far. We'd just...get your toes wet so to speak. There is so much life in there." Her eyes glazed over happily as her thoughts flew to her creatures. "Each creature has its own needs and even desires." She looked at him apologetically. "Sorry...I must sound like a lunatic." She smiled softly and tucked a lock of blonde hair behind her ear self consciously.

As her eyes focused on the street outside, she twitched quite strongly when he asked if she had ever been married. She hastily moved her hands to her lap.
"Um...no." she admitted. "Engaged. Several years ago....but...I guess it just wasn't meant to be."

[dude. why have these two not interacted sooner?? They connect on soo many levels! Both of their loved ones dying. Their daydreamy flighty personalites. hufflepuffs!! lol]
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

John snorted slightly. He gave a small shrug and leaned back in his chair slightly, crossing one leg over the other. "Ah, well," he gave a small shrug. He wasn't exactly sure how to word it. I'm dating a perpetually fifteen year old ghost. It was definitely an odd situation to have to describe. He hadn't even told Peter or Molly yet, but that time would surely come soon. He hoped anyway, because he wanted Vanessa to stay with him as long as possible. She was his world, really. "We're dating, but, the situation is interesting," he smiled. "I don't know. I liked her quite a lot when I was younger, a school boy crush really, so to be with her now is... it's a miracle... and I'm loving every second of it."

John chuckled. "Oh, well, how very thoughtful of you. It does sound quite enjoyable. It definitely is an... interesting place." Everything seemed rather interesting to him, really. "Oh no, not at all. Actually, compared to me, you're almost too sane." John snorted. Never get John rambling. He'll never stop and go off on different tangents on the weirdest things... like celery... Everyone compared to John looked sane.

John studied her face as she focused on the street outside. He gave her a soft smile, leaning forward towards the table once more. "Yes, I suppose things like that happen... some things just... don't work out... things happen... but life moves on, I suppose, and hey, maybe you'll find someone else?" John had. After losing Annie, he didn't think he'd really find anyone else who could put up with him. He never really looked either, though. He focused on raising his child and then... when he came back to Hogwarts... his life really seemed to turn around and brighten up.

[idek! They really do! It's kind of crazy, bahaha. HUFFERPUFFER FRIENDS UNTIL THE END! xDDD]
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 am

Miranda sighed wistfully. "Nothing like a first love, now is there? Our hearts never truly leave them." her eyes misted over. "No matter how much we try and move on. That love just never truly dies."
At least not yet. She thought...maybe...there was someone she might be willing to love, but her heart just wasn't ready for it. She couldn't let Tony go.

Miranda chuckled. "Well...it's nice to meet another Hufflepuff who can appreciate passion. What are YOU passionate about, John?"

Miranda sighed. "Maybe...I don't know if I'm ready for anything quite yet. Like I said...first love and all. Not sure if I can do that again." She forced a smile. "But today is too beautiful to spoil with tales of death and sadness."
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:01 pm

"Yes, I suppose that is the case," John nodded, the smallest hint of a smile present as he thought about Vanessa. John glanced up and noticed her misty eyes and gave her a rather sympathetic look. "No, it really doesn't. However, sometimes you meet someone else... and their love is just as equally beautiful." He knew from experience. He loved Vanessa with all his heart, and he had when he was very young, but Anne-Marie, his late wife, would always hold a special place in his heart. She wasn't his first love or even true love, if such a thing were to exist, but he had loved her so very much.

John let out a small snort and took a sip of his butterbeer. "Oh, please, don't get me started," John teased lightly. What was he passionate about? Well, lots of things. "Transfiguration is probably my biggest passion, I guess, were I to narrow it down. I've been trying to write a book on it, but it's going very slowly at the moment. I've put it on the back burner, but my passion has not died, obviously. I guess that's what to be expected, as I teach the subject, but yes. I find it quite fascinating. And ghosts... I find ghosts very intriguing." He thought the last comment was highly amusing, but kept that amusement to himself. There was an obvious reason as to why he thought they were intriguing, but it wasn't as if anyone else knew why.

"Well, maybe one day. First love may never die, but that doesn't mean it's the only love you shall ever experience." John nodded slightly at her next comment. Yes, perhaps she was right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}   Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith} Empty

Back to top Go down

Shall we try this again? {TAG: John Smith}
Page 1 of 1