Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Late night swimming [tag: open!]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Late night swimming [tag: open!] Empty
PostSubject: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Asyra had successfully sneaked out of the castle, at least it seemed so as she made it to the banks of Black Lake. She turned to look over her shoulder, glancing around into the darkness before shrugging. She had been looking forward to this since she she stepped onto the school's campus. With some effort, she managed to wiggle out of her uniform, revealing a bikini top and a skirt, for easy and awkward-less transformations. Her legs were spotted with bright white, pearl toned scales and she gently touched them with her hand.

"Looks like I was running out, huh?"

She asked the charm around her neck before dipping her toe into the water and squealing quietly. This was why she liked it, the water was cold! She had been use to warm water all her life that this almost felt like a treat. Asyra brushed her hair off her shoulders as she piled her clothes onto the dock with a towel. She took a deep breath before running and jumping off the dock and diving deep down into the lake. It only took a moment before she could take a breath and not manage to drown, and her legs quickly formed into one long tail. She squealed, swimming around in a circle excitedly before propelling herself out of the water in a fit of giggles before diving back down into it and continuing to do this a few more times.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Miranda walked quickly down the front steps of the castle, her feet moving silently down the stones. Her short blonde hair was tucked under her customary bandana. The cool air drew her robes tighter around her. Her mind had been racing endlessly since the ball. Being around so many new people always seemed to stress her out. What she needed was a nice night alone...outdoors.
But as she reached the lake, she noticed a figure bobbing in and out of the water's surface. Her eyes narrowed against the glare of the moonlight. She knew every creature that lived in that lake, and this one did not look in any way familiar. She sighed. It was probably a student.
Great. She thought. Cuz I'm so good at discipline.
She walked up to the edge of the water and noticed a wave of blonde hair and then the flick of a tail.
"Asyra?" she called.

[I'm working under the assumption they kind of know each other already, since she's a 6th year. If you want to change that, just let me know! Smile]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Asyra had managed to tire herself out now, skimming the surface of the lake as she looked up at the stars, it was quite relaxing actually. She had considered asking the Headmaster if she could sleep out here, but figured he'd say no, so she never got the nerve to ask. Her tail flicked in and out of the water, shivering slightly at the temperature differences but yet she was still relaxed, her blonde hair sprawled out in the water as she closed her pale blue eyes. However, it was only after she heard the voice of a familiar professor did she panic. Asyra threw her boy upwards to see if it wasn't just her imagination, then turned and dove back into the water. She couldn't help it, it was just a natural reaction to someone spotting her when she wasn't paying attention. The blonde perched herself on nearby rock, her tanned fingers gripping the top as she slid her body up it, poking her head up over the top, but only enough to see her eyes and stared down the blonde before revealing the rest of her head. She smiled nervously to the professor.

"H-hi Professor Melgrove!"

{No no! That's fine! 8D}
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Miranda smiled slightly at the young mermaid's reaction. So many water-dwelling creatures were so skittish! Even the giant squid was known to be startled. She waded into the water, towards the rock the girl was perched on.

"Asyra," she chided. "You know you shouldn't be out here on your own. If you want to come out here at night, just find me!"

She planted her hands on her hips in an attempt to be firm, but the warm smile on her face negated any effect that had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Asyra pulled herself up onto the rock entirely, her tail curling and dabbling in the water below. She bit her bottom lip as the woman walked closer, telling herself there was no reason to panic, after all Miranda was by far one of her favorite teachers. Once hearing the blonde say her name her shoulders raised nervously as she looked up at her worriedly, expecting some sort of detention or other punishment, tugging her own blonde hair nervously. But that all soon quickly faded as she smiled up at her, hearing that if she brought along the professor she wouldn't get in trouble! This caused her to nod quickly, letting out a muted squeal of approval.

"Of course professor!"

She chirped, her tail splashing the water below in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Miranda marveled in the beauty of the young mermaid. Merfolk were normally daunting creatures. They looked nothing like the pictures in fairytales. But whatever magic allowed Asyra's parents to......well, it had produced quite the beautiful creature, a young woman who much more resembled the fantastical pictures. She put her arms up as Asyra's tail splashed the water towards her.

"Hey!" she laughed.

Not that it really mattered much. She was already knee-deep in the frigid water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Asyra beamed up at the professor, she was fond of the woman, it was probably her soft nature, seeing as she was the Care of Magical Creature teacher, and, well, technically the mermaid could be considered one. She giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Sorry!"

She squeaked, before sliding off the rock and sinking into the water so that only her shoulders and above were visible, the fin of her tail breaching the surface slowly before slapping back down, trying not to get the poor Miranda wet again.

"So what brings you out here so late Professor?"

Asyra asked, a natural curiosity in her voice as she tilted her head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Miranda sighed airily and waved a hand through the air.

"Ohh you know, this and that," she said noncommittally. "I suppose I'm so used to being woken by some creature or another, that I can no longer sleep through the night!" She laughed lightly. "But it's no matter. There is no crisis or would-be crisis tonight and for that I am grateful."

The cool water swirled around her knees as the air rushed around them. She glanced across the moonlit waters.

"Have you met our resident merfolk yet, Asyra?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 am

Asyra sunk deeper into the water, so that her lips were below the tide but kept her eyes on her teacher as she spoke. She had to imagine it was a more difficult class to teach, when you actually had to take care of the creatures that you were teaching about. She knew at least when it came to most of the aquatic creatures they'd be fine unless something spooked them, then you'd be lucky if you could find them the next day for the class. But with Miranda's sweet composure and soft voice she even felt at ease around her, more than the other professors for sure. She pushed herself up a bit to be able to be heard.

"That's good! Guess everyone's sleepy after the big first day back!"

By everyone she naturally meant the creatures, she knew that there had to be at least a few first years running out to see them, along with some of the older students. With the mention of the merfolk that lived at Hogwarts her stomach knotted up and she gulped. The sheer thought of them, or at least the one she had run into when she was younger sent a shiver down her spine and caused her to climb back up on the rock, throwing her tail up behind her nervously, scanning the waters as if she thought the mere mention of this particular mermaid would cause her to reappear.

"Once . . . I think she thought I was trying to steal her Grindylow, she wasn't . . . very . . . pleasant."
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 am

Miranda smiled, amused as the young mermaid bobbed up and down in the water. It must be so hard to belong to two different worlds.

She laughed. "They must be! The first years especially are always so intrigued. Half of the animals on the grounds spend the first week running! And the other half trying to handle all of the attention!"

Unfortunately, many of the students didn't yet know how to handle many of the creatures, which often left both parties spooked. And, sometimes injured unfortunately. She had been woken in bed by many a call because of that. She had once had a hippogriff hide out in a tree for three days he had been irritated so badly.

Speaking of spooked creatures....she raised a delicate hand up to her mouth to hide her smile as Asyra jumped back onto the rock. Her eyes scanned the waters nervously. That was a 'yes' then.

"Yes, they are quite possessive. Even the giant squid avoids them, truth be told. They aren't friendly per say, but they are helpful if I need something done in the lake. I think they like to keep to themselves, something you definitely did not get from them."
her eyes sparkled with humor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:50 am

Asyra looked up at the starry sky, thinking about her first year, it felt like forever ago, she had been one of the ones she mentioned running to go see the creatures the school offered. But she knew better than most, quick movements and sudden squeals or jumps even frightened her; this common trait lead her to be a good student in the class, the creatures naturally taking a trust to her when she'd whisper the soft squeals and shrieks of her natural mermish tongue. She giggled, remembering those who dared mess with a hippogriff and usually ran of screaming.

The blonde looked over to Miranda and nodded, she had figured she overstepped . . . or overswam, her boundaries but she had been young and excited, she had never swam in freshwater, especially water so cold, and the poor Grindylow was tangled in the thick weeds that covered the floor of the lake, she didn't want it break its little fingers! She shook her head slightly as she looked over to Miranda as she spoke.

"I do love the giant squid very much! I usually bring him the candies from Honeydukes when I visit, he seems to really enjoy them."
She looked back down into the water, tilting her head slightly in thought.
"My mother says they won't like me, and call me a --"
The next word was mermish and she said it quietly, under her breath so that it would puncture her poor professor's ear drum. The thought made her furrow her eyebrows, she didn't like the word or its meaning.
"It means sea weed, but its an insult, like when sea weed breaks off and gets washed ashore then dries out, that's what they mean."
She said quietly, it wasn't a very nice term, but she hadn't actually been called that by any of the merfolk, just threatened that they'd say it if they ever knew she walked on legs.
"But I'm sure that's my mother just being bitter."

Asyra said in a much more happier tone, slipping into the water once again with a satisfied 'ahhh'. She waded in front of her teacher, looking up at her with her pale hues.

"I'd be happy to help if you ever need it Professor!"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Miranda's eyes widened. "So YOU'RE the reason I was picking taffy out of his tentacles!"
She laughed. "He does like his sweets. I'll have to be more scarce with the ones I give him now that i know you're treating him too!"
Her eyes sparkled merrily in the moonlight.

But as the hufflepuff spoke of the merfolk, Miranda's eyes hardened. Prejudices abounded in the wizarding world just as they did in the muggle one. It hurt so many people, so many INNOCENT people. She couldn't stand it. Love was love, and it's byproduct was always beautifully and wondrously new. She glared down into the water.

In a cool voice, she said, "If they ever give you any trouble, they'll answer to me."
The merfolk didn't necessarily fear her, but they respected her and the care she provided the residents of the lake. But should they harm an of her charges in an way...they WOULD fear her.

Her face returned to its normally warm mask as Asyra waded towards her. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind. As an upper-classman this year you'll have a bit more freedom."

She watched the girl move effortlessly through the water. "How were your holidays?" she asked, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:45 am

Asyra bit her bottom lip when she mentioned that the squid that gotten taffy stuff on its tentacles, before covering her mouth and giggling.
"Guilty~!"
She squealed happily, happy to hear that she wasn't the only one who spoiled the sweet creature.

The blonde looked over at her professor, staring at her with widened eyes, in shock in her words. But they soon softened as a smile spread across her tanned features.
"Thank you Professor Melgrove."
She said softly, being constantly reminded why she adored the woman.

Once hearing that she would be hopefully taken up on her offer her smile only grew, she felt like now she was able to return all the favors that Miranda had helped her with over the years. She was excited to think of the freedom she'd receive this year, she was in her sixth year now, and she was starting to feel old compared to the little ones that were filling the school, but the extra freedoms was always something she had looked forward to.

When asked about her holiday Asyra stopped for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek.
"It was fine."
It wasn't the worst time, things were always tense whenever she got home from Hogwarts, her mother giving her a hard time, and it would happen again before she left. She missed the school more and more whenever she left, the people and the decorations for holidays. there were few things her mother would decorate for and they certainly weren't wizard or muggle holidays. She loved being home, back where she was comfortable in the open sea, watching little Muggles run around and would allow them to catch a view of her to have their imaginations soar; much to her mother's disapproval.
"But I'm really happy to be back!"
She nodded before smiling brightly up at her professor.
"How was your holiday?"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

The girl's excitement was almost contagious, and Miranda found herself grinning broadly.
"I'll have to go into the forest within the next few weeks to check on the thestrals. I'll send you an owl when I do and you can join me."

She noticed Asyra's abrupt change in demeanor when she mentioned the holidays. Oops...sore subject. They had never really talked about her home life. It was something many students fought to forget while at the school. Perhaps it was a conversation for another day.

"Oh they were good!" her eyes sparkled. "My own father's a bit of an..uhm...well a bit of an eccentric." she shrugged her shoulders. "So going home is always an event! It was just the two of us this year. But I love spending time with him."
She gazed out across the water, lost in the memory of being home.
"He enchanted everything he could find on Christmas morning." she shook her head at the memory. "He said he wanted some entertainment."
Sighing, she said, "But...what can you do with family..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Asyra clapped her hands excitedly at the thought of being allowed to follow her teacher around and watch what she did behind the scenes. The class had always interested her, that and Miranda's abilities with the creatures!

The blonde smiled softly as her teacher started talking about her father, having not had one in her life she perched herself slightly onto the rock, holding her head up with her curled hands, listening like a small child hearing a bedtime story. Her tail curled and fanned out as she listened, silently dipping in and out of the water. Since she never had a father in her life she enjoyed hearing about other's, what it was like, then she could imagine that her father was possibly like that as well, and it made her feel a little better at the end of the day. She giggled at the thought, she had seen the big tree, the wreaths and other charming little decorations the school had plastered themselves with, to see them all come to life would be entertaining indeed. Her head tilted slightly at the sudden change in her tone, but she figured it was best not to pry more into her professor's personal life. Instead, she hoisted herself up slightly, bringing her torso up to the cold night air and smiled brightly.

"Not a thing! We're all stuck with them!"

She said happily.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:57 am

Miranda laughed at her enthusiasm. Oh to be sixteen again....

Miranda waded farther into the lake. Taking a deep breath she submerged her head beneath the cool, still water. She remained beneath the surface for a moment, revelling in the peace the stillness offered. Fully refreshed, she allowed her head to breach the surface, her short blonde hair falling against the back of her neck with a tilt of her head. She wiped the water quickly from her face.

"Nothing like a late night in the lake." She said smiling. "Are you ready for classes to start back up?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 am

Asyra smiled as her professor submerged herself into the lake, taking the time to jump into the water once again, spinning and swirling before resurfacing and running her tan fingers through her hair. It seemed the more and talked to her professor, she had found over the years, the more she had in common with her, and the more Asyra clung to her.

"Its so refreshing . . ."

Asyra droned out dreamily.

". . . fresh water doesn't tingle my skin like the salt water does."

She sighed contently before looking over at Miranda and humming quietly in thought.

"For the most part, there are some creepy teachers this year . . . but I'm excited for your class Professor Melgrove!"

She chirped happily.

"And Astronomy! . . . oh! And Divination!"

[ I love these two! xDD Its just an adorable blur of blonde! ]
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 pm

[lol me 2! They're just so sweet and innocent together!!]

"That it is," Miranda agreed. "The perfect way to start a day."

She came down first thing nearly every morning to rid herself of her nightmares.

"I've personally only swam here at the lake. So I couldn't tell you the difference.---I didn't know you liked Divination!" she said in surprise. Most students loathed that class, with only a rare few actually looking forward to it. She had had a friend in her own school days who had the gift, so she held SOME respect for the subject. But she was still rather skeptical as to the extent of the subject's usefulness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 am

Asyra had always done it at night, she was never a morning person and the thought of being up that early to sneak in before classes made her flinch. But she had to agree, in her case at least, it was a perfect way to end a day!

She floated on her back for a moment of two, looking up at the night stars, and was reminded why she enjoyed coming here so much, it was really beautiful. With a tilt of her head into the water she looked back at her professor before flipping entirely into the water and diving down a bit of ways, feeling the water sooth her before resurfacing with a grin.

"Oh yes! I love Divination!"

She said happily, pulling her hair a it over her shoulder.

"Its just . . . the most mystical thing the school offers, at least in my eyes . . . to know the future? . . . Its so interesting,"

She replied bashfully.

{They really are! So precious~}
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Miranda couldn't help but giggle as the young woman dove beneath the water. The girl's youth was infectious. It made her remember all the nights she had spent with her friends out by the lake. All they needed was some boy-drama.

"You don't think it's...oh I don't know, frightening? to know what the future may hold? Sometimes I wonder if it's better to merely live each day without worrying what the future will bring." Her voice faded into silence. They sat in silence for a few long moments. She could feel the mermaid watching her.
She glanced up and grinned apologetically. "Forgive me, it was merely the ramblings of an old mind."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Asyra's head tilted slightly, her golden hair falling down her back and shoulder as she considered her professor's words. Normally yes, the thought of the future being scary would make sense, but for some reason, it wasn't to Asyra. She wasn't very good at the class, she could know if something bad was going to happen or if something good was going to happen, and that was enough for her, because then she wouldn't be able to take anything for granted. She looked up at her Professor, eyes softened to the woman she held so dearly.

With a caring smile Asyra shook her head.

"You're not old Professor! And don't be silly, you have more experience than I do, it would be silly not to listen!"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Miranda sighed wearily and ran a hand through her drenched hair. "More than age makes a person old, my dear."
She smiled grimly. "I did not know you found me so wise!" She teased, eyes twinkling, trying to steer the conversation away from dark waters. She splashed at the girl playfully.

"Now, tell me. You're a sixth year now, surely some boy has caught your eye!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Asyra bit her bottom lip slightly, it was clear her professor was hinting towards something that the blonde had no idea about. So she wouldn't pry. Instead she smiled brightly and nodded.

"Of course!"

She squealed as she curled herself slightly into a ball to hide from the splash before straightening out once more when she found it to be safe. Her cheeks flushed slightly at her next question, caught off guard. She giggled, covering her mouth with her hand and shaking her head.

"Oh no, not me! I-I honestly haven't noticed any in particular, some are really nice and sweet though!"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

"Oh, come now," she teased. "Surely some young man has caught your eye!"

Her own eyes twinkled. She loved hearing about the love lives of the young people. It reminded her of her own school days, and her own first crush. That initial love was something you never forgot. She certainly hadn't. She had ended up agreeing to marry her fist crush when they were reunited years after her left Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 am

Asyra bit her bottom lip, thinking for a moment before shaking her head once again.

"I can't think of any!"

She then gasped, placing her hand on her cheek, was there something wrong with her?! Was she mean because she couldn't think of a guy that had caught her eye? Oh no! Her thoughts raced trying to think of her friends, and was thankful that they weren't the worst looking group!

"Oh, well, Mickey is very handsome . . .!"

She finally blurted out and only felt her cheeks heat after she had said it . . . the manner in which she did was certainly no help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late night swimming [tag: open!]   Late night swimming [tag: open!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Late night swimming [tag: open!]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: