Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My saving grace {Chapter 1}

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My saving grace  {Chapter 1} Empty
PostSubject: My saving grace {Chapter 1}   My saving grace  {Chapter 1} EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:21 am

{{ ^____^; I guess this could count as fanfiction? xDDDD This is Zuko Meeting Peter and how he helped him and all dat xP}}

A nine year old Zuko sat in the parlor of his families large home with his toys scattered about him. He had a bright grin on his face despite the angry scar that adorned his eye, forcing the lovely liquid gold orb shut halfway. He covered it well with his thick, shaggy black bangs though. He laughed, continuing to stack his blocks before he felt himself go cold, looking up and , as expected, seeing his father.

His father was a tall, intimidating man with a build to match the reputation for cruelty he had achived being a servant of the dark lord. Zuko winced, wondering what his father could want, when he drawled in a sickly sweet voice, letting Zuko know there were people in the home. "Zuko, we have a new grounds keeper, his name is Korso and he brought a boy about your age with him, could you be a dear and go play with him?" Zuko gulped, getting up obidiently and gathering his toys in his arms, quickly darting out to the gardens.

Stopping with a pout, he looked around realizing he saw no children, plopping onto his butt he began stacking his blocks one more with a bright grin on his face, unaware of the curious set of eyes watching him until said owner of eyes popped his chesnut covered head out from the bushes "Whatcha doin? o.o" the young boy asked curiously.

Zuko jumped, letting out a slight squeak of surprise and clutching his chest, his heart racing from the shock as he looked at the boy with wide eyes "Uh- p-playing with the blocks my sister didn't want" he mumbled, relaxing once he determined this was the boy his father had wanted him to interact with. The boy scooted closer.

"And what's that a rock pirate?" he asked with a hearty laugh. Zuko blinked curiously at him, tilting his head in his confusion, the action causing his bangs to brush to the side and reveal his scar. The smile slipped from the other boys face as he suddenly felt awkward, not sure if he could or should ask about the scar. Zuko's eyebrows furrowed at the boys sudden discomfort before his shoulders sagged as he let out a breath.

"Your curious about the scar neh?" he muttered looking down in shame as the boy nodded, rubbing his arm awkwardly. Zuko let out a slight scoff, blowing his hair out of his face and sighing. "Well nothing personal but I'm not going to tell you" he mumbled before smiling sheepishly. "Tell me your name" he said holding out his hand in a friendly gesture "Mine is Zuko"

The boy cringed, quickly realizing the scar was a taboo topic as he reached out a hand, the grin back on his face. "My name is Peter!! Nice to meetcha!!" he called in a bubbly voice. ZUko chuckled, smiling softly as he stood up, leading the boy along.

"Lets go play Peter!" he chuckled leading him off farther into the garden where the boys bumped into a tall, beautiful woman with a gentle smile.

"Well hello sweeties!!" she called in a soft and loving voice, hoisting Zuko up in her arms and snuggling his cheek, holding her precious boy close as she cocked her head at Peter "And who are you darling?"

Peter gave a bright grin, giving the woman a mock salute "Name's Peter!!X3" The woman smiled gently, patting him on the head "Well it's nice to meet you Peter; I hope you and Zu Zu can be good friends" she giggled, setting the now blushing Zuko down "You boys go play, I'm going to go make you boys some cookies" nudging Zuko. "You boys go up and play" she giggled once more, smiling warmly as Zuko yammered animatedly, dragging the equally animated boy along with him up the stairs.

[Time skip one year]

Zuko yawned, throwing himself out of bed, grinning when he felt the dragon shaped pendant around his neck; the companion peice of jewelry to the flame shaped pendant he had give Peter the say the met; the two peices interlocking to create a dragon winding around a flame. Grinning he threw his shirt on and bounded down the steps, frowning when it was odly silent "Mom?" he heard a whimper coming from his fathers study, he quietly padded his way down the hall and peeked through the crack in the door, just in time to see his mother go flying into the wall with a sickening crack. His father looming over her with flames engulfing his hands.

"Traiterous BITCH!" he growled throwing out his hand, causing a line of flames to shoot out to her, scaulding her face and causing festering boils and blisters to bloom across the angry red and and now peeling skin. She screamed out a sob.

" I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!" reaching around blindly, the attack having swolen her eyes shut. His father threw his foot down, crushing her hand as she tried to reach for her wand, being nowhere as good as her husband at wandless magic.

"You know damn well what bitch" he spat, resting his hand on the top of her head and pulling her up by the hair, cupping her cheeks. Staring into her face for a moment before he jerked his hands, a crack being heard and the twitches stopping as his mother crumpled to the ground, dead.

Zuko stumbled back, silent tears streaming down his face as he turned an ran, not knowing where he was going and fell to his knees in the middle of the garden, sobbing in a curled up ball on the ground and throwing up.

Peter had been on his way to visit his close friend, smiling softly when he felt his own pendant, before he heard sobbing and the sound of someone throwing up, furrowing his brow he darted off, flying around the garden to Zuko, "You ok??" he asked worry deep in his eyes as he placed a gentle hand on his friends shaking shoulder.

Zuko gulped, looking up at his friend with tears streaming down his pale cheeks as he shook his head; barely able to find a voice "D-d-DEAD!" he sobbed "She's DEAD" his cried and shaking starting all over again.

Peter feel to the floor in shock and confusion, pulling the shaking boy into his arms, "Who?!" he gulped, dreading the answer and hating seeing his good friend in such pain.

Zuko wrapped his arms around the small boys frame, his own shaking as his tears stained his shirt "M-my mom!!" he hiccuped trying to calm down enough to form coherant sentences, suddenly becoming aware of the pounding in his head when he tried to calm down "D-Dad killed her..." he muttered in a pained whisper.

{{ x_____x I'll add more when my head isn't throbbing

^-^ And if I'm not allowed to post something like this please tell me xDDD or just feel free to delete it xDDDD}}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My saving grace {Chapter 1}   My saving grace  {Chapter 1} EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:55 am

Awww Poor Zuko! This is beautifully written though! <3 But, so sad!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My saving grace {Chapter 1}   My saving grace  {Chapter 1} EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 am

Q.Q zu zu!! Poor zuko Q.Q !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My saving grace {Chapter 1}   My saving grace  {Chapter 1} Empty

Back to top Go down

My saving grace {Chapter 1}
Page 1 of 1