Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} Empty
PostSubject: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:37 am

Molly let out a yawn, having had a busy day full of Quidditch practice. She had almost sprained her wrist when she lost balance on her broom and fell off - something she probably would have never heard the end of from Fionn. She had gotten it checked out at the hospital wing, healed what little pain she had, taken a long shower to wash off all the sweat and dirt, and was now strolling into the library to find a book for Divinations - she really hated that class, but hell, she needed to pull her grades up if she wanted to stay on the team.

Molly sighed looking at the tall shelves. She glanced down at the paper in her hand which held the title of the book she was looking for. For all she knew, it was at the very top and she didn't feel like climbing all the way up there. Moll shoved the paper into the pocket of her sweatshirt before running her hand through her hair, which she had let down to air dry after her shower.

Molly plucked one of the books off of the shelf and scanned through it. It wasn't the one she was looking for. For one who didn't enjoy studying so much, she found herself in the library often. It was a nice place to get away from all the ruckus of the common room and, as stated earlier, she really needed to start pulling her grades up. Moll stuffed the book back into its place and continued on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Jason moved through the aisles, looking for a certain book in particular. He sighed through his nose, this place didn't use Dewy Decimal System and finding a book was increasingly hard to find.

"Gah, I know it's here somewhere..." He mumbled out as he turned around a corner and saw Molly. He paused unsure if he should continue on or stop for the moment and say something. He paused for another moment before speaking.

"I swear you must be following me or something."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Molly ran her fingers over some of the spines, her head cocked to the side as she tried to read some of the titles sideways. The library really needed to work on their system. Sure, they grouped everything together, but it was really hard to find anything. She almost considered asking Madame Pince, but she was already a good bit away from the front desk.

Molly could hear someone else in the library, but it didn't really seem to bother her too much - every student had access and it could very well be anyone. It could even be a teacher for all she knew. She didn't really care until she heard a male voice - a male voice that was somewhat familiar to her.

Moll looked up, her lips pursed in question until she saw Jason standing there. A smirk played its way onto her face and she held back a chuckle. Her following him? "How do you know I wasn't here first? Maybe you're the one following me," Molly questioned him, a hand on her hip and a raised eyebrow on her face. Then her eyes narrowed and she pointed at him, the sleeve of her over-sized sweatshirt attempting to eat her hand as she did so. "Hey, you totally left without saying goodbye. Who does that? Seriously, it was very rude. We didn't even get to discuss the details of the party! I mean really, we need to figure out where to meet and what day and what time. Honestly," Molly huffed, crossing her arms over her chest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Jason rolled his eyes, again. This was starting to become a very bad habit.

"Look, I left. Okay? Yeah, to get away from you so we didn't have to have this discussion. Only reason I even said yes was because it would get you off of me. you're not exactly light y'know." Jason said folding his arms across his chest. They were in a comprising position, he honestly couldn't help but feel an unfamiliar warmth in his face.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Molly sighed and shook her head. He really didn't want to make any friends, did he? Her task was being proved difficult. Really, how could she help him if he didn't want the help. It wasn't like she was trying to be a bad influence or whatever, she just wanted to help him live a healthy life and get some friends. "Yeah, well, you can't avoid me forever," Molly told him with a pointed look. It was true, though, seeing as she had a few classes with the Slytherins and Jason was a Slytherin after all. Plus, unless he locked himself up in the Slytherin common room, she'd be able to find him - just follow the scent of tiger.

Molly blinked once, twice, three times, trying to process what he had just said. He didn't have a joking look on his face - could he joke? Was that possible? He seemed so serious. Molly's mouth opened up a little bit, shocked. Then, her face contorted into a look of anger. Her hands found their way to her hips and she glared daggers at him. "Did you just call me fat?!" She asked him, her voice a little too loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Jason's face exploded with a blush that almost reached his ears.

"What? No! I mean... wait... no you're not... you're... uh..." Shit, how did one tell a girl she wasn't fat? Why did girls even get overly pissed off about that anyone?

"No, you're fine! You're... absolutely pretty, not fat." Jason's face became a bit redder at the words. He was just digging himself into a deeper and deeper shit hole.

(( Excuse my french. I'm cuss more then a sailor 8] ))
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Molly's face lightened up a bit, not because he was attempting to dig himself out of a hole he hadn't apparently realized he had gotten into, but the way he was going about it. She bit her lip, trying not to be amused at the fact that he was stumbling over his words, unsure of what to say - the fact that he was blushing madly didn't help her situation, she was trying to be mad after all.

Moll raised an eyebrow, one of her hands falling of her hip as she looked at him in question. "Oh... so... I'm pretty then?" She asked him, slightly out of amusement. Now she was teasing him. "I'm not light, but I'm not fat... and I'm pretty... hmn, you really know how to woo a girl, yeah?" Molly asked him, a smirk finally finding its way to her face. She wasn't so much pissed any more, obviously he hadn't known what he was saying.

[eheh, don't worry about it, I have a habit of cursing a lot myself x3]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Jason smacked himself in the face, appropriately face palming. He mumbled something behind his hands as he turned giving her his back at he tried to gather some semblance of an idea what to do in the situation. He didn't know how to talk to people. He really just didn't.

"I'm sorry, that really did not come out right at all." He stated, back still to her as he was trying to fight the weird heat from his face. He didn't like it. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Molly snorted and shook her head. "No, it really didn't. Seriously, we need to work on your people skills. Not changing you, mind you, just allowing them to blossom into the potential they have to be," Molly said, making a grand gesture of a flower blossoming, even if Jason's back was turned to her. Slowly she moved a bit closer to him. "Little tip of advice, never tell a girl she's 'not exactly light,'" Molly told him, shrugging despite the fact that he was still turned away from him.

"So, what'cha doin' in the library? Besides insulting me, that is," She teased, grinning a bit and somewhat trying to change the subject. Perhaps it wasn't wise to embarrass him too much; she still wanted to have that party for him... and have him actually show up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:11 pm

"Work on them? How about build them." Jason said, not meaning to actually say it aloud. He didn't have any people skills. At all. Ever.

"And I kind of figured that out. Obviously." Jason muttered, still a bit unhappy with the fact she had melted his brain processes for a moment.

"I'm here making up the classes I missed while stuck in the Forbidden Forest. Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Molly let out a light chuckle. "Yeah, well, everyone's got a little. I'm sure you have the foundation, so maybe we'll just have to structure it," Molly told him, reaching up to tuck some of her hair behind her ear. "A life without friends is hardly a life to live, so lonely," Molly sighed before shaking her head. There were moments when she would prefer to be alone, but in the end she thoroughly enjoyed the company of her friends.

Molly let out another laugh. "Yes, you definitely learned that the hard way. You'll live though, for now. Just be careful who you mess up around; I was contemplating hexing you." Really though, some girls wouldn't have even waited for his defense, he could have been hanging from the ceiling within seconds.

"That sounds... fun... how exactly did you get stuck in the Forbidden Forest?" Molly asked, shoving her hands into her sweatshirt pocket. "As for me, I"m studying up on Divinations or trying to anyway. I really hate that class, but Quidditch means I gotta keep my grades up. Can't be failing anything if I want to stay on the team." Molly gave a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:52 am

"It's a long story and I'm not exactly allowed to tell anyone about it. Teachers know about it and are giving a break in work to the few that were there. I'm thankful for it so I won't fail my courses. Senior year though, I enjoy the semi-freedom I have with courses." Jason explained, for the most part. He turned back around, the blush on his face had died and he seemed relatively in control once more.

"I really don't like Divinations either. I wasn't really ever good at it." Jason said with a shrug of his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:06 am

Molly pursed her lips, nodding a bit, though she was really curious as to what happened. Oh well, if he wasn't allowed to tell her then he wouldn't. "Well, that's good though..." Molly noted about the fact that he was able to make up his classes. Moll smiled a bit. "Ah, I can't wait until next year. It'll be great; I'm still a little sixth year," Molly laughed. Really though, she couldn't wait to graduate. It wasn't that she didn't like Hogwarts, she loved it, it was just she had so much on her plate and hopefully she'd still be able to care for her grandmother and then there was getting a job, but all of that was still two years away, yet it felt like an eternity.

"I don't know if I've ever met someone who has - aside from the teachers. I think it's a pointless class anyway, but whatever... I just want to be able to play Quidditch," Molly sighed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:14 am

"Again, glad to be a seventh year. I get to pick my classes for the most part." Jason chuckled out, relaxing into the lax atmosphere around them.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure you could put something random and just explain why you think it should be that and it would be perfectly acceptable." Jason summed up again, straightening his vest to cover the hem of his pants.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:37 am

Molly smiled, a small laugh upon her lips. She was quite glad that he seemed a bit more relaxed, this was good. One step in the right direction. "You're making me jealous, Mister Todd," Molly joked. She couldn't wait for that.

Molly pursed her lips, one of her hands leaving her pocket. She tapped her chin, what he said was true. She could make anything up and the professor would probably believe it. Divinations wasn't an exact science so there was no exact answer. "You've got a point there, hmn," Molly thought. She walked past him, heading toward a table. As she passed him, she patted him on the shoulder. "Maybe I'll keep you," she teased, "Now follow me Tiger."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Jason scoffed but followed anyway.

"You're worse than my parents, shesh. that's saying something." He muttered out, wondering where Molly was going. Was she going to a table? Was she leaving the library?

Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Molly turned around, walking backwards as she slowly made her way to the table. She raised her eyebrows. "I'm guessing that's not a good thing?" Molly questioned. Most people didn't quite like their parents. Molly loved hers, but that was because she had never gotten the chance to fight with them or go through rebellious stages with.

Finally, she arrived at the table. She hoisted herself up so she could sit on it, preferring the table over the chairs. She crossed one leg over the other and cocked her head. "Okay, now that my Divinations problem is out of the way - thanks, again for the advice - tell me a little bit about yourself," She smiled kindly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:51 pm

"It's not a great thing." Jason muttered out watching her sit at the table and crossing her legs. At least she knew table manners. He pulled out a chair and sat next to her, leaning on it.

"No problem, but... I suggest a different way of going about this. I'm not bearing my lack of a soul to you unless you do the same. Ask me a question and I'll ask you one? Does that sound like a plan?" Jason honestly didn't want to tell her anything but... seemed like he couldn't control what he said around her. Might as well just say it instead of embarrassing himself later on.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Molly nodded, deciding not to open any sort of wounds their might be in that department. Moll leaned back a bit so that she was able to look at him more properly - see his face while he talked. Molly smiled, that did only seem fair after all. She didn't mind sharing about herself, for the most part anyway. There were some things she didn't like to talk about, but there wasn't much she wouldn't.

"Alright, I guess that's only fair," Molly pursed her lips, trying to think of a good first question. She already knew he was a Slytherin in his last year and an registered animagus. Moll smiled once more. "What do you like to do in your free time?" It was a lame question, but a valid one nonetheless. Knowing a person's likes and dislikes was a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

"Free time? Study. Or if it's day outside I tend to.. well do what you walked in on." Jason shrugged, he almost studied more than a Ravenclaw.

"How about you? I get you're in the Quidditch team but other than stalking me, what else do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Molly blinked at him for a moment. Was that all he did? Study and lay in the sun? Now she was really convinced he needed some friends - he needed to let loose a bit, have some fun. Molly gave him a teasing look, as if she was stalking him, before letting out a laugh. "Yes, Quidditch is one of my absolute favorite past times - I'm a chaser. Aside from that, uhm, I really love Transfigurations and practice that as much as I can. I love hanging out with my friends," she gave him a pointed look, "and just having fun."

Molly gently rapped her fingers on the table, thinking of another good question. "Okay, so what's your favorite subject?" The questions so far seemed light hearted, she didn't want to jump into things too quickly; she didn't want to scare him off just yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:18 pm

"If the question isn't obvious enough, I think have lost all hope in humanity." Jason drawled out, waving her off, "Trans, of course. I may look like I only think in two colors, black and white. but I have quite the imagination." Jason relaxed a bit in his chair,thinking over something for a moment.

"I absolutely hate Divinations. I don't like an art that tells me what I will do. I want to figure that out myself, thank you very much."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Molly snorted, pulling her legs up so that she was now sitting with her legs criss-crossed, it was a little more comfortable that way. She leaned forward, nodding. Well, it looks like they already had a bit in common. "Yes, yes, why did I even ask," Molly chuckled, grinning widely.

"Exactly, it takes all the fun out of it. Plus, it's not exact and left up to so many interpretations. It's pointless," Molly repeated from earlier. She really didn't like the class. The professors were fine and all, it was just the subject she couldn't handle. Molly paused, questioning herself about whether it was a good time to ask more personal questions. She ran her tongue over her slightly chapped lips. "So, uh, what was your childhood like?" She asked it as lightheartedly as she could muster; some people were defensive about their childhoods and she hoped she hadn't just overstepped her boundaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Jason's eyes moved away from her as well as his face. What could she tell her without her freaking out? He wasn't afraid to talk about what happened... but sometimes it just hurt to think about it.

"My parents wanted what was best for me. Most of them are failed Animagi. I took to it like a fish to water... though, not entirely. As I said earlier. Anger triggers the transformation for me. I could barely..." Jason paused before shaking his head, "I was a failure and they shipped me off here. They couldn't stand me. I tried to prove my worth and failed." Jason's shoulder fell, slumping to show hurt.

"But then again I can't complain. I bet people are worse off then me. That makes the pain tolerable." Jason looked back at her, wondering if he could ask the same question.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Molly's face softened a bit as he spoke. She bit her lip and studied him a bit, the way his shoulders slumped and the subtle look on his face. She hardly knew him well enough to tell him that he wasn't a failure and she had a feeling he wouldn't believe her anyway. Moll reached up and tucked a strand of hair back behind her ear as it fell into her face. "Hogwarts isn't so bad, definitely not a place for failures," Molly gave him a soft smile, though she wasn't quite sure of how much she was helping. How could anyone think that their child was a failure at anything; how could they not stand their own child? She wanted to meet them and ask them those very same questions.

Molly smiled again and nodded slightly. That's how she got through most of hers. Sure she lost people she loved, but there were still people who loved her to take care of her. She could have had a worse life, could have grown up in a bad environment. Molly ran her tongue over her lips again, something she tended to do when she was thinking of what to say next. "I hardly knew my parents... I was eight when they died, but, uh, aside from that... I had a relatively normal childhood. Played in the dirt, chased gnomes, performed plays for my grandparents," Molly shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}   You Can't Hide From Me {Jason} Empty

Back to top Go down

You Can't Hide From Me {Jason}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next