Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question for all you guys (:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

Question for all you guys (: Empty
PostSubject: Question for all you guys (:   Question for all you guys (: EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 am

I know that I like recycling my characters for other roleplays when I've grown attached to them, so I was wondering how many of you do that? Do you, like.. change specific characteristics to fit the roleplay you're putting them in or keep them like they are?
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

Question for all you guys (: Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for all you guys (:   Question for all you guys (: EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 am

Hm.

Vanessa and Alistair were recycled. Sort of.
Vanessa was not changed - she started in a AU Deathly Hallows fanfiction I was planning. She simply died when she was shifted over to the roleplay. Since she was in the same environment/context, I don't really consider it recycling but IDK.
Alistair was a small, vague plan that never even got a plot. He was not written for anything, he just appeared one day in my head, but I converted him to HAU when I found how he could fit there.

As a whole, I don't really do the full recycling thing. When you alter characteristics etc and just change the context to make them fit. Feels like cheating. It's no longer them. I don't really like it. With Vanessa, nothing changed, she just died but that was fine she was going to in the FF anyway. Alistair just wound up here. Doesn't really count. I guess. If the RP declines in activity or I want to leave, I tend to write my characters off as dead. So it becomes a 'closed chapter'. I do miss them, though.
Back to top Go down

Question for all you guys (:
Page 1 of 1