Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Empty
PostSubject: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm

So you know that shuffle challenge where you take your ipod, put it on shuffle and write a few drabbles. That's what I did, though I didn't write for however long the songs were. I wrote until it was finished. So, I'll be posting them as I finish them - some may take longer than others, but yeah.

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Youdon10

1. v o l c a n o - D A M I E N R I C E
Angela Naomi Alexander
“What I am to you is not real. What I am to you, you do not need. What I am to you is not what you mean to me. You give me miles and miles of mountains, and I’ll ask for the sea.”

Angela Naomi Alexander was not what you would exactly call normal. Actually, she was far from it. Fifteen years old and already having suffered from years of abuse. Her parents beat her for not being perfect, even before she had the chance to try. How ridiculous this may seem, people rarely needed a reason to beat upon the weak to make themselves feel far superior. Her older brother abused her as well until she became so delusional that she fell in love with him, quick to commit sins with him.

When the poor bastard died, much too young at the age of twenty-five, she lost nearly all her wits. She had already been in a bad mental state, but this sent her far over the edge. She fell into a pit of despair and the only one who seemed even remotely close to comforting her was her imaginary friend, Brian, whom she had created as a child, perhaps to cope with the pain.

It was a rather slow and quiet night in the Slytherin Common Room when Angela found herself crumpled in front of the fireplace, overcome with sob after sob. Her small fingers curled into fists, gripping tightly onto her black skirt and she couldn’t help but shake uncontrollably.

“Angie...” Brian said softly. He had been reasonably calm and helpful during these times. Normally he was a pain in the ass who was always berating her. Perhaps this was because he was simply a figment of her imagination and therefore would become whatever she needed him to be, and she really needed him to be comforting. She couldn’t stop crying, though, even when he crouched down next to her.

Brian reached out and his touch felt so real to Angela that she had trouble grasping the fact that he truly didn’t exist. His hands cupped her face and she was now forced to look up at him with puffy, watery blue eyes. She sniffled as she looked up at him. Her eyebrows furrowed a bit as he leaned down and gently placed his lips against hers.

“B-Brian,” Angela murmured, pulling away slightly. She felt confused and her head was whirling. She shook it as if there was nothing else she could do. Ange bit her lip, almost hard enough to break through and let it bleed. She stood up a bit too abruptly, trying to catch herself from the splitting headache that was quickly forming.

“Angela,” he quipped, standing up as she did. He was a good foot taller than she was and his blonde hair was puffed out as it always was. She was mental, sure, but she did understand that he wasn’t real and that might have hurt more than anything else. With her brother/lover’s death and now with this sudden love from her imaginary friend was almost too much much. Her heart could barely handle it.

“I...” her fingers curled once more and she closed her eyes, trying to push back the tears. “I miss him. I miss him so much it’s unbearable. Why, Brian, why?” Her breath was becoming short, close to hyperventilating as she changed the subject. “Why did he have to... I... I can’t... Why did he have to die? I loved him Brian; I loved him with all my heart. W-we could have... we could have gotten away... run away... from our parents... from Voldemort...” The tears were now streaming down the fifteen year old Slytherin’s face.

Brian reached out once more, his hand pressing gently against her wet cheek. She had had the answer locked away in her mind, which was precisely why he knew what to say next. “He wouldn’t have run away with you, Angela... he didn’t love you as much as you loved him.” It seemed harsh, but it was what she needed to hear. The cold hard truth of the matter to bring her back to reality.

“N-no. No! We... we were going to be together forever!” Angela exclaimed, giving him a hurt look. “I was special to him! I was dear to him; the only one who loved him with all my heart! He was mine! MINE! And I was him!”

“That’s not true, Angela, and you know that!” Brian told her firmly, giving her a hard look. She looked up at him, her chest rising and falling quickly as her breath quickened. That’s right... there had been... Kris. That stupid teacher who had intruded upon their lives and ruined everything. She and Jasper were going to be forever until he showed up. Now they were both dead.

Angela pushed away Brian’s hand and turned away from him. She didn’t want to look at him; didn’t want to talk to him. He just needed to go away. She squeezed her eyes shut, wishing it with all her might. One would think this would be an easy way to get rid of an imaginary friend, but it was not as simple as that.

Brian grasped her shoulders, turning her around and placing another kiss firmly upon her lips. Angela’s eyes shot open, widening with shock. Anger built up in her and she pushed him away. “Stop that!” She ordered him, as if he had ever taken orders from her before.

“What I am to you is not real. What I am to you, you do not need.” Brian told her. Angela’s mouth formed a straight line. Damn straight. She needed Jasper. She needed his dominance, his control, his orders. She needed him to endure her parents as he was, however sadly, the only bright thing in her life. “What I am to you is not what you mean to me.”

“Go away Brian... just go away,” she didn’t need him. Not now. She needed to be alone or with Jasper and the latter would never happen. Brian sighed, running a hand through his curly hair. He moved forward, leaning down to press one more kiss upon her lips.

“You do not need me.”

Words: 997
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Shadow10
2. s h a d o w p e o p l e - D R D O G
Angela Namoi Alexander
“You got rings in your ears and you got kicked around and made up. Looking high, looking low; where did all the shadow people go? Where did all the shadow people? I wanna know (Whoa!). Where the shadow people go?”

Angela Naomi Alexander was no longer that helpless little girl she had been so many years ago. She had grown up and since graduated from Hogwarts. She had gotten out of her parents house, gotten rid of Brian, and lost herself in the muggle world. She didn’t want anything to do with the wizarding world. It held so much of her horrible past that she didn’t want to relive it anymore. Her parents had been so obsessed with magic and being pure; her brother’s death was because of magic; everything bad in her life seemed to result in magic.

The muggle world was much less complicated, and she preferred it that way. Now, at twenty years old, she strolled down the dark streets of one of the cities she was staying in recently; the name escaped her, for she honestly didn’t care much at this point.

Angela stood a bit taller now and she had definitely grown into her body. Curves were now present as well as other developments. Her short red hair and grown out and she now had it dyed a blonde color; she had since assumed that since Kris had been blonde, her brother had been attracted to blondes... so maybe, even though he was since gone, blonde hair would give her just one more connection to him.

Still, though, Angie had the appearance of a troubled teen. Piercings that her parents would have never allowed while she was under their roof now lined up along her ears. A cigarette was placed loosely in between her fingers as she walked alone, dressed in a short black dress and red heels. She brought it up to her painted lips and took a drag. The smoke rose up into the heavens as she exhaled and nothing felt better than this.

Nights like these were relaxing, to be honest. She didn’t care that rather shady people hid in the alleyways, leering at her and trying to call her over. She walked past all the sharks. She may have done away with magic as much as she could, but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t use it to save her life against an attacker. She just prefered not to use it.

“Hey, Angel!” There was a female voice, accompanied with a few others. Angela turned slightly, her long blonde hair falling back over her shoulder as he blue eyes fell upon a group in front of an obscure club. Her eyes weren’t as bright as they had once been. She had made some friends during her stay at Hogwarts... there had been Aladdin, who wasn’t too bad, and there was Greta... which only made her heart pang at the thought of the Ravenclaw ghost. It hurt her that she had grown up while Greta had remained such a young age. Greta was one of the few people - despite being dead - that she had allowed herself to love after Jasper’s death, but as Angela had grown older, it just seemed less and less appropriate to her. Something was gone within her, perhaps a certain spark she had gained once upon a time.

Angela slowly made her way across the street after a lone car drove along the damp black river of pavement. Her heels clicked and smoke from her cigarette trailed behind her. These were people she knew, relatively speaking. She didn’t know everything about them - she didn’t know much about them at all, to be honest. They were just people she occasionally hung out with. “Hey,” Angela responded, her voice montone as she brought her cigarette to her lips once more.

“Darling, you have to come hear this new band. They are simply a-MA-zing,” Daren, one of the gay men of the group, announced as he took her slender, pale hand. Another man, dressed in drag, completely agreed as the others headed down into the basement club.

“Where did all the shadow people go?
Where did all the shadow people go?
I wanna know where the shadow people go.”

The voice sang out amongst the smoke. Angela soon found a glass of alcohol in her hand and her cigarette was long gone. It didn’t take her long to down the drink... and another, and another, and another. She wasn’t a lightweight, so it took quite a lot before her vision was beginning to get hazy and she began to dance in the crowd.

“You could be a woman, or you could be a man.
Wear the glove on the other hand.
Or you could be twisted, or you could be insane,
Pushing the envelope against the grain
Just playing along; just playing along.”

She wasn’t sure who she was kissing now, pushed against the rough brick wall. She wasn’t even sure of which gender the person belonged to; she didn’t even care. It was this kind of touch that she longed for, that took away most of her numbness. Her hands were placed roughly above her head, pinned to the wall and she almost felt as if Jasper was there in spirit, giving in to her silent wants. She wasn’t sure where they’d be going, but she’d wake up the next morning in a strange bed, in a strange apartment. A note on the pillow next to her told her to make herself at home, coffee was brewing and she could have. She had never been a coffee drinker, tea or butterbeer were hot beverages of choice, being a British witch after all.

Angela would gather her clothing off the floor, dressing and escaping into the brightness of the new day. There was no need to make whatever awkward confrontations of whoever she had slept with the night before. She had been far too drunk to even remember.

Angela pulled out another cigarette, lighting it and taking a long drag. The smoke rose once more, less noticeable in the sunlight than the darkness of the night. She moved down the street once more, her heels clicking on the sidewalk. She found herself humming silently. “Where did all the shadow people go?”

words: 1057
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:38 pm

*AU/ I've thought up so many different ways Penny could remember, so this is just one of the numerous ways floating through my head. Worked well with the song.

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Openyo10

o p e n y o u r e y e s - S N O W P A T R O L
Penelope Isolde Baudelaire & Todd Bruce Cross
“All this feels strange and untrue and I won’t waste a minute without you. My bones ache, my skin feels cold and I’m getting so tired and so old.”

Penelope let out a sigh, staring up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and ran her hands over her face. She could tel that it was going to be another sleepless night. Perhaps she should go down to the common room, like she normally did when she couldn't sleep. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she sat up and swung her legs out over her bed. She grabbed her robe and descended down into the common room.

The door opened rather silently and Penelope paused as she entered, noticing another figure sitting on the couch. When she moved forward slightly, she recognized it to be Todd. "Hey Todd," she greeted quietly, hoping not to startle him too much. He turned to see her and a small smile formed on his face. She reciprocated it and pulled her robe together as she sat down next to him. "Couldn't sleep?"

"Not really, you too?" Todd questioned back. Penny nodded. She knew this wasn't the first time they both couldn't sleep - actually, the third time to be exact, but she didn't remember the first time. Penelope sighed and leaned back into the couch, turning her head to face him. She studied his face, having finally committed all of his features to her memory. This seemed so familiar, yet not and her heart ached at the thought of it. All this feels strange and untrue.

Todd studied her back, every feature familiar to him and it honestly took all he had not to reach out and cup her rosy cheek in his hand. It hurt, but he was still glad that he could spend these moments with her - whether she remembered him or not... loved him or not.

"Uhm, so," Penelope broke the silence, running her tongue over her lips as she glanced away towards the fireplace. She toyed with the end of her robe. "How's the, uh, Brie situation?" It had recently been brought to her attention of Brieanne's feelings toward Todd. There was no true feelings of animosity towards her, though maybe a small pang of jealousy - but she had told Todd to move on, and even if nothing happened exactly, perhaps he should pursue her.

"Oh, well," Todd started, running his fingers through his short red hair. Perhaps, maybe if Penelope hadn't been so present in his life, he would go after Brie... but... that was not the case and he found it incredibly difficult to get over his beloved Book Girl. "I mean, it's good, I guess... we're not dating or anything, you know."

Penelope nodded slightly and guilt began to rise in the pit of her stomach once more. Was it because of her? Most likely, and for that she felt responsible and guilty. "Is it..." she trailed off for a moment, closing her eyes. "Is it because of me?" Her voice was quiet as she asked.

Todd bit his lip and glanced down at his lap. He wanted to say no, as if to protect her from the truth, but he knew she'd hate him for that. "Yes..." he told her with a small breath. Penelope took in a sharp intake of breath, her eyes opening as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Todd..." she started, but Todd knew what she was going to say. He shook his head a few times.

"No, I know... I know..." he pinched the bridge of his nose; it was always the same thing over and over again. She'd tell him to get over her and, to be truthful, he didn't want to. She was being selfless and he was being selfish.

"I just don't want to see you like this Todd; it hurts me. I am the reason and I know it. I'm the one in the way. Merlin, it's a wonder Brie doesn't hate me at all - she's like an angel, really." Penelope stood up, walking away.

"If you want me to leave you alone, Penny, I can," Todd said quietly. He had told her that a few times, but she never told him to go away.

"It's not like that, Todd. I like you; you're my best friend... but maybe... I should stay away from you. Maybe that'd be for the best."

"No," Todd told her simply, standing up. "No, I don't want that. I just - I know you don't remember me, love me, but I remember you and love you and... need you. I need you Book Girl." Penelope turned to face him, staring before closing her eyes and biting her lip. "Penny, please... open your eyes."

Penelope shook her head and turned away from him. "I-I can't do this Todd. I just can't." She hugged her self. Todd took in a deep breath and reached out, turning her around. Penelope's eyes opened in shock and she found herself staring into his brown eyes.

"I just need you to look at me," he said quietly.

"Okay," she replied breathlessly. She blinked, simply watching him. They stood in silence for a minute before Todd spoke once more.

"I know you keep telling me I should move on, but I can't. I... I don't want to waste a minute without you," he told her truthfully. He wanted her to see him, know him, remember him, love him, but he had no way of bringing that back. Penelope glanced down, unsure of what else to say. There was a small bit of something that she felt for him, but it wasn't much at the moment.

What happened next surprised both of them. Todd felt himself leaning forward, tilting her chin up. Todd moved closer and closer, Penelope's breath caught in her throat. Finally their lips touched. Penelope closed her eyes, leaning into the kiss subconsciously. Her heart skipped a beat and her breath seemed to halt. Flashes, scenes, thoughts, feelings, all seemed to rush back to her.

Her eyes snapped open, tears ran down her face. She broke from the kiss, moving away from him. "Penelope, are you okay?" Had he pushed her to the edge?

"Todd?" She questioned somewhat weakly. She blinked, running her tongue over her lips once more before looking back up at him. Her heart seemed to swell and more tears feel as her smile grew. "Todd..." she reached out and cupped his face. A small laugh erupted from her. "I remember you... I-I remember you." Todd stared down at her in shock. Wait... did she just say... did she... "I remember you." How could she have ever forgotten him?

Penelope leaned up and pressed her lips to his once more. He smiled, trying not to let out a laugh. He reached up and took one of her hands into his own, knotting his fingers through hers, squeezing lightly. Was this all a dream? Could his mind be so cruel to play a trick like this on him? No, no this was all too real.

"All this feels strange and untrue,
And I won't waste a minute without you."

words: 1181
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 pm

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Rachel-crying
That is all.
Except also much more sobbing and rejoicing and DAMMIT WHY CAN'T THIS BE CANON.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:05 pm

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_mb1nio5lcm1qkoplp
TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_md53d9qltt1rr2zps

because we're horrible and keep postponing it. xD ONE DAY. THIS WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY. I SWEAR TO YOU! SHE WILL REMEMBER!
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am

EVERYTIME YOU POST SOMETHING MY BRAIN JUST SCREAMS "NO!"

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_md3j8meB9R1rrtlj2
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:49 pm

JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET TO THE JOHNVANS ONES. THERE ARE TWO I THINK.
TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_ma2ozgDTjM1rf2jmdo1_400
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Oh, look, another fic where Penny remembers... >____> I'm telling you, I've thought up a hundred different scenarios. <____< xD

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Feelmy10
t o m a k e y o u f e e l m y l o v e - B O B D Y L A N
Penelope Isolde Baudelaire & Todd Bruce Cross
“When the evening shadows and the stars appear and there is no one there to dry your tears. I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love. I know you haven’t made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I’ve known from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong.”

Penelope rushed inside, the rain pouring down outside. She couldn’t help but giggle as she made her way into the entrance hall. Todd was close behind her, laughing himself. The rain had come out of nowhere, but neither really cared all that much. Penny tried to dry her hair out as best as she could and a slight chill came over her, causing her to shiver - though she didn’t particularly care about it.

“Here,” Todd smiled, moving towards her as he suddenly wrapped her up into a hug. He may have been just as soaked as she was, but it was like he was a heater. There was something about guys that made them exert so much heat that it amazed Penny. Her father and brother were similar. Still, though, a blush crossed over her face.

“Th-thank you,” Penny stuttered and Todd began to think again. Right, she still wasn’t used to this - still didn’t remember him, and there he had gone, caught up in the moment, and hugged her. Todd let go of her, moving back only slightly and nodded.

“No problem,” he murmured, rubbing his hands on his wet pants. Penelope stared down for a moment, running her tongue over her lips as she tried not to let the awkward silence get to her. She bit her lip.

“M-maybe we should go... uh... get warm? The Common Room... or...” she trailed off for a moment, scratching her head in slight embarrassment. There was always a chance that someone else would be in the Common Room and, despite the awkwardness of the previous situation, she wouldn’t mind hanging out with Todd alone. She enjoyed it really. So, what she said next really shouldn’t have been so embarrassing, she just couldn’t help but let a blush form across her face. “The room of requirement?”

Todd glanced up at her, trying not to think how adorable she looked with her cheeks flushed and her hair soaked. A small smile placed on his face and he nodded. “The room of requirement sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it’ll give us a huge, roaring fire... and hot chocolate,” his smile widened when he saw one form on her face and her eyes light up.

“Yes, oh, I hope so!” She giggled lightly, the awkwardness gone in an instant. It was decided then, the two Ravenclaws would head to the room of requirement. They had to walk around for a moment before the door formed, but it eventually did. Todd opened it, motioning for her to enter first.

It had been beautiful, as was to be expected from the magical room. The ceiling was glass, showing off the rainy night, stars trying their hardest to break through the storm clouds, but to no avail. Just as Todd had mentioned, the room had given them a rather large fireplace, complete with a roaring fire to keep them warm. There was a bar in front of it, to hang things to dry. There was a couch with a few blankets over the back of it and a coffee table in front of it. It really was quite a perfect place to get and stay warm.

“Oh wow,” Penelope said breathlessly and Todd couldn’t help but think how oddly familiar this seemed. He watched Penny looked around in amazement and a wave of nostalgia came over him. “Because it’s just us. Together. Nothing bad can happen...” Todd swallowed the sorrow and offered Penelope a smile.

“It’s pretty perfect,” he agreed with her as he made his way over to the fire, holding his hands out in front of it. The sound of the rain was soothing and he glanced up, thinking how cool it looked as the rain lightly fell against the glass. Suddenly, Penelope sneezed and Todd glanced back to look at her. “Hmn, maybe we should get out of these wet clothes...”

There was a pause as Penelope and Todd just stared at each other. Get out of their wet clothes? Penelope’s eyes widened a bit as her face turned a bit red; Todd followed suit, realizing the implications of what he said. He shook his head, holding his hands out in front of him defensively. “N-not like that!” he tried to clarify, looking everywhere but at her. “I just mean... I’d rather not get sick... or, uhm, see you get sick... and... yeah...”

“Y-yes, but... the room didn’t provide us with... uhm...” Penelope’s face turned a deeper shade of red. “Other clothes.” Todd scratched his head awkwardly, looking around the room. His brown eyes rested on the blankets on the couch. He walked over and grabbed two of them.

“Blankets? Wh-while our clothes dry?” He questioned. Penelope bit her lip, staring at the blankets. He did have a point, if they stayed in their wet clothes there was a major possibility of them catching a cold... and that would be unfortunate... just... Penelope took a deep breath before nodding.

“O-okay... uhm... t-turn around,” she stuttered, gently grabbing one of the blankets from his hand. He nodded, turning around and staring upward at the ceiling. Penelope turned around herself and slowly began to strip off her skirt, sweater, and white button-up long sleeve. Obviously, she’d stay in her underwear. Keeping those on would not cause her to get sick. She wrapped her soft blanket around herself before taking another deep breath. “H-have you... uhm...?”

“Yeah...” She turned around to see Todd wrapping the blanket around himself. He leaned down to grab his uniform and walked over to the fire, placing his pants and shirt on the bar in front of the fire. Penelope followed suit before they finally settled down in front of the fire.

The flames danced as they both stared into it, entranced into a silence. Todd glanced back at Penny, shadows dancing across her face from the flames. The rain came down a bit harder now and there was suddenly a flash of light followed by a loud boom. Penelope was obviously startled by this, jumping and letting out a yelp. Todd smiled softly and moved closer to her. “You okay?”

“Y-yes,” Penelope flushed, nodding slightly. It wasn’t that she was frightened of thunderstorms... loud noises just tended to make her jump. She shook slightly and Todd took a deep breath, making another rash decision tonight. He moved closer to her, wrapping the both of them up in his blanket, his arm resting gently over her shoulders.

Penelope glanced up at him, her heart racing and her breath catching in her throat. “Don’t worry, Book Girl, Sir Schmucksalot can protect you from the thunder,” he teased lightly. Penelope blushed and smiled slightly, laughing a bit even.

“H-how v-very kind of you,” she stuttered, glancing down and instinctively leaning into him. It just felt natural to be in his arms, as if there was no other place in the world she would rather be. She stayed silently for a moment before biting her lip. “T-Todd...” she glanced up at him. “I...”

Todd let out a small sigh and glanced over at the fire. “I know you haven’t made up your mind yet,” Todd started quietly. Despite realizing that Penelope may never remember him, Todd had tried to look at this in the best kind of light. He figured that maybe he was lucky... he had a chance to make her fall in love with him again, got to go through all of those moments again. However, she just hadn’t quite gotten there yet. “But, you know, I would never do you wrong. I mean... I’ve known it...” Todd glanced at her, a small smile on his face, “from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong.”

Penelope stared up into his brown eyes. She wasn’t sure what she was determined for - that is, until she brought herself even close to Todd, more specifically her lips. Against his. She. Was kissing. Todd. Perhaps it was because of the heat, having gone to her head... or the butterflies that had begun to stir when he had spoken. Whatever it had been, she couldn’t help but push her thoughts aside and act.

Todd had been caught off guard. Her lips... they were... she was kissing him. Todd’s heart leapt and he couldn’t hold himself back; he gently kissed her back. His hand raised, cupping her face. It was unreal... it was as if it was a dream... a dream that he never wanted to wake up from.

Penelope slowly raised her arms to gently wrap them around his neck. Her blanket falling down slightly, but she was hardly even noticed. His lips were soft... and gentle... and familiar. This all seemed so familiar. She felt her heartbeat quicken and as another flash of lightning occurred, her blue eyes shot open.

“Wow...”

“What does this mean?”

“Whatever you want it to mean. I was kind of hoping, though... that it means we’re...”

“I was, uh... yeah. Heh... me too... I... that’s what I was hoping for too; that’s what I want... to be...”

“Your Highness? I think you may have a little something...”

“W-what? What? D-do I... do I have something on my face?”

“Don’t sweat it. I’ll get it.”

Penelope’s breathing became ragged as she quickly broke the kiss. Todd bit the inside of his cheek. Wondering if maybe it had been too much for Penny - even if she had initiated the kiss, maybe it had been too much for her to handle. “Penny...?”

“She also goes by Penny. Apparently. Not sure why... why?”

“Well, not-not many people actually call me Penny... usually just Penelope or Pen. I don’t know why... that’s just how it is...”

“Well I call you Penny. It sounds a lot more... adorable.”

“T-Todd?” She was breathing heavy now, trying to get her vision to focus. Her hand reached up to press against her forehead, trying to grasp everything that was flooding in. Todd watched her struggle and he thought that perhaps she was coming down with a fever or something. She looked up at him and when tears prickled in his eyes, he figured it wasn’t just an illness.

“Hey, shh, it’s okay.” He wasn’t sure why she was crying, but he instantly felt the need to wipe away her tears. He hated it when she cried, remembering distinctly the day he and Ambrosia had found her in the library on the anniversary of her mother’s death - a bottle of firewhiskey, an old picture, and tears... many, many tears.

“Todd,” she repeated his name, her hand cover her mouth as more tears fell from her eyes. She smiled into her hand as she looked at him; every feature on his face so perfect and... familiar. She reached out and touched his cheek gently. She let out a laugh in between her small sobs. “Oh Todd...” She bit her lip, smiling. “I remember you.” She leaned forward and pressed her lips against his once more.

Todd’s brown eyes widened. She pulled away once more. “I remember you,” it was a whisper against his lips. She... she remembered him? She... remembered... him. She remembered him! Todd smiled, a rush of happiness flooding him as he moved forward to kiss her. She laughed into the kiss, wrapping her arms around him and moving closer. She didn’t particularly care that she was in her underwear or that he was in his, the fact that the blankets had fallen away. No, all she cared about was that she remembered him... everything... she remembered hating him... teasing each other... nearly drowning... kissing... sleeping... everything. How could she have ever forgotten? How could she have ever forgotten the love that now felt as if it was bursting from her heart.

Penelope pulled away, staring into his eyes. Todd’s hand rested on her cheek, his thumb tracing small circles as he smiled down at her. “You remember me...” he echoed happily and another burst of laughter erupted from Penelope as she nodded furiously. She remembered him, and she’d never again forget.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn’t do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you.
To make you feel my love.

words: 2044
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:51 am

How is it that you always manage to write Todd exactly right?
And you did that THING WITH THE 'DETERMINED' AND 'SHE. WAS KISSING. TODD.'
Gonna go bury myself in a coffin of frozen tears.
Eheheh underwear.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 am

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_m1gj46wOvj1qbymseo4_250
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am

Ashely:
I don't even know, bahaha. I'm always afraid I'm not, though, so I'm glad you think I am. :Dw
I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE THAT! I figured this time, Penny should be the one to kiss him... and then... I had that idea... and I ran with it. xDD
ehehehe. e3e I figured, why the hell not. xD

Shae:
TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Tumblr_maz82p83ZR1rrpsd7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE   TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE Empty

Back to top Go down

TEN SONGFICS / SHUFFLE CHALLENGE
Page 1 of 1