Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] Empty
PostSubject: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Brieanne had finally left Hogwarts' grounds after a while of not even letting herself out of her dorm room. She was substantially bigger around her midsection than she had been the last time she had been in Hogsmeade, and it didn't bother her much. The only reason she had come out was to get her little one some clothes.. and that was the only reason.

When she stepped in the shop, the shopkeeper hastily rushed over to the door, helping the girl in, much to her annoyance. Brieanne knew her limits. Lately, people had been treating her like a child.. and it wasn't going to fly with her for much longer.

Thank Merlin for the excuse of 'pregnancy hormones'.

She wandered around the shop for some time, looking at all the different fabrics and pieces of clothing until setting her eyes on the baby section, her lips warming themselves into a smile as she started picking out girly little outfits for dear Alyvia.

(face it. Brie and her unborn baby girl + baby clothes + the thought of Brie's friends dressing her up = cutenesseverywhere.)
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:34 pm

[no one else had taken the opportunity, so I figured I might... hope you don't mind. <3 and yes, this is like, cuteness overload!]

Penelope once more entered Hogsmeade. She had recently been there to get sweets, but now she was here for an entirely different purpose. She was on a mission that ended at Gladrags Wizardwear. She was on the look out for a few things, mainly a pair of red mittens to create a heart for a little snowgirl. Penny blushed and smiled at the thought, but merely shook her head. How easily she got swept up in all the fun. She probably should be studying today, but she was postponing her potions essay as much as she could - very unlike Pen, but not so much if you knew her background in potions.

The little bell jingled as Penelope entered the clothing store and she was greeted with warmth. Penny loosened her Ravenclaw scarf and placed her gloves into her purse that was attached her her waist. It had warmed up quite a bit over the last couple of days, but who was to say snow wasn't to come once more?

Penelope ran her hands through her wavy, somewhat knotty brown hair and glanced around. Perhaps she could find a sweater or two as well. She loved sweaters quite a lot. Today she was wearing plum colored sweater that she was quite fond of.

Penny moved silently through the store, nodding kindly to the woman who worked there. She stopped for a moment, tilting her head to the side. Was that... Brieanne? A smile formed across her face. She bit her lip for a moment, noticing where she was at... the baby section. She shook her head, whatever was going on with her was truly none of her business unless Brie wanted to tell her... and Penelope hardly knew her well enough for her to expect to be told. Still, though, she'd walk over and greet her.

"Brieanne," she smiled, walking over towards the baby section. There were a bunch of adorable little outfits, and Penelope had to refrain from cooing over them. "Hello, how are you?" She questioned, still smiling kindly. She hadn't talked to her since their first meeting at the ball, but Penelope hoped that they could be friends one day.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm

{I don't mind at all! c: yes yes, must be cute. VERY cute.}

'Brieanne?'

Her name had sounded so odd coming from that voice. It was almost like it didn't belong there, like it was too filthy. It was nothing of Penelope's doing, of course.. Brie's way of thinking had just changed over the past few days. Her mind was dwindling this way and that way, not ever taking the time to stop. Yet, here she was in the same position, a smile on her face and a heaviness in her heart.

She turned around to see Penelope smiling at her, the girl instinctively returning it. "Oh hi, Penelope. I'm doing just fine, how are you? Ventured out in the cold, I see.. what are you looking for?"

Just fine. Nobody deserved to ever hear how she was really doing. It'd hurt them more than it'd hurt her. People always pitied her, whether they said it verbally or not.. and Brieanne would usually get offended, but she just didn't have the brainpower or will to even acknowledge it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 am

Brieanne turned around and returned her smile. Well that was good, she had said she was doing just fine. Obviously there were some... obvious changes - though, calculating, it’s just more prominent now - but that was still none of Penelope’s business. She wouldn’t ask, pry, pity, or do anything of the such for Brieanne.

Penelope let out a small laugh; yes, she had ventured out into the cold once more, but the weather hardly bothered her all that much. She enjoyed cold weather. “Well, that’s good to hear,” she said in reply to Brie telling her that she was just fine. “I’m good as well, great even I suppose. I’m just out here looking for a pair of red mittens.” She gave a light shrug, still smiling.

Penelope titled her head to the side, subtly studying Brie’s face. Wondering what was going through her mind. Brie’s smile didn’t seem to falter, but she wasn’t sure if something was off or not. She didn’t really know her well enough to pick up on the subtle things like that.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 am

"Why red mittens? Are they for a little kid or something?" inquired Brieanne, a hand traveling to her stomach as she looked at the girl in interest, "I think I saw some on my way over here, though.. sorry that I'm not of much help. Kind of been shut in for a while, y'see."

She turned to inspect some ruffly dresses, a particular lilac one catching her eye. "Have you talked to Todd any lately, Penelope?" Her tone didn't say much, but inside.. her mind was reeling. She already had a really horrible breakdown in the Mirror of Erised room, she didn't want to scare poor Penelope.. that was the last thing she wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 am

"Oh, haha," Penelope reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "No, it's for a snowman, actually." It sounded kind of silly saying it out loud, but she was nonetheless excited for it. "See, I want to make a heart for the snowman and I had this book as a child where one of the red mittens got lost and ended up in the snowman... and it looked like heart. It was pretty cute, I don't know." She shrugged, her face pinking over slightly as she explained it.

"It's no problem at all," Penny smiled softly at Brieanne. Penelope hadn't seen her since the ball... she hadn't even considered the possibility that perhaps she just hadn't left her room or maybe even the tower. Penny wished there was something she could do, but perhaps she was feeling better... as they were both now in the clothing shop. She must have been feeling well enough to come out here.

Penelope bit her lip for a moment, fighting off the urge to smile. "Yes, actually, just the other day," she said in a very lighthearted tone. "We ran into each other at Honeydukes and kind of made a day out of it." She gave a small shrug, leaning down to inspect some of the adorable baby shoes on the bottom shelf. "Have you?" She questioned back innocently.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:25 am

"It really does sound cute though, Penelope," said Brie brightly, running her fingers over the ruffles on the dress. She started to hum a soft tune until Penelope started to talk about her day with Todd, the girl turning her attention back to Penelope. There was an odd look in her eyes, a look that didn't seem to belong there. Jealousy, was it? "Oh, really? That must've been fun." Her smile disappeared soon after, her heart hurting her. Why was it that every time Todd was brought up, she got upset? "No, I, um.. I haven't, actually. I have some, um.. things to talk to him about but it can qait. Good that you hung out with him, though.."

(ohmyfeels. </3)
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

Penelope smiled, blushing a little bit as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you, I thought so too," she said in a somewhat quiet tone. She was glad Brie hadn't thought it to be stupid or childish in any manner. That would have been really embarrassing. Penny glanced up at her as she hummed, it sounded really pretty, but it didn't last for long.

Penelope cocked her head to the side slightly as Brie's smile seemed to fade. "Yes, it was," Penny said softly, smiling as she looked away. She wasn't sure why Brie's smile had disappeared. Had she and Todd had a fight or something? Oh, she hoped not. "Oh yeah?" She questioned innocently. Penelope stood up, straightening herself out a little bit. The shoes had been very adorable, but she had no use to buy them or anything. Penny offered another smile. "Yes, I am glad for it myself."

[awww, Brie, come into my arms and take my love! <3<3]
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Brie gave a half-hearted attempt at a smile, wringing her hands together. Deep inside, she wanted to explode; she wanted to scream and cry and ask Merlin just why the hell he was putting her through all this emotional drag, but she knew it'd be no use. She'd just save it for later.. the dangerous method that was putting her further into her own tunnel of despair.

"Yeah, I do.. they're kinda important, but, I mean.. guess he needs his off-days too," said she, shrugging nonchalantly. "I'm guessing that's what the mittens were for? Did you go out in the snow with him?"

(ALIX. Super glad you're okay from ol' stupidhead Sandy. <3)
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Penelope smiled softly at Brie, but said nothing much on the subject. It wasn't really her business to pry into, despite the little inkling of curiosity settling in. She knew when to bite back and when to push forward, for the most part anyway. Penny's face then turned a nice shade of red and she let out a very small laugh. "Oh, well, yes," she looked down at her feet, shuffling them slightly. "We, uh, had a snowball fight and then made a snowman... Frosty Jr. Felt that maybe if we made another one, we could give it a heart..." she trailed off for a moment before glancing back up at Brieanne, with a larger smile. "You should join us the next time! You, Jim, and Evaine. It could be really fun.... if you want..."

Penelope had never really had a group of friends at Hogwarts. She had stuck close to her brother and then the years she had supposedly made friends had vanished from her memory. Penny was really hoping to break free as much as she could from her shy little shell and make more friends, and she really did adore Brieanne, Jim, and Evaine. She had only just met them, but they seemed really nice. Though, she didn't want to impose on their little group.

[ :3 Thanks. We were really expecting it to be bad, or at least that's how they really hyped it up to be, but we barely ended up getting much, thank goodness. ♥♥♥]
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Brieanne grinned at the mention of snowball fights, her mind switching gears. "Oh, I'd love to join you all sometime.. I have quite an accurate throwing arm, so I've been told.. hit a couple people square between the eyes," she said, giggling. "That's always fun, galavanting through the snow with friends.. we all need some time to just wind down and have fun, y'know?"

She seemed really sweet, Penelope did; and Brieanne didn't have anything against her. How could she? Being jealous of anything was against her oown morals.. and especially over guys. Brie understood the situation and she understood it well, but there was always this evil little part of her that wished terrible things.. terrible, TERRIBLE things.

[[ Good <3 We were expecting it to be bad too, with how bad Irene messed us up.. it's all okay now though c: ]]
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Penelope giggled, glad that Brieanne was on board. "Oh no," she laughed. "I guess I should watch out then. My aim isn't very good." Penelope then nodded. Fun was good, Penelope was slowly learning. She had spent too many years cooped up studying, never really spending much time with anyone. "Yes, I quite agree. Especially after all of these exams and papers. Plus, the school seems a bit more down than normal... so lighting it up the best we can among ourselves is really all we can do."

Penelope was practically giddy with excitement. Maybe doing this, immersing herself in the new, would help her to remember the past. Living in the past didn't seem to really help any, so all she could do was move forward. "I can't wait to tell Todd," she said finally, smiling widely. "It's going to be so much fun."

[well that's good. I know some places got hit really, really badly. <3]
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 pm

"Yes.. school life hasn't been all that exciting lately. Has been pretty dismal," stated Brie, nodding her head. "We all need a pick-me-up, like a day of fun for all of us. At least, for us Ravenclaws, anyway." She chuckled, putting a hand on her stomach before going back to look at the vast array of baby clothes. "Yes, I'm sure it will be fun," she said brightly, running her fingers over a velvety dress, "More than fun.. brilliant! Speaking of brilliant.. have you heard about the Halloween ball that supposed to be coming up? Aren't you excited?"
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Penelope gave a small laugh. Yes, fun for all would be divine. Penelope didn't know each personal problem that the group was going through, she hardly knew any of them to be honest, but everyone had situations that they would like to escape from. Penelope knew her reasons and that was all that mattered. If the others needed a break to let loose, then they would get it - hopefully.

"Oh, yes, it sounds like a load of fun!" Penelope exclaimed. The only ball she could ever remember attending was the one at the beginning of the year. She may have attended one with Michael during the first year, but she could hardly remember even with her memory. The last Halloween Ball she attended was lost to her though, which was a tad bit why she was confused when her brother sent her a ready made costume; she doubted he bought it, but where else would he have gotten it from? He refused to tell her and it kind of irked her, but she had let it pass. "Have you picked out a costume yet?" Penny questioned, tilting her head to the side slightly as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 pm

"I'm making mine, actually," said Brie proudly, hanging the velvet dress over her arm, "I know it's gonna be feathery.. just not sure what exactly I wanna be. I always go with a theme.. I guess I'll surprise myself this time. What are you going as?"

Brieanne really was interested in Penelope's answer. She herself loved dressing up; performances, speeches, nights out, anything of the sort, Brie was completely game. She just didn't know what she was going to do when the baby was born.. she wouldn't have much of a life anymore, and her devotion would be to the child's well-being. She was honestly scared, to be honest.. scared of what might happen to the child, scared of what the future held.. and she was ultimately scared of herself.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

"Oh wow, really?" Penelope asked in awe. Really, she found that to be quite amazing. She hadn't had much of a knack for making clothing. She tried sewing once, but wasn't very good at it. Perhaps is she tried using magic, it would be different. She had made a pair of shoes before, ironically the glass slippers that she was going to wear to the ball - she just didn't remember ever having made them. "That's honestly amazing. I can't wait to see it," Penelope then bit her lip and thought for a moment, "although, I guess I won't know it's you... with the whole enchanted mask thing, but I still think it sounds beautiful." She smiled.

"Cinderella, actually," Penelope told her. "My brother sent me the costume... I don't even know where he had gotten it, but I can't wait. I love dressing up." She didn't do it often, but she really did enjoy it. Last time she wore the costume, she had been afraid that it was too much and almost turned back in fear had it not been for Michael pulling her into the Great Hall. Needless to say the night hadn't ended too badly - if only she remembered it.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm

"Yeah, I've been sewing and things for a while.. one of those quirks that I've gotten into over the years," she said, smiling lightly. "I don't know how the mask thing is going to work, but there's gotta be some way we'll be able to tell who's who.. I don't know if it'll change your clothes as well, but now I know who you're going as. Cinderella's always been my favorite fairy tale."

She nodded at Penelope's statement about dressing up, fully agreeing on the fact. "It's one of my favorite things, dressing up. I guess my excitement is getting the best of me," she admitted, laughing lightly.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

"I think sewing is a great skill to have. Unfortunately, I lack it, but there's still time to learn," Penelope laughed slightly. No one in her family really knew how to sew, but she could always take a class if she really wanted to learn - without magic, that is. She tried not to rely too much on magic, though did enjoy the perks of it. Wand magic was definitely her forte, divinations, herbology, care of magical creatures, and especially potions were not her specialties.

Penelope's pointer finger rested on her chin for a moment as she thought. "Oh, I hope there is a way... I'd hate to go into a room full of strangers without even the hint of recognizing someone there." Penelope wasn't all that great at meeting new people, and would probably stay close to the wall until someone introduced themselves to her. A light pink blush then formed across her face. "Mine too," she smiled. It looked like they had something in common, and that made Penelope happy.

Penelope giggled. "It makes me feel like a kid again, I love it." Penelope nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 pm

"I could teach you if you'd like," said Brie, fully intending to do so, "Always good to learn new things, yeah?" She smiled at the girl, honestly happy that they were getting along; not that Brieanne doubted they would, but she was always cautious of whose company she kept.. and she had the absolute right to be.

"Yeah, I.. I've had some bad experiences with strangers," said Brieanne, flashes of terrible nights at her home entering her mind yet again. They were always dressed in black, always silent.. but the menace radiating from the Death Eaters was enough to scare her out of her wits. "I've always felt like dressing up and the like is my way of getting the childhood that I didn't have back.. there's some twisted stuff that's been going in my family, y'see.. and it was hard to be a kid in those circumstances. I guess there's always going to be a part of us all that wants to be a kid forever."
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Penelope's eyes brightened and her grin widened. "Really? That's so kind of you! I-I'd really love that, if it's not too much." Penelope didn't want to impose on her or anything, but she thought it would be quite fun to learn how to sew. She'd obviously do something in return for her; perhaps make her something in order to say thanks. It was just the way she was.

Penelope bit the edge of her lip, watching Brie closely. "I'm sorry to hear that," Penny said softly. It was horrible how some people had to suffer through tragic childhoods like that. She smiled softly and nodded a bit. "Yes, I suppose there is." Penelope had had a rather good childhood, despite the death of her mother. She wouldn't mind going back and being that child again - although, she had in part done that memory wise. Still though, as much as the appeal to be a child forever, she thought it wouldn't be too bad becoming an adult as well.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Brieanne shook her head. "It's not, I promise! It'd be fun! I could even bake you some things I learned from my mother." Her motherly instincts were kicking in again, and it seemed like Penelope didn't mind at all. She was so sweet; it made Brieanne feel really guilty for 'stealing'..

Penelope spoke again, whirling Brie from her thoughts. "Yeah.. there's a child in all of us.. at least, I think so. Then again, I am kind of unusual when it comes to those circumstances.." she shrugged, looking down at the shelves of small baby shoes, "Do you have any siblings, Penelope?"
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:45 pm

"It does sound like a lot of fun," Penelope admitted with a small giggle. Plus, adding some baking to that made it even more appealing. Penelope wasn't exactly the best cook. Well, she was learning anyway. It kind of made sense, seeing as she was absolutely horrible at potions. The two were very similar, needing a certain amount of ingredients, cooked at a certain temperature, et cetera. For some reason, she was just really bad at it. She tried, though, and she would continue to try.

Penelope's smile widened a little bit. "Yes, actually, I have three siblings. An older sister named Willow, a younger sister - Isabelle, and then my twin brother, Michael. Do you?" Penelope asked. Penelope wasn't sure where she would be without her siblings, especially her twin brother. Perhaps it was a twin thing, feeling so completely connected to someone that it's hard to imagine a life without them.
Back to top Go down
Brieanne Devereaux

Brieanne Devereaux

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

"Oh, I'm an only child. Always wished I had a baby sister or something of the sort.. I would've had company 99.9% of the time. Oh well, though. I think I grew up just fine considering." She kept a warm smile on her face, determined to not let her true hurt show. It wasn't a terrible hurt, more like an emotional hurt -- one that would go away after a few minutes.

"I'm one of those many people you hear about that desperately wanted a sibling.. so, it's really common," she stated, shrugging it off. "Seems as if most of my friends have older siblings, and I'm the odd one out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]   Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone] Empty

Back to top Go down

Letting Herself Breathe [tag: anyone]
Page 1 of 1