Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gwyneira Baines

Gwyneira Baines

'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles} Empty
PostSubject: 'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles}   'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 pm

for all my Gwyneira fics, mainly focusing on her and James' relationship. enjoy~
'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles} JgQhPOQxkHpMPwDAkuUQxJw9EtaIKLeOrQWEwuD2yKA4IIMXiQB4Sa-wjtxeYssBmWJC3geIhIvxikwxj2Fp7G3DuPI83nltIcajW-xs5GAnmz5BJyXE
Gwyneira Baines and James Nolan
Neira and Charming

“But you know don't you...You know exactly what I'm talking about."
"James. His name was James.”
“I have a name, you know.”
“Don’t care. ‘Charming’ suits you. Now cut me down... Charming.”

"James is a nice name.”
"Yes, though I actually hardly ever called him that. Charming was what he was known to by me... he hated it, which was why I loved to use it.”
“I told you. I have a name. It’s James.”
“It’s nice to meet you, James.”

“You really called him Charming??---That is so cute!!"
“I did. He hated it so much, at least when I first started. He then grew accustomed to it, since I used it every chance I could."
“Well, goodbye, Gwyneira.”
“Goodbye, Prince Charming.”
“I told you, it’s James.”
“Nah. Still like ‘Charming’ better.”

The First Meeting

loosely based off of this

She had nowhere else to run. She was absolutely and utterly trapped. Oh god, what could she do? She had been running for so long... and now it was all worthless. She was going to die at the mercy of this heartless Death Eater, who’s wand was digging into her neck. Gwyneira Baines, age twenty-six, looked up into the dismal sky and wondered if that was the last time she’d ever see it. She had been on the run since she was about seventeen; her stepmother turning out to be a loyal follower of Lord Voldemort. Being a halfblood, Gwyneira was a disgrace to her and, after killing her father, Bryn, Jezabel attempted to poison her as well.

Jezebel had managed a small group of followers to help in her quest to kill Gwyneira. Perhaps because she was a seer, she had been able to make it a higher priority. Though, she was slightly surprised that capture wasn’t in order because of her skill. Surely Voldemort could use a seer... though Gwyn would much rather prefer death. Which seemed much more imminent than ever before.

Suddenly, just as she thought she was going to die, the words Avada Kedavra bubbling at this man’s lips, there was a guttural scream as another’s voice yelled, “Stupify!” Gwyneira tensed up, her breath catching in her throat as the man whose wand had been pressed into her neck collapsed to the ground. Gwyn let out a ragged breath before lowering her eyes to see a man standing not too far away from her. He was taller than her with light brown hair. He stood with his wand extended and a glare sent at the now collapsed man.

“Are you okay?” He finally asked, putting his wand away and walking towards her. Gwyneira couldn’t help but eye him warily - he may have just saved her, but how did she know he was actually one of the good guys? She bit her lip, trying to regain her balance and move away from the tree she had been pressed against.

“Yes, I’m fine,” she told him rather straightforwardly. “I could have handled that myself, though.” She would never admit that she had needed his help, even though he had really just saved her life. For one, it would show that she was weak and for another, if he really wasn’t a good guy, she wouldn’t give him that satisfaction. Gwyneira turned, grabbing some of her items that had since fallen in her struggle with the Death Eater, and began to walk away.

“You know, a simple thank you would suffice,” the man called after her, following behind her just a bit. Gwyneira rolled her eyes, hearing the somewhat chuckling tone in his voice. She pushed a lock of her long black hair behind her ear and continued on, not caring whether or not he was following her. She’d lose him eventually.

“Like I said, I could have done it myself. I was just... waiting for the opportune moment. Had you showed up a minute later I would have... I would have gotten out of it. So no thank you is really needed,” Gwyneira explained, twisting her lie about effortlessly. She could hear him scoff before letting a laugh enter the air about them.

“Yes, right, I should have known, I’m sorry. I just thought I was saving your life and all. My mistake,” he finally reached up to her, walking next to Gwyn as he held his hands up defensively. She glanced at him, a small frown on her face. Yes, he had very much saved her life. She sighed, shaking her head. Oh well, she’d never see him again so it didn’t matter much to her anyway.

“Yes well, I’m glad you’re able to see your mista-” Gwyneira let out a small yelp as she was suddenly being surrounded by a net and hanging a few feet off of the ground. What in the hell had just happened? How did... who the hell put this here? She looked down, noticing the strange man looking up at her with obvious amusement. He crossed his arms over his chest and raised one of his eyebrows.

“I’m assuming that you’ll be able to get yourself down from there as well, yeah?” He chuckled. She glared down at him, her mouth forming a very thin line. Now she was in need of him. If only she hadn’t left her wand in her cabin, all would be well. But alas, now she had to ask him for help, but it would be very hard to weasel out of her.

“Oh, aren’t you a real Prince Charming,” she sneered down at him. Seriously, he may have saved her life, but she didn’t exactly like him. He let out another chuckle, shaking his head.

“I have a name, you know,” he told her. She rolled her eyes; well, of course, everyone had a name. That didn’t mean she wanted to be bothered with knowing his.

“Don’t care. ‘Charming’ suits you,” She told him. A smile formed on his face as he looked up at her. Was she for real? Calling him Charming? It was right out of a fairy tale story. Plus, he obviously knew it was meant to be sarcastic... but he had just saved her life, no need for the hostility. “Now cut me down... Charming.” She enunciated each word, giving him a smirk as she used the nickname once more. He just laughed at her antics.

“I’ll release you when you admit that I had just saved your life.” She frowned for a moment, shaking her head. Oh no, she wouldn’t admit that.

“Not the thanking type,” she told him. She wasn’t much of one to trust people anymore and thanking them entitled them to a little bit of trust. Ever since she was younger and the people she had once called friends turned on her because of her gift... and then what with her stepmother, she had begun to lose the ability to trust. Charming simply smirked and nodded, both eyebrows raising for a moment as he did so.

“Indeed, I noticed.” Gwyn was a bit taken aback by this and she looked down at him, her own eyebrows furrowed slightly.

“What is that supposed to mean? Are you insulting me?” She questioned him, her voice rising a bit as she did so. He didn’t move much, just continued to stare up at her. He shook his head.

“Quite right, my apologies. How dare I cast dispersions at the person I just saved. Where is my thank you?” Her mouth formed a thin line once more. Why was his need for a thank you so great? Couldn’t he just move on with his life like everyone else? If he was a fairy, he wouldn’t want a thank you. But, obviously, he wasn’t one.

“I don’t do thank yous.” She told him finally. Charming dropped his arms, looking up at her a bit exasperatedly. Was it really that difficult to give him a thank you? It was just two little words. Hardly took enough air out of her lungs.

“Seriously?” He questioned her. “Is it really that difficult to thank me for, I don’t know, allowing you to live another day? Or, I’m sorry, were you ready to die back there? Or are you that deluded that you thought you really were about to save yourself. Because I was watching, you were giving up.” He put his hands on his hips. Her breathing got a bit heavier; he was just pushing all of her buttons with that. Maybe she had been ready to die. She had been running for years. Maybe it was time she just succumbed to the death that her stepmother so desperately wanted. “Just give me a simple thank you.”

Gwyneira let out a bitter snort and shook her head. “Good luck with that.” She’d rather stay up here in the net all night then give him that thank you. Now it was more than just bestowing a bit of trust with those two words... now she just didn’t want to give it to him. She wasn’t very fond of him.

“Look, this is what’s going to happen,” Charming spoke. Gwyneira poked her face out of one of the holes slightly, nodding her head a bit. “I am going to cut you down.” She nodded again, murmuring and okay. “And you are going to give me a simple thank you. Then we can be on our merry way and never have to see each other again.”

“And why would I do that?” She questioned, raising one of her eyebrows. Now she was just being defiant. Honestly, all she had to do was thank him and she’d never have to see his stupid face again.

“Because it’s the human thing to do?” He questioned her. She rolled her eyes, letting out an annoyed sigh. She waved her hand a bit.

“Fine, whatever, just cut me down.” She saw him smile and hated that look of satisfaction on his face. The smug bastard. He took his wand out once more and muttered something. The rope that held the net broke and she let out another yelp as she was suddenly dropped to the ground.

Gwyneira pushed the net away from her and stood up, her backside beginning to hurt a bit from the fall - she would live, though. Charming stood there, reading to accept his thank yous. She gave him a slight sneer, bowing a bit as if to a prince, and murmured, “Thank you.” With that, she turned on her heels and began to walk away.

“Wait, what’s your name!” He called after her.

“I thought I was allowed to go on my merry way?”

“I just want your name?”

“You also just wanted a thank you, isn’t that enough?” There was silence and she let out a small breath with her back still turned from her.

“Gwyneira.” She told him before leaving him in the clearing. She’d never see him again and it wouldn’t matter. She’d live to see another day, but would that day lead to another or the end? Even with her gift, she was unsure.

Back to top Go down

'Charming' suits you. {Gwyneira Drabbles}
Page 1 of 1