Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheer Up Chessie! [ROSE/VANS]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Corvus

Vanessa Corvus

Cheer Up Chessie! [ROSE/VANS] Empty
PostSubject: Cheer Up Chessie! [ROSE/VANS]   Cheer Up Chessie! [ROSE/VANS] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 am

Vanessa/Rose for SailorChessie
She was sad yesterday, so I decided to whore out Vanessa for her. What a good friend I am.
ALIX I AM SO SORRY.

This is not canon, obviously.

- Set 5 years in the future.
- Vanessa's birthday.
- Rose and Vanessa have been together a year, got together on Vanessa's last birthday.
- Rose gives her a gift.
- Get your mind out of the gutter.

21st of June; Vanessa's birthday. The day didn't mean very much to her, if she was honest. It hadn't meant much to her for over 40 years. She was still 15, after all, and she was going to stay 15. It kind of... undermined the point and value of her birthday. She didn't even age. Of course, others argued that the point of her birthday was to celebrate the day of her birth, and yes, that was quite true, but it hardly counted if it had no effect on her body anymore. Because there was no physical proof it happened. At least, that was the more-than-slightly-far-fetched lie she told people, when they asked what she wanted to do for her birthday. Really she just didn't like the idea of people fussing over her, it made her feel slightly guilty, since it wasn't like she could do much in return. But Rose cared a lot for Vanessa's birthday, firstly because the day also commemorated their anniversary, but also because Rose was just that kind of person - she got too invested in the personal matters of other people. (It humoured Vanessa to note that if you tried to tell Rose this, she deny it furiously. "I do not get 'too invested', I care the typical amount, don't make me out to be some kind of manic obsessive!")
It had been six years since they had first met, five since they officially made up, and one since they got together. On her birthday last year Rose had surprised her with a kiss and Vanessa had dryly quipped "you better not make a habit of this," referring to how the last time Rose had kissed her had been a 'surprise attack', as well. Then, Rose decided to confess her feelings and Vanessa mumbled her way through a confession of sorts herself, and before she knew it, she and Rose were an 'it', or, rather, an 'item'. She had no idea how it happened.
So when it came to her birthday this year, Vanessa already anticipated that Rose had something planned for it. Which she was both grateful for, but also slightly nervous about. She felt like she owed the other. She clearly didn't understand how relationships worked. That was what Rose told her, but then she'd kiss Vanessa's cheek and laugh as Vanessa frowned at her. She loved to do that, and Vanessa disliked it. It felt like teasing. Vanessa had spent the whole day waiting for an ambush - a crowd of people to jump out and yell 'surprise', for example, or, god forbid, Rose to have organised some sort of horrific party, which would have been so embarrassing. Vanessa found that alcohol effected her far too easily as a ghost, and so she tried to steer clear of it as much as she could. Last time she'd drank alcohol she'd wound up in Rose's bed with her other half, with her arms wrapped around the other and refusing very much to let go. Rose had found it adorable, but Vanessa refused to speak of it ever again, and whenever Rose brought it up Vanessa responded by threatening to move back to Hogwarts. The pair lived in Rose's apartment now. Rose could have afforded something bigger if she had wanted to dip into the small fortune her family left her, but she wanted total independence, and had settled for the small apartment they now occupied. Rose, now twenty-two, had a journalist job, writing for the Daily Prophet. Rose admitted to wanting something grander then that, but Vanessa thought that the job was quite impressive. Especially since the Daily Prophet no longer posted total lies. And there was something to do with Rose writing an article on equality for the undead, which Vanessa had found touching.
It was about three o'clock in the afternoon when Rose decided to come home from work - she could usually work from home but occasionally they called her in, and it was unfortunate that they had done so on this particular day, but honestly Vanessa didn't really mind. The other had eagerly rushed to the lounge where Vanessa was trying to draw. Vanessa was fond of this activity, but found holding the pencils difficult. Her sketches looked like petty five year old scribbles in her eyes, but Rose seemed to like them. She kept them all, in a photo album, and loved to comment on how much Vanessa had improved at it over time. But she was not patronising, she was genuinely excited by Vanessa's progress, it seemed to fascinate her in a way.
Rose had eagerly wrapped her arms around Vanessa's thin shoulders and planted a kiss on the others cheek. Vanessa, who had been caught off guard, could only manage to place a hand on Rose's hip before the other pulled away and gushed about how she had bought Vanessa something, to which Vanessa chewed her lip and said "you know I feel bad when you do that..." quietly.
"Yes, yes, you never fail to remind me, but I got it anyway."
Vanessa rolled her eyes. She wouldn't admit to it, but she was excited for her gift. Rose passed the small box into Vanessa's hands. "What is it?" She asked, knowing Rose wouldn't answer but wanting to ask all the same, to show her intrigue. The box was tiny, slightly larger than her fist, and a deep purple coloured velvet covered box. She flicked it open carefully. Inside was a ring, attached to a thin silver chain. For a moment, Vanessa froze.
"You're not... are you?"
"Well, not exactly. Not yet." Rose shrugged, but she was still beaming. "It's a promise ring."
"Is that even a thing?"
"Why do you perpetually try to ruin the mood?"
"You're the one who confessed to being in love with me."
Rose smirked at the other and pressed a kiss to Vanessa's lips. "Yeah, I did." She said, simply. "Now shut up."
She pulled out the ring and chain and went to clasp it around Vanessa's neck. Vanessa wouldn't be able to wear a ring, she'd end up passing through it, and she was impressed Rose had recognised this, and gone for a chain, to make a necklace, instead.
"As I was saying, it's a promise ring. So I promise to stay with you."
"You promise to put up with me, you mean?"
"That too."
Back to top Go down

Cheer Up Chessie! [ROSE/VANS]
Page 1 of 1