Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Hero{Podd}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Because of course PennyxTodd drabbles need their own thread.

Stress Relief

It had been quite a long week for the engaged couple. They'd been working long hours for a while now to pay for the wedding, and it had been taking a toll on them both. Which was why Todd proposed they go to one of the nicer local bars and unwind on their night off, have an evening of relaxing for once. At the last minute, he'd invited Isabelle and Willow, too, knowing that Penelope would love the company of her sisters. He'd have invited Michael too, but his wife-to-be's brother and Alex were on some kind of couple's retreat that he had no intention of interrupting(or hearing any more about, for that matter).

For the first time in a while - she always took a lot of coaxing ever since her years in Hogwarts - Penelope allowed herself to drink, and her sisters were soon to follow. Eventually Willow and Belle started urging her to go up to the karaoke stage, and Todd excused himself with a wide grin to get another round for the group.

As he leaned over the bar, a patron next to him with a scruffy mane of hair pointed to a flustered-looking Penny, who was by now up on the stage with her sisters flanking her, each with a hand on the microphone, and asked, "Who's that?"

Todd didn't take his eyes off his blue-eyed fiance as he answered, voice warm and low due to the alcohol, "The future mother of my children."

Hero

Penelope was going into labor with their second child, and she was the picture of dignity. She waddled out to the car and waited calmly for her husband to join her in it with their 'birth bag' that had all their essentials for this occasion. He ran out in a matter of seconds, birth bag slung over his shoulder as he jumped into the car and put it into drive. "Next stop, a beautiful baby girl!" Todd exclaimed, leaning over to plant a kiss on her forehead before pulling out of the driveway. Toby, now at two years old, was with Penny's father for the night because he was far too young to come with them to the hospital.

Three hours later, and still she wasn't dilated enough to be given an epidural. There were only a few minutes between her contractions, and the pain was excruciating. Penelope, hair slicked to her head with sweat and cheeks bright red, beckoned Todd toward her. He crouched by her bed, taking one of her hands in both of his.

"I-I'm scared," she whispered, voice so soft it was almost as if she didn't want him to hear her. The combination of hormones and pain were forcing the words out of her. She'd been so very fearless throughout the whole process, and he knew how much it hurt her to admit to such a thing now.

Todd's eyes softened and he cupped her face in his hands. "You can do this, Penelope," he murmured, pressing his forehead to hers. "I've seen you do this once before. You have been so strong and I am so proud of you. You are my hero, Book Girl, and I know you can do this."

She nodded tearfully, biting her lip so hard he feared she would break the skin, and soon she was being told to push. What felt like hours later, a new tiny person was brought squalling into the world. Penelope was her hero, too.

They're so terrible and I apologize but weh, there are many more where that came from.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 pm

WHAT DO YOU MEAN TERRIBLE? THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL. I CAN'T STOP SMILING AND OMG. THERE ARE TEARS. TEARS! COMING OUT OF MY EYES. OMG. ;3;
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I AM SO GLAD DEAR. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO DO BUT I HAD TO GET THE EMOTIONS OUT OF ME. DRY UP THOSE TEARS WITH MY HEART WHIcH I HAVE MADE INTO A HANKY OK.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm

sjd lkasjdlaksd WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO GET EMOTIONS OUT. NOW I WANNA WRITE SOME DRABBLES. OMG. /sniffles. OKAY. ;3;
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm

THEN YOU WRITE THOSE DRABBLES. BECAUSE I PROMISE I WILL THEN BE THE EPITOME OF WEEPINESS.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 pm

"The future mother of my children."
Goddamn you. That gets me every time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

but... here are a few of my shitty Podd drabbles. >3>

SEASONS

It had been established so many years ago that winter was by far Penelope and Todd's favorite season. They loved the first snow fall, the cozy warm nights speant curled up by the fire, warm butterbeers to melt all their troubles away, but most of all they loved the Christmas specials. Both having grown up in a muggle or partial muggle family, they watched those stop animations that would never be forgotten. Still today, many, many years later, they would sit their children down in front of the television and watch a marathon, all curled up on the couch of theirs until they all fell asleep.

FIRST KISS

Toby Cross wasn't much of one to interact with people. He preferred to be alone and never felt quite right when other people talked to him. Sure, once he opened up he could be an easy and laid back kind of person... that still didn't change the initial getting to know you part.

Because of this, he found it extremely arduous when, at thirteen years old, he developed a crush on a Gryffindor girl named Zoe. Zoe was a feiry young girl with dark black hair and chocolate brown eyes. She was always present with a smile on her face and did whatever she could to get others to laugh. He was so captivated by her, but too nervous and shy to even fathom talking to her. Plus, she was year older. That meant five years in girl time.

One day, crazy old Professor Smith sent them on an errand. Why, Toby would never know for sure because the mission was never accomplished, but maybe that was the Professor's purpose.

It was nearing Christmas, so a few teachers and students had charmed mistletoe to hang in some of the doorways. At one point, the two stopped and Zoe glanced upwards, a smile present on her face. "Toby, have you ever been caught under the mistletoe?" She questioned him, humor in her dark brown eyes.

"N-no..." he pursed his lips, confused by why she was asking. He glanced up to where she had looked to see that there was in fact mistletoe hanging about him... but that meant... didn't it... Toby looked back at Gryffindor, but before he had time to act she pressed her lips to his in a short, sweet kiss. Toby was still in shock when she pulled away and scampered down the corridor.

"Your first kiss!" His mother had exclaimed when he told her, a huge smile plastered on to her face. Her baby boy was growing up so fast.

[not Podd, but a Podd child. So it counts. Yes.]

AFTERLIFE

Penelope looked down at her youngest daughter's hand pressed firmly against hers. Penny had small hands, but they were nothing compared to the five year old's. They were small and soft, not a care in the world on them. "Mummy," her voice was quiet, as it always tended to be. Penelope raised her blue eyes to fix upon her daughter's identical ones.

"Yes, pumpkin?" She questioned, folding her hand over Emma's softly. With her free hand, she reached out and brushed a stand of Emma's red hair out of her eyes. She'd have to make sure to braid it tomorrow night, like she promised to do so. Emma liked to wake up with wavy hair.

"Do you have a Mummy?" She asked, blinking innocently. Penny smiled softly and nodded.

"Yes, I do," Penny told her, leaning in a bit. Emma's eyes got a little wider and she sat up slightly in her bed.

"Where is she?" Emma questioned. Penny had to think about how she'd word it. It would be a hard concept for a five year old to grasp. Arabella Baudelaire had died when Penny was still a child from pneumonia.

"My Mummy, your grandmother, stays at a very lovely place... there are lots of flowers to pick and smell... and there are butterflies all over the place, flittering from each flower to get their breakfast," Penny told her daughter. Emma's lips parted as she listened intently.

"Can we visit your mummy?" She asked, already quite liking the idea of the place where she "lived." Penelope's smile softened, and she looked down, flattening Emma's comforter in thought.

"No, sweetie, we can't," she told her softly, resting her hands in her lap. Emma's little eyebrows furrowed together and her lower lip jutted out.

"Why not?" She questioned innocently. The innocence of a child was something to behold. Penny reached out and ran her hand over her beautiful red hair, something she had gotten from her father.

"Because it's a special place where only angels can go, but she's looking over you right now and she loves you very, very much," Penny told her with a smile. Emma smiled at the thought.

"What about Daddy? Does Daddy have a Mummy?" Penelope nodded, not seeing the point in describing that everyone had a Mummy; it would only confuse her, especially because she knew that her cousins had two Daddies. "Where's she?"

"She's in the same place, darling. They're both up there, watching over us. Now, it's time for sleep. You've got an early day tomorrow... you're going over to Poppy Baudelaire's house and you guys are going to go looking for all those pretty bugs." Penelope stood up from the bed, tucking her youngest daughter in. She leaned down and pressed her lips to her daughter's forehead before turning off the light - Emma had a butterfly nightlight that always stayed on, for she was afraid of the dark.

As she exited the room, she stopped to see Todd, leaning against the wall next to the door. She raised one of her eyebrows and pursed her lips. "How long have you been standing there, Mister Cross?" She questioned. He raised his head and looked at her, a small smile forming across his face. A look of concern crossed her face as she saw his brown eyes water slightly. "What's wron-"

Todd moved forward and cupped her face in his hands. He pressed his lips gently upon hers and Penny's eyes widened a bit before she kissed him back. "What's that for?" Penelope questioned softly against his lips as she pulled away and looked up at him.

"I love you so much," he told her, brushing her hair out of her face. He gulped slightly and smiled once more. "And I am so glad you are here for our children." Penny's blue eyes began to water themselves and she leaned in to give him a peck before embracing him, burying her head into the crook of his neck. Yes, she was very glad for that too.

QUARREL

"You know, Todd, I would really appreciate it if you didn't undermine my authority," Penelope let out exasperately. She ran her fingers through her hair as she excited the kitchen and made her way into the living room of their home of thirteen years. She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to calm herself down. They didn't fight often, which was probably rare amongst married couples, but that didn't meant they didn't quarrel from time to time.

"I really don't see the problem, Penelope. She came to me and asked if she could stay the night at your sister's house," Todd told her, following her into the living room. Penelope let out a sigh.

"Yes, Todd, but I had already told her no. You didn't even come to ask me before giving her the go ahead," Penelope told him, turning around and crossing her arms over her chest. "This is a two person job, we need to communicate!"

"Well, you said no without even talking to me. How is that communicating?" Penny's lips formed a thin line and she let out a bitter snort, shaking her head.

"She's grounded, Todd, or did you forget that? She's fourteen and she took your car for a joyride. Unless that's just a male thing, forgetting, because it seems very convenient," Penlope told him. Todd scoffed.

"Oh, don't even go there. You always bring that up. I'm sorry, I worked a twelve hour shift today and was tired... she asked I said yes. It's your sister's house; I didn't see the harm!" Penelope laughed and shook her head once more.

"And I didn't work today? Sure, I had an eight hour work day... then I picked up the kids from my father's house and Toby from his friend's house. I did the laundry, cleaned the house, and all of that. Don't tell me about tired, Todd, I'm exhausted! That doesn't mean you can just let Lydia do that." Penelope turned and stormed up the stairs to their bedroom. She just wanted to lay down and go to sleep; she had a small headache forming and she knew it wasn't going to go away anytime soon.

"Penny, that's not what I meant!" Todd called after her. She waved her hand over her shoulder. She was done talking about this for now. Sleep was all she wanted. "Come one, Penny!" She just kept walking up the stairs until she reached the landing. She hadn't heard him running up the stairs behind her, so when she was suddenly turned around, she felt very flustered and confused.

Todd pressed his lips against hers, holding her tightly to him. "I'm sorry, B.G. I didn't mean it," he whispered against her lips, the small vibrations causing her to shiver slightly.

"That doesn't mean you're off the hook," she mumbled back, still slightly angry. "I just want you to talk to me before making those decisions... a marriage and parenting are between two people... they need to communicate."

"I know... I know..." Todd kissed her between sayings. "I'm sorry. I'll try better next time. I promise." Penelope sighed, resting her forehead against his and looking into his deep brown eyes. "Come on, why don't you go lay down. I'll make dinner and you just rest." Todd led her slowly into the bedroom. They didn't fight often, and even when they did, they made up in record time.
Back to top Go down
Waycca Louise

Waycca Louise

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 pm

ALIX
ALIX I HAVE THJS BIG GOOFY SMILE ON MY FACE AND AWWW
THEIR DOMESTIC LIVES ARE MY FAVORITE THING EVER

The Quarrel one was my favorite because, in the drabble I lost, I put that their fights were resolved quickly and

So much sweetness I can't.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 am

OMG
I KNOW RIGHT?
IT REALLY IS THE BEST THING EVER

Bahahaha. We must have picked similar words or something because I looked at the list of words I wrote down and Hero was one of them as well. xD But yes, they would never fight for too long; I just couldn't imagine it. <3<3
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 pm

I WAS WORKING ON THE MEP PART AND WAS OVERWHELMED WITH PODD FEELS, OK?
I CAN'T
HELP
MYSELF

The Gift

Three months into their engagement, and they had received their first wedding gift from some confused relative who had mixed up the date and sent the present early. Todd had fetched the mail earlier that day and it was sitting on the table, ready to inspect whenever they got the time.

Penny was on her break and had decided to come home for lunch, and she could hear her fiance banging around in the kitchen as he tried to prepare a decent meal. "I really just want a grilled cheese, you know. Nothing fancy," she called to him, a small smirk in place. He tried to cook for her any time he could, but he wasn't particularly good at it. "Really, Todd, just let me do it, okay?" She listened for a response, but the clanging had stopped and she began to feel curious.

The longer the silence lasted, the more Penelope wanted to know what he was doing. She got to her feet, careful not to trip over the thick rug that always got in the way but they never found the heart to throw out. She rounded the corner and found him standing by the counter, reading the small card that was attached to their early gift's ribbon. Todd looked up at her with a huge grin and beckoned her over, an arm going instinctively around her waist when she was near enough.

"What's got you so giddy?" Penny queried, peering down at the card and finding nothing of real significance there. The sender barely knew the couple, and the words seemed insincere and lacking any emotion.

Todd pointed to the line where their names had been hastily, sloppily written in. "Look, look, it says 'Penelope Cross'," he said, eyes bursting with happiness. She raised her eyebrows at him, a small smile creeping into place. "That it does."

He shook his head and shrugged sheepishly. "That's...uh, the first time I've seen it in writing." He was still smiling as he leaned over to give her a lingering kiss before preparing her grilled cheese.

IDEK, MAN, IT'S SUPER WEIRD AND RANDOM BUT FDAFLKHSF.
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 am

PART ONE - THE WEDDING
[when I have time, I'm totally going to be writing the reception and all of that. because it'll be adorable and you know it! so, uhm, yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY! I was going to try and do a Waycca and Dean fic... but... I'm a much better Podd writer... and... it's their wedding. come on now... come on... Hum, I guess none of this is hypothetical any more. ;3 Hope you enjoy it and hope you have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY~!]

December 6th, 2015

Snow is always a magical thing. This snow, however, was truly a product of magic. Inside the white church it was, believe it or not, snowing. A white wonderland that neither brought chill nor unwanted moisture. A small layer was present around the pews and unoccupied areas. It did not build from there, and kept at a light frosting upon the floor. A snowman stood in the back next to the tall oak doors. It had pebble eyes and a pebble nose with pebble buttons down its front. A smile was drawn upon its face and a beanie adorned its head. Most guests looked at it in amusement, not knowing the significance of him, before moving on to marvel at the snow. Some of them had never seen magic before, and they thought it to be fantastical.

The guests slowly began to take their places, choosing the sides that they belonged to - Bride's or Groom's. They were calm, amazed, and even slightly giddy. The members of the wedding party? They were moving around frantically in hopes of getting everything perfect. Every lock of hair had to be placed right, every bowtie straight, and most importantly, the Bride had to have those five important items...

"Something old..." a low, male's voice spoke. A smile spread across the forty-six year old Winslow Baudelaire's face, the father of the Bride. He looked at his daughter, donned in a beautiful white wedding gown. He couldn't believe she was getting married, but was nonetheless happy for her. It was a sad moment, though, knowing that this was his third child to do so. Willow Baudelaire was now known as Willow Hugo, having married Victor Hugo only a few years prior. Michael Baudelaire was now known as Michael Baudelaire-Atchley. He had joined with Alex Baudelaire-Atchley just a year earlier.

Now, looking upon his happy blue-eyed daughter, he reached out and grabbed her small hands in his large ones. Penelope Baudelaire looked down, her eyes widening as she realized there was now something rather cold placed in her palms. She glanced up at her father before looking back down and finding a golden chain with a golden wedding band attached to it. Her delicately plucked eyebrows furrowed slightly. It couldn't be, could it? "Your mother's wedding band," Winslow finally told her. It seemed like the perfect gift on a day such as this. He would have given it to Willow at her wedding, but it just hadn't felt right. With Penny, it seemed perfect.

"I-I..." Penny struggled to find words as she lightly bit her lip, trying not to mess with her lipstick. She glanced back up at her father and tried desperately not to cry. Her sisters would kill her if her mascara were to run. "Thank you so much, Daddy." She leaned forward and embraced her father before he moved to place it around her neck. Pen gently touched the ring and it felt so vibrant and full of life, as if her mother was there with her.

"Now, time for something new," Isabelle, Penelope's younger sister, came forward. She was shaking from giddiness and a large grin was plastered across her face. Penelope and Isabelle had gotten along so splendidly. Whenever Penny wasn't hanging out with Michael, she was hanging out with Isabelle. Penny had often acted as her mother, as well, and for that, they were very close. Isabelle, still smiling like the Cheshire Cat, handed Penelope a small box.

Penelope looked down, getting a little bit excited herself. What in the world could her sister have gotten her? She opened the black box to find a beautiful charm bracelet inside. She lifted it out and inspected each charm, knowing almost instantly what they all meant. She looked back up at Isabelle and hardly was able to do anything as she was embraced in a tight, but not tight enough to wrinkle her dress, hug.

"Okay, Izzy, now time for something borrowed," Willow, Penelope's elder sister of five years, came forward. Willow and Penelope had an interesting relationship. Sometimes they got along and sometimes they didn't. Once, when Penny was younger, Willow had cut off all of her hair because it was longer than hers. Sometimes, Willow would tease her and never wanted to hang out with her. She was her nerdy, book-loving little sister... Willow was a social flower. They had their differences, but, in the end, they were sisters and they loved each other. Now, Willow looked looked down at her younger sister with the smallest trace of a smile upon her face. She reached forward and pinned a beautiful diamond Angel onto her dress. Penelope's eyes widened at the beauty of it. "In memory of mother... Victor bought this for me for our first anniversary, so I expect it back." She gave her sister a somewhat cheeky grin.

"Of course," Penelope smiled, letting out a small laugh as she did so. Now, she had to wait for the surprise of the something blue. She was curious as to what it could be. Another bracelet? Necklace? Ring even? No, what it was drew a blush to her face and ears, as just about everything did anyway.

"Here is your something blue," Isabelle's pink tongue peeked out between her teeth as she pulled out a lacey blue garter. Penelope's blue eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. Oh gosh, really? Did they have to? She did suppose it was tradition... as at the reception... the groom... was supposed to... toss the bride's garter... to the single men of the group.

"Isabelle! Really?" Penny admonished lightly, trying not to think of the fact that her father was in the room. Winslow, however, simply chuckled at his easily embarrassed daughter. They were very similar, but over time Winslow had learned to control the reddening of his ears and the stutter that plagued him as a youth.

"Hush now, Pen, let's put it on!" Isabelle exclaimed, basically lunging forward to attack her older sibling. Already having the sixpence in her shoe, Penelope now had all of the items she needed for good luck.

Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.

"Are you ready?" Jim chuckled at his best friend, who was still examining himself in the mirror. Todd's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his appearance. He tried to fix his red hair so that it didn't quite look like a mess and had to make sure that his tuxedo was as straight as it possibly could be.

"Does my bowtie look crooked?" Todd questioned, frowning slightly as he moved to fix it. He glanced to see his friend's reflection in the mirror, noticing that Jim was having a hard time containing his laughter. A small smile formed on the Groom's face. "What?" He questioned in a lighthearted tone.

"Nothing, man, it looks fine," Jim told him, moving forward to rest his hand upon his shoulder. "You look great. Probably not as pretty as the bride, but pretty enough." He teased. Todd chuckled, giving Jim a light push. He was very glad he had chosen Jim as his best man. It seemed like the absolute perfect choice. He had made sure that Todd hadn't drank too much last night so that he wouldn't have a hangover this morning. He made sure that everything was perfect; though, of course, he did have a little help from his girlfriend, Evaine, but there was no harm in that.

Todd took in a deep breath and exhaled. It hadn't really hit him until now. Sure, he and Penelope had been engaged for a while now, but now... now they were getting married. They were going to be husband and wife. She was going to be Penelope Cross... which was a shame, because Baudelaire was much prettier than Cross; however, Penelope wouldn't hear of him changing his last name instead. No, she seemed to be quite taken with Cross. "I'm getting married..." Todd finally said out loud.

Jim looked in the mirror, catching his friend's eye. He smiled and nodded. "You're getting married." A wide grin formed across Todd's face. He never felt more sure of anything else in his life than this.

"Oh, for the love of Merlin, you may be a Bridesmaid, but you're still a man. Get your ass in here," another voice interrupted the moment. Michael Baudelaire-Atchley bounded into the room that the men had used as a changing room. He was dragging his husband in by his arm. Alex Baudelaire-Atchley clearly did not look amused. His blonde hair was slicked back and he looked rather regal standing next to the handsome, but still somewhat boyish Michael, who's brown hair was as flat as it would ever get.

"Why exactly am I a bridesmaid again?" Alex murmured as he was drug through the door. Michael grinned back at him.

"So you can walk me down the aisle, duh. Plus, we all know I'm the man of the relationship," Michael winked, only getting another unamused look. Alex shook free of his husband and moved over to Todd and Jim, smiling. He ignored Michael as best he could - as that was what most people did anyway.

"Hello boys," he nodded. "Ready to tie the knot, Todd?" Alex asked. He hadn't spent much time with his sister-in-law's boyfriend, soon-to-be husband, but he knew him well enough. Todd seemed good for Penelope, even if Michael had had his doubts toward the beginning of their relationship. Alex had often told him that Penny was a big girl and knew what she was getting into... and that Todd really did seem to love her. He made her happy and really, that was all that mattered.

Todd let out a small chuckle and rubbed his neck before nodding. "Yes, I've never been more ready." Michael, whose arm was now slung over his husband, looked at his soon-to-be brother-in-law. A small smirk formed on his face.

"Good, that's the kind of talk I wanna hear," he teased a bit. He looked over his shoulder as there was some more rukus and soon there were four men pouring through the door. He glanced at Alex and then at Jim. "Looks as if the Cross boys are here. Shall we make our exits?" He questioned before trying to make it safely through the crowd of men and out the door. Alex and Jim followed behind. Michael would head off to see his sister once more before she walked down the aisle and Alex would follow, as he was to go on the Bridesmaids side of the church... because Michael had asked him to... and because Alex was a sucker for those big blue eyes of his. Jim would find Evaine and talk to her for a little bit before joining Todd at the alter.

"Todd!" Joss, Todd's eldest brother, exclaimed and made his way over to him. He desperately wanted to tousle his hair, but alas it was his wedding day and he didn't want to be the one who ruined his brother's hair... the wedding portraits would be thrown off completely. Still, however, gave him a light punch in the shoulder. "Look at you. Youngest of us all... getting married."

Todd laughed, moving back slightly at the punch. "That I am," he nodded. Malcolm made his way over to his younger brother. He reached up, chuckling, and flicked him in the nose. Todd frowned for a moment, holding his nose defensively before shaking his head and letting out a small laugh.

“Never thought I’d see the day. Can’t believe there is someone who is willing to put up with you,” Malcolm teased, causing Joss and Augustus to erupt into laughter and Everett to smile in amusement.

“Yes, well, I think Penelope can put up with just about anyone, look at that brother of hers,” Joss laughed. Oh Michael, he was an acquired taste, that was for sure. “Still though, how you managed to catch her, I’ll never know.”

“Don’t quite know myself,” Todd chuckled, rubbing his neck once more. Everett, the quietest of the Cross brothers, moved forward and put his hand on Todd’s shoulder rather reassuringly.

“You did well,” he smiled. Penelope had initially been worried about meeting Todd’s family. She hadn’t thought they would like her or something along those lines. She was always worrying about simple things like that, but it turned out that they were pulled in by her sweet, shy charm as most everyone was. It seemed to be impossible to hate dear Penny.

Augustus then gave the others a look that told them to leave. The said their congratulations and left to get themselves in the right places, as they were all groomsmen. Augustus threw his arm over Todd’s shoulder as they walked towards the door. “Now, we’re all quite amazed with the way you managed to woo darling Penelope, but that’s simply besides the point. You be good to her... she’s... you’re never going to find another girl like her.” Todd couldn’t help but smile slightly. He knew all of this.

“Of course, Aug, but shouldn’t you be leaving this kind of talk for, I don’t know, the brother of the bride?” Todd questioned, raising one of his eyebrows. It took everything in Augustus to not mess up his brother’s hair.

“Shut up, we’re good as siblings by now, don’t you think? Plus, I have a feeling Michael’s speech would be... a little more threatening, yeah?” Augustus chuckled. He was very protective of his family, much like Michael was, and Penelope was family now... so naturally he felt protective of her as well.

“Yeah...” Todd shivered, not wanting to have that talk with Michael... again. The sex talk Michael had decided to give him was embarrassing enough... mainly because Todd’s older than him... and he didn’t want to talk about those things... not with Penelope’s twin brother... or anyone else for that matter. That was private!

“Okay, now, go find Jim and get to the alter... and remember, treat her right!” Augustus told him, pushing him toward the front of the church. Todd chuckled and walked forward before glancing back as Augustus yelled out once more. “And congratulations Toddy boy, we’re all so very proud!”

Music played lightly as the Wedding Progression began. Todd stood at the altar with Jim next to him, doing his duty as best man. Starting the progression was the bridesmaids and groomsmen. The first of the group to come down were Evaine Moonblood and Everett Cross. Evaine couldn't help but look at her boyfriend down at the altar and couldn't wait until it was her day to walk down to him in the beautiful white dress. It would be magnificent, but now was not the time for that and she hid her smirk as best she could before she and Everett split and stood on opposite sides of the aisle.

Next to come down the aisle was Willow Hugo and Joss Cross. Willow walked with grace and beauty, her blonde hair in loose curls and her perfectly manicured hands wrapped gently around the small bouquet that she carried. Joss was trying desperately to bite back the huge grin that begged to be present on his face. It would only make him look ridiculous, but he couldn't help but feel so giddy that his youngest brother was getting married.

Alex Baudelaire-Atchley and Michael Baudelaire-Atchley, both donned in handsome black suits - though Alex's had a flower pinned to it, so that he didn't have to carry a bouquet - were next to walk down the aisle. There were a few whispers at the somewhat odd nature of it, but the two hardly cared as they made their way down. Michael was happy for many reasons and that couldn't help but rub off onto his husband.

Lucy Abney and Malcolm Cross were the next two to proceed down the snowy path. Lucy was a friend of Penelope's from work. They had grown close in the past year or so, obviously close enough to be asked to be a bridesmaid in Penelope's wedding. Lucy couldn't help but glance at the only slightly older man next to her. He was quite cute and couldn't help but thinking maybe this would be a good night, for more than Penelope and Todd. Malcolm himself couldn’t help but think something similar. Oh, he’d have to thank his brother and sister-in-law on such a decision as this.

Alice Reeves and Augustus Cross made their way down the aisle. Much like Lucy, Alice was a very good friend of Penelope's. She was the first person she made friends with outside of Hogwarts and was almost like another sister to her. She was beautiful, too, but very modest in her personality. She was so happy for her friend and loved Todd like a brother. These two, she knew, were going to be together forever.

With all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen having come down the aisle, the next to come was the ringbearer. Four year old Oscar Cross, son to Joss Cross, slowly made his way down the aisle. Once he saw his father at the end, his pace picked up a little bit and he tried desperately not to wander off course or drop the rings. He was told to that if he was good and did a good job, he'd get the biggest piece of wedding cake ever! And some bubbles, bubbles were always a deal sealer. The guests tried not to laugh too much as he broke out into a run to get to his father.

Once he made it down to his father, the flower girl was next. Victoria Hugo was two years old and therefore had trouble walking down the aisle by herself. So, little Tori in her beautiful lavender dress was carried by her father, Victor Hugo. He held the basket full of flower petals and Tori reached in and attempted to throw them to the ground, but she kept getting distracted by the snow that was falling.

The maid of honor was the last to come down the aisle before the bride. Isabelle Baudelaire, one of the closest people to Penelope, made her way down the aisle by herself. She grinned widely, holding her bouquet tightly in her hands and trying to keep her pace reasonable. Still, though, she was so giddy it was hard to contain as she took her place on the brides side of the aisle.

The music now changed, the wedding march playing. All the heads turned to look at the tall oak doors. There stood small Penelope Baudelaire, adorned in her sliming white and lavender wedding dress. Her veil was placed over her face, so it was very hard for the guests to see the immensely large grin that had come across it. Butterflies were floating about in her stomach and her heart was fluttering to the pace of a hummingbird's wings. Standing next to her, arms looped together, was Winslow Baudelaire. His brown hair was slowly graying, most prominent on the sides, and his face not as scraggly as he tended to have it; he had shaved for his daughter's wedding, of course.

The two slowly made their way down the aisle. Everyone watching Penelope, but Penelope's eyes were fastened on Todd. Her heart leapt just looking at him. The smile on his face seemed to mimic her own. This moment... she would remember it forever, no matter what happened, she refused to ever forget. To never forget the beauty... the love... the joy... everything.

As they reached the end, Winslow gave his daughter a kiss on the hand before letting her stand up next to Todd. Although Todd could not see her face, she smiled at him and he smiled back. The two turned to look at the priest as he called their attention. "Dearly Beloved, we are gather here today in presence of these witnesses to join Penelope Baudelaire and Todd Cross in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisdely or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, and solemly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." There was a moment of silence and when no one spoke out, the wedding continued. "Who gives this woman to be wedded to this man?"

"I do," Winslow spoke up, bowing his head. He smiled, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall down his face. His little Penelope... she was getting married. Penelope glanced back at her father, her own tears welling up in her eyes... every time he had that look she couldn't help but mimic it. She loved him dearly and was so grateful for him.

"Please face each other and take each other's hands, so that you may see the gift that they are to you," the Priest spoke once more. Penelope and Todd turned to each other, taking each other's hands - Isabelle having since taken Penelope's bouquet as was tradition. "These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

"These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief temporarily comes to you. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

"These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children, the hands that will join your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it, support and encouragement to pursue your dreams, and comfort through difficult times.

"And lastly," the priest told them, "these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch." The priest smiled at the young couple before him. He married many people, but these two he may remember for years to come. Still so young, yet so in love and so very... magical. "Marriage is perhaps the greatest and most challenging adventure of human relationships. No ceremony can create your marriage; only you can do that - through love and patience; through dedication and perseverance; through talking and listening, helping and supporting and believing in each other; through tenderness and laughter; through learning to forgive, learning to appreciate your differences, and by learning to make the important things matter, and to let go of the rest. What this ceremony can do is to witness and affirm the choice you make to stand together as lifemates and partners."

Now it was times for one of the most important moments. The vows. Penelope and Todd had decided to personalize their vows and both were excited to see what the other had to say. Penelope, so she would be able to look at her husband-to-be in the eyes, pulled her veil back. It had gone smoothly, thank goodness, and she couldn't help but grin widely up at Todd, who matched it immediately. Penelope took in a deep breath, she was to go first. She bit the inside of her cheek, letting the rest of the people in the church just vanish. It made her less nervous that way. She stared solely into Todd's brown eyes and nothing else mattered.

"I, Penelope Baudelaire, vow to love you with all my heart, forever and always. I vow to never forget your love or your kindness... or your big brown eyes. I vow to never let our differences come between us, even if you are a villain and I am hero and sometimes our anger may get the best of us, but I vow to always make it up to you with sweet kisses and tender embraces. I vow to never make you cry in public... and I vow that you will be the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing I think about at night. I take you, Todd Cross, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

"I, Todd Cross, vow to love you more than I love the snow. I vow to never let anything come between us, even in our differences of good and evil. I vow to make sure that your loyal subjects will only ever see the good side of you. I vow to always laugh in the face of danger and to always make sure that you are safe. I vow to never let you out of my sight when making a potion and to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to hold you tightly and give you comforting kisses through all of your nightmares; I vow that you will also be the first thing that I think of in the morning and the very last thing I think of at night. I take you, Penelope Baudelaire, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

The two beamed at each other as "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" softly began to play in the background. It was one of the most perfect songs for the couple. For one, their shared love of the Lion King had been one of their first bonding moments in Ancient Runes... as Todd slowly made it one of her favorite classes. Looking up at him, Penelope knew she would always be happy and that he always brought the best of her out. Her heart swelled with so much love that she almost feared it would burst.

Elton John's voice continued to sing throughout the church, some of the guests chuckling at the song choice, but Todd didn't care about that. He was so solely focused on Penelope. No one else seemed to matter at this moment in time. It was just them. Just the two of them... nothing could touch them... nothing could hurt them. Him and her... forever and always.

"It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best..." the music slowly faded away and the priest brought attention to them once more. "May we please have the rings?" He questioned. Jim moved forward, having taken the one of the rings from young Oscar, and now gave it to his best friend. Todd took the ring, giving Jim and thankful nod before looking at Penelope.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day." Todd smiled, slowly slipping the ring onto her finger.

"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart," Penelope told him. She then turned to her younger sister, taking the ring from her, and turning back to Todd. "I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my husband this day and forevermore." She slipped the golden ring onto his hand, grinning up at him lovingly.

"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart." Their rings were not just normal wedding bands. As most couples did, they got them engraved, but not with their vows or their names. Simply just "Book Girl and Sir Schmucksalot." It was meaningful to them and that was what they were going for. Years later, their children would probably question them, but surely they would be told of many stories of the Superhero/model/queen named Book Girl and her arch nemesis, Sir Schmucksalot.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Penelope bit her lip, smiling slightly before leaning up as Todd leaned down to her. Their lips touched gently and, like every other time they kissed, both minds went completely blank. Their kisses were their kryptonite; their weakness. However, neither minded as it was the best weakness to ever have. Reluctantly, they broke apart - they'd have more time for kissing later - and the priest introduced them. "I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Cross." The two beamed ever so happily as the crowd rose and clapped. Tears were in the eyes of some, hearts all brimming with the immense love that could be felt from the newly wedded couple.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm

ALIX
TEARS AND JOY AND
THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A GRAND BIRTHDAY
AUGHGGG I AM CRIPPLED BY IT ALL
AND THE SNOWMAN
AND THE HERO/VILLIAN BANTER
Just so perfect and
My Hero{Podd} Tumblr_mabbwoAAC91r2oiz4
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

YAY! I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU LIKE IT!
SO GLAD! I STAYED UP LATE BECAUSE ONCE I STARTED IT LAST NIGHT I JUST COULDN'T STOP!
I DID SO MUCH RESEARCH ON WEDDINGS
IF ANYONE LOOKS AT MY HISTORY
THEY MAY START TO WORRY
BAHAHAHA.
OF COURSE I HAD TO HAVE FROSTY JR! HE'S THEIR FIRST CHILD!
AND WHAT KIND OF WEDDING WOULD IT BE WITHOUT HERO/VILLAIN BANTER?!
NOT A VERY GOOD ONE!

ALSKD JAl:sfhja :3 I'm so very glad that you like it.
I can't wait to start the reception. It's gonna be all cutesy and feature many, many characters. <3

My Hero{Podd} Tumblr_maviv9GWHd1r5jtugo1_500
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

You even included the thing about him wanting to have her name because it was prettier and ALIIIIIX.
So excited to read the reception, and damn gurl that wedding lingo was impressive.
Off to write domestic drabbles now because you have inspired me~
Back to top Go down
Penelope Baudelaire

Penelope Baudelaire

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm

OF COURSE BABY~ I had to put that in there. Very Happy
Omg. It's gonna be awesome. I have to write a best man speech and... and think of playlists... and the father daughter dance... and I wanna add Kurt in there too... and the gater throw... and the bouquet (I already know who's gonna catch it ;D)... and... and beautiful guests that I won't reveal until then... and alsdk jals'd yes. Omg. It's all in my head, I just need to write it down on paper.
RESEARCH IS MY FRIENDS when it's not school related. xD

GO HENCEFORTH AND CREATE BEAUTIFUL DRABBLES! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Hero{Podd} Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hero{Podd}   My Hero{Podd} Empty

Back to top Go down

My Hero{Podd}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: