Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

People Watching} OPEN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
John Smith

John Smith

People Watching} OPEN Empty
PostSubject: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am

[while John is one of my favorite characters, he is one of the harder ones to get into character for me. So, don't be surprised if my posts lag from time to time. <3 John takes work to perfect~ xoxo]

The Three Broomsticks was rather crowded today as John made his way through the crowd. He took had grabbed himself a cold butterbeer, despite it being cold outside, from the bar before making his way to an empty booth in the back. He enjoyed being in the back of places like this, being able to watch the odd interactions that people put themselves into. It was one of his favorite pastimes.

John sat down, placing his foot on one knee as he took a long swig from the butterbeer bottle. He liked it cold more than he did warm, hence why on a snowy day he was drinking it as such. He was quite odd, though, so it wasn't as it it were unexpecting of him to do.

He put the bottle down for a moment, taking off his Hufflepuff scarf and shrugging out of his tweed jacket. He ran his hand through his hair, keeping it just as out of control as it always was. He shook his head, making sure all sorts of water that had collected from the snow was out. He picked up the bottle and took another sip.

John curiously watched the crowd. Observing men trying to hit on women, groups of women giggling over men, and all the sorts. He never quite understood these and he couldn't help but let out a small chuckle as a man got a butterbeer thrown into his face.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 am

Miranda slipped tiredly into the three broomsticks, wrapped in a warm cloak. It had been a long few days. For once, she felt she needed to be around people. When she was alone, even if she was with her animals, she found herself lost amongst painful memories. Her normally cheerful face, was drawn and pale. She ordered a warm butterbeer and turned to face the rest of the room, her blonde hair dancing lazily against her shoulders. She watched the patrons laughing merrily with one another and couldn't help but smile slightly. This was why she needed to get off the grounds, to get out of her head. There were still beautiful things left in this world.

A drunk patron staggered toward her and placed a heavy hand on her shoulder. She flinched and jerked away.
"Ello there, prettylady," he slurred."'ows abouts you and I's finds somewhere," he inhaled deeply. "quiet for a bit eh?"
Her patience and temper already on edge from the past few days, she grabbed her butterbeer and threw its contents in the man's face. Still slightly furious, she turned and stormed off towards the back of the room.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

When the woman he had previously threw a butterbeer into the man's face came back towards the back of the room, John could barely hide his amusement at her. He had his cold butterbeer poised at his lips, taking a small swig before placing it dowwn on the table before him.

John looked up curiously at the blonde woman, having seen her around Hogwarts. Actually, he was pretty sure he might have talked to her at one time... maybe at a party, he didn't remember... he didn't even remember her name, but that wasn't completely unlike him. He occasionally had that problem. John cleared his throat, leaning forward a bit so that his forearms were resting on the edge of the table. "So," he finally spoke up, raising an amused eyebrow - though he didn't really have much eyebrow to raise, to be honest. It was an odd feature, but something he had gotten used to within his first ten years of living. "Do you often throw drinks at men's faces?" A small smirk curved onto his face. "Because if so, I think I should watch out. I can only imagine that it is an unpleasant experience."
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Miranda turned at the sound of a voice and noticed a fellow teacher sitting at the nearby booth. She blushed deeply. It wasn't exactly like her to throw drinks in people's faces.

"No, I don't," she said in her soft voice. "It's just been a long few days. I suppose I lost my temper." She looked sheepishly back at the bar. "So long as you don't plan on hitting on me, I think we'll be just fine." she laughed. "I do feel bad though..." She wrapped her cloak tighter around her subconsciously. The past few days were bringing out aspects of her personality rarely seen. First, exploding in the Hospital Wing, and now throwing the drink in a man's face. Great...

"It's John, right? Transfiguration professor?" she asked gently. "I believe we met at the start of the school year.----Mind if I join you? I kind of want to hide from the rest of the patrons right now..."

Indeed, half of the guests were watching her with bemused expressions, making the heat rush to her face even faster.
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:05 pm

John smirked a little more, taking another sip of his butterbeer, letting the cold liquid run down his throat satisfyingly. “Ah, I see,” he raised his head just a bit as he spoke. He knew about a long few days; his last couple of days had been long for him as well. John let out a low chuckle. “Don’t worry, I won’t.” He didn’t mean it to sound rude, though it had just a little bit without his knowledge. He was already previously... engaged, not in the literal term... just... sort of already in a complicated relationship. He had no intentions on hitting on the blonde professor near him.

“Don’t, I’m sure he deserved it,” John grinned. He perked up a bit. She knew his name? Too bad he didn’t remember hers... or what she was the professor of. This really was a problem. He needs to really get a hang on these and figure out who was who. “Yes, that’s me,” he nodded. Oh, they had met at the beginning of the school year. At least he had been right in thinking they had met at least once.

John gestured to the seat across from. him. “It’s all yours,” he told her in a chuckling tone.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Melgrove

Miranda Melgrove

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 am

“Don’t worry, I won’t.”
Miranda laughed lightly. "Oh thanks," she teased. "Just what every girl wants to hear!" She paused and said lightly, "We're too old for such games anyways, aren't we?"

She tucked her cloak behind her and slipped gracefully into the seat across from him. She twisted her hands in her lap, still shocked at her own behavior. It was quite unlike her.

"So," she began awkwardly. "How has your year begun, John? Made any New Years Resolutions?"
Back to top Go down
John Smith

John Smith

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am

John blinked for a moment. Oh my, had it really sounded that cruel? He put his hand to his head and shook his head. "Oh, I didn't mean it like that," he chuckled softly, but was definitely glad that she hadn't taken it seriously. "I mean... you're pretty... I guess... haha, just not..." Oh, he really was rambling now. Perhaps he should just shut his mouth now. He probably should have never opened it to begin with. "Yes, I quite think we may be too old for such games... plus, I'm... in a sort of relationship as it is." He said somewhat offhandedly. He didn't want to be too public about it, but it was the truth nonetheless.

"Oh, it's been very good, I suppose..." He trailed off for a moment. Classes hadn't been too terribly bad and a friend from his youth, Ed, had come back to teach, so that was quite nice. Peter seemed happy and Molly... was for the most part, though perhaps he should sit down and have a talk with her; she might need it. Aside from getting attacked, though, his year hadn't gone too terribly bad yet. He pursed his lips for a moment, wondering if she had been caught up in all this mess... he still had a prob elm recalling her name, but it seemed too deep into the conversation to even ask for it. "Not particularly. Never one to keep the resolutions, so I simply stop making them. That way I'm never disappointed when I don't fulfill them..." He smiled at her. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Watching} OPEN   People Watching} OPEN Empty

Back to top Go down

People Watching} OPEN
Page 1 of 1