Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Todd rarely got mail. He kept in touch with his family, sure, but they weren't prone to passing letters back and forth just to see what was going on in each others' lives. Today was an exception. He'd received a small parcel. Since everyone in the common room seemed bent on being the most annoying nerd house ever, he decided to go someplace quiet to open it, without disruption.

The ginger found a nice quiet table in the corner. Puddifoots wasn't his usual haunt, but it was sure to be clear of any loud students at this time of day. Plus, it didn't smell half bad. He tore open the package and found a letter, a small cardboard box just beneath it. Skimming the letter(his father's handwriting), the reality of this thing he'd received settled on him. His grandpa - one he'd never met and who had lived in Texas all of his long life - had died recently, and for whatever reason Todd was in his will. Now, he knew that the death must be tragic for people who actually knew the guy. And he was rather sad that he'd never spoken a word to this man who'd given him quite a sum of money. But that didn't mean he was just going to let the money waste away, did it? No, of course he'd use it! It would be an insult to the old guy to do anything but!
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Grace was wandering Hogsmeade... again, she hadn't seen Viv all day and her head was still hurting from Sinbad's torturing earlier. She enteredMadame Puddifoots, wishing Viv would stop getting her addicted to stupid substances, like tobacco, and in this case, tea.

She took a seat in the far side of the room before noticing the ravenclaw sitting at the table next to hers, alone.

"Hey," she said, hanging her bag on the back of the chair and looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Todd heard someone sit down near him, but didn't glance up until he heard a vaguely familiar voice. Black hair, average height - oh, right. She was the girl who seemed to get a kick out of yelling at mirrors. Though she seemed way more mellow today.

"Oh, hi," he replied, offering a small smile as he set let the letter slip from his fingers and onto the table. "I know I've seen you around but I can't seem to recall your name. Mine's Todd."
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm

"Grace," she said to him, as a plump lady approached and asked what she'd like, Grace shot out her order, "Iced tea, sweetened."

The woman walked away and Grace turned back to Todd. "Aren't you friends with those Ravenclaw girls.... Evaine and Brieanne?" Grace asked, playing with her napkin and leaning back in her chair.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Todd blinked, surprised at the mention of his friends. "Yup. I am. Why, are you?" he asked as he watched the waitress retreat. He'd forgotten to order anything before sitting down and tearing open his parcel. He wasn't sure if he'd ever seen them hanging out with Grace before, but he'd only met them this year so he wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:26 pm

"Not really I was just trying to place you, weren't you there at that party, you know, when that douche Leroy was beating up Evaine and I poured some whiskey on his head?" Grace asked curiously, leaning on the table and twirling her wand around in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 am

"That was you? Right on!" Todd exclaimed, though it took him a moment to dredge up the memory. He had been a tad drunk that night, after all.
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 am

Grace smiled at the way it took him a while to recall the memory, he'd probably ben drinking. She looked up to see the same woman return with her iced tea. Grace took a sip and relaxed.

"What were you reading?" Grace said, gesturing to the papers on the table. He'd meant to pretend they weren't there but Grace missed nothing.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Todd stopped the waitress before she left and asked for a cup of blueberry tea. Turning back to Grace, he tried not to grin too much thinking about his inheritance. His family wasn't a rich one, so this news was very exciting. "A, uh, distant relative sent me some cash. Well, sent isn't the right word - since he's dead - but it's quite a bit of money all the same."
Back to top Go down
Grace Wang

Grace Wang

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Grace's face fell, he had to remind her about tomorow...

"Its always seemed strange to me that money is repayment for death, in its way," Grace said, trying to push unwanted thoughts out of her mind.
Back to top Go down
Todd Cross

Todd Cross

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:06 am

"If they have a will or life insurance, that is," Todd added, gaze flicking to the ground for a moment. She didn't seem to like this particular topic. "I didn't really, uh, know the guy so I suppose it doesn't have a huge effect on me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]   Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends in High Places[Tag: OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: