Hogwarts: Alternate Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Alternate Universe Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] Empty
PostSubject: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:42 am

Jason sighed through his nose as he walked outside. His eyes trained on the Lake as the wind blew his cloak around him. He had finally felt well enough to leave this castle in which he was stationed to perchance see the sun again. He almost gave a dry snort. He and the sun were not the best of friends in his human form.

Once he found a duller, lacking in less sun than the rest of the area, place he sat on the ground, stripping his coat from his body. His eyes looking over the Black Lake.

Honestly, why had he come here? He eyes flickered back to the Castle. Oh, yeah. He had lost his only friend because of his tempter. He growled under his breath. He felt alone, honestly alone.

And the feeling scared him.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:52 am

Molly stretched a bit, working out all the kinks in her back. Quidditch practice really got to her body. Moll let out a sigh, heading toward the Black Lake. Perhaps Professor Ezra would be down here - maybe she should switch into her puppy dog form. No, if she saw him, she'd hide somewhere and then transform. She wanted to enjoy today as a human.

Once she was down at the Black Lake, she stared over the water. If there hadn't been so many creatures in there, she probably would have gone swimming, but that really didn't seem like a good idea. Molly looked around for a moment only to realize she was not the only one there. Pursing her lips, Moll debated going over. She shrugged to herself, thinking why not? So, Molly shoved her hands in the pockets of her pants - thankful to be out of her uniform - and made her way over to the other person.

"Hello," she greeted, noting that he didn't quite look all too happy. Moll raised an eyebrow. "You okay?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:58 am

Jason's eyes moved over to the Gryffindor as she rested his arms and head on his knees.

"Peachy." Jason said in a lower voice than he honestly meant to. Honestly, maybe being alone was the best thing possible. He would only hurt people if they came near him. But yet, he couldn't find it within him to tell the red-head to go away.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

Molly folded her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes down at him, a look of disbelief on her face. "Yeah, you look just peachy," Molly said rather sarcastically. She hadn't recognized him much from around school, but she could tell that he was a Slytherin. She wasn't too terribly fond of Slytherins.

"Well if you're not going to tell me and you're just going to sit there being all sulkily like, then I'm just going to leave," Molly didn't move though. She wondered if he had wanted her to leave at all, but was hoping that if he didn't then maybe he'd tell her his problem. She was a good listener and was good at dealing with problems (of other people's); that was just who she was. When he didn't say anything at first, she started to turn to walk away - though she wasn't really planning on leaving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:17 am

Jason didn't give her a vocal answer. Not that he needed to, he wasn't much of a talker. He liked to sit back and listen to others, but he had a vibe from this girl that walked up. She was bright and sunny and wouldn't leave until he told her what happened.

"I attacked someone, on accident. They refuse to believe it was that. I do take responsibility for it and tried to make what happened right but they will not hear me out."

Okay, partially a lie. It was an accident but no one would talk to him. He needed to hear forgiveness for what he had done but everyone acted like it had never happened.

But it had, and it was eating away at his soul.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:31 am

Molly had her back turned to him, having taken her first two footsteps when she paused. He had begun to talk, just like she had suspected. A small smile placed on her face, but only briefly before he mentioned attacking someone on accident. Moll turned around and sat down next to him.

"How did you attack someone on accident?" Molly asked, trying to understand the situation a bit more. "I don't mean to pry too much or whatever, but yeah. Was it really bad? I mean, if they won't talk to you?" Molly was just trying to get her facts straight. I mean, for her not to talk to someone, they must have done something pretty bad. Unless this other person was just an asshole and got upset over every little thing... and this is why she needed more facts, to better give advice on the situation - whether the Slytherin boy wanted it or not.

"I'm Molly, by the way," Molly introduced herself. She figured he should know who he was talking to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:47 am

"I'm Jason, Jason Todd." The only child said, moving his head to look at Molly. He wasn't one to be biased on house, unless Hufflepuff. To him, Hufflepuffs were stupid and a completely unnecessary house. It was like they needed a reject house to place them in.

"And... I lost control for a moment. You know... the Hulk right?" Jason blinked, acting completely serious as he asked the question.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:54 am

"Nice to meet you Jason Todd," Molly nodded. She pulled her knees up, resting her arms on them as her hands dangled off, fingers twining together. Molly pursed her lips as she listened - perhaps it was a habit she had picked up from her Uncle John, who seemingly did the same thing when he was thinking or listening.

Molly cocked her head to the side, looking at Jason as if he had gone of the deep end. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she gave him a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look. "Uhm, no... what's a Hulk?" She honestly had no clue and wondered if it was a muggle thing; she hardly knew anything about Muggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:59 am

"It's a comic book character. My parents were really big into them when I was younger but they have a anti-hero named the Hulk. If he gets angry he grows into a monster and lashes out at anything near him." Jason sighed, trying to go about saying it.

"I'm a registered animagus. But... I learned to turn with anger, channel it to create the animal inside... but sometimes, sometimes I can't control and I turn and lash out. This was one of the rare times..." He shut his eyes, resting his head back on his arms.

"I didn't mean to do it and I feel horrible about it."
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

Molly's mouth formed a perfect 'o' as if that had cleared up everything, though she was still slightly confused. She nodded anyway, getting the gist of the whole thing. Guy turns into a monster when angry, made sense, there were people like that. Molly's eyes widened a bit and she glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes. He was a registered animagus? Moll bit her lip, trying not to say anything.

"I see, well, the main thing is that you didn't try to do it, which is good, yeah?" Molly asked him. "You're feeling remorse, which is good. I mean, it shows that you are a good person, not that you tried to or anything. Whoever this person is must not know you well enough to know that you wouldn't try that - don't get me wrong, I barely know you, so I can't really judge, but still. This person must be really stupid or something." Molly shrugged. She looked over at him, maybe not all Slytherins were bad. He seemed nice enough; he just had some problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:31 am

"It was their sister. She almost died, or it seemed like it the way she kept going in and out of shock." Jason added to the self loathing.

"You may not know me and there's a reason for it. I isolate myself so these... instances won't happen." Jason let his voice taper off. the weight of everything he had did felt on his shoulders. It hurt to think, to feel, and to ultimately live at this point. It honestly did.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:47 am

Molly sat in silence for a moment. That was a hard one to help out with. Siblings were always harsher, or so Molly had seen. She didn't have any siblings of her own, so she wasn't absolutely sure. Molly rested her head in her hand, contemplating what to say. "That is a touch one, I'll give you that..."

Molly gave him a look. "Well aren't you just Debbie Downer, huh? Seriously, lighten up. You can't let this get to you; things like this happen on occasion. You can't isolate yourself just because it happens every now and then," Molly told him, pulling her legs under her so she was now sitting on her knees. She turned to him, her hands on her hips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:53 am

Jason just shook his head, obviously she really had no idea who she was talking to. It happened within moments but Jason no longer sat where the teen had been moments before. Now sat a six hundred pound tiger that was roughly around ten feet long. When the tiger opened his eyes they were still the same shade of blue as he normally looked.

Jason stood, stretching and flexing his paws. He let a low set growl rumble through his buddy as he sniffed the air. It smelled like a puppy.

What?

That wasn't exactly common, dogs weren't allowed on school grounds.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:58 am

Molly blinked at him for a moment. Yes, she had understood he was an animagus. A tiger, though, she had not exactly been expected. Molly pursed her lips for a moment, contemplating. "Impressive, I suppose, though isn't a tiger a little bit obvious? That must really suck - you can't sneak off anywhere or anything. See, that's why I love being small," she smirked. Within a few seconds, after heavy contemplating, Molly shifted into her puppy dog form.

She looked up at him, he was definitely much bigger than her. [i]So, Mr. Tiger, were you expecting to scare me? Because I'm not, I'm impressed. Though, you're not the only one in the school who is an animagus.[i] She thought to him. One thing she loved about being an animal was being able to talk to other animals, even other animagi. If Molly could smirk right now, she would be doing so, but it shown through her eyes rather well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:15 am

Jason looked down at the small puppy, he took his paw and moved it next to the Molly puppy.

I could squish you. He thought back giving a small yawn to expose his fangs to the smaller mutt. He shook his body thinking of something to say.

Also, no need to sneak. No one will mess with a tiger. For obvious reasons. Even Filch won't touch me in this form.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:28 am

Molly sat down and stared up at him. She glanced down at his paw for a moment and realized it was nearly the same size as her. Molly looked up at him, amused before replying, But that wouldn't be very nice now, would it? Her smirk could be heard in the tone of her thoughts.

Oh, but where's the fun in that? Molly questioned, her tail wagging back in forth. Sneaking around is exhilaration. Plus, I blend in easier - not as easy had I been a cat, but easily enough. Molly stood up, still staring up at the tiger who was Jason Todd. [i]So you occasionally lash out as a tiger, huh? Maybe we should work on that? Control your anger or something...[i] Molly suggested. Within a few seconds she morphed back into her human form. She reached out and patted Jason on the head - never thinking she'd ever be able to say she had pet a tiger. "What do you think, want me to help you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow while a smirk spread across her face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:30 am

Jason just looked up at her, blinking. His eyes showed a bit of apprehension at the thought.

Why are you so keen on helping me? He wasn't sure if the girl could her his thoughts, but he wasn't too keen on leaving his tiger form just yet. He had the sudden, wonderful idea to sun bath. Something he couldn't do being just Jason.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:52 am

Having just morphed back into her human form, she was fortunately able to hear his thoughts. Molly shrugged. "Why not? Your a person - somewhat - who obviously feels guilty of what you've done." Molly stood up and shrugged again. "Of course, if you don't want my help, I can leave." She told him, running her hand through her hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:56 am

Jason stood up, moving forward, brushing his head against her waist before trotting over to a more sunny spot. Her help would wait, the inner tiger in him really wanted that sunlight to cover him as he laid down. He tilted his head back, asking if she'd be coming along to enjoy the sunny spot or if he'd be alone. It didn't bother him, he was used to the lonership that came with being what he was.

He pawed the ground before slowly moving to a laying position with his paws crossed and muzzle laying on the crossed paws. He could feel the warm sun o his back and he purred in contentedness.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Molly tried not to let out a laugh, him rubbing his head against her waist had sort of tickled. She watched as he made his way over to a sunny spot and just laid down. Well, that definitely wasn't what she had thought, but it was a calming effect. Lying in the sun was incredibly inviting and comforting. Molly looked around for a moment, it would definitely look less weird if she was a dog lying down next to him, not a human. She sighed, shifting quickly before hopping over next to him.

Alright, well, after this we should work on your anger management. Molly told him, plopping down to lie on the grass. The sun was warm against her fur and she felt herself almost dozing off. She let out a loud yawn, her tongue hanging out as she did so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Whatever you say. Jason thought to her, getting himself comfortable. He had no real intentions of leaving the spot to do anything. He shut his eyes, letting the low purr that erupted from his chest fill the silence that the lack of nature held.

He liked this part of being an animagus. Laying out in the sun, letting the animalistic (simplistic) needs take away the overwhelming stress of life. It was a great hide-away from his problems.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Molly lay there content, though she felt a little awkward. First things first, Jason was only the second person to know that she was an animagus; she wasn't quite sure how she felt about that, though it was kind of nice that someone else knew. Second off, she was just laying here in the sun with a Tiger. She couldn't imagine how awkward that would be if someone were to walk by. A puppy dog and a tiger, how odd indeed.

Molly rested her head in her paws, her eyes open as she stared across the landscape. She wondered if she should say anything, but perhaps that would be ruining the moment of contentedness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm

(( LAME POST FROM ME IS LAME ; My head is too focus on creating Grarry fucking atm ))

Jason rolled himself to his side when the sun was a bit too warm for his liking. He made sure Molly wasn't behind him as he moved. A squished puppy was a very, very bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Molly Starkey

Molly Starkey

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:19 pm

[lol, I understand. xD]

Molly lifted her head and looked over at him. She smirked internally before speaking. You're pretty much a big kitten, aren't you? Molly snorted. It was rather ironic, she thought, that Jason was both a Slytherin and of the cat family while Molly was a Gryffindor and a dog - both sworn enemies, yet they were seemingly getting along at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Sometimes, but I rather relax than sleep. I'm honestly not a huge fan of sleeping. You're a dog and yet you're acting like a cat. Just because we're classified as one thing doesn't mean we won't act like another. Jason thought back to her, enjoying the sounds and smells that came with his powerful alter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]   Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey] Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are We the Way We are? [Tag: Molly Starkey]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Alternate Universe :: Out of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: